Idea Created by Karem-Knight

absolutekingdomcomehcvp1.jpg

Game Master - Karem-Knight
Assistant Game Master - Master Bruce
Assistant Game Master - Keyser Soze
Assistant Game Master - trustyside-kick

Storyline:

20 years ago.

The ruler of the planet Apocalypse, Darkseid cast a full-scale invasion on Earth, lasting a total of three months. The United Nations, in retaliation, used the help of the combined forces of the Justice League, Justice Society, Teen Titans, members of the Green Lantern Corps, and finally, Orion, son of Darkseid.

In a final attack on Earth, Darkseid destroyed 20 major cities in the earth including, Superman’s home Metropolis. Outraged by this, Orion killed his father. While Superman unable to cope with not saving his city, left and lived in isolation.

The world then banished meta human activities with all super villains kept in maximum security facilities across the globe which were monitored every second. If any other vigilante is caught they will be sent to prison. With this new law some heroes gave up their alter egos to help others in a different way, some are still active even in their old age.

It has been 20 years since these events have occurred. The world is different now and in need of heroes, A New Age is dawning for the DC Universe.

Rules:
  • PG-13: Nothing graphic, obscene, or against SuperheroHype! Boards own rules and regulations.
  • No by-passing the censors placed on the boards.
  • No flaming, should a conflict become a flame war then SHH! Mods will take action.
  • No multiple screen names.
  • You can choose to be any superhero or super villain in the DC Universe, as long as they are not too powerful. Power level approval will be judged by game masters.- You are now allowed two characters
  • This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such...
  • You can reside in any place in the DC Universe.
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM...
  • Don't be killing people without reason. You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't.
  • If you want to take part in this, just PM NARPG or any of the mods or list your name and character here and I'll put your name and character on the first post here. First come, first serve...
  • You can form supervillain gangs, superhero teams, alliances, the works...
  • There can be a number of stories going on at once, using different people...
  • Act like your characters, ASSUME their traits and personalities...
  • There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...
  • There are limits to time travel, do NOT time travel unless you have talked to one of the Gamemasters…
  • There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.
  • No obscene topics!
  • If a player decides to kill off their character, new players must have permission from the previous player (if he is still in the RPG) to resurrect that character.
  • Must post origin and personality in your application regardless of character.
  • A new character must be based on or related to a preexisting DC Comics hero/villain. This mean you cannot create someone totally random that has never existed in any form before. Legacy characters are allowed. Relatives of past heroes with a brand new persona are also allowed.
  • Second characters are now allowed.
Red = New Rules

ROSTER
(Click on the character names to view the character applications. To check what characters have previously been established, click here.)

HEROES
"The hero draws inspiration from the virtue of his ancestors."

Achilles
Brian Wayne
superdude91

Aquaman
Owen Arthur Curry
trustyside-kick

Batman
John Richard Gordon
Apprentice

Elongated Man (Retired)
Ralph Dibny
SenseiofCheese

Green Lantern
Hal Jordan
Oh Snap!

Martian Manhunter

J'onn J'onnz
Eddie Brock Jr.

Nightwing
Tim Drake
Catman_prb

Power Man
Christopher Kent/Lor-Zod
Byrd Man

The Question (Captured)
Vic Sage
Catman_prb

Superman
Clark Kent/Kal-El
Karem-Knight

VILLAINS
"As there is a use in medicine for poisons, so the world cannot move without rogues."

Bizzaro
Alias Unknown
Watchman

Bronze Tiger
Rick Flag III
trustyside-kick

The Joker

Alias Unknown
The Question

President Luthor
Lex Luthor
MSTK 4ever

Mr.Freeze
Victor Fries
Cyrusbales

The Riddler
Edward Nigma
Keyser Soze

To the Departed

memorial3ku9.gif

Inmates of Victor Fries' Space Prison

prisonlist2cq3.gif

Role-Playing Guides:

DC: New Age Volume 1 Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Hero/Villain:

Identity (Public/Secret?):

Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they are today):

Personality:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1)

2)

3)

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech:

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

DC: New Age Season I Application

Screen Name:
Master Bruce

Character you would like to play: The Batman (John Richard Gordon)

Powers: None. Though, given his parenthood, Batman is a gifted athelete and gymnast, excelling at it even moreso than the original Batman. A trait of his genius mother, John is also a technological genius and master tactician, re-equipping and upgrading the Birds of Prey's arsenal of gadgetry and computer monitoring himself for his own use in the Clocktower, now the "New Batcave".

