BvS The Death of Superman? Yay or nay? :(

It would have probably been better had this thread come with a poll as well.lol

Bah, who knows what'll happen when the film comes out? Well, by the time this film comes out, people will truly know on whether Snyder was really the best thing to happen to Superman or the worst thing so far.

You could see it in Snyder's eyes, on his musk, his soul, he couldn't wait to get his hands on Batman. He kills Superman within the first 30 minutes and we have ourselves a CHARADE type of film with Bruce and Diana. Lovely.

Bah, who knows what'll happen when the film comes out? Well, by the time this film comes out, people will truly know on whether Snyder was really the best thing to happen to Superman or the worst thing so far.
Not just the worst thing for Superman but for the JL as a whole. I am really looking forward to the evolving relationship between superman and Batman. That should be the main relationship. They are so opposite that is creates some interesting conflict and a chance to shine a light on both sides, demonstrating the need for both. If they decide to eliminate superman and turn it into the Batman show then it's a missed opportunity that will weaken its potential.

It is just way too early. I am not saying never do the Doomsday storyline, but work up to it. As much as I love Rises, I do get some consternation that Bane broke an older Bats' back after we only saw him in his prime in the previous film. And that was after two great movies. Superman at this point is still that weird alien that blew up Metropolis, so it won't have the same impact on anyone save for Lois if he dies.

I have a sinking feeling this rumor is true. And if it is, I really do bet that it will end up like when they shoehorned the death of Gwen Stacy into the end of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It also was an iconic comic book moment that just kind of played flatly and arbitrary on the big screen.

I actually think the Death of Gwen Stacy is one of the few things ASM2 did well. I heard an audible gasp in the audience. It just wasn't well integrated into the narrative to have something other than a brief moment of shock in a 2 hour film.

tumblr_inline_ncf3gpHedm1ruwzby.gif

Because his death event was so big and important in comics history?

The only reason why his death was considered an "event" and so big/important in comics history was because Superman was well established to both readers and the fictional characters of the DC Universe.

He was loved and adored, for the most part, by the readers and characters within his world so when he kicked the bucket, it made an impact.

The impact wouldn't be near the same if he were to die at the end of this film.

I'm probably going to go with the notion that there's a chance that Superman may be presumed dead by some unknown event, possibly involving Batman, midway in the film, which is why only Bruce shows up to the SV Cemetery as a result of his guilt.

And that after the new threat emerges, Superman comes back to fight alongside Batman and Wonder Woman, which leads into the JL film. I mean if Wonder Woman had become allies with both Batman and Superman near the end, then it would make sense for Wonder Woman to show up at Clark's funeral in SV, but Gal was not spotted there at all

Now if Snyder is stupid enough to kill Superman at the very end of this film and allow the JL to be formed without him, then that doesn't bode well for the DCEU while it remains in his control.

He'd be a liar, a hypocrite, and a idiot for having gone about it that way.

So we'll have to wait and see.

You could see it in Snyder's eyes, on his musk, his soul, he couldn't wait to get his hands on Batman. He kills Superman within the first 30 minutes and we have ourselves a CHARADE type of film with Bruce and Diana. Lovely.

Staring into synder's eyes eh, sound like you've found your next crush:ilv:

30 min is too long for my taste, especially if I have to stare at Henry's receding hairline during all that time :o.
I'd like to see superman die in the opening credits and then have a 'friends with benefits' type of movie with batman and wonderwoman only to discover the big twist at the end that Batman only got close to wondy because he wanted to get even closer with Steve Trevor because he reminds Bruce of robin!! :shock

There's a good chance doing this storyline will have the same negative effect as it did in the comics too, where the consequence and effect of death is lessened.

I'm not worried about permadeath in a comic book movie :D

Unless it's a female love interest ;)

The only reason why his death was considered an "event" and so big/important in comics history was because Superman was well established to both readers and the fictional characters of the DC Universe.

He was loved and adored, for the most part, by the readers and characters within his world so when he kicked the bucket, it made an impact.

The impact wouldn't be near the same if he were to die at the end of this film.

I'm probably going to go with the notion that there's a chance that Superman may be presumed dead by some unknown event, possibly involving Batman, midway in the film, which is why only Bruce shows up to the SV Cemetery as a result of his guilt.

And that after the new threat emerges, Superman comes back to fight alongside Batman and Wonder Woman, which leads into the JL film. I mean if Wonder Woman had become allies with both Batman and Superman near the end, then it would make sense for Wonder Woman to show up at Clark's funeral in SV, but Gal was not spotted there at all

Now if Snyder is stupid enough to kill Superman at the very end of this film and allow the JL to be formed without him, then that doesn't bode well for the DCEU while it remains in his control.

He'd be a liar, a hypocrite, and a idiot for having gone about it that way.

So we'll have to wait and see.

CV3rl8F.gif

Undecided !

If his death is done in a really moving and well thought-out way AND
If his return from the grave is incredibly triumphant and badass then I'm in favour of it.

I suppose that it all comes down to how it's handled.

:super:

What if the scene
with people leaving flowers at the broken statue
is the aftermath of Superman stopping Metallo, where he ends up in bad shape in the hospital? Not dead just unconscious or in a coma or something?

What if the scene
with people leaving flowers at the broken statue
is the aftermath of Superman stopping Metallo, where he ends up in bad shape in the hospital? Not dead just unconscious or in a coma or something?
repeat of SR scene???
they might as well do the cut and paste. save the filming.

I think its too soon for a DOS storyline.However Supetman dying doesnt mean he will be be absent to form JL.He could ressurect just in time to form JL,heck he cld ressurect and BE the one with the idea to create the Justice League

Death of Superman. Shared universe. Second movie.

Nhq2R.gif

I actually think the Death of Gwen Stacy is one of the few things ASM2 did well. I heard an audible gasp in the audience. It just wasn't well integrated into the narrative to have something other than a brief moment of shock in a 2 hour film.

Exactly. It is shocking and sad because Emma Stone was the best thing about those films. However, it is random and pointless in the film. It serves no purpose and leaves little impression that story, which is why it failed at adapting an iconic moment. Instead, it was just random and empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"