BvS The Death of Superman? Yay or nay? :(

And we also don't know when this happens in the movie. Some Superman fans are paranoid as hell. Lawd.

Given on how Superman doesn't have the best track record of being portrayed in a good light when present alongside Batman in other medium, can you really blame us for being paranoid here?

And if the Doomsday rumors are true, regarding him being used as the final physical villain, then that only adds to the possibility that Clark dies in the final battle and hence everyone mourning for him. So while the public mourns for Superman, only those who knew him would mourn for Clark.

And it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume that Perry may have learned about Clark's secret at the end.

Diana was also not spotted there.

Wouldn't she be at Superman's funeral? Bruce seems to know who Superman is by this point right?

She might have returned to Paradise Island at this point.

Given on how Superman doesn't have the best track record of being portrayed in a good light when present alongside Batman in other medium, can you really blame us for being paranoid here?

And if the Doomsday rumors are true, regarding him being used as the final physical villain, then that only adds to the possibility that Clark dies in the final battle and hence everyone mourning for him. So while the public mourns for Superman, only those who knew him would mourn for Clark.

And it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume that Perry may have learned about Clark's secret at the end.

She might have returned to Paradise Island at this point.

Nah, she could catch a flight to paradise island at anytime. :cwink:

Why wouldn't she be there for Superman?

This could also be a flip to the Dark Knight Returns ending.

Bruce realizing Clark is alive at the end.

Nah, she could catch a flight to paradise island at anytime. :cwink:

Why wouldn't she be there for Superman?

Well Alfred isn't also there as well, which is somewhat of a mystery considering on how even he realizes that Superman isn't an enemy to Batman/Bruce.

A part of me really hopes that this isn't the "End" of the film and that it's only ruse, where Superman had to fake his death and not let his loved ones and allies know about it. But who knows at this point?

Point being though, it's best to keep expectations as low as possible since you'll only make way for bigger disappointment if it turns out otherwise.

The only thing I could think of, and this would be an intersting twist, is that Superman "dies" during his battle with Batman. Superman is infected with kryptonite so hes already weakened and Batman unintentionally kills him or thinks he kills him. This could also be a manipulation from Lex.

Superman "dies" in the middle,of the movie, they have the funeral scene in which Bruce shows up because he feels guilty and feels responsible for his death unbeknowsnt to Lois, Perry, and Ma Kent.

The real threat of the movie emerges and Batman and WW go against the threat without Superman and are losing badly. Superman re-emerges in the third act to unite with the trinity and defeat the final threat.

I like the idea of him faking his death, TDKR style. Maybe Clark is done with being Superman for some reason, and decides to kill off both personas.

The only thing I could think of, and this would be an intersting twist, is that Superman "dies" during his battle with Batman. Superman is infected with kryptonite so hes already weakened and Batman unintentionally kills him or thinks he kills him. This could also be a manipulation from Lex.

Superman "dies" in the middle,of the movie, they have the funeral scene in which Bruce shows up because he feels guilty and feels responsible for his death unbeknowsnt to Lois, Perry, and Ma Kent.

The real threat of the movie emerges and Batman and WW go against the threat without Superman and are losing badly. Superman re-emerges in the third act to unite with the trinity and defeat the final threat.

I would LOVE it if that happened. I'd rather have Clark die in the middle of the film and have him come back in the third act of this film than for him to miss out on screen time and character interactions in JL.

I would LOVE it if that happened. I'd rather have Clark die in the middle of the film and have him come back in the third act of this film than for him to miss out on screen time and character interactions in JL.

Nope.

He won't interact with the rest of the Jl until part 2. Batman is the leader of the JL and he will do the recruiting with WW help.

I like the idea of him faking his death, TDKR style. Maybe Clark is done with being Superman for some reason, and decides to kill off both personas.

Clark decides to follow his passion and become Musicman!!!

Nope.

He won't interact with the rest of the Jl until part 2. Batman is the leader of the JL and he will do the recruiting with WW help.

bFNlzXQ.gif

Superman not being part of JL would suck bigtime. I rather Batman be the paranoid one who isn't into recruiting & likes to work alone. Let Superman & WW bring the gang together & convince loner Batman to be part of the team

In which case the creator of this will feel entirely ripped off. :o

Superman not being part of JL would suck bigtime. I rather Batman be the paranoid one who isn't into recruiting & likes to work alone. Let Superman & WW bring the gang together & convince loner Batman to be part of the team

Well I don't think Snyder will really care. The dude has never cared about criticisms or what other people think.