Because of his father's wealth, as a result of Dick Grayson's rather vast trust fund, John is also able to create his own weapons, such as a "Bat-Staff", designed by the workers of Wayne Enterprises and Tim Drake, the former Robin. He also has access to the entire arsenal of Batmobiles and vehicles once used by Bruce Wayne.

Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they were today): Born by accident as a result of a one night stand between Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon, John Richard Gordon was named after his grandfather, who had played a key part in Dick Grayson's transition from acrobat to Boy Wonder. Surrounded by a constant state of grieving through Barbara and Dick after James Gordon was murdered by the villainous Joker, John's situation only worsened when Nightwing was murdered in a battle with the small-time criminal mastermind known as The Riddler, who was later brought down and accidentally killed by Batman. Renouncing her dual life, scarred by Dick's murder and Bruce Wayne's decision to retire the mantle after The Riddler's death, Barbara moved into Wayne Manor with Bruce, as a secratary to him for Wayne Enterprises. John was treated with pamperment and love by Barbara and Bruce, who seemed to be able to gradually grow comfortable in his new life without the Batman's duties hanging over his head.

That didn't last forever, however, when The Joker resurfaced years later, taking advantage of the destruction caused by Darkseid. In an effort to save Gotham for one final time, Bruce reluctantly faced him, only to die in battle, taking The Joker with him in placing the Clown Prince Of Crime in a vegetative state, and ending both their careers. This lead Barbara to finally decide that she wasn't the right person to raise her son, as death seemed to attract to the ones she loved. John, being told he was an orphan, was taken in by a now adult Tim Drake, the former Robin, as Barbara left Gotham to let her baby be raised with a life of normalcy.

For years, John believed Tim to be his bilogical father, as Barbara's wish was to keep him safe. Tim assumed this meant to erase any part of the Batman legacy from John's life, and thus was never aware of his past. But upon his senior year in high school, John was attacked by Deathstroke, who tried to assasinate John from the Grayson/Gordon bloodline. Questioning this and demanding answers, Tim was forced to reveal the truth, leaving John to run away from Gotham City and travel for the full story of his past. His only connection to his father lied within Bludhaven, where he encountered an older Huntress. Taking the young man in and training him, John returned to Gotham, only to leave Tim's home and venture out on his own accord. Taking up residence in Gotham, John dared to take the path that his ancestors took, upon realising the still rampant crime and corruption in the city. But Nightwing was a role he deemed too honoring for himself, and Robin was a role Tim had reserved for his own son... thus, John became the most legendary of all, looking to invigorate and energise the legend of The Dark Knight.

At first met with opposition, John began to slowly sink into the role as he began to show even faster progress in terrifying and ridding Gotham of criminality than Bruce Wayne had. Eventually, he was embraced within the role, making it his own and inspiring the public to believe Batman had returned to the night. But trouble was soon found within The Joker's legacy, as Harley Quinn became the new head of his gang, leading a pack of goons that would terrorise Gotham and leave the new Batman with alot to handle. Luckily, Tim Drake eventually began to aide John, continuing his training and helping him upgrade his arsenal, setting him with the potential to become the best Batman yet.

Personality: Born into the family of Gotham's greatest crimefighters, John carries a bit of each of their legacies in his example. Barbara, known for her brains and compassion, gave John these traits through inheritence, aswell as her trademark red hair. Dick Grayson's most prominent traits, his atheleticism and reason, were also given to John. Though the one crimefighter he's most attributed to is Bruce Wayne, due to taking up his mantle, John is actually very little like the original Dark Knight, sharing only his commitment and drive to seeking a greater justice for Gotham City.

