The Doctor Doom Thread

Yeah, not only could they mention Latveria, but they SHOULD.

No matter where Doom is now, Latveria exists and is an important part of the world. It’s not just a matter of fan service, it’s about defining the world these characters are living in.

For a long time, everything was “Sokovia, Sokovia, Sokovia” to the point people started to assume it would take the place of Latveria. The filmakers need to let viewers know this is a big world with Sekovia, Wakanda, Latveria etc.

Set the scene so when Doom does finally arrive, he’s not coming out of nowhere.

I don't see anything coming in Cap 4. Seems very Hulk focused.

Honestly I prefer if they simply say that episode of Moon Knight was in Latveria- it can be revealed in season 2

Obviously he’s number one on the call sheet as far as the F4’s rogues go, but would anyone be opposed to Doom sitting this first movie out? He’s been used the first time out with each screen iteration of the team. Maybe more of a build-up is the way to go this time around.

Obviously he’s number one on the call sheet as far as the F4’s rogues go, but would anyone be opposed to Doom sitting this first movie out? He’s been used the first time out with each screen iteration of the team. Maybe more of a build-up is the way to go this time around.

Thanos, Kang, & Doom should all share the same comic book accuracy, masterful acting, screen presence, and slow build up

Last edited:
I’d like some kind of mention but I’m happy with the first film just introducing the F4 successfully if they feel they have more effective ways to build up Doom.

I’d like some kind of mention but I’m happy with the first film just introducing the F4 successfully if they feel they have more effective ways to build up Doom.

something like 2008 Iron Man Nick Fury post credit scene could work

They can do it like with Mordo. First appearance as an ally or a non-villain and then he becomes the villain after the first movie. Maybe as a scientific competitor to Reed with his undamaged face (the accident could happen in the first movie)
Mordo could still be alive (not counting a scene, that was cut from MoM where Wanda kills 616-Mordo) and be the villain of DS3

Well take this with a grain of salt, but if you are to believe the latest (and like I said after the Wakanda Forever debacle, I'm reluctant to believe any rumor anymore) but Den of Nerds is saying that Feige has no plans for anything Doom related at all until AFTER Secret Wars. They went on to say expect nothing about him at all in Phase 5...probably not even in the F4 movie.

Sad to say this is the type of rumor I see being true...not sure what is going on in the mind of Feige or the heads of Marvel, but not evening having Doom at all in ANY project, not even mentioning Latveria, just proves what I am saying, they don't see him as a priority. The Mutants take over I am sure in Phase 7 and then they will dominate Phases 7 through 9. I could see Magneto/Apocalypse being the Big Bads for those phases.

I feel like they have put Doom in a corner and there just doesn't seem to be any room for him now. Stripping him of his biggest accomplishment and giving it to Kang is something that is going to make me a very bitter person when I go and see Antman 3 and any Kang related project. Kang is a great character but he is Doom-lite. They as characters have great chemistry but despite his time travel abilities and such, Kang can't compare to Doom.. I feel like Doom getting the shaft or at least made to be irrelevant and could tainting my MCU experience going forward.

For years, I kept saying that "if Marvel/Disney gets ahold of the F4 rights, they will make the F4 and Doom right." I never dreamed the type of delay that has happened nor would I forsee that Doom wouldn't get top priority. To me even if they had other characters or stories planned, I would be making adjustments in a heartbeat once I was given the A-OK to do so. Doom would have shown up in several properties by now. Latveria would be on the world stage. Leading to Doom's role on Earth, Kang in the cosmos....Change things up and not focus on just once villain ala Thanos...then Doom destroys Kang in the mid-credit and sets up Battleworld in SW and Doom's lasting victory into Phase 7 . You don't just rinse and repeat the Thanos formula...win in IW (KD), then defeated in EG (SW).

I am just beyond frustrated. The only new character that I was so happy to see they got right that was on my mega anticipated page was Man-Thing. As it stands now, the rumors for the F4 casting have me worried. I can only hope they pull victory out of the jaws of defeat.

