The early sale tickets at Wal-mart

Ya target would've been great, or even best buy. Tickets should of came with a brochure, they also gave me like 20 small tattoos. I almost bought the $1 sticker book but I decided to just wait for the soundtrack release since that has a big sticker that comes with it.

GRRRR. I asked him if it came with anything and he said no. :mad:

I think Target would have been better for this. They are way more organized. :o Btw, were my tickets supposed to come with some kind of promo stuff? :confused:
Part of the reason they would probably be more organized is that they deal with less than half of the market share that Wal-mart does. I love Target, but the truth is 90% of the time you go there (at least where I'm from) it's pretty quiet, so I'd hope they have things in place to deal with it better ... same with a Best Buy.

BUT, again, why would WB want to do this promotion with a store that will not do 1/2 the volume of potential customers? It's about maximizing potential gains ... the fact that the ticket buyers didn't have the smoothest time in some locations is irrelevant to them, they know you'll still use the ticket.

At our store, things went pretty smooth, but you're right, many stores were probably a train wreck. It really depends on who is in charge there.

Target might have less customers, but their merchandise is tied to specific spots on the sales floor where you can scan an item and it tells you exactly where it goes... and it is actually there. At walmart the inventory management isn't as specific or accurate. Also everyone at target has a walkie and can ask where something is from another team member, where as walmart it seems to be just managers with a walkie and regular workers don't. Less communication and organization makes walmart one of the least customer service oriented stores I've shopped at :o

I was the first person at the Wal Mart I went to. Whats funny was I was starting to get upset because I was running behind 20 minutes because I wanter to get to WM at 7AM and got there at 7:20AM. Then I get to the electronic expecting to see a line and I'm first. I had thought man it would be awesome to be the first person there but that isn't gonna happen. I got tickets #1 and 2. I didn't get any extras but I got my tickets so I'm cool. When in finaly did get in line to get tickets with two other people the guy behind the counter was nice and explain the ticket prices, that the tickets could be replaced if lost and that it was only goo for the one showing. I have no complaints on the ticket buying. In fact I wasn't worried thet I might not get a ticket but I was worried that some how WM was gonna screw up some how. I also expected to see the MOS display fully stocked but nope nothing new. Whats makes it worse was a few people where opening boxes when I got there and it turns out they where just using the display to sit cell phone and/or computer acessories on while they stocked them.

I was the first person at the Wal Mart I went to. Whats funny was I was starting to get upset because I was running behind 20 minutes because I wanter to get to WM at 7AM and got there at 7:20AM. Then I get to the electronic expecting to see a line and I'm first. I had thought man it would be awesome to be the first person there but that isn't gonna happen. I got tickets #1 and 2. I didn't get any extras but I got my tickets so I'm cool. When in finaly did get in line to get tickets with two other people the guy behind the counter was nice and explain the ticket prices, that the tickets could be replaced if lost and that it was only goo for the one showing. I have no complaints on the ticket buying. In fact I wasn't worried thet I might not get a ticket but I was worried that some how WM was gonna screw up some how. I also expected to see the MOS display fully stocked but nope nothing new. Whats makes it worse was a few people where opening boxes when I got there and it turns out they where just using the display to sit cell phone and/or computer acessories on while they stocked them.

I tell you some of this merchandising has been downright HORRIBLE!!!

I think Target would have been better for this. They are way more organized. :o Btw, were my tickets supposed to come with some kind of promo stuff? :confused:

Personally, I don't think it's a matter of organized or not at all. But more of COMPETENCE of the employees at Wal-Mart as a whole not better than Target's.

The company, apparently have the Man of Steel posters ALL over the store, especially at the doors where EVERYone walks in, yet HOW COME so many Wal-Mart employees still don't know what it is, if not their lack of competence?

Is it really that hard to see a HUGE poster when you walk in the door???!!! Or, do you not know how to read what that poster is talking about? (To Wal-Mart employees)

You can hate Wal-Mart's policy, company practice all you want, but the biggest problem I ever have with Wal-Mart all these years is their employees, mostly, CLUELESS, INCOMPETENT! Frustrating as hell to shop there due to this.

Walk into Target, Best Buy, on the other hand, their employees seem to know more of what they are talking about.

You KNOW this is the truth! :)

I swear to you if they hire every single employees of theirs out of college degree, there would NOT be a single case of you feel them disorganized! Believe it or not, intelligence plays a huge role in not ignore a blatantly HUGE Superman poster at the door when you walk in everyday to work *sigh*

Last edited:
I paid for two tickets, I got three... does that mean one of the tickets isn't activated or that I somehow lucked into a third free ticket?

