Idea Created by Karem-Knight

absolutekingdomcomehcvp1.jpg

Game Master- Karem-Knight
Assistant Game Master- Master Bruce
Assistant Game Master- Keyser Soze
Assistant Game Master- trustyside-kick

Storyline:

20 years ago.

The ruler of the planet Apocalypse, Darkseid cast a full-scale invasion on Earth, lasting a total of three months. The United Nations, in retaliation, used the help of the combined forces of the Justice League, Justice Society, Teen Titans, members of the Green Lantern Corps, and finally, Orion, son of Darkseid.

In a final attack on Earth, Darkseid destroyed 20 major cities in the earth including, Superman’s home Metropolis. Outraged by this, Orion killed his father. While Superman unable to cope with not saving his city, left and lived in isolation.

The world then banished meta human activities with all super villains kept in maximum security facilities across the globe which were monitored every second. If any other vigilante is caught they will be sent to prison. With this new law some heroes gave up their alter egos to help others in a different way, some are still active even in their old age.

It has been 20 years since these events have occurred. The world is different now and in need of heroes, A New Age is dawning for the DC Universe.

Rules:
  • PG-13: Nothing graphic, obscene, or against SuperheroHype! Boards own rules and regulations.
  • No by-passing the censors placed on the boards.
  • No flaming, should a conflict become a flame war then SHH! Mods will take action.
  • No multiple screen names.
  • You can choose to be any superhero or super villain in the DC Universe, as long as they are not too powerful. Power level approval will be judged by game masters.- You are now allowed two characters
  • This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such...
  • You can reside in any place in the DC Universe.
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM...
  • Don't be killing people without reason. You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't.
  • If you want to take part in this, just PM NARPG or any of the mods or list your name and character here and I'll put your name and character on the first post here. First come, first serve...
  • You can form supervillain gangs, superhero teams, alliances, the works...
  • There can be a number of stories going on at once, using different people...
  • Act like your characters, ASSUME their traits and personalities...
  • There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...
  • There are limits to time travel, do NOT time travel unless you have talked to one of the Gamemasters…
  • There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.
  • No obscene topics!
  • If a player decides to kill off their character, new players must have permission from the previous player (if he is still in the RPG) to resurrect that character.
  • Must post origin and personality in your application regardless of character.
  • A new character must be based on or related to a preexisting DC Comics hero/villain. This mean you cannot create someone totally random that has never existed in any form before. Legacy characters are allowed. Relatives of past heroes with a brand new persona are also allowed.
  • Second characters are now allowed.
Red = New Rules

*For an updated roster, please check he first page of the Out Of Character (OOC) Thread.*

20 Years ago, the Darkseid war, D-Day:

“You have failed Kryptonian!”

He hits me again with that kick, I’m tired I’m weak, But I can’t let him win, To many lives have been lost already I press my hands on the floor leaping into the air and punching him in the chin.

“I- have not failed!”

I let out my laser eyes blasting into his face, before hitting him again.

“I WILL not let you win Darkseide!”

I see him fall to the ground, even him a god is in pain, But not as much as me, My knuckled are bleeding, My vision blurry but I can’ lett him WIN!

“A shame Kal-El!”

He punched me straight in the forehead he then kicks me, He’s only done this to get to me.

I lunge at him I cannot let him win!

I use my heat vision again at his forehead I fly hitting his chin, He goes flying I clench both my fists hitting him in the face again, He lands on the moon.

I fly straight towards him as fast as I can he catches my cape and I land on the moons surface.

“You did not listen to me, for six months I have watched you destroy your own world, heh It’s quite the saddest of mistakes Kal-El. I have grown tired of your pettiness and so is your adopted planet, they will be delighted to be destroyed by a god!”

I get up unable and weak I watch him give out a command…. It’s a big weapon

NO!

I leap towards it flying as fast as I can; I’m stopped by Darkseide’s hand again on my cape.

I fall straight to the ground I have to get there.

“It is hopeless. That weapon will detonate to most major cities killing half the population in most, You see Kal-El, I have TRUELLEY defeated you this time!”

He says, pressing his foot on my back sinking me into the Moon’s surface, I have to, I must.

“And one of them is your beloved, Metropolis!”

NO!

I press my self-flipping him over, I fly straight into his face with heat vision, Ice breath everything I can throw at him ARGH!

I keep bashing his skull until he’s on the floor.

I only have a second, I race towards the thing.

I’m nearly there, nearly there!

“ARGHhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

It hit me in my spine, His Omega beams, Oh god, I’ve survived one before but it nearly killed me, Oh god I can’t move.

I try to keep going but I can’t I’ve been paralyzed I drop I’m nearly unconscious,

Oh god those people, DAM YOU DARKSEIDE!

My city will fall as I am, HOW could I let this happen! THAT BASTARD!

“DARKSEID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I yell with all my strength left.

The Omega Beam hits me again to teleport me,

I’m in the moon again seeing the monster smiling at what’s he done, I hear his weapon destroy another city.

Tears go through my eyes, Lois…

He’s going to kill me, I died once but I came back, This time I won’t I close my eyes, He’s already taken everything from me.

He clenches his fists; I feel his foot in my face.

I still can’t move, if I could I would kill him.

“Goodbye, Kal-El, Krypton would be ashamed of you!”

All of a sudden I hear a voice.

“FATHER!”

Orion yells flying towards his sadist of a father.

I open my eyes again as Darkseid leaves my body.

Orion looks at me.

“Kal-El!”

I look at him as he walks to me.

“I have to fulfil the prophecy, after this, I can’t let him live. I am sorry for what he has done to you!”

I close my eyes, He knows what has happened,

I doze off only for a second as he fly’s towards his father, If I could stop him I would, But I can’t move……………………….

I wake up, In the Watchtower I see Bruce with his mask off, I’m in the emergey room, I have to go to Metropolis maybe Orion or someone else stopped the weapon.

I look at Bruce, Diana’s here as well.

“Bruce..Die—ana what’s happened?”

He looks at me lowering his head down, Diana walks towards me.

“Clark something happened something terrible millions of people died and!”

I get up knocking over severeal things over, I don’t want to know what’s happened next, I run over towards the end exit of the Watchtower.

Within a second I’m here in Metropolis.

Oh god it’s awful here, bodies everywhere, Oh god oh god!

I’m already breaking down, I fly around to see who else is hurt……………..

NO OH GOD OH GOD GOD!

I fly down and grab her, Blood swept down her face, I start to cry as my knees fall down.

“N-n noo no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!”

“LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!”

cover13.jpg

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Edward Nigma tapped his cane anxiously against the cold linoleum floor of the Arkham Asylum reception. After all these years, he'd never really been able to escape this place. He'd finally been declared "rehabilitated" 20 years ago, and at the moment he sat in the waiting room as a visitor rather than as a patient, but it was like this dark, cursed place still had a hold on him.

"Mr. Nigma?"

A burly young guard dressed in white appeared in the waiting room, his arms folded. Mike, this one's name was. Nigma knew all their names now.

"They're ready for you," Mike said.

Nigma nodded, pushing himself to his feet with a wince of pain. He followed Mike down the hallway, leaning heavily on his trusty old question-mark-handled cane with each limping step. A lot had changed in the years since he was known to the world as the master-criminal called The Riddler. He was now a respected member of society. Redemption is indeed possible, even if it comes at a heavy price...

But some things never change. Nigma still loved green, for example. Green jacket, green pants, green bowler hat. Though now he settled for some purple-tinted shades instead of his old domino mask. That was kept in a frame on his wall at home now. He couldn't quite bring himself to throw it away.

Mike and Edward travelled up by the elevator to the medical ward. It seemed strange, not going to the high-security wing. But really, with most of the major threats locked up in Mr. Freeze's off-planet ice prison, there wasn't really much need for it anymore. Finally, Nigma was led to the bed of the person he had come to see.

"Joker."

Nigma nodded at Mike and the attendants, implying that he wanted to be left alone with The Joker. They all moved out and left him to it, something that would have been unthinkable in the past. But that was the past. Now, The Joker was little more than a vegetable, had been that way for over a decade. Nigma sat himself down on the chair the attendants had left at his bedside.

He didn't seem like The Joker anymore. The green hair and white skin was there, but without that smile - without that laugh - he seemed more like a shell of what The Joker once was.

"Hello, Joker. It's me, Edward."

He had been visiting The Joker, once a week, for many years. As soon as he'd gotten out of his wheelchair, and onto moving about with his cane, he'd added this visit onto his weekly schedule. People thought he was mad, for two reasons. Firstly, because it was The Joker who had put him in the wheelchair in the first place, with one of his death-traps shattering his leg. But Nigma really couldn't hold that against him, after all, it was meant for Batman. And then there was that old chestnut that someone as far removed from reality as The Joker was surely not responsible for their actions...

Secondly, there was the fact that many believed The Joker to be all but brain-dead. He responded to no external stimuli, the doctors said, so there's no reason to believe he's able to comprehend a single word you're saying. Nigma didn't believe that. Nigma believed The Joker could hear him just fine.

"Harley's doing well. She sends her regards, as always. I'm sure you'd be proud, to see how she's...grown..."

Nigma trailed off mid-sentence. He took off his shades, and with a sigh, tucked them in his jacket pocket.

"And really...she's the last one, isn't she? From the old days, I mean. You're here. I've retired from that old life. Cobblepot is up in that retirement home near Gotham Heights, I go to visit him on Thursdays. Mr. Freeze is out in space running that prison. Croc's in the prison. Who knows what the hell happened to Crane. It really is like...our time has come and gone, doesn't it?"

