BvS The Death of Superman? Yay or nay? :(

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
So, we still got 8 months to go so... might as well do some wild speculation. So apparently there are set photos of Bruce, Martha, Lois and Perry at a cemetery in Smallville. I haven't seen these photos but if true this seems pretty damn worrying that our Blue Boy will bite it at the end of this film.

Personally, that would completely kill the movie for me and kill my anticipation for JL. I think it'd be a horrible story direction choice for a character that we are just beginning to know intimately, not to mention it will drive lots of people away that already thought MoS was a dark, depressing film. It'd just be a real downer note to end on. I want to see the beginning of the Justice League at the end of this movie and not the death of its central member before they even come together.

What do you guys think? Is it all a red herring? Will there be more than meets the eye? Would Snyder really be ballsy enough to kill off Superman in the second film?

There's no actual set pics of Henry, Amy, Lawrence and Diane other than the Affleck pic we've seen in the cemetery.

There was a person who spotted Amy and Lawrence arriving on set. That's how we know they were there.

https://twitter.com/HenryCavillOrg/status/529433545371303936

Spotted on the Illinois #BatmanvSuperman set today: Zack Snyder, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne and Amy Adams (via @stephsaunders5)

141103-affleck.jpg

141103-cemetery1.jpg

Last edited:
Leaked picture of the tombstone from BvS set pics! (Not really though)

image.php

:funny: Oh you guys.

But seriously. That is a LITTLE comforting, Fallen Angel but still you can't help but wonder if we are to take that person on twitter's word for it. Also, wasn't George Miller's JL movie centered on Superman's demise? Maybe they're resurrecting that script concept.

At least not in this movie or in Justice League, or in the next solo-Superman film. They need to give it time. You don't want to get to the Doomsday/death of Superman arc before telling a few good Superman stories first, not to mention, establishing himself as a hero first. They shouldn't start out with the most extreme villians yet, and then jump straight into Luthor, Metallo or Bizarro. The alien world invasion should have been preserved for Justice League or a third Superman movie.

But seriously. That is a LITTLE comforting, Fallen Angel but still you can't help but wonder if we are to take that person on twitter's word for it. Also, wasn't George Miller's JL movie centered on Superman's demise? Maybe they're resurrecting that script concept.

No I actually believe her she took a picture with Zack Snyder and there was pics of Amy and Lawrence (he was smoking on set) near the cemetery. I'm just having a hard time locating those pics as the other thread got deleted.

This was in Plano aka Smallville.

@HenryCavillOrg just met Zack Snyder @BatmanvSuperman

B1jVYXGCEAAcafx.jpg

It was Flash who died in that.

Nay, if they're gonna kill kal then they should do for good, otherwise the whole death AND return is just a cheap plot device that pleases no one!

Nay from me, at least not yet. It's clear from what we've seen in the BvS trailers and info so far that Earth is somewhat divided in its opinion of Superman - many see him as a God, but equally many mistrust him.

He's still relatively new, and I think more time needs to pass and for the people of Earth to trust him fully (as has often been depicted in the comics and other medium) before going down the 'Death of Superman' route. Otherwise, the full impact of his sacrifice and his death will not be felt.

Yeah, I'm not going to be pleased myself IF they do decide to "temporarily" kill him off at the end of the film so that he can be brought back to the Justice League.

Until Snyder was trolling us, he has stated in the past that he considers Superman to be a vital part of the Justice League. Now unless he was thinking that his death would inspire other heroes together, it would contradict on what was stated by him.

And in a film where Batman and Superman are fighting each other, I especially don't want to see Superman end the film on a dead note.

It would pretty much kill most, if not my entire, interest in the DCEU and it would pretty much leave Batman in charge of the holy grail for this cinematic universe.

No I actually believe her she took a picture with Zack Snyder and there was pics of Amy and Lawrence (he was smoking on set) near the cemetery. I'm just having a hard time locating those pics as the other thread got deleted.

This was in Plano aka Smallville.

@HenryCavillOrg just met Zack Snyder @BatmanvSuperman

B1jVYXGCEAAcafx.jpg

So it's really just Henry who people have no record of actually being spotted on set.

#$#$#!:o:cmad:

Now unless he was thinking that his death would inspire other heroes together,

..... and if they went down that route, it's too much like the plotline for the original Avengers, where they were brought together somewhat by Coulson's 'death'.

I'm going to have hope that there is a logical explanation for this Cavill-less funeral scene and it is not Superman's death. I just cannot imagine Snyder thinking it is a good idea to off Supes THIS early in the franchise. I want--NEED this film to end on a positive note with Superman being accepted as a hero by the general public and forming a alliance with Batman and Wonder Woman to form the JL.