4ue03r.jpg

(Maniacal laugh issues whilst rubbing hands together) Muhahaha.. Muuuuhahhahaha... MMMuuuuuuaahahahahahaha!!!!

which walmart did you go to?
mine didnt have the movie guide

which walmart did you go to?
mine didnt have the movie guide

The new one off Bandera outside the 1604 loop by .6 miles or so. But the one you went to, off 281 and 1604, has the book in the magazine area.

I have a Q that may have been answered already so bare with me;

Are the tickets only for 2D and 3D 2:35 scope showing?

I bought the 3D ones for my local theater that has an IMAX room but I have no idea if the showing at 7 will be IMAX.

I was told by the Wal-mart people it will, but the lack of signage on the passes and the fact that it only cost me $12.50 a ticket has me worried.

I would rather see 2D over general 3D. 3D Imax is the only time I make the exception.

- Jow

I have a Q that may have been answered already so bare with me;

Are the tickets only for 2D and 3D 2:35 scope showing?

I bought the 3D ones for my local theater that has an IMAX room but I have no idea if the showing at 7 will be IMAX.

I was told by the Wal-mart people it will, but the lack of signage on the passes and the fact that it only cost me $12.50 a ticket has me worried.

I would rather see 2D over general 3D. 3D Imax is the only time I make the exception.

- Jow

Nobody knows and/or it depends on the local theater. Like I posted yesterday, I tried asking my local theater if that was the case but they had no idea they were even participating in the premiere despite their name being on the tickets...

I hope they have it in IMAX, but then that would mean they losing out on $5.50 a ticket. So, unfortunately at this point, my logic says it won't be. Unless they are been gracious, and that's all I can hope for... :)

They are NOT offering IMAX tickets! I was told by a Wal Mart employee that ALL Wal Marts involved in this promotion are not offering IMAX tickets.

They are NOT offering IMAX tickets! I was told by a Wal Mart employee that ALL Wal Marts involved in this promotion are not offering IMAX tickets.
Well boo, there goes my interest. I'd rather see it first in IMAX at midnight than a few hours earlier in standard format.

Yeah, and I just tried to exchange them for 2D tickets (which they had in stock still) and they refused to do it for me. I just wrote a strongly worded email to Wal-mart customer service and I'll let you guys know how they respond. My salesguy told me it WAS for IMAX when I bought it - that's why I'm peeved the most.

- Jow

Yeah I never listen to sales people. They don't know what they are talking about. I do research online and everyone told me they only carry 2D or 3D and so when I heard this film wasn't filmed with 3D cameras and even Zack said he prefers 2D I was like ok that saved me money lol 2D it is. I'll go to IMAX the next day anyways lol

The geek community here in southern Louisiana is an enigma. You never know where a throng of people will appear to wait in line or for what event. Since I'm a huge Superman fan, I decided I'd be on the safe side and get to the WM selling tickets to the theater where I want to see MOS early.

I wasn't sure how early to get there, so I decided to set the ol' alarm for 530 and then snooze until 6 if I could. Since I get up at 5 on weekdays, I awoke and found I couldn't go back to sleep. The excitement over getting my MOS tickets also kept me awake. I dressed and arrived to the WM at 630.

The signs for the advanced screening have been up for weeks now at all the WMs in our area. Most WMs have also had the displays with the tshirts and other stuff up as well. I talk to people at customer service who have no idea what I'm talking about, but they direct me to the photo lab, where I meet a very excited manager. She tells me I'm the first there and that they're hoping for a big turnout.

I read Superman comics on my Comixology app for an hour and half. At 756, a guy comes up behind me and says, "Is this the line for the tickets?" It's just me and him at 8 AM. I get my tickets and another classic t-shirt (can never have too many) and head out. I see a few more people buying tickets on the way out, but no line, no big turnout.

There wasn't a cake and while some employees had capes, they told me they had to return them after the promotion. Not sure if that's the case or not, but it seems they wanted to keep them for themselves, based on what I've read here and elsewhere.

I don't think the early screening sales are an indication of anything with this film. Think about it: outside of we diehard fans, even those who knew about this promotion aren't going to get up early to get tickets to a weeknight showing when they will more than likely wait to see a movie on the weekend.

That's why I think it's very important for us fans to spread the word. I have a strong feeling that MOS will be the surprise hit of the summer, but I think a lot of that will depend on positive word of mouth. I remember the feeling I had when I encourage people to go see Superman Returns and then found it hard to recommend it again after the first viewing.

I think MOS will do for Superman what Batman Begins did for Batman. I'm a writer and on-air personality for two stations in my area, so I'm going to write a review for our sites and hopefully, if I'm on air on opening day, I'll be able to plug the film as well.