1) He's Batman. And better yet, he's my Batman. I don't see much of a reason not to play him, honestly.

2) Batman is essential to the DC Universe. And since Bruce Wayne would obviously be too old to carry on the legacy, someone else has to. Who better than someone who has a connection with (practically) everyone who served with the character?

3) I originally didn't want to portray Batman, as I do that enough in other RPG's. But after discussing it with SuperFerret, I began brainstorming, and realised there is none more fitting to my knowledge and love of DC. :o

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): Well, obviously, I want to establish John as the new Batman. But I also want to distinct him from the rest of the Bat-family, aswell as his differences from Bruce, even though there'll obviously be similarities. Even moreso, I want to establish Gotham City's state, now that it's been without a protector for nearly 15 years.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed. Playing a Batman, any Batman, usually provokes regularity from me.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech: Franklin Gothic Medium Bold for Batman's speech, and thoughts, Franklin Gothic Medium Blue for John's speech, and thoughts.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name? allstarbatman - Yahoo, [email protected] - MSN

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? Recruitment thread. I had a hand in approving it, actually. :o

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Thunder cracks across the skies of Gotham City, as a set of screams echo through the night. The first set belong to a random bystander, who was minding her own buisness in walking home after a long night's work. The second comes from her attackers, who had plunged the girl into a dark alleyway in order to have their way with her and her valubles. The scream came when the girl fought back, stepping on one of the attacker's feet with her nearly razor sharp heel. The third, comes from her again, when the attackers grow angry and decide to finish her.

But the last come from them, for another reason entirely.

The first thug goes down, softly, pulled back into the darkness of Gotham's shadowy skyline. The second causes more trouble for him, but little, as he's quickly outmatched by a set of nerve pinches and precise jabs. The third has a gun. He knows what to do, faced with that opposition. And with a toss of his razor sharp weapon, the gun is no longer a problem. And neither is the thug. Taking him down, the figure glances at the terrified woman through the whiteness of his glowing eyes, before leaping back into the darkness above him.

"Who... who are you?", The woman asks, a quiver in her voice, but a thankfullness nonetheless as the figure hears it.

"Who am I?", He repeats in retaliation. "You'll come to know the name again. As will the rest of Gotham."

With a toss of his line and a whip of his cape, he's disappeared, out to right more wrongs that plague the city to this day. As he always has. Or at least, that's what some should choose to believe. But his name never changes. And it's never forgotten. His name? A wry smile comes to his lips, fully embracing it as his own for the first time with a passing thought. And soon, screaming in Gotham City will be a reality of the past.

...I'm Batman.

batskn9.png

Screen Name: Kaboom
Character you would like to play: Superman, aka Lor-Zod, aka Christopher Kent

Powers:
Flight, invulnerability, heat vision, feeze breath, superspeed, super strength, super hearing, microscopic and telescopic vision, x-ray vision
Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they were today): Lor-Zod is the sun of ursa and zod, but adopted by Clark Kent and Lois Lane under the name christopher kent. When Lois died, and Kal-el went into exile, Christopher went to live with martha kent in smallville. After a few years, he grew went to college and graduated. This is where we begin his journey graduation day.

Personality: A young, malleable person who wants to do right, but is often caught up trying to make others happy. this is due to the fact that he has been abandoned by and abused by his real parents, and sent away from his adopted dad. He is guilt ridden over not being allowed to participate in the darkseid invasion, and feels responsible for lois death. he carries a deep burden and isnt sure how to atone for it.

1) all the powers of a kryptonian

2) may be the one person who can actually challenge kal-el

3) intersting personalyt dynamic in that hes zods son, adopted by superman, and then sent away to live with martha kent.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

Lor-zod will seek to discover what it means to be a hero, and if that necessary means wearing tights. He will explore whether Superman is his father, or a symbol.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: alot

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech: verdana bold blue

kaboom43

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread?

