The Elder Scrolls VI

I'd be down for two or three larger cities with lots of content versus Skyrim's numerous but tiny cities. add a few small villages between each city with a couple smaller sidequests each and that'd be enough. As for the size and density of the region itself, that kinda depends on what region (or possibly regions) they're using

I think it'll mainly be Hammerfell/High Rock. I'm honestly expecting this game to be massive, and with the addition of Bethesda now using quixel megascan photogrammetry, it's gonna look absolutely gorgeous in every way. Todd said he wants this game to be replayable for a decade AT LEAST, so I think everything they are planning will be groundbreaking.

I think it'll mainly be Hammerfell/High Rock. I'm honestly expecting this game to be massive, and with the addition of Bethesda now using quixel megascan photogrammetry, it's gonna look absolutely gorgeous in every way. Todd said he wants this game to be replayable for a decade AT LEAST, so I think everything they are planning will be groundbreaking.
What can that new technology do? (I'm very interested)

I'd be down for two or three larger cities with lots of content versus Skyrim's numerous but tiny cities. add a few small villages between each city with a couple smaller sidequests each and that'd be enough. As for the size and density of the region itself, that kinda depends on what region (or possibly regions) they're using
I'd like 2 or 3 mega cities, and then we still get the small towns we got with Skyrim all over the place. Villages too between cities, cool.

What can that new technology do? (I'm very interested)
Well they are keeping a lot of the new tech under wraps, but photogrammetry is gonna make the game look life like in a lot of ways. Think better than Battlefront 2 or Battlefield V, and those 2 games currently use the tech. They take photos of real life and then scan it into the game to make things seem more real. That goes for faces too! This is an example of quixel megascan, which is what Bethesda is going to be using. it gives you an idea of whats capable with Photogrammetry and how Elder Scrolls VI could potentially look. its funny, the person who made this video obviously wasn't aware of the fact that Bethesda would end up be using the same tech

Last edited:
Well they are keeping a lot of the new tech under wraps, but photogrammetry is gonna make the game look life like in a lot of ways. Think better than Battlefront 2 or Battlefield V, and those 2 games currently use the tech. They take photos of real life and then scan it into the game to make things seem more real. That goes for faces too! This is an example of quixel megascan, which is what Bethesda is going to be using. it gives you an idea of whats capable with Photogrammetry and how Elder Scrolls VI could potentially look. its funny, the person who made this video obviously wasn't aware of the fact that Bethesda would end up be using the same tech

That looks amazing!! I can’t imagine playing an Elder Scrolls game in an environment that looks so lifelike and natural.

Me too haha. it could be downscaled for consoles, but with how powerful the next gen consoles seem to be, it may not have to be. But yeah, the Elder Scrolls VI most certainly could potentially look like that with the new tech haha. That's one of the many reasons I think the game is taking so long

Me too haha. it could be downscaled for consoles, but with how powerful the next gen consoles seem to be, it may not have to be. But yeah, the Elder Scrolls VI most certainly could potentially look like that with the new tech haha. That's one of the many reasons I think the game is taking so long
At least it will be worth the wait if it’s anything like this. Thanks for your info :up:

At least it will be worth the wait if it’s anything like this. Thanks for your info :up:
Agreed! No problem, man. This is my most hyped game of all time so I want Bethesda to take as long as they need for it to be perfect.

I'm currently replaying Skyrim and all of a sudden my npcs stopped talking with each other. I don't know why. This isn't even the worst bug I've encountered in an Elder Scrolls game.

Screw the dwarves and the crab monsters and large cities... just give me a less bugged game. As a console peasant who can't use mods I'd really appreciate it.

I'm currently replaying Skyrim and all of a sudden my npcs stopped talking with each other. I don't know why. This isn't even the worst bug I've encountered in an Elder Scrolls game.

Screw the dwarves and the crab monsters and large cities... just give me a less bugged game. As a console peasant who can't use mods I'd really appreciate it.
I have an xbox one and I'm able to use mods.

I have an xbox one and I'm able to use mods.
The console is not the problem, my internet connection is. It isn't very good and that's why I usually keep my PlayStation offline and can't download mods.