Nigma had moved on, of course. He was a private investigator now, ran a very successful firm. He was rich, famous, and all things considered, happy. But part of him couldn't help but get that feeling of melancholy nostalgia when he thought of the old days. And he couldn't help but think it was more than circumstance that brought them to an end...

"Ah, it was good while it lasted, eh? But really, once Batman...was gone...I think the heart just went out of everyone. Like there was no real purpose to our existence anymore. Only you know the answer, Joker, but something tells me that whatever damage is keeping you in this bed, it isn't physical. It's because he's gone, isn't it?"

Batman.

With him gone, things had gradually gone back to the way they were before in Gotham. Other than Harley and the odd glaring exception, it was mainly the gangsters running the criminal element in Gotham again. Gotham's supervillains (or "the freaks", as some called them) hadn't been around before Batman, and one by one they had all disappeared after him too. They were very much of their time, artefacts of a bygone age.

"But try and remember that, please. He's gone. All things considered, you won. I really believe that, if you ever wake up, you'll be free. Free to move on, and live a normal life again. I did it. And really, at our age, we don't belong in that world anymore. Crime is a young man's game. And we're old now, old friend. I feel old..."

Nigma ran a hand back across the greying hair above his ear. And then he sat in silence for a few minutes. He studied The Joker, looked into his eyes, trying to see if there was anything there. An sign of life...

"Well, I really must be going. I'll be back same time next week. But until then, here's something for you to consider..."

Putting on his shades as he stood up, The Joker looked around to make sure no attendants were watching. Then, he leaned over and whispered in The Joker's ear.

"Question: You break it, even if you name it. What is it?"

Nigma was met with silence in response. He smiled, placing his hand on The Joker's for a moment, before turning and walking away.

"That's the answer..."

signia.png

Hal Jordan
Part I

"Bleeding vandals again.. After everything I've done for this damned city.."

Hal mumbled under his breath as he looked at the giant Swastika that was painted on the front of his apartment, it wasn't the first time either, he wondered how long it would take him to wash it off this time. He pushed the door open and took off his jacket, his dog JC jumped up at him and he smiled widely.

"How're you doing boy? You see what those punks did outside..? What am I thinking.. Of course you didn't, some guard dog you are"

He barked playfully and Hal opened the fridge, throwing a piece of meat to him and sitting down infront of the TV. He flicked through the channels until something caught his eye, it made him feel sick to see it; Mr.Freeze shaking hands with Lex Luthor, who just so happened to be the President of the United States. He turnt the channel over again, to see Wildcat being chased through the streets getting shot at by numerous policemen. It made him smile to see that Wildcat was around, very few people that weren't aware that Ted Grant was his alter-ego, and also dead of course, would be able to tell that it wasn't him. Hal could though, he had spent years fighting beside the man.. It seemed that at the minute there was a renaissance of superheroes, there'd be a day when Hal would be out there fighting the good fight with them.

14 years ago

"It's easy Jordan, your precious Earth.. or John Stewart, your best friend. Make your choice, one of them dies"

It was Sinestro, speaking through the body of John Stewart. Hal looked into Stewart's eyes and saw a tear roll down his cheek, he didn't have any control over what he was doing, but that didn't mean he didn't feel responsible. Sinestro had taken over Stewart's body, in the last 2 weeks he had murdered over 70 Lanterns and destroyed countless planets, normally the Guardians wouldn't have sent Jordan to combat him, he was too 'emotionally involved', but Stewart asked for him by name.

"You weak-willed fool, make your choice.. I think once I'm done killing you, i'll reanimate your body, how easily your fellow Lanterns would kill you.. especially after your last little episode"

Hal seethed with anger, he knew what he had to do, but it wouldn't stop it from being once, if not the single hardest thing he'd ever have to do in his life. Finally he leapt towards Stewart and grabbed him by his collar, landing blow after blow of his energy charged fists.

beast.jpg

"Shut the hell up, Sinestro! I'll finish you.. I'll end this once and for all, you're a dead man!"

"There we go! That's the Jordan I know and love.. Do your worst Lantern, because if you don't then your world is doomed!"

Stewart grabbed him by the throat and started slapping him ruthlessly, he was slowly crushing him with an energy field around his torso. Hal spat blood in Stewart's face, he let Jordan to drop to the floor and attempted to wipe the blood from his eyes. Before he could do so Jordan kicked him in the side of his knee, he fell to the floor and blasted Hal away, laughing loudly. Perhaps if Sinestro was in his own body, he would have won, but in Stewart's body which was unargueably inferior, he was having a hard time. He kill two birds with one stone, charging all of his energy into one large blast he fired it towards the Earth and Hal Jordan (who was plummeting towards it).

Slowly Hal opened his eyes, coming back into conciousness just before the blast connected with him. He wasn't sure whether he could pull this off, whether his body could sustain all that energy, but he had to try. He pulled the energy into him, it burnt and tore at his skin, shredding his costume to pieces. When the light past, Hal Jordan came rocketing back at Sinestro, blinding green light pouring from him. He blasted Stewart to the floor relentlessly, who fell to the floor like a rag doll, slowly he walked over to him and whispered into his ear.

"You won't ever stop, will you? I have to.. I have to put an end to this.. forgive me John.. please"

"You fool.. you think this will stop me? I'll be back.. I'll be-"

Hal broke his neck sharply, a single tear rolled down his eye and he lifted Stewart's body into his arms. This man was a hero, unlike any other that Jordan had known.. he had robbed the world of him. He begun to think that maybe this line of proffesion wasn't for him anymore, maybe he didn't deserve to be a Green Lantern.

The Present

Hal was slumped against his kitchen wall crying to himself quietly, JC ran over and begun licking his face, which made him smile softly. He looked down at the ring around his neck, it was his old power ring, it had been years since he had put it on; the last time he had tried, it hadn't worked, it almost lead to his death. He took it off, placing it on the side and grabbed his coat, opening the door and whistling towards his dog.

"Come on boy, I need some fresh air.. and God knows that we both need the excercise"

SUPERMAN: FLY AWAY

20 Years ago:

It had been a day since the events of Darkseid’s retreat, the world was trying to repair after the crisis, and so was Clark.

He stood in the middle of the city of Metropolis, once home to Nine million, three million lives were lost there, taking half the city with them.

I’m no hero. Clark thought to himself, with tears in his eyes. The world was shook up; things would never be the same again.

He walked towards newspaper vendors to check the headlines.

DAILY PLANET:
DARKSEID WAR ENDS, METROPOLIS, LONDON, PARIS, BERLIN, MOSCOW, SYDNEY, BEIJING, TOKYO ALL IN DEVASTATION.

Clark closed his eyes, he could barley manage the thought of going back to work there, He couldn’t imagine going back to work there either.

He walked along, looking at the emergency workers driving around, the smoke filled the city.

He then noticed something, a small column on the newspaper.

PRESIDENT. LUTHOR
TO GIVE COFFRENCE WITH
OTHER WORLD LEADERS!

Clark nodded his head in shame; He put the newspaper back on the stand and walked to work.

He looked at the Daily Planet building, He had already decided it was his last day, He was going to retire.

Clark walked in, the building was nearly empty only a hand full of reporters were in today. He didn’t mind he needed to go up stairs to Perry straight away he rushed into the next elevator.

He was alone, alone with his thoughts he lowered his head down thinking.

Lois, WHY couldn’t I have saved you! UGH WHY! A tear swept through his eye as he remembered all the times he shared with her.

The elevator doors opened, Clark entered the main office, He went to his old desk, Right next to Lois’, He held the picture of them together he held his forehead before dropping it, he didn’t bother to pick it up and headed straight back towards Perry’s office.

He knocked on the door.

“Come in….”

He was unusually quiet, so was Clark.

“Hello Perry.”

“Hey..Clark, I…I’m sorry, It’s just so much to take in!”

Tears ran down Perry’s face, that’s what today was filled with tears.

“I-I know how you feel Perry.”

Clark closed his eyes.

“L-I lost Lois in that genocide.”

Perry turned around.

“I’m sorry Clark.”

Clark stayed quiet, It was hard for Perry as well, despite their differences Perry and Lois were still very close friends.

“Listen, Perry after what happened here, I-I think… that it would be to hard for me to work here anymore, and I’m leaving Metropolis.”

Perry nodded, He had lost two of his best journalists in two days, It was hard for him, Perry went over to Clark and patted him on the back.

“This is hard for everyone, Clark. But you have to move on, Good luck, it’s been a pleasure.”

“Same here Perry, Send my regards to Jimmy.”

The two gave each other a hug before Clark then left the building.

Clark walked into the middle of the street he closed his eyes.

Goodbye Metropolis.

Clark thought to himself, Before flying away.

A few hours later, Smallvile Kansas USA, Kent family farm:

Clark landed at his child-hood home walking over there, His back still hurt like hell but that was the least of his worries.

“Ma, Pa?”

He said opening the door walking inside.

“Clark!” His father said,

“I heard what happened and I’m sorry.” Clark shook his head,

“Where’s Ma?”

“I’m here sweaty.”

She gave her adopted song a hug.

“Lois was a good woman.”

She said with tears in her eyes.

Clark hugged his family.

“Where’s Chris?”

“I put him to bed.”

“Ok.” Clark said.

“Can we talk in the kitchen there’s something important I need to tell both of you.”

“Of course.” His father said, they all went into the kitchen sitting round the table.

“Listen, I need you two take care of Christopher from now on. I’m going to go away some where for a while.”

“Where?”

Clark pointed to the sky.

“Oh.”

“After what just happened to the world, all those people they all DIED because I failed to act….”

“Clark!”

His father said.

“It’s not your fault, It was that THING that caused that defecation to us all, Not you. Listen Clark what the world needs is a HERO.”

“Dad, I failed, I lost Lois, Millions of others cause I failed to act!”

