BvS The Death of Superman? Yay or nay? :(

Well regardless of whether we want it or not, it seems like they're going down the death route.

Those funeral set pictures pretty much ruined/spoiled the film in the same manner that the set pictures for TDKR did in revealing that Marion was playing Talia.

But the bright side is, Batman fans will be happy and superman fans will likely get their nice visuals before he's made into a scapegoat as a means for Batman to become a hero again and the leader/founder of the JL.

I'm wondering if this is how fans of Cyclops must have felt when he was "killed off" in X-3?

At least I have Civil War to look forward to.

But in Age of Ultron, they killed off *spoiler* Quicksilver *spoiler*.

I liked Dark Knight Rises, in spite of the leaked photos we saw of Batman fighting Bane. I don't recall seeing leaked photos of Talia.

Worst things they do in comic book movies is going against the comics. X-Men 3- Cyclops death and Xavier and Jean Gray. The Wolverine- Logan got his claws cut off. Iron Man 3- Tony Stark gets a heart transplant and retires.

Except for The Wolverine which I loved, I consider the rest of these films not to be real movies for the reason that they kill of characters.

Anyone who believes Superman won't be apart of the JL films is incredibly naive.

When has anyone here said that we think he won't be a part of it?

We ALL know that superman will be in it. It's only his screen time and role that I'm worried about given on how they'll have to waste time to devote in showing on how he comes back from the grave.

For all we know, he won't probably make his return until they get close to the third act, similar to Vision in Age of Ultron, while the Justice League would have most likely been created by then.

And given on how no one has really posted anything to counter the belief that Superman is going to die in this film, I guess everyone really thinks that he's going to die

Wait, people actually think this?

Honesty, at this point, it wouldn't really matter if he showed up or not. If Snyder had no problem killing off superman in this film then he really doesn't care about the character now that batman is involved.

It would probably be better for superman to keep him dead until Snyder is replaced because he'll just misuse superman even further in JL

Your looking forward to Civil War? what if it ends like the comic did.

As long as it is executed well then this is not a problem for me.

I can see elements of Death of Superman being touched upon, but I don't see Snyder killing Superman in this film. I'm not worried.

I wonder if one reason they kill off Superman temporarily. Is so that the world sees that THEY DO NEED SUPERMAN. Batman & Wonder Woman can only do so much. The world would realize they were wrong about Superman when they need him the most with him not around. So that when he does return the ungrateful ****ers admit they were wrong about him

Honesty, at this point, it wouldn't really matter if he showed up or not. If Snyder had no problem killing off superman in this film then he really doesn't care about the character now that batman is involved.

If Batman was the one who was rumored to die in this film, not Superman, would you say that that means Snyder doesn't care about Batman?

I sort of imagine you'd feel the opposite, complaining about Snyder giving Batman all this attention with a death, a funeral meant to create sympathy towards him, etc. Honestly, am I wrong here? ;)

Unless he dies early on & he comes back in the third act. It will still be a bad move for WB to kill off Superman in a movie & not bring him back in the same one. That will make the road to Justice League very tough for WB & the fan boys will be calling for heads to roll. Killing Superman is one thing. But not bringing him back in the same movie will just be a PR nightmare

Heh, I don't think they are afraid of a PR nightmare. They actually seem to relish that kind of reaction.

The fan boy outcry of killing Superman & keeping him dead in the same movie will be even greater then what FFINO is currently getting. Plus Batman will be getting supreme hatred as well from the non Batman fans. I dont think the WB wants that while building up a Justice League movie. That will kill any future Justice League momentum & hype

Hi, I've been reading these forums for ages now. This thread made me want to give my theory.

Maybe superman does die and it is his funeral everyone is at, but not the "real" Superman maybe lex has been working on a clone. Using the technology learnt from one of the kryptonian ships this could be possible and fits in with Lex being the computer type billionaire. Maybe he creates "bizarro" or tries it fails and dies. Lex then forces superman to pretend hes dead or he will hurt Ma kent or louis. Might be the scene where he kneels in front of lex. Then just maybe this Bizarro comes alive and wreaks havok. What do you think??

It would probably be better for superman to keep him dead until Snyder is replaced because he'll just misuse superman even further in JL

:whatever:

As long as it is executed well then this is not a problem for me.

This.

I wonder if one reason they kill off Superman temporarily. Is so that the world sees that THEY DO NEED SUPERMAN. Batman & Wonder Woman can only do so much. The world would realize they were wrong about Superman when they need him the most with him not around. So that when he does return the ungrateful ****ers admit they were wrong about him

Bingo.

If Batman was the one who was rumored to die in this film, not Superman, would you say that that means Snyder doesn't care about Batman?

I sort of imagine you'd feel the opposite, complaining about Snyder giving Batman all this attention with a death, a funeral meant to create sympathy towards him, etc. Honestly, am I wrong here? ;)

Exactly. Right now, the DoS rumor is totally unsubstantiated, but if it turns out to be true, it would make BvS about his sacrifice and JL about his return. If anything, it puts Superman front and center.

The fan boy outcry of killing Superman & keeping him dead in the same movie will be even greater then what FFINO is currently getting. Plus Batman will be getting supreme hatred as well from the non Batman fans.

All 7 of them...

:
Exactly. Right now, the DoS rumor is totally unsubstantiated, but if it turns out to be true, it would make BvS about his sacrifice and JL about his return. If anything, it puts Superman front and center.

If "JL" were to be about his return, then there's no point in dubbing this film as "Dawn of Justice" since that implies that this will lead into the formation of the JL, which Superman is usually required to be present for something like that to take place.

Furthermore, it means that while every other JL character would get a chance to interact with each other for several scenes in JL, Superman would be robbed of it since he'd be "Dead" for most of the film.

People thought that Thor would be a major part of the first "Avengers" film given on how Loki was the main villain and yet most of the focus were on characters like Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, and Widow.

No no no. I don't want this to turn into Marvel where no one is truly dead. When Someone dies in DC they need to remain dead . Wait until a few more if Superman must be killed.

Sweet lord.

Ya'll are talking like all this is confirmed or seen the film.

We're just concerned, Narcissus, cause theres set photos in SMALLVILLE with all of Superman's supporting cast present except him. The logical conclusion is that the funeral is for him.

Sweet lord.

Ya'll are talking like all this is confirmed.

Well, in a way, isn't it?

I mean the pictures that and link that Fallen Angel posted on the first page of this thread somewhat proves that Clark dies given on how ONLY Ben, Amy, Lawrence, and Diane were spotted at the cemetery.

Well, in a way, isn't it?

I mean the pictures that and link that Fallen Angel posted on the first page of this thread somewhat proves that Clark dies given on how ONLY Ben, Amy, Lawrence, and Diane were spotted at the cemetery.

And we also don't know when this happens in the movie. Some Superman fans are paranoid as hell. Lawd.

Last edited:
But, for the sake of conversation, in a movie centered on the conflict between Batman and Superman and based on what we've seen, where ELSE would this funeral scene fit in the film besides the end? Unless, this is gonna be 3 hours long, I dont see how a death and ressurection story would fit here.

Diana was also not spotted there.

Wouldn't she be at Superman's funeral? Bruce seems to know who Superman is by this point right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"