I have been saying for a while I think Rama Tutt is gonna be the FF antagonist. I think Doom appearing after Secret Wars at this point is likely. This disappoints me, but I guess we have to see how this all plays out. Assuming Kang wipes out the multiverse or whatever, maybe that will be it and Doom can get his God/Beyonder powers at some point in the future.

I"ve speculated before that real world events such as Russia-Ukraine could very well have taken Doom out of play for the time being, and news from today may have added a new wrinkle, with Marvel regaining access to the Chinese market. While I may be grasping at straws, I can't help but wonder if Doom might not be a touchy character as far as the Chinese government is concerned. Considering that F4 is a property Disney and Marvel would very much want to release there, this could be another factor delaying Doom's debut.

Doom isnt Chinese. I think you are confusing him with Fu Manchu or the Mandarin

Perhaps what I was trying to say is that Eastern Europe related plots could be touchy with the Chinese government. They are, afterall, aligned with Russia.

Last edited:
Well take this with a grain of salt, but if you are to believe the latest (and like I said after the Wakanda Forever debacle, I'm reluctant to believe any rumor anymore) but Den of Nerds is saying that Feige has no plans for anything Doom related at all until AFTER Secret Wars. They went on to say expect nothing about him at all in Phase 5...probably not even in the F4 movie.

Sad to say this is the type of rumor I see being true...not sure what is going on in the mind of Feige or the heads of Marvel, but not evening having Doom at all in ANY project, not even mentioning Latveria, just proves what I am saying, they don't see him as a priority. The Mutants take over I am sure in Phase 7 and then they will dominate Phases 7 through 9. I could see Magneto/Apocalypse being the Big Bads for those phases.

I feel like they have put Doom in a corner and there just doesn't seem to be any room for him now. Stripping him of his biggest accomplishment and giving it to Kang is something that is going to make me a very bitter person when I go and see Antman 3 and any Kang related project. Kang is a great character but he is Doom-lite. They as characters have great chemistry but despite his time travel abilities and such, Kang can't compare to Doom.. I feel like Doom getting the shaft or at least made to be irrelevant and could tainting my MCU experience going forward.

For years, I kept saying that "if Marvel/Disney gets ahold of the F4 rights, they will make the F4 and Doom right." I never dreamed the type of delay that has happened nor would I forsee that Doom wouldn't get top priority. To me even if they had other characters or stories planned, I would be making adjustments in a heartbeat once I was given the A-OK to do so. Doom would have shown up in several properties by now. Latveria would be on the world stage. Leading to Doom's role on Earth, Kang in the cosmos....Change things up and not focus on just once villain ala Thanos...then Doom destroys Kang in the mid-credit and sets up Battleworld in SW and Doom's lasting victory into Phase 7 . You don't just rinse and repeat the Thanos formula...win in IW (KD), then defeated in EG (SW).

I am just beyond frustrated. The only new character that I was so happy to see they got right that was on my mega anticipated page was Man-Thing. As it stands now, the rumors for the F4 casting have me worried. I can only hope they pull victory out of the jaws of defeat.

I think at this point you have to write off Secret Wars.

And as disappointing as that might be, at the moment it’s for the best. To force Doom into Secret Wars with the current schedule and way things are going wouldn’t work and would be a mess.

He needs to be properly developed.

And as much as I would have liked to have seen him by now, the good news is we’re inching toward FF, and it’s becoming more and more likely Doom will be intertwined with FF, and that’s how it should be.

Relax. Let them finish this Kang/multiverse nonsense, and then they can do Doom right with no distractions, and he can have his turn as THE villain.

I think at this point you have to write off Secret Wars.

And as disappointing as that might be, at the moment it’s for the best. To force Doom into Secret Wars with the current schedule and way things are going wouldn’t work and would be a mess.

He needs to be properly developed.

And as much as I would have liked to have seen him by now, the good news is we’re inching toward FF, and it’s becoming more and more likely Doom will be intertwined with FF, and that’s how it should be.

Relax. Let them finish this Kang/multiverse nonsense, and then they can do Doom right with no distractions, and he can have his turn as THE villain.

