The Doctor Doom Thread

I would love to see something like this for our first glimpse of Doom/Latveria.

Some Russian Migs accidentally cross into Latverian air-space and are vaporized.

Then we see the Russian ministers discussing. They think it was a neighboring country and are ready to go to war over it.

Then they realize it was Latveria and they immediately back down. They know better than to f*** with Doom and his technology.:D

100%

But that would go against the theory that Feige and co want to steer clear of the Ukraine war

Until more facts and confirmations from Marvel Studios comes about, sad to say all we have are unfounded "gossip" and rumors...I've become somewhat jaded on the idea of spreading what others are saying especially after the whole Doom is in Wakanda Forever. It made sense, it lent itself to separating Doom from the F4 and showed that he can be a villain for EVERYONE from the get go. It would have also had comic book historical perspective (the "3 Kings" or "Doomwar" as examples of Black Panther stories that feature Doom) and then all of it fell apart. I really liked Wakanda Forever, I did....BUT when watching the movie, it was obvious there are parts of the film where Doom and Latveria would have made so much sense to be included.

Now the latest gossip says that Secret Wars is going to be split into 2 films meaning we would get Kang Dynasty, Secret Wars parts 1 and 2...guess I am jaded that Kang is getting ALL of this attention, Doom deserves all of this and more...someone find a way to interview Kevin Feige and bring up the subject of Doom...cause it surprises me to this day that NOT ONE interview that I can find has EVER brought him up to Feige....

Last edited:
More and more I’m thinking Doom and Reed will be introduced together, BUT since it’s been made clear the FF film won’t be an origin film, I think it’s likely we’ll see them in a different film (or Disney + series) prior to the FF film.

Personally, I’d love to see a 40 minute Disney + “special” that tells the story of Ben, Reed and Doom in college and finishes with Doom trudging through the snow after the accident.

One of the things I liked about the 2005 film is they established Reed an Ben’s friendship from the start.

And I think Reed and Ben’s friendship and Reed and Doom’s rivalry are key points that make the FF and Doom work. So establishing those foundational elements prior to the FF film would be a great thing to do.

Last edited:
Well while we are made to wait for who knows how long before Doom arrives (IF he arrives at all), I thought I would post a list of things I would love to see with him in the movie/show/special over time...feel free to add anything else I left out:

*Name is retained...Victor Von Doom
*Speaks in the 3rd person
*Romani heritage
*Master at robotics AND sorcery
*Latveria is his birth nation...NOT Sokovia or anything else that the MCU might decide to change it to
*Speaking of Latveria, the way it looked in episode 1 of Moon Knight but beefed up a bit is how I would picture the country...Frankenstein with Boris Karloff but modernized with Doom's tech
*Reed Richards is his arch-rival/calls him "Richards!" out of contempt
*Love for his mother/willingness to go above all normal means to get her out of Hell/Mephisto/Cthon's realm
*Truly believes that conquest will bring about a better world for all
*Comic book accurate armor
*Accent (think Mads Mikkelsen voicing him in the armor) or if need be we have 3 actors play him (Victor in his younger days, physical actor in armor, voice actor)

Calling Reed “Richards” out of contempt is fine. Personally I would call him “Dicks” instead which I believe sounds even more contemptible

I hope Doctor Doom plays a role in Secret Wars

what if it is Fox verse Doom in Secret Wars (the Julian McMahon one)? Rumours are the Fox verse characters will be a big part of this phase

what if it is Fox verse Doom in Secret Wars (the Julian McMahon one)? Rumours are the Fox verse characters will be a big part of this phase

Well it would be great if the "inferior Fox" Dooms get taken out by the MCU REAL Doom..."Bah! Pretenders to MY throne! Doom will claim his throne...Kang, Doom is coming for you...more ways than one!"

After reading/listening to a bunch of Quantomania reviews, I'm beginning to wonder if they should've made Doom the big bad for this saga instead of Kang.