“Son, Listen to me. The world’s in chaos yes, yes this is a big thing but you can’t keep blaming yourself.”

Clark didn’t say anything, a silence spread across the house for a few minutes.

Clark stood up.

“I’m sorry, you two have helped me through sometimes but now I just need sometime alone.”

He gave his parents a hug.

“Take good care of Chris, I know you will.”

“Clark WAIT, Please don’t go!”

“I’m sorry…. I have to!”

He said.

He walked outside with tears in his eyes; He changed within a second and flew away.

He flew as high as he could, till the blueness of the sky.

He kept flying until there was nothing left but endless stars endless planets and galaxies he looked down on the earth one final time.

superman_returns.jpg

"Alone."

Christopher Kent

"All these powers, and I couldn't even save her," I whispered as the Dean announced name after name of college of journalism graduates. It was a nice day, by all accounts. A perfect day for the graduation ceremony, where we cease being students and become people, ready to enter the world. My mom, Lois Lane Kent, would have been proud, carrying on the family tradition. But reporting was not the only tradtion I was meant for.

The other was bigger than me or my family. The symbol of Superman, the crest of the House of El. The kryptonian word for Hope. Since my dad left, it seemed alot of hope had been gone. And hope was something this world needed, even still after all these years--after the darkseid invasion. After super heroing became illegal in all its forms, and super villiany became something even worse. The world still needed a Superman. It needed my father, and if he wouldn't then maybe it needed me.

But was it my right to wear his suit? Grandma Martha seemed to think so. She never expressed dissappointment at dad's self imposed exile. But I could see it in her eyes.

She missed him. I missed him. I had searched everywhere for him. The fortress, What used to be Metropolis. China, Australia. Space.

But he was gone. Which mean there was only one person left to carry on my family tradition.

"Kent."

But was that person really me?

Christopher Kent

While most people were out with families celebrating their entrance into the world as productive citizens, I sat at the local Starbux drinking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper.

Sonn my mind began to wander. I remembered the last time I saw my adopted father.

“Ma, Pa?”

He said opening the door walking inside.

“Clark!” His father said,

“I heard what happened and I’m sorry.” Clark shook his head,

“Where’s Ma?”

“I’m here sweaty.”

She gave her adopted song a hug.

“Lois was a good woman.”

She said with tears in her eyes.

Clark hugged his family.

“Where’s Chris?”

“I put him to bed.”

“Ok.” Clark said.

“Can we talk in the kitchen there’s something important I need to tell both of you.”

“Of course.” His father said, they all went into the kitchen sitting round the table.

“Listen, I need you two take care of Christopher from now on. I’m going to go away some where for a while.”

“Where?”

Clark pointed to the sky.

“Oh.”

“After what just happened to the world, all those people they all DIED because I failed to act….”

“Clark!”

His father said.

“It’s not your fault, It was that THING that caused that defecation to us all, Not you. Listen Clark what the world needs is a HERO.”

“Dad, I failed, I lost Lois, Millions of others cause I failed to act!”

“Son, Listen to me. The world’s in chaos yes, yes this is a big thing but you can’t keep blaming yourself.”

Clark didn’t say anything, a silence spread across the house for a few minutes.

Clark stood up.

“I’m sorry, you two have helped me through sometimes but now I just need sometime alone.”

He gave his parents a hug.

“Take good care of Chris, I know you will.”

“Clark WAIT, Please don’t go!”

“I’m sorry…. I have to!”

He said.

He walked outside with tears in his eyes; He changed within a second and flew away.

He never even said good-bye.

aquaman_logo.jpg

King Orin sits on his throne, with the drapes that often block the balcony view wide open. From the distance, he can see much of his beloved kingdom. It has been 20 years of peace. The very idea that he has been able to keep such a thing as violence, at bay of his outer dome, brings great joy to his heart.

If only the same could be said for his relationship with his son, Owen. The two have had a rocky relationship, ever since he was a young boy at age 9. Constantly breaking the palace rules, and even attempting to leave the perimeters of the magical outer dowm on purpose, Owen has always proven to be a mischievous one.

Garth enters the room, although he does not make his presence known. He slowly, and quietly moves around, as if gliding in the air his footsteps make almost no noise. But Orin knows he is here; he speaks out ot him.

"For you to be acting so quietly, and in such a way, only makes it that much more obvious what troubles you, Garth."

Garth smirks, and turns, facing his King.

"Same old Orin. 20 years shed away, but to you it only feels like about 10. You've still got it, old man."

"Old? Look who's talking. You're not so young yourself, minnow."

The two chuckle a brief moment of only a few seconds. In the past, Garth would have easily reacted negatively at the sound of being called such a childish name; but it holds value. It holds value of another time period; Garth's childhood. The adventures of Aquaman and Aqualad would never leave him, and he thanked the gods for that. Those are the moments most precious to him, even if he fails to reveal it.

The friendly, cooling vibe quickly fades away however as Orin stops chuckling. It takes Garth a little while longer however to catch on to what's going on. Sliding his arm down the soft drapes cloth, Garth looks out to the balcony view and Orin does the same.

"Owen's been brewing up some trouble...again."

"What is it this time? Did he put sand in the guard's boots again while they slept in their barracks?"

Garth smiles again, but brushes it off.

"I remember the first time he did that."

"He was 8. Such a spirited young lad, he was."

"He hasn't changed much, you know."

Orin stands up from his throne, and begins to walk towards his chamber. Just before he opens the door, however, he turns to Garth who continues to admire the grande view from the balcony.

"...I wouldn't know."

With the sound of the door shutting, Garth takes in a deep sigh, and turns around, walking towards the stairs. As he walks down them, a figure bumps into him, almost knocking him down. Garth grabs him by the arm, however, and pulls him to him.

"Owen, what are you doing here? I was talking with your father. I thought I told those 2 guards to--"

"Nevermind that. Can't talk right now, gotta go. Oh, and you really thought those two guards would be able to detain me? If they think I'm going to stop...hold that thought."

A man's yell echoes throughout the palace, followed by a barrage of footsteps. Three more men's voices follow those footsteps.

"You remember that gorgeous girl I was telling you about, the one with the red hair?"

"Yea."

"Well, it turns out she has an older brother. Correction...a very protective
older brother...and he was one of the guards. So, ya know. Move it or lose it, eh bud?"

Garth taps Owen on the shoulder as he smirks, and lets him pass. Owen continues to race up the staircase of the great palace.

"Heh....same old kid."

freezebannerzk1.jpg

The great halls of the facility rang through with an ominous overture, the cold air playing host to an even more chilling concerto. The audience, never moving, forever locked in their icy poses, music washing over them as they remain dormant and oblivious.

A deep bellowing chord filling every inch of this twisted prison, icicles humming and resonating with the echoing notes. A wintry and pale man’s hands run themselves over bone like keys, the faint sound of cracking ice overpowered with a haunting melody.

Soon only the distant ripples of the symphony remain, a shadow of what was once a man, now roaming the empty corridors between occupants, stopping at a personal favourite, another who’s colour was long since drained from his face. Once known as The Shade, he was merely just a number now.

“Good evening…”

“Just as talkative as usual I see…”

As with every other time, a steely frozen face remains still, oblivious to the words of it’s keeper.

“Well fine, be like that, I understand you’re oh so busy these days, keeping watch are we? What would I do without you eh?”

aquaman_logo.jpg

Owen lays on top of the roof of the great beacon, highest and the most astonishing of all in Poseidonis. As grande and magnificent as it and it's architectural design, it is only 15 years old. King Orin had it built after he realized that perhaps building the outer dome, spanning the oceanspan, was not enough. If an intruder were still to attempt to enter the realms of Atlantis, he would want to know swiftly. So each Atlantean city has three beacons at 3 corners of each city like a triangle.

Owen finds himself laying down and look upward towards the surface more times than he can count. And Garth, the uncle he never had, always knows he can find him there.

"Enjoying the view...again?"

Owen smirks, and shuts his eyes briefly as he does, and then reopens them.

"Actually, I was trying to plan my escape route until you came around and ruined my focus."

"You know...it's not so much different up there. It's a lot like Atlantis actually. Just less advanced in some areas and not underwater."

Owen doesn't reply back to Garth. But he sits up, and Garth sits down beside him with his hands clasped together.

"So how did it go? You know, the guards and all."

"That's no longer a problem, Garth."

"Why?"

"I'm no longer seeing that girl."

"I thought you said she was beautiful."

Owen stands up, again looking upward towards the surface, and then looks down below looking at the entire city of Poseidonis. He hops down from the roof, to the balcony, and Garth follows.

"She was gorgeous were my words actually."

Owen continues to walk away from Garth, now walking down the spiral stairs of the great beacon tower.

"Owen. Stop."

Normally, out of mere fact of Owen being royalty, he would rarely obey such a demanding and quite rude to a point order from another. But with Garth it was different. Sometimes it felt like Garth was the only one that really knew Owen in the world, and sometimes not. Behind all the friendship and loyalty, Owen knows there is a sense of disloyalty. For no one, not even Garth, will tell him the truth about his mother's death. Owen cannot let that go, because he knows they are lying to him. Owen stops however, and turns around reguardless.

"What?"

"You go around, girl to girl to girl, as if it is some game, and then you drop them like nothing. And that isn't all. Oh, how much I wish it were all, Owen. You don't ever appreciate anything in life, for that matter. You--"

"If I knew this was going to turn into some lecture, I would've kept walking. Now, if you would excuse me--"

"Owen Arthur Curry stop. You need to hear this."

Again, Owen stops and turns around. He looks at Garth, who gives him "the look" as if it were Mera herself doing so; that "mother" look. All the reason more for Owen to obey.

