BvS The Lexosuit, Yay or Nay?

Not a chance, from the abilities shown on the MoS superman, there is no suit capable of just being fried or smashed in miliseconds. Lex needs to be manipulative, not physical.

I want to see it, just not sure I want to see it in this movie.

IMO it diminishes the juxtaposition of Luthor against Superman. I agree his genius is what makes him a great arch nemesis, but him navigating around Superman's powers is more interesting than him trying to match his powers in a suit of armour. The beauty is with Superman and Luthor it's a mental battle, Luthor can push Superman without breaking a sweat and Superman can't do a damn thing about it, at least from a physical perspective. Their battle should be a game of chess, not an arena battle.
This.

Which is exactly what happened with Batman and Joker in TDK. Despite his strength and gadgets, batman was losing during the entire movie.

Luthor's whole thing is that his conflict with Superman is executed with intellect rather than strength. That's why he is his main enemy even though guys like Darkseid and Brainiac are technically larger threats.

I would prefer them to give focus to Lex's brilliant mind and not his machines. The "physical" enemy for the action scenes can be Parasite or Metallo or whoever. But Lex Luthor needs to be a cerebral foe.

Luthor's whole thing is that his conflict with Superman is executed with intellect rather than strength. That's why he is his main enemy even though guys like Darkseid and Brainiac are technically larger threats.

I would prefer them to give focus to Lex's brilliant mind and not his machines. The "physical" enemy for the action scenes can be Parasite or Metallo or whoever. But Lex Luthor needs to be a cerebral foe.

This.

Which is exactly what happened with Batman and Joker in TDK. Despite his strength and gadgets, batman was losing during the entire movie.

Not a chance, from the abilities shown on the MoS superman, there is no suit capable of just being fried or smashed in miliseconds. Lex needs to be manipulative, not physical.

I agree with all of these.

I never liked how the head was always exposed... Not very logical and I don't think it'd translate well.

I just read Forever Evil #7.

Luthor and a bunch of supervillains save the world from the evil JL from another universe. In the end he fights his alternate self (who btw hilariously has long hair and a beard), who considers himself a "hero", and who tries to be the most powerful man in the world by killing metahumans and absorbing their power. Lex pulls a batman on him (as in brain over brawn) and defeats him. He tried to use his suit's powers multiple times throughout his battle with Ultraman and his alternate self, but at the end of the day, it all came down to brain.

That was pretty awesome. So at the end of the day i only want Lex in a suit in a situation where the whole world has gone down the crapper and he needs to stay alive. But not willfully putting it on to go on a fistfight with Superman.

I can see this Lex seeking out any remaining dead kryptonians to get hold of their armor and retro-engineer it for himself. Might as well. I doubt if it'll be spray-painted green & purple, but anyway..

I want a battle suit eventually but not in this film. Maybe we'll see him drawing up plans for it and we'll get pictures/designs of it on his desk or something.

I'd rather they pull an all star superman and have lex create some chemical that gives him temporary powers. Not in this movie though, that would need to be done in a solo superman film IMO.

I'm surprised the nays still have this. I voted no myself, but I often read posts where posters claim to want the battle suit. Wonder where they're all at?

There are plenty of other villains to pull into this movie for a physical threat. Please no battle suit.

I wouldn't mind a nod to it in passing, but having Lex actually suit up to go toe-to-toe with Superman? No thanks.

A desperate Lex in a powersuit for an iconic scene, only to get demolished from a single blow :hehe:

BvDUGvnCMAA7Fut.jpg:large

what did you think of this lex suit?

Not against the suit, but... Not chomping at the bit to see it either. I mean, I'd say things have gone pear shaped for Lex's plan if he feels the need to bust out something like that.

He could replicate whatever he wants, but unless there's a Superman-weakening agent like kryptonite or (ugh) red sun radiation, he's still just a human being.

Superman would pick him up and shake him like a ragdoll until he's unconscious inside. Lex wouldn't even see him coming.

So imo if you want Lexsuit, you want Kryptonite (or some such).

I prefer my Lex metal suit-less...

i don't know about Lex himself being in an Lexosuit, but perhaps create an army of robots with similar features to the comics Lexosuit

then again, this would seem too similar to the first two Iron Man movies

I love the battlesuit. As much as Lex is meant to be more of a cerebral threat, I get tired of him relying on other supervillains. I'd like for him to go through a full arc of being a heartless businessman, developing an envy and loathing of Superman, becoming president, getting cancer from kryptonite and having nothing left to live for beyond destroying Supes, dawning the battlesuit and fighting his nemesis in a final face-off.

Yes. It's about time we had a physical fight between Luthor and Superman.

Nay. I always think that Lex shouldn't be a physical foe. Mental, emotional, psychological foe, yes. Superman has tons of physical foes. Lex is everything else.

I had posted this a few months back - it's not great, but gives you an idea...

LexSuit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"