You know I usually am 100 percent in synch with you WL, but my problem with one part is the interaction with the F4...again..yes I want the legendary Doom / Richards rivalry but he needs to be shown that he is EVERYONE'S villain and by containing him only in the F4, then it sends the message he can't rise above just being the F4 villain...hence why SW and large event pictures like that beg for Doom to be front and center...but there's nothing left of Mega importance for him to accomplish on a Supreme grand scale...he is going to be just another villain...I bet he doesn't even get a whole phase devoted to him let alone multiple...

Honestly, I don't think needs an entire phase to himself. I would like to see him pop up in other properties and just be a lingering presence, like Loki but more threatening. Doom can be a great recurring villain. Sure there is a way to have made him a phase villain, but I don't think that's the only way to do him

You know I usually am 100 percent in synch with you WL, but my problem with one part is the interaction with the F4...again..yes I want the legendary Doom / Richards rivalry but he needs to be shown that he is EVERYONE'S villain and by containing him only in the F4, then it sends the message he can't rise above just being the F4 villain...hence why SW and large event pictures like that beg for Doom to be front and center...but there's nothing left of Mega importance for him to accomplish on a Supreme grand scale...he is going to be just another villain...I bet he doesn't even get a whole phase devoted to him let alone multiple...

Oh, no, don’t get me wrong. I don’t want him exclusive to the FF at all. But he should be linked to the FF and Reed Richards.

And one concern I had, when I presumed he would show up long before the FF film, is they’d lose that connection, like they lost the FF/Black Panther connection and FF/Namor connection etc.

But now that we’re two years away from FF, there’s no reason they can’t cement that connection from the start.

And I wouldn’t mind if both Doom and Reed are introduced together prior to FF.

Honestly, I don't think needs an entire phase to himself. I would like to see him pop up in other properties and just be a lingering presence, like Loki but more threatening. Doom can be a great recurring villain. Sure there is a way to have made him a phase villain, but I don't think that's the only way to do him

Yeah, I think he should be pan-phasel (yes spell-check, I know that’s not a word. Deal with it).

But I also want him to have some big stories and multi-film stories. I don’t want him to just be present. I want it to be “OH S**T” when he shows up - like I felt it was in the comics.

He’s not just another villain. He shouldn’t follow any patterns of those who have come before.

Yeah, I think he should be pan-phasel (yes spell-check, I know that’s not a word. Deal with it).

But I also want him to have some big stories and multi-film stories. I don’t want him to just be present. I want it to be “OH S**T” when he shows up - like I felt it was in the comics.

He’s not just another villain. He shouldn’t follow any patterns of those who have come before.

the last OH SH!# moment in the MCU for me was:
3a6b68a271910b6a78b2c4031f887a2d.gif

Is there a potential way to introduce Doom as well as the God Emperor version outside of the SW narrative? Asking the FF die hards since I am not that knowledgeable about the FF

Is there a potential way to introduce Doom as well as the God Emperor version outside of the SW narrative? Asking the FF die hards since I am not that knowledgeable about the FF

I guess they could always do something more based on 80s Secret Wars and have Doom take the Beyonder's power there. Or just come up with an entirely original plot line where he does

I guess they could always do something more based on 80s Secret Wars and have Doom take the Beyonder's power there. Or just come up with an entirely original plot line where he does

thanks Kevin wil appreciate this ;)

While the greatest character in comic history is made to wait for YEARS until he debuts in the MCU (Thanks Feige and Marvel Heads :argh::argh::argh:), check out this theory...once again it sounds good on paper.

Avengers 5 Theory: Doctor Doom Appears In The Kang Dynasty… As An Ally

I think that would work for fans like us but be a problem for the general audience.

I think when he first shows up, he needs to be mysterious and intimidating as all hell.

Then, as time goes on, they can add more layers, show some backstory etc.

Fear is based on the unknown, and the less people know about him, the more they’ll fear him.

I would love to see something like this for our first glimpse of Doom/Latveria.

Some Russian Migs accidentally cross into Latverian air-space and are vaporized.

Then we see the Russian ministers discussing. They think it was a neighboring country and are ready to go to war over it.

Then they realize it was Latveria and they immediately back down. They know better than to f*** with Doom and his technology.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"