A pic of my tickets with my Movie Masters! (Waiting on armored Zod and shackled Zod)

photopaw.jpg

Last edited:
So I go in today on a Sunday to Walmart and see if tickets were still being sold and to my surprise they were, got there at 10:24am and waited for like 15-20 minutes for them to bring out some tickets, you'd think they would have them at the register because it began on Saturday.

But I finally got my ticket for the 2D showing and the employee was at least courteous and aware that I was waiting for the tickets.

With this special screening and obvious lack of TV commercial airtime I wonder how big a turnout this will be, hopefully not many people know about it so I can get a good seat and maybe have the theater all to myself. :p

So I go in today on a Sunday to Walmart and see if tickets were still being sold and to my surprise they were, got there at 10:24am and waited for like 15-20 minutes for them to bring out some tickets, you'd think they would have them at the register because it began on Saturday.

But I finally got my ticket for the 2D showing and the employee was at least courteous and aware that I was waiting for the tickets.

With this special screening and obvious lack of TV commercial airtime I wonder how big a turnout this will be, hopefully not many people know about it so I can get a good seat and maybe have the theater all to myself. :p

That would be nice. It would be funny if the 7pm showings were only like half full.

Hmmm, it is tempting to check some wal marts to see if any tickets are still available but I just know something will come up at the last minute to either cause me to be late or miss the movie all together. So I'm sticking with the midnight plan!

Personally, I don't think it's a matter of organized or not at all. But more of COMPETENCE of the employees at Wal-Mart as a whole not better than Target's.

The company, apparently have the Man of Steel posters ALL over the store, especially at the doors where EVERYone walks in, yet HOW COME so many Wal-Mart employees still don't know what it is, if not their lack of competence?

Is it really that hard to see a HUGE poster when you walk in the door???!!! Or, do you not know how to read what that poster is talking about? (To Wal-Mart employees)

You can hate Wal-Mart's policy, company practice all you want, but the biggest problem I ever have with Wal-Mart all these years is their employees, mostly, CLUELESS, INCOMPETENT! Frustrating as hell to shop there due to this.

Walk into Target, Best Buy, on the other hand, their employees seem to know more of what they are talking about.

You KNOW this is the truth! :)

I swear to you if they hire every single employees of theirs out of college degree, there would NOT be a single case of you feel them disorganized! Believe it or not, intelligence plays a huge role in not ignore a blatantly HUGE Superman poster at the door when you walk in everyday to work *sigh*
Sorry, I can't blame them. I used to work for Walmart as a manager, and I quit in disgust. You get what you pay for, and Walmart's pay is deplorable (seriously, the average cashier there makes about 8 dollars an hour. The 6 heirs of Sam Walton are worth a combined total of 90 billion dollars). How many college graduates are going to be lining up to work for 8 ****ing dollars an hour, and part time at that (and yeah, it's policy now: if you aren't in management, you aren't full-time, and you get no benefits. PERIOD)? The infrastructure of the company doesn't allow for actually telling its depressed, starving employees what the hell is going on. It's a failure that starts at the top of the food chain, not with the poor SOB's stuck at the bottom just trying to survive. We as department managers had to get our promotional news from outside sources. There were no emails sent to us, no snail mail. No one knows what the hell is going on there until its right on top of them. Informing the stores would mean the fat cats up top would have to actually spend some of their precious money. I hate to agree with the hippies, but Walmart is pure ****ing evil. You should view those clueless employees with pity and sympathy.

Sorry, I can't blame them. I used to work for Walmart as a manager, and I quit in disgust. You get what you pay for, and Walmart's pay is deplorable (seriously, the average cashier there makes about 8 dollars an hour. The 6 heirs of Sam Walton are worth a combined total of 90 billion dollars). How many college graduates are going to be lining up to work for 8 ****ing dollars an hour, and part time at that (and yeah, it's policy now: if you aren't in management, you aren't full-time, and you get no benefits. PERIOD)? The infrastructure of the company doesn't allow for actually telling its depressed, starving employees what the hell is going on. It's a failure that starts at the top of the food chain, not with the poor SOB's stuck at the bottom just trying to survive. We as department managers had to get our promotional news from outside sources. There were no emails sent to us, no snail mail. No one knows what the hell is going on there until its right on top of them. Informing the stores would mean the fat cats up top would have to actually spend some of their precious money. I hate to agree with the hippies, but Walmart is pure ****ing evil. You should view those clueless employees with pity and sympathy.

Oh I do. I just about go out of my way and not bother the employees there because I know what they are going through. You don't really know how bad customers/people can be until you've worked in this type of environment.

Oh I do. I just about go out of my way and not bother the employees there because I know what they are going through. You don't really know how bad customers/people can be until you've worked in this type of environment.
Yeah if I don't see what I"m looking for I just go somewhere else, I'm not the type to ask employees to search their stock rooms for something unless it's really important like the MOS ticket screening for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"