The Elder Scrolls VI

yay I’m so glad you’ve discovered it! It’s wonderful! I think people get frightened off a bit because of all the jokes about 100 hours of gameplay.

yes it would be nice if they did something about the combat but hopefully for the next one. I think that would be the easiest way for them to somersault over already high expectations
It definitely needs to be an area of focus for improvement.

Skyrim introduced me to the world of Elder Scrolls and loved it but ESO is actually what completely got me into the whole mythology. Eventually found Oblivion on xbox gamepass

When Elder Scrolls 6 was teased at E3 like two years ago, I was instantly hyped and still am since it's going to be on next gen
Yeah, one of my most hyped titles of all.

Question for people who are more in the know... why isn't ESO considered Elder Scrolls VI? It's such a huge game that it's just weird that it's not officially part of the main series.

Question for people who are more in the know... why isn't ESO considered Elder Scrolls VI? It's such a huge game that it's just weird that it's not officially part of the main series.

The main TES sage is made by Bethesda Game Studios. They run chronologically and are set at the end of the Third Era and early Fourth Era of Tamriel. ESO is developed by a different developer and is set in the past in the Second Era of Tamriel. It is in essence a prequel to the main series. The main series is single player only as well and making ESO an entry in the main sage would have alienated a lot of fans (like myself).

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thank you! I didn't notice that it wasn't developed by Bethesda.

I wonder when they start voice casting for this? I bet a bunch of game of thrones actors are going to be called up

Definitely right up there for me, and probably no.1 of all future upcoming games we know about.

Starfield is coming too, which im super super super hyped for. I think that will also give us our first look at how TES VI will play and feel.

I wonder if it’s too soon to expect something at e3?

Do any of the games give a definitive reason for the disappearance of the Dwemer? If not, I hope the next game really delves into that.

yeah, this is what I said the other day. both Starfield and ES VI will be years away.

and now that we know Starfield will come first, it's possible ES VI could be more towards the end of the next-gen cycle. so maybe 5-6 years away, with Starfield hopefully 2-3 years away.

the upside, as you said in the other thread, is that this means ES VI will be more likely to better take advantage of next gen capabilities.

I expected this mainly because Starfield is their next big next gen RPG. I think once people see Starfield, they'll understand why Elder Scrolls VI is taking so long. I think when these games do finally come out, they'll be groundbreaking.
Yeah, all sounds good. It's a shame they can't just double the size of their personnel so they can get all these games out quicker. :cwink:

Well ****. Still having fun with Skyrim and ESO but still majorly sucks

They need to have a team dedicated to this game! Employ more talented devs. These game will sell.

Also they could give strong rewards transferable to ESO if they wanted to make even more money out of it.

On the bright side for those of us who play Skyrim on PC, this gives the Beyond Skyrim team several more years before ES VI draws most of the modders away from the project to work on a new game. The work they've done is absolutely incredible so far and I really hope this gives them the time to finish at least one or two of their bigger regions.

On the bright side for those of us who play Skyrim on PC, this gives the Beyond Skyrim team several more years before ES VI draws most of the modders away from the project to work on a new game. The work they've done is absolutely incredible so far and I really hope this gives them the time to finish at least one or two of their bigger regions.
What are the best mods they came up with for Skyrim? I'm always interested in seeing what they're capable of and how much better they can make the game look.

What are the best mods they came up with for Skyrim? I'm always interested in seeing what they're capable of and how much better they can make the game look.
The Beyond Skyrim team is currently in the process of building the various regions of Tamriel, so far they've released Beyond Skyrim: Bruma, which is basically just a demo of their significantly larger Cyrodiil project, despite just being a fraction of the intended project the mod on its own is still massive and of incredibly high quality and will feature its own full questlines. Their youtube page has some really incredible stuff on it, not the least of which is the six hours of music they just posted from their Iliac Bay project, the full scale of their work will probably end up surpassing the base game.

Best Skyrim mod though is probably Enderal, a full length game of its own set in its own world with its own lore and a main storyline that makes Skyrim's main quest look pathetic. It even managed to get its own Steam page that coincided with the release of a DLC for it that added more questlines.

Last edited:
The Beyond Skyrim team is currently in the process of building the various regions of Tamriel, so far they've released Beyond Skyrim: Bruma, which is basically just a demo of their significantly larger Cyrodiil project, despite just being a fraction of the intended project the mod on its own is still massive and of incredibly high quality and will feature its own full questlines. Their youtube page has some really incredible stuff on it, not the least of which is the six hours of music they just posted from their Iliac Bay project, the full scale of their work will probably end up surpassing the base game.

Best Skyrim mod though is probably Enderal, a full length game of its own set in its own world with its own lore and a main storyline that makes Skyrim's main quest look pathetic. It even managed to get its own Steam page that coincided with the release of a DLC for it that added more questlines.

Awesome stuff. Bethesda should hire these guys! Also that would help them get these games out faster.

Easily my most anticipated game of all time, and I truly believe it's gonna be something special. Todd saying that the engine overhaul is even larger than morrowind to oblivion is very telling. I can't wait!

Tonnes of awesome stuff up there. TES6 and Starfield are right up there with my most anticipated games. Skyrim is still good today so I can’t imagine how much better 6 will be 2 generations later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"