"What do you expect from life? What are you searching for? You never ever want to seem to stick with anything! Become attached! Love and be loved back! Heck! You are even doing a poor job trying to keep our friendship intact! What is going on, Owen?"

Owen pauses for a moment before he speaks. His mouth and face moves as if he is about to respond back, but he finds himself lost. Looking into Garth's eyes, Owen quickly turns his head to the side. He tries to speak again, but cannot form the words. His mind is racing too fast for him to make out what he is thinking. Finally, he turns around, takes one step down the stairs and stops.

"It's about your father, isn't it? It all comes back to him. You and your father practically do not even know eachother anymore!"

Owen doesn't end up responding, he just keeps on walking.

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Tap-tap-tap-tap...

Edward Nigma tapped his cane anxiously against the cold linoleum floor of the Arkham Asylum reception. After all these years, he'd never really been able to escape this place. He'd finally been declared "rehabilitated" 20 years ago, and at the moment he sat in the waiting room as a visitor rather than as a patient, but it was like this dark, cursed place still had a hold on him.

"Mr. Nigma?"

A burly young guard dressed in white appeared in the waiting room, his arms folded. Mike, this one's name was. Nigma knew all their names now.

"They're ready for you," Mike said.

Nigma nodded, pushing himself to his feet with a wince of pain. He followed Mike down the hallway, leaning heavily on his trusty old question-mark-handled cane with each limping step. A lot had changed in the years since he was known to the world as the master-criminal called The Riddler. He was now a respected member of society. Redemption is indeed possible, even if it comes at a heavy price...

But some things never change. Nigma still loved green, for example. Green jacket, green pants, green bowler hat. Though now he settled for some purple-tinted shades instead of his old domino mask. That was kept in a frame on his wall at home now. He couldn't quite bring himself to throw it away.

Mike and Edward travelled up by the elevator to the medical ward. It seemed strange, not going to the high-security wing. But really, with most of the major threats locked up in Mr. Freeze's off-planet ice prison, there wasn't really much need for it anymore. Finally, Nigma was led to the bed of the person he had come to see.

"Joker."

Nigma nodded at Mike and the attendants, implying that he wanted to be left alone with The Joker. They all moved out and left him to it, something that would have been unthinkable in the past. But that was the past. Now, The Joker was little more than a vegetable, had been that way for over a decade. Nigma sat himself down on the chair the attendants had left at his bedside.

He didn't seem like The Joker anymore. The green hair and white skin was there, but without that smile - without that laugh - he seemed more like a shell of what The Joker once was.

"Hello, Joker. It's me, Edward."

He had been visiting The Joker, once a week, for many years. As soon as he'd gotten out of his wheelchair, and onto moving about with his cane, he'd added this visit onto his weekly schedule. People thought he was mad, for two reasons. Firstly, because it was The Joker who had put him in the wheelchair in the first place, with one of his death-traps shattering his leg. But Nigma really couldn't hold that against him, after all, it was meant for Batman. And then there was that old chestnut that someone as far removed from reality as The Joker was surely not responsible for their actions...

Secondly, there was the fact that many believed The Joker to be all but brain-dead. He responded to no external stimuli, the doctors said, so there's no reason to believe he's able to comprehend a single word you're saying. Nigma didn't believe that. Nigma believed The Joker could hear him just fine.

"Harley's doing well. She sends her regards, as always. I'm sure you'd be proud, to see how she's...grown..."

Nigma trailed off mid-sentence. He took off his shades, and with a sigh, tucked them in his jacket pocket.

"And really...she's the last one, isn't she? From the old days, I mean. You're here. I've retired from that old life. Cobblepot is up in that retirement home near Gotham Heights, I go to visit him on Thursdays. Mr. Freeze is out in space running that prison. Croc's in the prison. Who knows what the hell happened to Crane. It really is like...our time has come and gone, doesn't it?"

Nigma had moved on, of course. He was a private investigator now, ran a very successful firm. He was rich, famous, and all things considered, happy. But part of him couldn't help but get that feeling of melancholy nostalgia when he thought of the old days. And he couldn't help but think it was more than circumstance that brought them to an end...

"Ah, it was good while it lasted, eh? But really, once Batman...was gone...I think the heart just went out of everyone. Like there was no real purpose to our existence anymore. Only you know the answer, Joker, but something tells me that whatever damage is keeping you in this bed, it isn't physical. It's because he's gone, isn't it?"

Batman.

With him gone, things had gradually gone back to the way they were before in Gotham. Other than Harley and the odd glaring exception, it was mainly the gangsters running the criminal element in Gotham again. Gotham's supervillains (or "the freaks", as some called them) hadn't been around before Batman, and one by one they had all disappeared after him too. They were very much of their time, artefacts of a bygone age.

"But try and remember that, please. He's gone. All things considered, you won. I really believe that, if you ever wake up, you'll be free. Free to move on, and live a normal life again. I did it. And really, at our age, we don't belong in that world anymore. Crime is a young man's game. And we're old now, old friend. I feel old..."

Nigma ran a hand back across the greying hair above his ear. And then he sat in silence for a few minutes. He studied The Joker, looked into his eyes, trying to see if there was anything there. An sign of life...

"Well, I really must be going. I'll be back same time next week. But until then, here's something for you to consider..."

Putting on his shades as he stood up, The Joker looked around to make sure no attendants were watching. Then, he leaned over and whispered in The Joker's ear.

"Question: You break it, even if you name it. What is it?"

Nigma was met with silence in response. He smiled, placing his hand on The Joker's for a moment, before turning and walking away.

"That's the answer..."

"And we're back, with the one and only Joker himself! Now, Mr. Joker, most of your fans agree that your last performance was your best."

"Well, I tried."

"What was it like saying goodbye to the character that basically defined your career?"

"...it wasn't easy, I'll tell you that. The "Killer Clown" was near and dear to me. Really, he was the centerpiece of the show. But, if there was a better way to end the show, and a better send off to the character, I'd like to hear it."

"Now, you meantioned that the Killer Clown was at the heart of the show. Now, you had so many great cjaracters. Why did you always give the most focus to that one?"

"Honestly? Well, I've never really said this to anyone, but: It was Harley."

"You mean Harley Quinn, the Killer Clown's side kick?"

"Yeah. I don't know why, but I just loved playing off of her. And, really, she never fit with any of my other characters. It was almost as if she didn't want to work with any of them."

"Didn't want to?"

"Yeah. It's wierd, but Harley was always very much alive to me."

"Really?"

"....yeah. Sometimes, when I was on stage, I could swear she was a realy person. And, honestly, part of me fell in love with her."

"Really?"

"....yeah..."

In Arkham Asylum, the once feared mass killer known as The Joker now lies in his bed, completely motionless, as he usually does. However, quite unusually, there is something different about him: A single tear falls down his right cheek.

"You've got to concentrate, Barry", stated a casually dressed man as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm trying, Bart", replied Barry West, also dressed in casual wear, as he held out his hand towards a moving truck that was driving around them.

"No, try not. Do or do not. There is no try", replied Bart with a smirk, the sunlight dancing off of his red hair as he blew in the cool summer breeze.

Barry gave Bart a sigh and shook his head, "For the twentieth time, the Yoda impressions aren't helping."

"Sorry", chuckled Bart as he scratched the stubble on his chin.
"Just concentrate on the truck...feel the speed energy of it...like it's a tangible thing..."

Barry squinted and then his eyes widened and a smile crossed his face, "I-I can feel it."

"Good, good", exclaimed a happy Bart Allen, "now, concentrate on the speed aura of the truck, run to it, and grab it."

"I'll try..."

"No, try not---"

"Dammit, Bart!"

"Okay, okay", laughed Bart as he held up his hands apologetically, "I'm sorry. No more Yoda. When you're close to the truck, just reach out and absorb that kenetic energy you feel. Take it into your own speed."

"Got it", replied Barry as the world suddenly slowed down and came to a complete stop. With a the Speed Force flowing through him, Barry West took off faster than a bolt of lightning towards the truck and began to circle it. Reaching out with his senses, Barry felt the truck's kenetic energy through the Speed Force as though it were a tangible thing. Reaching out, Barry laid his hand on the truck, his mind solely focusing on taking the speed away from the truck and into himself.
Suddenly, a small rush of energy washed over him as the truck's speed was stolen and absorbed into his being.
Barry smiled a cocky smile that took him back to his rookie days, "Sweet."

Barry slowed down, the world quickly coming back into focus around him. Looking over to Bart, Barry could see him smiling and clapping his hands.

"Awesome! Great job, Barry."

"I'll say", said a dark haired woman with a loving smile as she exiting the truck. She was beautiful, looking like she was in her late twenties or early thirties, but her eyes showed that she was older. That she had experience much more than any person should have to in their lifetime.

Moving over to Barry the woman gave him a big hug, "You're father would've been proud of you, just as much as I am. Good job, kiddo."

"Thanks, Mom", replied Barry as he returned Linda's hug.
"I just wish Iris could've been here."

"So do I, Barry", replied Linda in a somber tone, "but you can show her your new trick when she returns from her trip with her friends."

"So", said Barry as he looked towards Bart who was walking up towards them, "are we done for the day? I'd like to go out on patrol for bit before dinner."

"Well", replied Bart hesitantly, "you've still got to improve your stealing and lending of speed techniques..."

"I can practice some more after dinner. People out there might need help."

"Okay...you must do what you feel is right, of course."

Both Barry and Linda gave Bart a dry look.

"What? No Obi-Wan either?"

"Let's ditch the Star Wars quotes all together, Bart."

"Fine, no more Star Wars quotes", sighs Bart with a frown.

"Thank, God", mutters Barry under his breath.

"I heard that, junior", states Bart with a look of mock annoyance.

