The Dark Knight V's Indiana Jones At The Box Office.

The-Dark-Knight

Superhero
Reaction score
No matter what camp your in, be it Batman, indy, Hulk or Iron Man i think its a safe bet to say the two biggest films of the year will be between Indy and Batman, but who do you think will do better box office wise.

Personally as much as i'd like Batman to triumph over Indy i dont think it's gonna happen, though i think The Dark Knight will get the better reviews (i think Indy will initially get great 5 star reviews as its been a long time coming, much like Phantom Menace)

What are your thoughts on the Indiana Jones V's The Dark Knight? What film do you think looks better?

Both will make a heck of a lot of money, but Indy will make more money. Both will have great reviews, but Dark Knight will have better reviews.

Let's look at 1989.

Batman = Highest Grossing Movie in North America
Indy III = Highest Grossing Movie Overseas.

In conclusion, it could go either way.

Even though I'm really excited about both, I'm a little more excited about The Dark Knight.

The difference between TDK and Indy is Indy didn't need another movie, which is why I barely even want to see it. TDK is the most exciting movie on the decade.

The difference between TDK and Indy is Indy didn't need another movie, which is why I barely even want to see it. TDK is the most exciting movie on the decade.

Says the guy with the Batman avatar.

I don't care that much for TDK, and I'm looking forward to see Indy for the first time on the big screen :up:

Let's look at 1989.

Batman = Highest Grossing Movie in North America
Indy III = Highest Grossing Movie Overseas.

In conclusion, it could go either way.
This time they could not even be close to that...

Back then, it was the first Batman in ages, and Indy was around...

This time, is the opposite...

I don't care that much for TDK, and I'm looking forward to see Indy for the first time on the big screen :up:

This time they could not even be close to that...

Back then, it was the first Batman in ages, and Indy was around...

This time, is the opposite...

Damn, beat me to the punch, I was just about to say that. Voted for The Dark Knight in the poll because it says which one you're most excited for and I'm definitely more excited to see The Dark Knight, but I think Indy will make more money.

Come on...it's Indy.
I don't care if Batman himself came out of the movie to greet everyone that went to see his movie.....i'd still see indy first. :p

The Knight will own the summer

Unlike some of the other returning franchises, People have been asking for another Indy for a very long time. It was definitely needed.

By they way, The-Dark-Knight, next time to make a thread with a poll, make the poll match the threads title, this thread is very confusing. The title ask about the box office, the poll asks about excitment level, then you mention which one will have better reveiws and looks better in your post. Pick a topic and stick to it, the thread will veer of topic on it's own, you don't need to help it along.

I have been waiting for a new Indy for almost 20 years. Batman is sure to be great and my anticipation is high for it as well, but it's Indy Freakin Jones. Can't wait to see it.

Indiana Jones will kick Batmans ass when all is said & done

Indiana Jones will definitely win box-office wise. It's much lighter.

Indiana Jones will definitely win box-office wise. It's much lighter.
Yeah, to expect TDK to do Indy/Iron Man/Spidey type numbers is not so smart.

Look at Begins, it did less money than Fantastic 4. (if I remember right) Not that F4 was a better movie, or had more hype, it just had a broader audience.

TDK isn't very kid friendly, and it doesn't have all the flashy effects and superpowers.

It'll do better than Begins I think, but like I said, not up there with Indy/Iron Man/etc.

Look at Begins, it did less money than Fantastic 4. (if I remember right)

No it didn't. Begins was the 8th highest grossing movie of 2005. The seven movies that made more money were Star Wars, Narnia, Harry Potter, War of the Worlds, King Kong, Wedding Crashers, and Willy Wonka.

But, anyway, the problem with this current Batman franchise (and this is something that was discussed when Begins was released) is that its not a kid friendly franchise. And I'm not talking about darkness. The first Batman was dark and it was #1 for `89 and Batman Returns was dark AND violent and it was #3 for `92. What I'm talking about is the fun factor. Batman Begins was a great movie. It had a good story and well-developed characters but it wasn't a "fun" movie. Kids who went to see that movie got bored. The Burton movies didn't have that problem. There was a lot of fun stuff in those movies. These days people complain about Joker dancing to Prince music or pulling a giant gun out of his pants but, admit it, when you were a kid you thought that stuff was great. So, since kids aren't really attracted to the current Batman franchise it'll suffer at the box office. Indiana Jones doesn't have that problem. Kids will go see it and enjoy it.

So, I think Indy will win the box office.

I think Indy will win the box office out of the two.

Yeah, to expect TDK to do Indy/Iron Man/Spidey type numbers is not so smart.

Look at Begins, it did less money than Fantastic 4. (if I remember right) Not that F4 was a better movie, or had more hype, it just had a broader audience.

TDK isn't very kid friendly, and it doesn't have all the flashy effects and superpowers.

It'll do better than Begins I think, but like I said, not up there with Indy/Iron Man/etc.

No, Fantastic Four didn't, as this video clearly shows;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=diIYOvGvmg4

Indy mite make more than TDK
but TDK will definitely be the better movie...But you cant deny Harrison Ford(my favorite president) wont disappoint.
It'll be a close battle though...Indy owns the show when it comes to International sales

Indy 4: 350,000,000

The Dark Knight: 300,000,000

I fairly certain Indy will edge TDK at the B.O. In terms of anticipation, I'm greatly looking forward to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"