The Doctor Doom Thread

I am wagering it is either BP2 or Ant Man 3

Makes you wonder when Marvel will actually have any Easter eggs to the F4.

I’m betting Jon watts will give us Something in Spider-man…

Technically he already did in Far From Home. We just weren’t sure about it at the time, but now I’m pretty sure he gave us the Baxter Building along with a sign telling us that’s exactly what it was

far-from-home-building-construction-1154023-1280x0.jpeg

spider-man-easter-egg-1248547.jpeg

With
Kang introduced in Loki's season finale, its obvious that down the road the multiversal war aka SECRET WARS will commence...the question is will Doom be its maestro or will they substitute Kang for it???

With
Kang introduced in Loki's season finale, its obvious that down the road the multiversal war aka SECRET WARS will commence...the question is will Doom be its maestro or will they substitute Kang for it???

I wouldn’t get hung up on the details, but the important thing regarding your spoiler is it indicates Marvel is starting to play the long game with villains (we also got a hint of that in Falcon and Winter soldier), and that’s what we need.

Up until now, Marvel has tended to treat their villains as disposable, “one and done” characters, and obviously we want them to get away from that to do Doom right.

With
Kang can be Frieza, but Doom is Vegeta.

With
Kang will be the Maestro. But Doom will be the solution to it. He will be perceived as the "Hero" or "Saviour" of the MCU only to be revealed that he is greatest threat to the MCU even making Thanos pale in comparison...not in sheer power and ability, but by the complexity and brutal execution of his plans. Doom is according to George Lucas, the inspiration behind Darth Vader

"I remember Jack confided in Frank (Zappa) that he felt like the stories he created helped shape the Star Wars saga, that he saw direct parallels between his characters and the movie’s story arcs.”

Of all rock stars in the world, Zappa, famously an outspoken champion of free speech and artist’s rights, was the ultimate sympathetic ear."

http://royalflushmagazine.com/news-events/news/zappa_meets_kirby/

“He told my dad stuff like, ‘Darth Vader was Doctor Doom and the Force is the Source’ and that George Lucas ripped him off.

Last edited:
I hope

That they do justice to Doctor Doom - he should be at least as intimidating as Thanos, yet portrayed as majestically as Magneto was by Fassbender and McKellen. We might need a Shakespearean type actor or at least someone with great screen presence. And nail the costume (Bonus points if it is made from Vibranium).

Something like this:

doom11.jpg

doom9.jpg
doom6.jpg

This isn't the first article that is theorizing that a certain someone that just got revealed in Loki, may take Doom's place in Secret Wars

*Possible spoilers in article below*

As for Kang, some version of the character will appear in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, but there’s also a chance he’ll linger around after as a harbinger of the MCU’s next Endgame-level movie. The notion of a multiversal war feels like a nod towards the 2015 event comic, Secret Wars. Written by Jonathan Hickman and drawn by artist Esad Ribić, the series saw various Marvel Comics realities crash together into a new, patchwork world—complete with plenty of alternate versions of Marvel’s favorite heroes. In the comics, this combined reality was ruled by Doctor Doom. But is the MCU positioning Kang, with all of his multidimensional knowledge, to be the ruler instead? We know how Marvel loves its breadcrumbs—and it certainly feels like there’s already enough of a trail for Kang to be a significant part of Marvel’s next ambitious project.

Could Kang be pitted against Dormammu and even Galactus or do you think that is Phase 5 and beyond? It would be interesting how Doom and the X-Men and Adam Warlock and Magnus would play into this all. Also the Eternals too lol. And the Celestials. Who needs Mephisto? lol

I don’t think, just because you-know-who is here, he’ll become part of everything.

He’s a cool character, and hopefully they’ll do some fun things, but nothing is different now than it was a week ago.

i highly doubt that Marvel will make everything about you-know-who, particularly when they’ve got Doom waiting in the wings.

Right. But there has to be a big baddie for Phase 4, 5, 6 etc.
Perhaps Galactus is the last boss. Who comes before him? Is it Dormammu? Or Doom? What order do you build up to Galactus and who is bigger than Galactus at least from an MCU perspective.

Right. But there has to be a big baddie for Phase 4, 5, 6 etc.
Perhaps Galactus is the last boss. Who comes before him? Is it Dormammu? Or Doom? What order do you build up to Galactus and who is bigger than Galactus at least from an MCU perspective.