"Ok, I'm going to head out on patrol for a bit."

"Don't worry, Mom", continues Barry as he kisses Linda on the cheek, "I'll be back in time for dinner."

"You better", smiles Linda as she gives him a hug.

"Watch your backside, Barry."

"I will, Cousin", said Barry as he opened up the compartment ring on his finger, a red and yellpw costume seemingly flowing out of it. No sooner did the costume shoot out of the ring it was on Barry.

NewFlash.png

"Barry, you watch out, ok? Stay safe."

Barry smiled towards his worried mother, a smile that melted her worry away.

"Always do."

And in a flash, he was gone...

SUPERWOMAN

20 Years Ago:

"Clark? Clark?! CLARK!" I scream out as I descend onto the Kent farm. I heard what happened, and I knew that this was the only place Kal-El would come to for guidance.

"Kara?" I hear a voice call out. I turn and see the upset face of Jonathan Kent.

"Mr. Kent, where's Clark?" I ask. He looks away from me. "Did something happen to him?"

I hear a different voice respond, "He's gone, Kara." I look and see tears streaming down the aging face of Martha Kent.

"Gone?" I repeat in disbelief. "Gone where?"

"We don't know. He took off," Mr. Kent explains. "He said that he failed."

"Tell us that you'll find our son," Mrs. Kent interrupts.

I look up at the big, blue sky. "I'll try, Mrs. Kent."

She then fell apart. She wrapped her arms around me and began to sob. I wanted to cry as well, but I had to stay strong. With Superman gone, this world needed a savior...it needed Supergirl.

I manage to pull myself away from Mrs. Kent. She leans onto her husband's shoulder and weeps quietly. I turn away and tear open my jacket.

supergirl7.jpg

"Kara," Mr. Kent says as he puts his hand on my shoulder, "Bring Clark home."

I nod and then rocket into the air. I had one destination in mind. One place where I might be able to find answers.

The Fortress of Solitude.

signia.png

Hal Jordan
Part II

The sun was shining through Coast City, it was still heavily damaged after D-Day, you'd think after 20 years the government would have done something about it; but they hadn't, all the attempts at rebuilding the city had failed miserably. There was no lack of people though, the population had soared, but with it.. so had the crime. Hal walked through the crowd slowly with JC following behind, everybody knew who he was; he had been here for years, everyone knew what he had done for this city, for this world. Every now and then a tourist would ask for a signature, which Hal would reluctantly give, but his fame also made him a target.​

As Hal turnt the corner, a group of youths wearing leather jackets and with very strange outfits came at him, wielding chains and bats. Hal smiled slightly and turnt round, he was getting slightly fed up of them tailing him, it'd do good to show them a lesson.​

"Look.. I don't want any trouble, but if you've come looking for some.. you've come to the wrong man"

They chuckled slightly and stepped towards him, swinging their chains and gripping their bats, Hal sighed and looked down at his dog in a way and smiled. The six youths stepped towards him, Hal took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves, pushing his hair out of his eyes. One of the men ran towards him, swinging a bat at him and Hal casually caught it, hitting him in the face with it. He fell to the floor bleeding and Hal chuckled quietly under his breath. One down, five to go.​

Another swung his chain at him and Hal caught it, pulling the man closer to him and knocking him out with a single punch. Hal was out of breath, his joints hurt and his heart was pumping like hell, just like the old days. Two of the men through down their weapons and ran away, the remaining two scorned them and jumped towards the tired Hal, who was leaning against a trash can trying to get his breath back; JC leapt at the man and bit his arm vicously, the man kicked him away and Hal looked up, his face now red with anger.​

"Awh hell, why'd you go and have to do a thing like that?"

He ran towards the man, grabbing him by the scruff of his kneck and kneed him in the crotch. He fell to his knee's and Hal swiftly kicked him in the face, falling once again to the floor. Another of the men slowly creeped up behind him, with a broken bottle in hand, he was swiftly knocked to the floor by an elbow. Hal put his knee on the man's throat, lifted his fist and roared in the man's face angrily.​

"This is my city, you hear?! You come looking for trouble in Coast City, I'll happily accomadate you. You and your friends better fix your ways, because I sure as hell won't let you hurt the decent folk that live here."

The man nodded and Hal got up, picking up his jacket and wrapping it around JC, who he lifted up and put underneath his arm. They walked out of the alley and the men groaned and rolled around on the floor, they couldn't believe that they had been worked over by an old man; if only they had known it wasn't any old man.​

130604-green-lantern_400.jpg

Hal looked up at the sky and smiled, the sun was setting over Coast City, there was no finer sight in the world or out of it. He walked home and back into his apartment, he put JC down on the bed and he whimpered slightly as Hal walked away.​

"Don't worry, I'll be back in a second JC"

He walked into the kitchen to get his ring, but it was gone. He looked through all of the draws quickly, and fell to his knees and ran his hands across the floor, looking underneath the fridge. Where could it have gone? He began to sweat slightly, he heard a creak behind him and a vaguely familar man stood there with the ring upon his finger, he laid his hand on Hal's shoulder.​

"I wonder, could it be that you're searching for this little trinket, that I seem to have stumbled upon?"

The voice gave him away: Black Hand. Just when Hal thought his day couldn't get any worse.​

l_ad8baef327e00676b6e19b98ad74cd12.jpg

Gotham City was burning.

Or at least, were a skyview possible of the area, that's what it could've been mistaken for. The flames that came from the city's Warehouse district licked the very skies above Gotham, as two squad cars came screeching to a halt infront of the area. The officers that occupied them, Detective Gibbons and Officer Eisner, both stood speechless upon getting out of each car, as they surveyed the scene infront of them.

"Good Christ...", Gibbons uttered to himself, as Eisner displayed a similar expression, almost as if in agreement.

Above them hung at least fifteen battered and bruised men, unconcious, tied together from a crane. They all wore dark clothing, similar in design, signifying that they were members of a gang of some sort. There were so many gangs in Gotham these days, that it was hard to tell which they belonged to, but it was obvious to both officers that someone wanted them out of the picture, fast. Stepping forward, Gibbons stepped on an object, and looked down, seeing many discarded and unloaded weapons piled right under where the thugs hung. Officer Eisner grabbed his police radio from the carseat, and immediately spoke into it, never taking his eyes off of the inferno ahead.

"Dispatch, this is Eisner. We got a hell of a mess down here. You might wanna get ahold of the fire department, and fast.", Eisner hurriedly spoke, before placing the radio down and running forward, to meet Gibbons as he pulled a switch on the crane nearby.

Instantly, the tied thugs were slowly placed back down to the ground, as the officers approached them, unsure of what to do. They couldn't cuff the perps, obviously, as they were already bound. And they couldn't read any rights, considering none of them were concious. Gibbons looked back up at the crane, surveying just how high up they had been suspended.

"I'll be damned...", Gibbons whispered, as Eisner turned to him.

"What?"

"The way these punks were tied. They were meant to be knocked out. Whoever did it wanted the smoke from the fire to put them out before we arrived.", Gibbons stated, almost astonished at this fact.

"Why would anyone do that?", Eisner asked.

"Who knows? Maybe to kill 'em. Maybe to scare 'em. Or...", Gibbons pondered. "...To make it easy for us?"

"What, you think this was some act 'a heroism?", Eisner chuckled. "They assaulted the perps, strung them up like meat, and lit fire to the docks. And they're probably still out there."

"Yeah... Yeah, I know.", Gibbons responded. "But still. Kinda convineniant, you know?"

"Whatever.", Eisner responded, beginning to untie the perps. "I- Hey! What the hell?!"

"What?", Gibbons asked.

"Something dropped out of the rope.", Eisner responded, licking one of his fingers. "Damned sharp, too."

"Let me see that...", Gibbons stated, bending down to pick up the lone object.

And immediately, Gibbons turned pale, as Eisner looked down at him.

"What? What is it? Something one of these clowns smuggled."

"I... I don't think so...", Gibbons responded, before holding up the object.

Eisner blinked, once, not believing what he was looking at. For the object that Gibbons had picked up off of the ground was in a familiar shape. A strange shape, but one that any Gothamite would know, and should know.

"...No way...", Eisner breathed. "You don't think...?"

"Forget it, kid.", Gibbons protested, placing the object in his jacket pocket. "He's been gone for fifteen years. No way he'd come out of retirement now. It was probably just one of those Quizmasters that are running rampant across the East Coast. Probably just used this to play one of their sick assed games... there's no real way of tellin' how there minds work."

"Yeah. Yeah, maybe you're right...", Eisner stated. "But... if it is him, then-"

"Then The Mayor's not gonna be too happy about it. That's for sure."

"The Mayor? Try the President.", Eisner stated. "He's been tryin' to outlaw this kinda stuff for years, now."

"Hopefully it won't catch his attention.", Gibbons responded. "All we gotta worry about is Drake."

"And him.", Eisner mentioned.

"Would you get off that? I told you. There ain't no way he's come back after fifteen years..."

Gibbons rubbed the pocket of his jacket, feeling the cold steel of the Bat-like ensigment inside. The sign of Gotham's most legendary hero, who most believed to be dead.

"Just no way..."

Unknown to both officers, a shadow was watching them in the distance. But by the time they would look in that direction, it would be gone. Vanished, into the night. But his work would be complete, tonight. Because by the morning hours, Gotham City would have seen his message, and deduced it's meaning. By the morning hours, Gotham City wouldn't be burning anymore. It, and mostly it's criminals, would once again be fearing the night. And fearing's it's inhabitant...

rpgbs0.jpg

It's begun.

Yes, by morning, all of Gotham would once again be fearing The Batman.

robinlogolb5.gif

"Jason! Come on, kiddo. Rise and shine! Wakey wakey, hands off snakey."