Approval thread

"All these powers, and I couldn't even save her," I whispered as the Dean announced name after name of college of journalism graduates. It was a nice day, by all accounts. A perfect day for the graduation ceremony, where we cease being students and become people, ready to enter the world. My mom, Lois Lane Kent, would have been proud, carrying on the family tradition. But reporting was not the only tradtion I was meant for.

The other was bigger than me or my family. The symbol of Superman, the crest of the House of El. The kryptonian word for Hope. Since my dad left, it seemed alot of hope had been gone. And hope was something this world needed, even still after all these years--after the darkseid invasion. After super heroing became illegal in all its forms, and super villiany became something even worse. The world still needed a Superman. It needed my father, and if he wouldn't then maybe it needed me.

But was it my right to wear his suit? Grandma Martha seemed to think so. She never expressed dissappointment at dad's self imposed exile. But I could see it in her eyes.

She missed him. I missed him. I had searched everywhere for him. The fortress, What used to be Metropolis. China, Australia. Space.

But he was gone. Which mean there was only one person left to carry on my family tradition.

"Kent."

But was that person really me?

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you would like to play: The Flash (Bartholomew "Barry" West)

Powers: Barry's a speedster, like his father before him: Able to run at super speeds up to the speed of light (he can't surpass light speed like his father could...at least not yet); connection to the Speed Force allows him and any he carries to be unharmed by the ill effects of high speeds and gives him a slight degree of invulnerability, as well as allowing him to perform a host of abilities such as: Intangibility (by vibrating his molecules at a high speed, Barry can become intangible and, if he chooses to, the molecular structure of an object he passes through can be destabilized, causing it to explode); invisibility (can turn invisible by vibrating his molecules at a speed that makes him undetectable by the human eye); create wind vortexes by running in circles or moving his arms or legs in a circular motion; Steal/Lend Speed (like his father, Barry can steal the speed from an object or person, or give some of his speed to an object or person; he's not near as skilled in this as his father was though, at least not yet); Create after images of himself to through off foes; defy gravity by running up walls and across non-solid surfaces, such as water; Infinite Mass Punch (when reaching light speed and gaining infinite mass, Barry's punch is so strong it can knock out a Superman level being in a single shot)

Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they were today): Okay, here's a compressed version...

The son of Wally West, Bartholomew West is the Fastest Man Alive...but it was not alway as such. He was seemingly just a regular kid growing up alongside his twin sister, Iris, in the loving care of his mother, Linda, and his father, Walter. But, at an early age, both Barry and Iris manifested powers similar to their father. Under Wally's watchful eye, their powers blossomed and they eventually took to fighting crime along side the other Flashes, calling themselves the Tornado Twins. Life was good for Barry and his sister, but all that changed the day Darkseid came.

In the battle to stop the tyrant, Wally West heroically gave his own life along side Jay Garrick, as well as other heroes. Their sacrifice was not in vain, as Darkseid was eventually defeated once and for all. But life was not the same for the grieving twins. They stayed close to their mother, Linda, and cousin, Bart Allen, through this trying time. Eventually, the twins began their crimefighting ways once again as the Tornado Twins, fighting along side the new Flash, Bart Allen, in spite of the new ban of meta-human activities. This went on for years until one day Bart decided to give up the mantle of the Flash, and chose Barry as his replacement. Barry was surprised as he always thought Iris would've made the better choice, but the experienced Bart saw something in Barry...a hidden potential that could make him the greatest of all the Flashes.

Despite feeling good for her brother, Iris was heart-broken by Bart's choice and the seed of jealousy and bitterness began to grow in her heart.

Now, with Bart acting as a mentor, Barry races the streets of the Twin Cities, saving lives, stopping crime, and avoiding incarceration as the Fastest Man Alive...the Flash.