But what does that matter anyway, I should be able to finish a game without using mods. To this day I'm still mad that I had to give up on Oblivion's Shivering Isles dlc because of a gamebreaking bug.

The console is not the problem, my internet connection is. It isn't very good and that's why I usually keep my PlayStation offline and can't download mods.

But what does that matter anyway, I should be able to finish a game without using mods. To this day I'm still mad that I had to give up on Oblivion's Shivering Isles dlc because of a gamebreaking bug.
Damn, that sucks man. Completely understand your issue now.

Lol, it's not that big of a deal. I'm just annoyed at Bethesda because theirs are the only rpgs that I have so much trouble finishing.

Solid gameplay in first and third person would be nice. Bethesda aiming for a target they can actually hit would also be nice. And more involved stats. Health magic stamina is not gonna cut it. I don't need ten different stats, but at least 5. Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Charisma and Constitution are all indispensable IMO, though I'm sure others have more.

Solid gameplay in first and third person would be nice. Bethesda aiming for a target they can actually hit would also be nice. And more involved stats. Health magic stamina is not gonna cut it. I don't need ten different stats, but at least 5. Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Charisma and Constitution are all indispensable IMO, though I'm sure others have more.
10 isn’t so many. Bring on the stats I say!

I'll compromise with seven. What would they be?

Also, no making buildings side game BS. If it's there, at least make it completely optional.

Also, no making buildings side game BS. If it's there, at least make it completely optional.
You mean the manors? I'm pretty sure you don't have to build them if you don't want to.

Ever the late bloomer, I just started playing the Elder Scrolls games and I'm obsessed. I love love LOVE Skyrim and ESO is also really good. However, after experiencing the brilliance that is combat in the Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War games, I have to say that Bethesda needs to improve the fighting in these games. Everything else is damn near perfect, but as was said earlier, it's frustrating as hell when your sword can't seem to hit things right in front of you and turning to fight your enemies can be an issue. But an ES game that has the attacking and blocking capabilities of Shadow of War could possible be the greatest RPG of all time, for my money.

Skyrim introduced me to the world of Elder Scrolls and loved it but ESO is actually what completely got me into the whole mythology. Eventually found Oblivion on xbox gamepass

When Elder Scrolls 6 was teased at E3 like two years ago, I was instantly hyped and still am since it's going to be on next gen

I cant get excited about this being next gen, because Bethesda is using the same archaic game engine they used for Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Fallout 76. Fallout 76 looks like **** even on high end game rig PCs.

I cant get excited about this being next gen, because Bethesda is using the same archaic game engine they used for Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Fallout 76. Fallout 76 looks like **** even on high end game rig PCs.
Skyrim looked decent though on the old engine. And 2 gens worth of souping up the visuals from that should still be a treat.

Last edited:
Ever the late bloomer, I just started playing the Elder Scrolls games and I'm obsessed. I love love LOVE Skyrim and ESO is also really good. However, after experiencing the brilliance that is combat in the Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War games, I have to say that Bethesda needs to improve the fighting in these games. Everything else is damn near perfect, but as was said earlier, it's frustrating as hell when your sword can't seem to hit things right in front of you and turning to fight your enemies can be an issue. But an ES game that has the attacking and blocking capabilities of Shadow of War could possible be the greatest RPG of all time, for my money.

yay I’m so glad you’ve discovered it! It’s wonderful! I think people get frightened off a bit because of all the jokes about 100 hours of gameplay.

yes it would be nice if they did something about the combat but hopefully for the next one. I think that would be the easiest way for them to somersault over already high expectations

yay I’m so glad you’ve discovered it! It’s wonderful! I think people get frightened off a bit because of all the jokes about 100 hours of gameplay.

yes it would be nice if they did something about the combat but hopefully for the next one. I think that would be the easiest way for them to somersault over already high expectations

It’s funny; huge games like that might scare people off but it’s actually what makes me love it so much. I love how immersive the world is and how rich the story is. THESE are the games that should be adapted into movies and TV shows, not stuff that barely has a story to begin with like Street Fighter or even Sonic, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"