Well they can’t always go bigger, and I think that was Feige’s intent when he said they were moving away from “Phases”. It was great the way they built toward Infinity Wars, but I don’t think they want to have fans expecting that all the time.

I’d love to see Doom become a major player, and I’d love to see a point where Doom joins with the others to battle a threat like Galactus.

But I’d like to see that done relatively loosely with some smaller stories mixed in with some larger stories.

I don’t want everything to be ten films all linked together and building to a massive crescendo followed by another ten films leading to a bigger crescendo in perpetuity.

I’d like to see a variety of different stories with natural ebbs and flows without always trying to be “bigger” than what came before.

I would love to see Kang and Doom as Co Big Bads for Phase 4 and Beyond. With Secret Wars an event in which both baddies pick their champions (Maybe even the Champions!) across time and space in the MCU to fight on Battleworld for their continued existence. You could have Doom and picking and choosing groups from among the OG Avengers, the Netflix Defenders, Spider types, Loki Variants, Guardians, Young Avengers, Eternals, Marvel Zombies and the FF.

The baddies pick champions story has been featured in a bunch of classic comic book stories (Avengers vs Squadron Sinister, Avengers/Defenders War and at least one JLA/JSA/Legion crossover) and I think it would be a strong successor to the Infinity War/Endgame duology.

Last edited:
I would love to see Kang and Doom as Co Big Bads for Phase 4 and Beyond. With Secret Wars an event in which both baddies pick their champions (Maybe even the Champions!) across time and space in the MCU to fight on Battleworld for their continued existence. You could have Doom and picking and choosing groups from among the OG Avengers, the Netflix Defenders, Spider types, Loki Variants, Guardians, Young Avengers, Eternals, Marvel Zombies and the FF.

The baddies pick champions story has been featured in a bunch of classic comic book stories (Avengers vs Squadron Sinister, Avengers/Defenders War and at least one JLA/JSA/Legion crossover) and I think it would be a strong successor to the Infinity War/Endgame duology.

I would love for Netflix Daredevil Charlie Cox and Punisher Jon Bernthal to make their MCU debuts

It wouldn’t surprise me if Doom is introduced in the MCU without his classic costume and mask similar like Baron Zemo was. In that case, it will be ‘Victor Von Doom’ appearing in the MCU before ‘Dr. Doom’ if that makes sense.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Doom is introduced in the MCU without his classic costume and mask similar like Baron Zemo was. In that case, it will be ‘Victor Von Doom’ appearing in the MCU before ‘Dr. Doom’ if that makes sense.

And then one short token scene of him wearing the mask to appease fans before he ditches it and takes up dancing in a night club?

And then one short token scene of him wearing the mask to appease fans before he ditches it and takes up dancing in a night club?
:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad: Don't even joke...what Marvel could do with Doom scares me to death...from having him be "woke" in some fashion, to stripping away his iconic comic book armor, to not ruling Latveria, or having his army of robots, his obsession with Richards being removed, his love for his mother not even on the radar, Romani heritage gone, and ultimately having some of his iconic comic book moments given to other villains (in light of recent news in a certain season finale, scares me that Secret Wars may not involve Doom at the center of it).

:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad: Don't even joke...what Marvel could do with Doom scares me to death...from having him be "woke" in some fashion, to stripping away his iconic comic book armor, to not ruling Latveria, or having his army of robots, his obsession with Richards being removed, his love for his mother not even on the radar, Romani heritage gone, and ultimately having some of his iconic comic book moments given to other villains (in light of recent news in a certain season finale, scares me that Secret Wars may not involve Doom at the center of it).

they could make him a her and gender swap and race swap and culture swap - instead of comic book accurate Victor Von Doom we will have Victoria Van Damme - she would be like the redhead leader of the face smashers in The Falcon & The Winter Soldier lol. at that point i aint watching it in theatres

they could make him a her and gender swap and race swap and culture swap - instead of comic book accurate Victor Von Doom we will have Victoria Van Damme - she would be like the redhead leader of the face smashers in The Falcon & The Winter Soldier lol. at that point i aint watching it in theatres

Victoria Morgenthau, the equally disaffected sister of Karli who lives on a council estate in Merseyside.

a name i wish could be forgotten in my memory - lets keep it that way

a name i wish could be forgotten in my memory - lets keep it that way

Fair enough. But there is something you should consider:

Karli Morgenthau
Karli Morgenthau
Karli Morgenthau
Karli Morgenthau
Karli Morgenthau
Karli Morgenthau
Karli Morgenthau

:D

Users who are viewing this thread