Heck no, lol!!!! Both Fox versions of Doom were jokes. If you are going to use Doom, use the one that ideally won't suck

i would have the MCU Doom slaughter the Fox Dooms kinda like what Deadpool did to the old Deadpool with stitched mouth

After reading/listening to a bunch of Quantomania reviews, I'm beginning to wonder if they should've made Doom the big bad for this saga instead of Kang.

Kang is more of an Avengers villain so I think it makes sense to make him the big bad. I think Doom should start out more as a FF villain who has more of a Loki role (villain but will team up with the heroes when it suits his agenda and then turn on them so you can't trust him) and establish his place in the MCU before you go all in on making him the big Marvel universe villain, ala the Marvel Ultimate Alliance video game.

After watching Antman 3 last night, seeing Kang
take over Sub Atomica which Doom did in the comics and then the mid credit with Rama Tut whom Doom met early on, Immortus, Scarlet Centurion, Kang is great Doom is better and it just makes me sad and mad to see all of these connections to the F4 and Doom and not happen its disheartening

Supposedly when all the Kangs teleport in, there is a Doctor Doom Kang what do you all think?

Never heard of this outlet, this rumor, or this actor. So I call bullcrap on the whole thing unless picked up by a major outlet

Simon Baker I know him from George Romeros Land of the Dead beyond that not a whole lot I'm familiar with

Has no one seen The Mentalist?? Excellent show. I don't think this casting true, but I'd be down if it was.

Last edited:
Never heard of this outlet, this rumor, or this actor. So I call bullcrap on the whole thing unless picked up by a major outlet

Just reading the thing, I’m thinking it’s one of those AI generated articles we’ve been hearing about.

Just reading the thing, I’m thinking it’s one of those AI generated articles we’ve been hearing about.

Yes I was hesitant to post it especially since I'm still very moody when it comes to decisions involving Doom or should I say NOT involving Doom but considering we have ZERO news regarding the Lord of Latveria or his nation in the MCU, then I guess it was subconsciously a decision to have SOMETHING to talk about.

Yes I was hesitant to post it especially since I'm still very moody when it comes to decisions involving Doom or should I say NOT involving Doom but considering we have ZERO news regarding the Lord of Latveria or his nation in the MCU, then I guess it was subconsciously a decision to have SOMETHING to talk about.

Yeah, my feeling is post anything and everything at this point. Even if something is BS, better to talk about how silly it is than to have nothing to talk about.:funny:

…and the lack of real info is becoming seriously maddening.

In theory, we’re only 23 months away, but it doesn’t feel like it’s ever going to happen based on the complete lack of anything.

I do think Doom will either show up before FF or in FF.

I can’t believe FF will come and go with no mention of Doom.

With the FF so close now, I can imagine them waiting to make a Doom intro in FF.

If he’s not here prior to FF, it would be unforgivable to not have him show up in FF.

I do think Doom will either show up before FF or in FF.

I can’t believe FF will come and go with no mention of Doom.

With the FF so close now, I can imagine them waiting to make a Doom intro in FF.

If he’s not here prior to FF, it would be unforgivable to not have him show up in FF.

Yeah its been my ultimate pet peeve...all this rumored projects both cinematic and tv coming...no hint of ANYTHING Doom/Latveria related...then when we see these rumored projects listed, then we as fans start trying to insert where he or his country could fit and continue to be disappointed EVERY..SINGLE..TIME...If Kang gets to recreated Battleworld, no matter how its written, if Secret Wars is dumped into his lap, regardless of lack of proper development for Doom, is still a massive slap to the face of Doom fans and the character himself...there is truly nothing bigger than what they are doing with this massive multiverse storyline...I just don't see anything truly worthy of the grandeur of Victor Von Doom...I don't know...I wish they had Doom and the F4 at the very beginning of the MCU...I do think Thanos would not have happened first...I could be wrong...but if Doom has the potential to be the "final boss" of the MCU how do you top these two epic events...Infinity and Multiverse related?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"