I throw the covers up over my eyes and roll over.

"C'mon, dad. What time is it?"

"It's seven. Get up, I'll take you to school in the cruiser."

I manage to roll out of bed and get up. By the time I get downstairs, dad's done with breakfast....or what I think it breakfast.

"Alright, we got some scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast."

I scrap the burn parts off the toast and take a bite. I force a smile as I struggle to swallow the toast....Mom always made better breakfast.

"Yeah...ummm, good job, dad."

He rolls his eyes and puts his coat on.

"Let's go, get your bag."

It's raining pretty heavily this morning. Gotham weather, gotta love it.

"Let's turn on the radio, huh?"

I reach for the radio in the police car, dad's hand flys out of nowhere and cuts me off.

"NO!"

He's fast, but not fast enough. I click the radio on just as his hand jerks my hand away.

"New reports are flying in at sightings of somethng believed to be Ba-"

He quickly shuts off the radio and looks back at the road.

"Sorry, kiddo. But the radio is kind of on the fritz. I don't want it to be messed up anymore."

Dad slows the car down as he stops infront of the school.

"James Gordon High School. Couldn't have picked a better name. It's a shame his boy is a ********."

I grab my bag and open the door.

"Thanks for the ride dad. I'll see you tonight."

"Alright son, have a good day."

He drives off into the gloomy morning as I hurry inside.

Sometimes I feel bad for dad, he's had a rough couple of years. Johnny gets attacked by that weirdo named Deathstroke, to make matters worse, Johnny and I find out he's mom's dad and my grandad. Put on the face that Johnny's not even my brother. That's when mom and dad drug the skeleton's out the closet and finally told us their past.

It didn't end well. John ran off and mom left to go find her father. So, for the past few years it's just been dad and me. We get by, best that we can.

"Good morning, Jim Gordon High! Today's announcements are as follows."

I ignore the announcments and head straight for my algerbra class.

"Today's lunch, sloppy joe's, french fries, corn, and milk."

I slide into my desk near the back. Reggie grabs my shoulder as soon as I sit down.

"Jason! Have you heard?"

I arch my eyebrow as he pulls a copy of the Gazette out of his bookbag.

"He's back!"
The Dark Knight Returns
Cape-Cald Vigilante spotted preventing warehouse robbery

I spend all of algebra class reading and re-reading the article. By the time the bell rings for 2nd period, I know what I've got to do.

SUPERWOMAN

20 Years Ago:

237930_1165620534_submedium.jpg

The Fortress of Solitude. Kal-El's monument to a civilization lost. Even I am awestruck as I near the massive structure.

As soon as I enter, the booming voice of Jor-El greets me, "You are not my son, but you bear the Kryptonian symbol for hope. "

"I am Kara, daughter of Zor-El...your brother," I explain. I can feel my heart beating as I anxiously await a response.

"Zor-El? That is a name I have not heard in a long time," Jor-El replies. "Speak, my niece."

I step forward and annouce, "I am looking for Kal-El. I was hoping that you might know where he is."

Jor-El pauses. "I have not spoken with my son in quite some time. What has happened?"

"Kal-El feels responsible for the deaths of everyone who fell by Darkseid's hand," I explain. "He has lost someone close to him."

"I have warned my son before that human life is fragile. I have always feared that he has become too attached," Jor-El responds.

"Jor-El, if you know where he would go, you must tell me. I believe that I am the only person capable of finding him, but I don't know where to look," I plead.

"If my son wishes to be alone, he would not stay on this planet. Perhaps you may find him in the far reaches of space?" Jor-El suggests.

I nod. "That is what I had feared. Space is a large place, Jor-El. There's no guarantee that I will ever find him, no matter how long I search."

"Then you must act quickly. He could not have gotten far."

I turn to leave, now aware of what I must do.

"Kara Zor-El, be careful. Once you are no longer exposed to the radiation of this system's star, you will lose your Kryptonian abilities. Without them at your side, space can be a dangerous place to wander."

"I will be hasty and careful, Jor-El. I will not fail you or this planet," I assure him.

"Go, my niece. Find the Last Son of Krypton."

I nod and take off into the air. Once up there, I look down at Earth one last time.

supergirl.jpg

"I'll be back."

SUPERWOMAN

15 Years Ago:

I rocket past Saturn, gaining more speed as I go. I feel my strength growing as the sun's yellow rays illuminate the solar system.

Five years in space...wasted. I was unable to find Kal-El. I finally decided to head home. You can't find someone who doesn't want to be found. I'd rather devote my energy to protecting Earth.

I feel the heat as I re-enter the atmosphere. It's been far too long. I truly missed my second home. I circle a couple of times before coming in for a graceful landing.

I take a deep breath of the air here on Earth.

"You've been gone a pretty long time," I hear a familiar voice say. I turn and see the guy who's talking to me.

220px-Boomerang_mercer.jpg

"Boomer!" I shout as I wrap my arms around him.

"I saw the light in the sky, and somehow, I knew it was you. And here you are."

"I went looking for Superman," I explain.

"And?"

"And he's nowhere to be found."

"He'll be back. He's Earth's Mightiest Hero. He always comes back," Boomer replies with such an optimistic tone. I wish I could share his optimism. "But, on the bright side, at least the world still has Supergirl."

"Excuse me? It's been 5 years, Boomer. I'm 21 now. I think it's time I got promoted to Superwoman."

"Whatever you say," he responds. "But be warned. Not everyone is going to accept you with open arms."

"Why not?"

He looks at me and says, "Kara, you left us when we needed a hero most. The world was still reeling from Darkseid's attack. They had lost Superman. Naturally, they expected you to step up to the plate. But then you disappeared too."

"You forgive me, don't you?" I ask, unsure of what he's really feeling.

"You did what you thought you had to do. That's good enough for me," he explains. "It just would've been nice if you had said 'goodbye' first."

I lower my head. "I'm sorry. I was confused. All I wanted was to bring Superman back."

"Well, it's time to show the people what you're made of, Superwoman. Even if you have to win them back one-by-one, I have faith in you."

Some Months Later:

I feel my heartbeat racing. I've never been this nervous in my life. I'm floating outside Boomer's window.

"What is it, Kara? Couldn't it wait until morning?" Boomer asks as he opens the window. It's 3 AM.

"Boomer, we need to talk. Care to step outside?" I ask, extending my arm. He grabs my hands and I lift him up into the air - high above everything else. My cape billows in the night wind. "Boomer, I've faced a lot in my life, but nothing has me as nervous as a child."

"What?" Boomer asks, not quite getting the picture here.

"Boomer, I'm pregnant," I respond, finally saying the words which have been burning in my soul.

He says nothing. He's staring at me in disbelief. He opens his mouth to say something, but words fail to come out.

"I know, I know...this is huge. Bigger than both of us. But I really believe that we can do this. I think we're capable of raising a child," I assure him.

"Oh, I know...I completely believe that, too. But there's a difference between raising a child and raising a half-Kryptonian child. I mean, this takes baby-proofing a house to a whole different level."

"So, you really up for this? I don't want to tie you down by this. I'm strong enough to handle it on my own."

"No, I would never leave you alone...especially not when you're...well, pregnant," he says, finding it hard to say the word. Somehow, by saying it, it's almost as though you're admitting that this is real.

"You realize that this changes everything?"

"Well, not EVERYthing," he replies as he smiles at me. I wrap my arms around him and we embrace. "Can we get down now?"

freezebannerzk1.jpg

A high pitched squeal of drilling sounded throughout the prison. Cold hearted, calculated and curious, Victor’s other pursuit in life was becoming increasingly apparent.

“Don’t worry, you won’t feel a thing.”

“Oh Stop complaining, you know it doesn’t hurt, just let me do my work and I’ll leave you alone.”

The tip of the drill had burrowed it’s way through the ice, a direct access point for him to get to The Shade. A thin and wiry instrument worked it’s towards the subject, ripping a small piece of flesh and frozen blood out before retracting.

“Now that wasn’t so bad was it?”

Placing the sample into a small crystal vial, then racking it away with a selection of others.

“You want to know what I’m doing, do you?”

“Really? Well if you behave yourself then I might let you in on it, you are helping after all.”

Sealing the cell’s door again, Mr Fries retreated to his workshop at the centre of the complex. Inserting the latest vials into a selection of devices, scanning and breaking them down into raw information and base components, displaying a multitude of stats and figures across his computer screen.

“My my my, what do we have here…”

aquaman_logo.jpg

Garth is at his chambers, of the great palace, sitting down with his son Cerdian. 21 years old now, he is only 1 year older than Owen, and is practically like a brother.

"So what's eating you, pap?"

"It's Owen."

"Heh, sometimes I wonder if he's your son and I'm adopted. You worry too much about him. Let Orin pull all his hair out on his rebel of a kid."

"I need you to talk to him."

"What?"

Garth gets up from the table, and walks around, looking through the window all the while. He stops, turns, and walks back towards the table where Cerdian sits, and places his hands at the table as he leans.

"Cerdian, what would you do if you lost your mother?"

"Mourn for her, of course. I'm not quite following, dad."

"Owen he...don't you ever sometimes think he would've grown to be a little different if his mother was still alive?"

Cerdian smirks a bit.

"Course...he'd get lectures about hitting on too many girls from her as well."

"I'm serious, Cerdian. Look...just...talk to him, okay? I need you to do that for me; for Orin. Find out what's going on with him."

Cerdian sees his father's expression, and realizes that this is no joke. His smirk fades, and he nods his head.

"Sure dad."

Garth walks over to his son, pats him on the shoulder, and for a brief moment, Cerdian grabs his hand, and Garth squeezes it firmly. Cerdian than smirks, as Garth nods once more, and then exits the room.