Personality: When Barry started out, he was much like Bart: a brash, cocky hero who didn't always think things through. It was always Iris who kept him in line during their days as the Tornado Twins.
Now, after having suffered through pain and loss, and many years of being a hero, Barry is more stoic now, his once cocky attitude buried inside him. But, that cockiness will still come up from time to time.
Barry may be more stoic than he once was, but that does not mean he is a totally detatched. Barry will act the role of the jovial hero, joking around with friends when the situation calls for it, or in an attempt to lighten the mood.
He is a sensitive and caring soul who puts the lives and problems of others above his own.

1) I love speedsters, Wally being my favorite comic hero next to Spider-Man, and I couldn't pass up the chance to play one.

2) The Flashes legacy is the greatest in comics, and how can I miss the opportunity to continue that grand tradition?

3) I play too many villains :-)eek: ) and it's time I played another hero to help balance the scales.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I plan to add to the legacy of the Flash, and turn Barry into a hero that would make his father proud. As for my plans, you all will just have to read them when they come to fruition.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as need be, life permitting.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech: Red, Arial Black, Italics

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name? MSN (PM for name if you need to get hold of me over it)

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? Approval thread

"You've got to concentrate, Barry", stated a casually dressed man as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm trying, Bart", replied Barry West, also dressed in casual wear, as he held out his hand towards a moving truck that was driving around them.

"No, try not. Do or do not. There is no try", replied Bart with a smirk, the sunlight dancing off of his red hair as he blew in the cool summer breeze.

Barry gave Bart a sigh and shook his head, "For the twentieth time, the Yoda impressions aren't helping."

"Sorry", chuckled Bart as he scratched the stubble on his chin.
"Just concentrate on the truck...feel the speed energy of it...like it's a tangible thing..."

Barry squinted and then his eyes widened and a smile crossed his face, "I-I can feel it."

"Good, good", exclaimed a happy Bart Allen, "now, concentrate on the speed aura of the truck, run to it, and grab it."

"I'll try..."

"No, try not---"

"Dammit, Bart!"

"Okay, okay", laughed Bart as he held up his hands apologetically, "I'm sorry. No more Yoda. When you're close to the truck, just reach out and absorb that kenetic energy you feel. Take it into your own speed."

"Got it", replied Barry as the world suddenly slowed down and came to a complete stop. With a the Speed Force flowing through him, Barry West took off faster than a bolt of lightning towards the truck and began to circle it. Reaching out with his senses, Barry felt the truck's kenetic energy through the Speed Force as though it were a tangible thing. Reaching out, Barry laid his hand on the truck, his mind solely focusing on taking the speed away from the truck and into himself.
Suddenly, a small rush of energy washed over him as the truck's speed was stolen and absorbed into his being.
Barry smiled a cocky smile that took him back to his rookie days, "Sweet."

Barry slowed down, the world quickly coming back into focus around him. Looking over to Bart, Barry could see him smiling and clapping his hands.

"Awesome! Great job, Barry."

"I'll say", said a dark haired woman with a loving smile as she exiting the truck. She was beautiful, looking like she was in her late twenties or early thirties, but her eyes showed that she was older. That she had experience much more than any person should have to in their lifetime.

Moving over to Barry the woman gave him a big hug, "You're father would've been proud of you, just as much as I am. Good job, kiddo."

"Thanks, Mom", replied Barry as he returned Linda's hug.
"I just wish Iris could've been here."

"So do I, Barry", replied Linda in a somber tone, "but you can show her your new trick when she returns from her trip with her friends."

"So", said Barry as he looked towards Bart who was walking up towards them, "are we done for the day? I'd like to go out on patrol for bit before dinner."

"Well", replied Bart hesitantly, "you've still got to improve your stealing and lending of speed techniques..."

"I can practice some more after dinner. People out there might need help."

"Okay...you must do what you feel is right, of course."

Both Barry and Linda gave Bart a dry look.

"What? No Obi-Wan either?"

JB and MB are approved. Kaboom, a sample post is needed and I will let Karem approve you since I am not sure if your plans conflict with his.