I definitely share herolee's opinion, however I'm in for the ride with Snyder anyway.

After the cratered Metropolis and neck*snap I think Doomsday/Death of Superman might be how he best thinks to sway opinion back. He has also gone on record with Cavill saying Death of Superman is their fav Superman story arc.

Killing Superman at the end of this film automatically means that he won't have a important part to play in the actual formation of the Justice League. So i don't see why people are okay with the idea of Superman being killed off.

Being inspired by Superman's death, resulting in Batman and Wonder Woman forming the league without him doesn't mean that Superman was responsible for the actual formation of the league.

That's why it puzzles me on how some are so okay with Superman dying here when it'll hurt his involvement in the DCEU in the long run.

I don't see the big deal honestly.

Well with all due respect, I wouldn't expect any Batman fans to understand this predicament since Batman has EVERYTHING to gain from this film, whereas Superman has A LOT to lose in the long run.

If Superman dies, that leaves the recruitment and formation of the JL in the hands of Batman primarily, possibly with the assistance of Wonder Woman.

Yeah, so it's not really a big deal then that Superman, the guy who's had a long record of being ACTIVELY involved in the formation of the JL, will most likely be absent from the important process because he was temporarily dead.

And this isn't directed towards you, but to a few unnamed others, I don't give a flying crap about whether they think I'm being a diva about this because there have been several posters who have done MUCH WORSE than me when it has come to expressing their distaste and disappointment in the poor treatment of their favorite fictional characters.

So I'm not going to apologize to anyone simply because I'm just stating my God given right to express my disappointment in the way Snyder handled Superman.

I could accept it if the idea was that the loss of Superman means so much it takes an entire group of the other heroes just to make up for him being gone.

Well with all due respect, I wouldn't expect any Batman fans to understand this predicament since Batman has EVERYTHING to gain from this film, whereas Superman has A LOT to lose in the long run.

If Superman dies, that leaves the recruitment and formation of the JL in the hands of Batman primarily, possibly with the assistance of Wonder Woman.

Yeah, so it's not really a big deal then that Superman, the guy who's had a long record of being ACTIVELY involved in the formation of the JL, will most likely be absent from the important process because he was temporarily dead.

And this isn't directed towards you, but to a few unnamed others, I don't give a flying crap about whether they think I'm being a diva about this because there have been several posters who have done MUCH WORSE than me when it has come to expressing their distaste and disappointment in the poor treatment of their favorite fictional characters.

So I'm not going to apologize to anyone simply because I'm just stating my God given right to express my disappointment in the way Snyder handled Superman.

Im with ya bro. But I'm going to choose to have faith in Snyder that he has a trick up his sleeve and the set pics arent what they seem.

Im with ya bro. But I'm going to choose to have faith in Snyder that he has a trick up his sleeve and the set pics arent what they seem.

If only I had that faith as well.lol

I really want to hope that Snyder isn't that foolish to end the film, in a critical point within the events of the DCEU, with Superman being dead.

But I don't want to build up my expectations to believe that he'll do what's best for Superman and then later see him go exactly with these stupid plans.

A lot of posters here had a field day when we started getting the negative reviews for "Man of Steel", especially when the Rotten Tomatoes score kept going down and down because the trailers for the film made us all think that this was going to be something special for most people.

Hey, Superman is my third favorite character.

Well, after seeing how the character was used in MOS, I have no real attachment to this Superman...So if they decide to kill him off because they want to continue the whole "He Jesus!" thing, then, I don't really care. Besides, I think it would be cool to see Batman and the Justice League scrambling to bring him back.

Hey, Superman is my third favorite character.

Well, after seeing how the character was used in MOS, I have no real attachment to this Superman...So if they decide to kill him off because they want to continue the whole "He Jesus!" thing, then, I don't really care. Besides, I think it would be cool to see Batman and the Justice League scrambling to bring him back.

Yeah, well he's my first.lol

And granted, while the setup from MOS was divisive at best, I still want him to be a part of the active process in setting up the league and I have no desire in seeing Batman run the entire show.

As it should be.

Move along, boy.

tumblr_mhcal3ND3F1qbbbxqo1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back