On his way up the grande stairs to the throne room, Garth grows more nervous by the second. Each step he takes feels like more. He tells the guards to open the doors, and they obey of course. He enters the royal throne room, where Orin remains, facing the balcony view as he stands with one hand rested on the edge of his throne. The room is silent for a moment, until Garth finally gathers the courage to break it.

"I talked to Owen, Orin. He did exactly what I thought he would. Shut me out. Me...now he won't even talk to me about it. How could you have been so patient with his behavior for so long? How could you tolerate the fact that your own son shows you no honor nor respect?"

Orin's hand clenches tightly and firmly on the edge of his throne for a second, and then loosens as he slowly turns around. He looks at Garth for a brief moment, a man he's known since he was just a kid, and then takes a seat at his throne. Garth steps forward, closer and then just stops, waiting for his answer. Orin's eyes begin to water, and Garth reaches into his pocket to give him a hankerchief, but Orin nods his head "no" and wipes the tear himself.

"Sure, the lad has my strength and my courage...but he has Mera's nose...Mera's gentle yet firm touch...Mera's eyes. Ever since he was a baby, while he had my golden yellow hair, all who roamed the kingdom would stop and say, 'that's Mera's boy', or, 'the gods couldn't have blessed Orin and Mera better with any other child'. Those first few months I cherished, even though I never knew Mera's fate would come to follow. Everytime I look at Owen...I see Mera."

Garth steps forth closer again, but this time he kneels on one knee, taking Orin's hand and bows his head. Owen, passing by the window, stops and notices the two, and quickly ducks. He moves a vase to the side just enough to see and listen in.

"We've been friends for how long...30 years or so, old friend? And how many laughs did we share? The perfect amount. And how many enemies did we vanquish and defeat, hmm?"

"As many that needed to be. For the good of Atlantis."

"But how many cries fell from our eyes? How many times were we stricken with the worst pain imaginable? Too many times. Owen...when I look at him...and I think of Mera...it reminds me that despite all of this, all this pain and suffering, I see hope. He'll come around, Garth. You need not worry. He's his mother's son...he cannot hate me forever."

"Orin, he doesn't hate you. He just--"

A vase gets knocked over from the window, interrupting the two and Garth stands up. Orin looks around as well, and Garth walks over to the smashed vase. Garth then looks out the window, seeing nothing. He closes his drapes, without noticing Owen sitting beneath the window sill, his hands covering his face, as his tears shed away.

signia.png

Hal Jordan
Part III

Hal Jordan sighed slightly, and spun round punching Black Hand off his feet, he groaned and Jordan whistled and his dog came running out of the bedroom.

"You move and JC'll tear out your throat, aint that right boy?"

The german sheperd snarled, drool dripping from its exposed teeth. Hal pulled the ring off the man's right hand and put it in his pocket, he realised the last time he had seen him he was minus that hand, but alot could happen in twenty years. Twenty years ago, Hand had tried to steal Hal's ring, he didn't succeed then and it cost him his hand; made him pretty bitter, tried to get Jordan back a few times, failed miserably. It seemed that after two decades he thought now would be the time to exact his revenge, Hal put his foot on the man's chest and began to speak.

"You better start explaining yourself, because the old boy hasn't had a good meal for a while. I don't think I'll be able to hold him off for much longer.."

Hand whimpered as the dog moved closer to him, he started to stammer but every attempt he made to speak failed. The sweat visibly poured down his forehead as he finally managed to muster the courage to speak, Hal smiled, Hand's sense of granduer was laughable.

"Get that filthy canine away from me... I beg of you, I come in peace.. please!.."

"Heaven help you if you're lieing"

Hal helped him to his feet and got him a stool, he limped very slowly and it almost hurt Hal to watch it. Hand outstretched his right hand and Hal shook it warily, he never imagined that he would be sitting here reminiscing about old times with a foe that had several times tried to murder him and his loved ones. He seemed to have mellowed a bit in his old age though, he smiled and Hal gave him a beer; JC sat snarling still, reading to make dog-food out of him at his masters command, but Hal could tell the old guy wasn't lieing, he had been in the business long enough.

"I must apologize if I startled you before, I shouldn't have shown up uninvited.. but it has taken me so long to find you. I saw that ring of yours upon the table and wondered, I wondered what it felt like to put it on and soar across the stars.. you must feel like God"

"I guess you could say that.. it doesn't serve much purpose now though, I'm not a Green Lantern anymore, I quit.. years ago"

"But.. why? You were the best of them Hal.. I know I may have seemed a bit of a maniac before, but I truly did admire you. As you can see I got the 'John Henry Irons' special, got my hand back.. i'm starting to feel the age though.. I must admit, you still punch like you were in your prime though.."

"Oh yeah.. sorry about that.. I didn't mean to hurt you or anything, don't worry about the mutt either, he's a softie.. and I.. I didn't deserve to wear that ring after what I did.."

"But.. Luthor?!.. You can't agree with this, you should be out there.. Now Superman's gone, who else is there to lead these new heroes? It should be you"

Hal grimaced slightly, he knew it was true, but he couldn't even bring himself to put the ring on anymore. He wasn't sure whether it even worked, the last time he tried it almost cost him his life, but there was nothing that could make it put it back on. After D-Day everyone disappeared, the JLA crumbled; Superman flew off into space, Aquaman went back to Atlantis, Jonn and Diana disappeared and Bruce died. Without the JLA around the country descended into anarchy, Luthor was the only alternative, he banned all superhero activity and now the only ones allowed are government funded or the Green Lanterns. It made a mockery of everything the JLA, JSA, Teen Titans, Outsiders and every other team fought for, rumoured had it Luthor had rigged the election but there was no proof.

"I'm not a hero anymore Will, I'm just a man.. a normal man.. I can't save this world anymore than you can"

"All you have to do, is put that ring back on Jordan.. think about it.. please?"

"It's the only thing I've been thinking about for the last twenty years, I can't.. I'm... look.. I need to get some rest, give me a call sometime.."

William nodded, limping out of the apartment slowly, Hal watched as Hand got into his car and heard him wind down his window. He looked up at Hal and saluted him, Hal smiled slightly and saluted him back.

"Look around you Jordan, the country is in ruins.. are you going to sit back and let it rot? We need you.. we need Green Lantern"

Hal_Jordan_by_Ammotu.jpg

Hal sighed and closed his blinds, he walked back into his bedroom and JC followed him. He turnt on his bedside lamp, took the ring from out of his pocket and looked at it curiously. Was the world ready for Hal Jordan to return? Was Hal Jordan ready to return? The ramblings of that old wierdo had actually made him think about it, but he was set against it. Never again would he be the Green Lantern, never would he put that ring on his finger. He put it on his bedside table and laid down, JC jumped onto the bed and he sighed loudly, over the past twenty years his life had slowly eroded away from beneath him. He hadnt' seen Carol for years, the love of his life and he didn't even have the courage to speak to her.. He hadn't seen Ollie either, the one man that stuck beside him through everything, he was pretty sure Ollie was still around though. It would take alot more than old age to kill him, maybe Dinah would have by now, he never understood how she could put up with him sleeping around. Perhaps it was time Hal Jordan stopped hiding, perhaps it was time he started living his life again.

"Crazy old fool.. probably senile.."

(IC: Oracle)

5 Years Ago
Africa

The rain was causing me to lose focus. I couldn’t see anything. Out of all the days for Africa to have a downpour, it had to be the day the Secret Society of Supervillains were attacking a nuclear power plant. Me, James Flint, protecting a power plant. I am never going to get used to this.

Ever since the Darkseid attacks, these kinds of plants were popping up more and more. Most thought it was to aid in the rebuilding of damaged cities; some knew better. They were really being built to power factories that would build weapons to take down threats such as Darkseid. I guess the Society didn’t like that.

I see Dr. Light fly across Misfit and Gypsy. Within seconds, they are nothing more than piles of ash. This new Dr. Light had limitless power. I saw him take on the likes of Superman. His powers were far different than his predecessor. He didn’t need any aid in producing energy. It came from within him. He swoops down below me, not otcing me as he fires several energy blasts at a small collection of people. With the wave of my hand, I trap him in a forcefield.

“Hey, Light, why don’t we take a break?” I tease. Heroes these days are so tight. I find saying a few corny quips really helps me calm down. It may sound funny, but it doesn’t let me take things too seriously. That was a problem my mom always had.

Behind me, Gypsy emerges from her illusion field as Misfit teleports Light away. By tricking the opponent, they get a sudden burst of confidence and therefore aren’t as efficient as they were before. The best way to this? Play dead.

“STOP HIM! DON’T LET HIM INTO THE PLANT!”

Everyone turns around to see the Human Bomb racing into plant. Immediately, the Society starts causing a distraction. The Shade and Black Alice used their powers to slaughter Gypsy and Misfit; this time for real. Cain shot two other heroes before focusing his sniper on me. I warp the air around his gun to crush it before racing after the Human Bomb. He can’t do this…the reality of the situation never seemed this real before. I knew something more was going on here, but I just never imagined things would come to this.

The air inside the power plant is scorching hot. I knew this, from old JLA logs I hacked into, meant that the Bomb was activating his powers. I frantically look around. I had no idea where he was. Spreading my arms, I turn the walls around me translucent. I needed to see him to affect him. That’s how my powers worked. By the time I could see his blinding florescent orange costume, it was too late. The reactor room was filled with a cloud of fire.

Later

The thick smell of smoke fills my nostrils. What happened? Where was I? I get up and look around frantically. What was going on? The answer was right in front of me. The plant was gone; totally evaporated from existence. There was only a field of nothingness in front of me and that nothingness spread for miles. The Society had succeeded with their mission. Shade and the others were mere distractions so the Human Bomb could explode. It was a suicide mission from the start. Why? Why did they do it? Why was I still alive? Questions were racing through my mind and I had absolutely no answers.