EDIT: "The Bomb" beat me to it. :cmad: :p

Screen Name:
Eddie Brock Jr.
Character you would like to play: Kara Zor-El, formerly Supergirl, currently Superwoman

Powers:
Superstrength, superspeed, X-Ray vision, heat vision, telescopic/microscopic vision, superbreath, arctic breath, flight, invulnerability

Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they were today):
After the events of D-Day, the world needed a Kryptonian. With Superman in exile, the world turned to Supergirl.

Approximately 4-5 years later, Kara became the one thing she never expected: a mother. Kara had a daughter with Owen Mercer, aka Captain Boomerang. She named her daughter "Allura" after her mother.

A couple years later, Boomer was arrested for acts of vigilantism. Months later, Boomer died in prison. It is believed that he starved himself. This left Kara in a tough situation. She was now a single mother of a half-Kryptonian baby.

Recently, Allura has taken up her mother's former title as Supergirl. Meanwhile, Kara is still fighting for truth, justice, and the American way.

Personality:
Kara is suprisingly upbeat for someone who's been through so much. She is constantly fighting with the responsibility of walking in her cousin Kal-El's shoes. Fortunately, she seems to be up to the task as the Woman of Steel has never been stronger.

1)
I wanted to get in on the Kryptonian legacy.

2)
Kara is an interesting character now...why not in 20 years?

3)
I wanted to play someone with some history.

I plan on showing a much more mature Kara. In current continuity, she's a typical, irresponsible teenager. Unfortunately, she can no longer carry on that lifestyle. She now has to be a responsible role model for her daughter, and she needs to be the hero that the world so desperately needs.

Daily? Hard to say. But I'd definitely be good for weekly.

Blue System

AOL Instant Messenger - SixersFanatic05 (but be warned, I am rarely, if ever, online)

I saw the application in the Approval Forum.

APPROXIMATELY 8 YEARS AGO

Truth, justice, and the American way. Sound familiar? That's what my cousin used to fight for. This world is so lost without Superman - The Man of Steel, the Last Son of Krypton, the Man of Tomorrow, etc.

What about me? Kara Zor-El? The Last Daughter of Krypton? Well, after the Darkseid incident, the world was in desperate need of a hero. Suddenly, Supergirl had to mature into Superwoman...really quickly.

Add onto that the fact that I had to deal with a sudden pregnancy. Yes, that's right. I became a mother. Weird, huh? Well, Boomer and I have always been close. I suppose it was only a matter of time before we...well, you get the picture.

My life really changed the day that I gave birth to little Allura Zor-El/Mercer. When I looked into those deep, blue eyes, I knew that my days of carefreeness were over. It was time to mature.

From that point on, I became Superwoman. Despite the laws against metahuman vigilantism, I still fought for those ideals that Kal-El once stood for. Unfortunately, Boomer wasn't so lucky when it came to beating the law. They caught him and imprisoned him. Some time later, he died - presumably from self-starvation. That hit hard.

So here I am...Last Daughter of Krypton...a single mother of one...and an outlaw. Nobody said it was easy walking in my cousin's shoes.

"Allura, Mommy will be back in a little while," I assure my daughter. "Remember, if anyone comes knocking, don't answer the door."

Screen Name:
The Question
Character you would like to play: The Joker

Powers: None (yet)

Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they were today): Over 20 years ago, after having murdered dozens of police officers, including Police Commisioner James Gordon, The Joker dissapeared. Just fell right off the map. There were no more atacks, no more robberies, no more bombings, no more killings, no more pranks. He was just gone. Went into hiding. Sure, there were a few sightings now and then, but they were mostly copycats. Gotham City, and the world in general, breathed a sigh of relief. Then D-Day happened. And The Joker decided to make his comback. He then showed up at Wayne Manor, to wait for the now retired Bruce Wayne to return. He tied up Alfred Pennyworth in the living room. When Bruce entered, the two fought, the fight ending with The Joker riddling bruce with bullets. He then walked over to Alfred, declaring that the last thing Bruce would ever see would be a bullet going through his surrogate father's head. With that, Bruce summoned one last ounce of strength, and with his dying breaths, stabbed The Joker in the back with a batarang, severing his spine. The Joker now lies in Arkham Asylum, motionless, saying nothing, and lost within his own madness. But that'll change real soon.