If Snyder kills Superman & stays dead during the second movie ? The fan boy hatred will be huge if that happens & could most likely hurt the Justice League movies in the long run. I cant imagine the WB allowing any director kill off Superman. Before the Justice League movies. Unless he was gonna come back

Although, logically speaking, wouldn't Diana/ WW also be present during this funeral as well? I mean, if we're going with the assumption that Superman gets knocked off during the big climactic battle in the 3rd act that presumably she will be a part of.

Bruce Wayne, yeah. Lois Lane, yeah. Martha Kent, yeah...hmmm. Perry White, WTF? I assumed that Perry at that time still unaware that Clark = Superman. I mean, you have Martha Kent whom Perry knew (most likely) that she's Clark's mom.

I think that it will be Clark Kent's funeral -- hence, Cavill being missing. Supermam at that point probably hurt or incapacitated (by Lex?). Only Martha & Lois knew that something bad happened to Clark/Superman. The coffin is probably empty.

Has there been any indication that this is Clark/Supermans' grave? Or just a Smallville grave? Maybe it's Ma Kent.

Has there been any indication that this is Clark/Supermans' grave? Or just a Smallville grave? Maybe it's Ma Kent.
Nah, Mrs Kent was in attendence alongside Lois, Bruce and Perry.

Diane Lane was amongst the ones spotted at the scene. So it's not Ma Kent's funeral

BvS has the potential to be a great film, but so did Man of Steel, and frankly I was a little disapointed as were others. I always tried watching it again to see if I'd like it more, but it doesn't do that much. It was so fast-paced and squeezed in way too much. I don't like it when movies tell the story in a way you're not expecting.

In marketing, you see the trailers, you have hope, particularly when the Man of Steel trailers were released. But in the movie, right after the birth of Kal-El scene, they just skip all drama, and get straight into business and we get so much more action than dialogue in 20 minutes. We see adult Clark on a fishing boat, steal clothes later, and you hope to follow him from this point, then more and more flashbacks. The first action sequence with Superman is in Smallville, all non-stop action and destruction for 12 minutes or so with hardly any meaning. No strong build-up to Clark becoming Superman. He remains a mystery character. 50 minutes into the film, with hardly any dialogue from Clark, he becomes Superman.

So Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ended in a way you weren't expecting and it was disapointing.

Raiders of the Lost Ark had a rather awkward and unique ending.

I think one of the ways Batman v Superman could possibly screw up is by:

1) Starting the film off with Batman and Superman fighting each other, and then going straight into flashbacks.
2) Batman fighting Superman because he turns rogue.
3) Superman fighting Doomsday this soon
4) Ending the film with Superman's funeral (To be continued in another DC movie)

Looking at the Comic Con trailer, it looks like a film the way you want it to be, like you have hopes for how it turns out. Man of Steel didn't do that for a majority of people.

I'm worried that the very first scene with Batman and Superman won't be done right. It needs to be exciting by the time the two finally pair up and are seen on the screen together for the first time. It has to be big. Should be one of the biggest challenges in this movie.

Bruce Wayne, yeah. Lois Lane, yeah. Martha Kent, yeah...hmmm. Perry White, WTF? I assumed that Perry at that time still unaware that Clark = Superman. I mean, you have Martha Kent whom Perry knew (most likely) that she's Clark's mom.

I think that it will be Clark Kent's funeral -- hence, Cavill being missing. Supermam at that point probably hurt or incapacitated (by Lex?). Only Martha & Lois knew that something bad happened to Clark/Superman. The coffin is probably empty.

It's because of this possibility that I can't find myself fully enjoyingbthe wait till this movie's release. I mean what's the point of looking towards this film if it's going to take a **** going on superman's character?

If anything, it's really fans of Batman that have Everything to look forward to.

Well I am much more interested in what's going on with Batman from what we have seen from the teaser and trailer. Superman doesn't even get any lines, does he?

With that said, I don't think they will kill him off.

Well I am much more interested in what's going on with Batman from what we have seen from the teaser and trailer. Superman doesn't even get any lines, does he?

With that said, I don't think they will kill him off.

Superman had one line in the trailer.

And I don't think anyone here believes that he'll be permanently killed off since we know that he's due back for JL. We just don't want to see him go through the whole death and return angle at this time, especially when it looks looking iike Batman will become the godfather of the dc universe once superman is gone for awhile

Exactly, there's no doubt in anyone's mind that Supes would come back but to end the SECOND film on such a downer note would be a HUGE misstep and I think the fans and GA would have an extreme negative reaction to it.

I don't think it will happen, and if they plan to kill him, then they better make damn sure it feels earned. Frankly, I don't think the audience has developed much of a relationship with this new Superman for it to warrant such a conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"