“Wow. I’d never imagine you’d survive something like that. I guess those little powers of yours saved you or something,”

I look up from the hazy battlefield to see the Human Bomb. Immediately, I ask myself why he isn’t succumbing to the effects of radiation poisoning. He must have read my mind.

“Don’t worry about the radiation. I, myself, am shielded from the effects. Comes naturally to me. It appears you aren’t affected either. I can sense it, the radiation, within people. It isn’t in within you. Funny how nothing seems to affect little James,”

“How do you-“

“Know your name? You never really had much of an identity. What was your metaname anyway? I can’t even remember. Oh well….”

“Why…why did you do this?”

“Why? Please! It should be obvious. We did this to show the government that we can’t be stopped…that Darkseid wasn’t the last of their worries. They think they have the power. They don’t. The powerful have the power and they are certainly not the powerful,”

“I don’t understand-“

“Oh look!” he says playfully, grabbing my hair and looking me in the eye. He turns me around so I can see the approaching troop. “Here comes the army with their radiation tech. It looks as if our little conversation has reached its end. They are here for you, little James,” He let go of my hair and pushed me to the ground. Then, with a joyful laugh, he jammed his boot into my stomach. My eyes start to grow fussy as I slink into another dark sleep.

Now

That was five years ago. Right after that, I was taken into custody by the American army. They blamed me for the explosion. I tried to tell them about the society but they didn’t believe me. They said there was no evidence. I told them about the Human Bomb and how he talked to me. I was accused of being a liar. No one was to blame but myself, apparently. I had lost control of my powers and caused the reactor to overheat resulting in an explosion. It was my fault. Their answer for my survival? Supposedly, I created a shield around my body during the blast. It protected me from the initial damage and the radiation. They didn’t even care if I didn’t do it. They wanted and open shut case. I was then arrested and set to be executed.

I spent exactly five days and seven minutes in the prison. On the fifth day, a group of renegade metahumans destroyed the jail and freed all the prisoners. They were going to leave me there. They too believed I was the cause of the explosion. At that point, I even believed it. Day after day, ideas like that were drilled into my head. I was so worked up, I could see myself doing the evil deed every night as I slept. The guards said that my powers were even too strong for their inhibitors. They told me they would check up on me to find the inhibitors destroyed and on the floor. My execution was moved up. I was in the gas chamber when they jail was destroyed. It was the Huntress who convinced the other heroes to let me go. She said she had orders from a woman named Oracle to free me. I like to think that if Oracle didn’t tell her anything, she would have still freed me. I doubt it.

I fled the scene and moved to Gotham. I was scared and tried to hide in a place known for hiding. I figured I could escape my past…forget about the accident…forget about my other persona. That was a naïve thought. I only found myself in the center of superhero life.

There was a new vigilante every week it seemed, but then the next week there would be one less. As they gained in number, they always seemed to lose one. I couldn’t keep seeing people who were just trying to help die. My mind traveled back to two years ago, when the Huntress saved me from execution. A person named Oracle told her to free me. She wasn’t in the field risking her life but she was still playing a role in helping the heroes. I decided that I couldn’t just give up super heroics. The next day, I set up shop in my apartment. I would help heroes the same way Oracle did. I could help prevent people from making the same mistake I did. I could help them. I became the new Oracle.

20 Years ago

President Luthor sits at the head of a large table as other world leaders continue to argue over the aftermath of what has been refered to as the Darkseid war.

He begins to chuckle as Prime Minister Adams looks at him and says, "Is there something you find humorous here Mr. President? I am sure we would all appriciate a good laugh after the devistation we have just experienced."

Luthor says, "Ladies and Gentlemen I think we all know what needs to be done, however I just think you all are too afraid to say it. I on the other hand am not."

Adams says, "Explain."

Luthor says, "We all know that had it not been for the presence of these so called heroes, many of these villians would have never even been a blip on the radar. We also know that Darkseid has had an on-going fued with Superman for years. What I am suggesting is the following."

He throws out a several folders with the letters A.V.A stamped on the front of it.

He says, "It's called the anti-vigilante alliance. We each one bring something unique to this cause. Working alone we could erradicate this issue in say 30 years. However combining our resources we could bring an end to this menace and lawlessness within a decade. Super-prisions, task-forces using weapons that they haven't seen yet."

Each member begins nodding as they read and Adams says, "It seems as though you have been preparing this for sometime Mr. President, and it also seems very plausible in theory. But what if a world-wide disaster arises again?"

Luthor says, "In theory, but in working together theory can become law and all of us together we can make this happen. Working together we can see to it that our planet is safe and once again WE have the control, not those costumed freaks. We can make our planet safe once again for one and all.

Everyone begins to nod...and Luthor smiles.

aquaman_logo.jpg

Owen walks down one of the many hallways in the palace, and Cerdian happens to spot him as he does. He calls out to Owen, but Owen acts as if Cerdian was a ghost. He continues to ignore him until Cerdian sprints forth, grabbing Owen by the arm.

"Owen, why didn't you look back or answer when I called?"

"He thinks I hate him. He--"

"Who does?"

"My father."

The two continue to slowly walk down the hall and Cerdian sighs a bit as he places his hands within his pockets. He looks over at Owen, who just looks down at his feet as he walks.

"He doesn't think you hate him, Owen."

"Yes he does. I know he does. I--"

"Well, you cannot really blame him, can you?"

Owen stops, and looks over at Cerdian finally, and Cerdian stops as well. He turns, crosses his arms, and raises his eyebrow.

"Come on, man. You completely negate his very presence. You do to him, what you are starting to do to everyone it seems."

"So your dad talked to you, eh?"

"Yea...he did. And I'm not going to lie to you, or try to be discreet about it like I know he wants me to do, but...he's worried about you man. We all are."

"I can take care of myself."

Owen starts to walk away, and again Cerdian sighs. But he doesn't give up just yet. Before Owen is able to make a turn at the end of the hallway, again he calls out to him.

"So you want to go it alone, huh? You really won't tell me what's eating you, will you? Not even if I swore to you I wouldn't tell me father."

Owen stops and turns his head to the side.

"Nope."

And he turns into the next hallway. As he walks down this hallway, he finds it more crowded. Not crowded by common folk, or servants, or anything of that type...but crowded with guards. Down this hallway leads to the great Archives, where most importantly of all, the forbidden text is held. Within that great room, lies the Atlantean Chronicles.

Once a legacy, that was passed down from generation to generation, friend to friend, ally to ally, as long as they were dependable...now has been cut off. Just a few months after the construction of the great magical outer dome was when King Orin had the last chronicler hand over the pen and paper. It was then, that the history of the Atlantean people was locked away, never to be read or written again. Just like the great construction of the dome, however...the Atlantean Chronicles were hereby forbidden just months after his mother's death.

But that hasn't stopped Owen. No. A few days ago was the first time the great books and chapters of the Atlantean chronicles were opened. It was also the first time Owen found himself stricken with true pain. After glancing a chapter, foretelling a tale about a hero visiting a woman from another world, and falling in love, did Owen's first tear shed. Before Vulko's death, he and Garth would tell stories as a child to entertain Owen.

Little did he know, these stories were actually events that took place in reality, just about 30 or so years ago when they were much younger. Owen recognized the chapter in the chronicles that he read, because it was the first time his father and mother met. There was even an illustration provided on the last page, of a beautiful, oranged haired woman, with green eyes, having herself wrapped around a strong, handsome, blonde haired man's arms. The description depicted that it was a picture taken many years later, showing how long their love lasted.

The image would never leave Owen's mind. He never saw his mother before...only as a baby before she died. But his mind was weak, and his eyes weary. He could not clearly picture her. So today he knew what he had to do. While he had not planned to, he found himself in this hall. The Atlanteans have never been true believers of any one type of faith...but that doesn't mean they do not believe in the gods or fate itself. Owen feels compelled to go back into the archives and re-read that chapter...just so he can see his mother again. He wishes he could forever look at that picture, never having to let it go.

AquamanCv33.jpg

SUPERMAN: ISOLATION.

Krypton’s System, out skirts of Krypton.

Here I am, Where it began, I circled round the earth’s yellow sun for about a week just to get here for some stability, I already feel slightly weak.

I keep my distance away from the Kryptonite, All that was left of my birth place, Though it was my birth-place.

I am the Last son of Krypton.

Though that’s not true, there is Christopher god how I’ve missed him. Ma raised him right she would’ve, It was a shame about Pa. I should’ve gone to the funereal.

Kal-El thought to himself, It was close to his yearly visit to Earth soon. The 20th anniversary of D-Day.

He would only talk to his parents and go to Metropolis to pay his respects to his deceased wife.

Then spend time at the Fortress to catch up on the news of the past year, He regretted leaving the planet it had all gone to hell with Luthor as president.

Luthor!

The name made him sick, They were friends once him and Clark.

But no one had seen Clark Kent in over 20 years; Clark Kent was as good as dead.
Last person to talk to him was Perry White, Kara his kryptonian cousin tried looking for him but she didn’t succeed.

Clark then noticed a Kryptonian fragment, It wasn’t Kryptonite it was white and clear like glass.

Then Clark saw it, the symbol of hope, the symbol he wore on his chest, the symbol that saved thousands of lives, the symbol that inspired an entire generation.

The Symbol that failed!

Kal-El thought to himself, 20 years ago he would think of himself as Clark, Now it was Kal-El.

He looked at the remains of his planet.

“Good bye Mother, Father, I will see you soon.”

Clark said before flying away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"