Personality: He has several, actually. Let me explain. You see, The Joker suffers from a unique case that can only be described as a combination of Solispism Syndrome and Dissasociative Identity Disorder (multiple personality disorder for the uneducated). Solipsism Syndrome, for those unfamiliar, is the psychological condition that cuases someone to believe that nothing is real. That everything is just a dream within their own minds. The Joker's case is unique because he doesn't think everything is a dream. No, he sees himself as an actor on a stage, and the world is just part of his performance. That is why he has several personalities. He reinvents hjmself like an actor changing roles. The persona of the flamboyantly homicidal clown is simply his favorite and "most popular" role. To put it simply, he's completely detatched from reality in any way we understand it, and he shifts and he reinvents his very personality based solely on a whim, following a theatrical pattern that only he truely understands.

1) I had a great idea for a Joker 20 years hence.

2) We needed some villains.

3) His craziness is fun to play around with.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): Well, I don't want to tip my hand, but let's just say that you'll see some actual character growth in The Joker. I'm going to explore the nature of his insanity and the possibility of regaining his sanity.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As often as possible. All I can promise.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech: Purple Comic Sans MS

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name? No. Sorry.

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? Saw it in the application forum.

"And we're back, with the one and only Joker himself! Now, Mr. Joker, most of your fans agree that your last performance was your best."

"Well, I tried."

"What was it like saying goodbye to the character that basically defined your career?"

"...it wasn't easy, I'll tell you that. The "Killer Clown" was near and dear to me. Really, he was the centerpiece of the show. But, if there was a better way to end the show, and a better send off to the character, I'd like to hear it."

"Now, you meantioned that the Killer Clown was at the heart of the show. Now, you had so many great cjaracters. Why did you always give the most focus to that one?"

"Honestly? Well, I've never really said this to anyone, but: It was Harley."

"You mean Harley Quinn, the Killer Clown's side kick?"

"Yeah. I don't know why, but I just loved playing off of her. And, really, she never fit with any of my other characters. It was almost as if she didn't want to work with any of them."

"Didn't want to?"

"Yeah. It's wierd, but Harley was always very much alive to me."

"Really?"

"....yeah. Sometimes, when I was on stage, I could swear she was a realy person. And, honestly, part of me fell in love with her."

"Really?"

"....yeah..."

In Arkham Asylum, the once feared mass killer now lies in his bed, completely motionless, as he usually does. However, quite unusually, there is something different about him: A single tear falls down his right cheek.

Accepted.

Barbara was in wheel chair during all of this right? I kind of need her to be Oracle for my Oracle to work.

Damn nice. Approved. :up:

EDIT: ...

I'm slower than Rush Limbaugh on anti-depresants. :(

Thanks. Also, MB, PM me. I've got to talk to yuz.

Clear your PM's MB. I want to give you the password to this account.

Geez. I understand the lack of roster updates in the Marvel RPG now. I am sorry for even asking for an update.

EDIT: Can we please wait until I come back on Thursday to start the thread though? I would like to be here...

*looks left*

*looks right*

I just know Charlie's gonna beat me to this, but... approved. :up:

Geez. I understand the lack of roster updates in the Marvel RPG now. I am sorry for even asking for an update.

EDIT: Can we please wait until I come back on Thursday to start the thread though? I would like to be here...

It can be a *****. My advice would be to wait until the storm subsides and do all the updating at once. :up:

Screen Name:
Eddie Brock Jr.
Character you would like to play: Kara Zor-El, formerly Supergirl, currently Superwoman

Powers:
Superstrength, superspeed, X-Ray vision, heat vision, telescopic/microscopic vision, superbreath, arctic breath, flight, invulnerability

Origin (If not a new character, a recap of events leading to how your character got to what they were today):
After the events of D-Day, the world needed a Kryptonian. With Superman in exile, the world turned to Supergirl.

