The Death Penalty: Where Do You Stand?

But who says what is worth life and what isn't? You can't measure life, you can't determine its value, and it's not something that can be bought or gained.

I hold to the belief that no one is beyond redemption. For some, the road may be longer than for others. But I don't think that anyone should ever look at a person and say, "You're too far gone." That is where humanity is lost.
I have many beliefs for people who commit crimes against the law and humanity. And I do believe that the majority of criminals deserve their chance to redeem themselves for their crimes. But when you have psychotic human beings who get their thrills out of harming others for fun or molesting and raping little children for the sexual thrill, they have lost their right to redemption. I know I can't say for all of them who is worthy enough to live and who must die, but when you have people like this who cannot change, who will not change, who only brings harm to those around them and negativity to the society in which they live, it all boils down to one more victim going on unharmed if they weren't in the world.

They may not deserve to live, but we deserve to know what made them what they are. I would rather see people like this studied in a lab (and treated like lab rats) to prevent future people like this from existing. If we can study it and learn what makes it happen, we can also start down the road of preventing it from happening.
From this post, it's hard to tell if you're saying that you're against it or not. I will respond as if you were saying that you were against it, if you don't mind. I refer to what funeman_5 said about the effectiveness of rehabilitation and that how though it can help some criminals, it is still ineffective on the majority of the hard cases. So instead of just putting these horrible people to death, which would end fast and be rid of them, you would rather see them thrown into labs and study them like animals, sometimes even coming to a point where they'd feel as if they were being tortured and abused? Some people would call me a murderer for wanting these kinds of people sentenced to death... What would they call people who wanted them tortured and abused?

I'm against the death penalty, and I think our main problem is we're trying to lock people up, instead of helping them. Throwing everyone in jail for years has not done anything to lower crime, so why not try another approach?

What we need to do is maintain an Island that is surrounded by gigantic walls. We could drop the prisoners in there and see if they can become civilized again .

What we need to do is maintain an Island that is surrounded by gigantic walls. We could drop the prisoners in there and see if they can become civilized again .
They would eat each other alive. :p You can't cage folks like that, think about how bad the jails are now. Imagine that with no guards? Forget it.

They would eat each other alive. :p You can't cage folks like that, think about how bad the jails are now. Imagine that with no guards? Forget it.

Hah, we'd get all kinds of Halo and Call to Duty gamers going over the fence to see if it's just like the video game.

Snake Pliskin to the rescue! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"