Approximately 4-5 years later, Kara became the one thing she never expected: a mother. Kara had a daughter with Owen Mercer, aka Captain Boomerang. She named her daughter "Allura" after her mother.

A couple years later, Boomer was arrested for acts of vigilantism. Months later, Boomer died in prison. It is believed that he starved himself. This left Kara in a tough situation. She was now a single mother of a half-Kryptonian baby.

Recently, Allura has taken up her mother's former title as Supergirl. Meanwhile, Kara is still fighting for truth, justice, and the American way.

Personality:
Kara is suprisingly upbeat for someone who's been through so much. She is constantly fighting with the responsibility of walking in her cousin Kal-El's shoes. Fortunately, she seems to be up to the task as the Woman of Steel has never been stronger.

1)
I wanted to get in on the Kryptonian legacy.

2)
Kara is an interesting character now...why not in 20 years?

3)
I wanted to play someone with some history.

I plan on showing a much more mature Kara. In current continuity, she's a typical, irresponsible teenager. Unfortunately, she can no longer carry on that lifestyle. She now has to be a responsible role model for her daughter, and she needs to be the hero that the world so desperately needs.

Daily? Hard to say. But I'd definitely be good for weekly.

Blue System

AOL Instant Messenger - SixersFanatic05 (but be warned, I am rarely, if ever, online)

I saw the application in the Approval Forum.

APPROXIMATELY 8 YEARS AGO

Truth, justice, and the American way. Sound familiar? That's what my cousin used to fight for. This world is so lost without Superman - The Man of Steel, the Last Son of Krypton, the Man of Tomorrow, etc.

What about me? Kara Zor-El? The Last Daughter of Krypton? Well, after the Darkseid incident, the world was in desperate need of a hero. Suddenly, Supergirl had to mature into Superwoman...really quickly.

Add onto that the fact that I had to deal with a sudden pregnancy. Yes, that's right. I became a mother. Weird, huh? Well, Boomer and I have always been close. I suppose it was only a matter of time before we...well, you get the picture.

My life really changed the day that I gave birth to little Allura Zor-El/Mercer. When I looked into those deep, blue eyes, I knew that my days of carefreeness were over. It was time to mature.

From that point on, I became Superwoman. Despite the laws against metahuman vigilantism, I still fought for those ideals that Kal-El once stood for. Unfortunately, Boomer wasn't so lucky when it came to beating the law. They caught him and imprisoned him. Some time later, he died - presumably from self-starvation. That hit hard.

So here I am...Last Daughter of Krypton...a single mother of one...and an outlaw. Nobody said it was easy walking in my cousin's shoes.

"Allura, Mommy will be back in a little while," I assure my daughter. "Remember, if anyone comes knocking, don't answer the door."

Approved, but I do have a question. It says SW's daughter becomes Supergirl? In your sample it says it takes place 8 years ago when Allura was a baby...so she is Supergirl at age 8? That is fine, I just want to make sure I got the facts straight.

Edit: I was...beat....:(

It can be a *****. My advice would be to wait until the storm subsides and do all the updating at once. :up:

Good idea. Thanks. Now off to sleep and then to vacation. I will have my app sometime on Thursday/Friday.

Approved, but I do have a question. It says SW's daughter becomes Supergirl? In your sample it says it takes place 8 years ago when Allura was a baby...so she is Supergirl at age 8? That is fine, I just want to make sure I got the facts straight.

Edit: I was...beat....:(
She's not Supergirl yet in my sample post. I just wanted to show the darkness of the situation (since Kara would be a fugitive) without Allura giving much input.

No, Allura becomes Supergirl in this RPG's current continuity...so 20 years after current DC continuity...which would place her at about 15-16...the same age as Kara when she was Supergirl. :up:

Yeah, my IC posts will go into much greater detail. The sample is just a review of the past 12 years or so.

I can't help it. Damn...I must. I want to reserve Rose Wilson, AKA Ravenger. This RPG will be darker side of DC right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"