Comics The elephant in the room.

You have like Marvel stock or something? Stop. Trolling.
Aloha,
Anyone who has Marvel stock (as I do), knows that JoeQ has bosses way above him who call the final shots.
Spidey rules

That word is so overused it doesn't even mean anything anymore.

No I take it back. I'm pretty sure it means that you don't want to debate the points someone has made so you call them that to dismiss them. It's a dismissive term.

I did debate it with him. Even tried to give the guy some good advice.

DONALDT:
Anyone who has Marvel stock (as I do), knows that JoeQ has bosses way above him who call the final shots.

Well...i bet if you asked the main stock holders, or his main "bosses" if Spidey is single or married, half of them won't know.

I know with my boss, he lets all the head department people make decisions and only gets involved with particulars when there is a MAJOR problemo somewhere down the line.

This is Joe Q's baby, OMD/BND, period, and he has said that all along, before it came out and after, so I don't know why people at times try to blame in on someone else...and anyway...Joe should get the "credit" for it, since the reboot is so good, and not "blame" the mysterious guys in suits. I say, let's blame the janitors!!! :cwink:

An excerpt from a recent AICN interview with Howard Mackie:

Matt Adler: Was the Clone Saga intended to be a way to get back to Spider-Man being single, as some have said?

Howard Mackie: My recollection is that the return to the single Spider-Man did enter the conversation eventually, but it was not the intent of the story when pitched, though it did seem to be an ideal way to bring that end goal about.

Matt Adler: Do you recall how that idea came about? Did you support it, and what were your thoughts in general on the issue of Spider-Man/Peter Parker being married?

Howard Mackie: I cannot tell you specifically how that conversation came about, but I do know that it has been an ongoing part of every Spider-Man writer/editorial meeting ever since Spider-Man and MJ tied the knot.

Source: AICN

Howard Mackie: I cannot tell you specifically how that conversation came about, but I do know that it has been an ongoing part of every Spider-Man writer/editorial meeting ever since Spider-Man and MJ tied the knot.

This explains a lot. Quite a sad quote really.

If they were good writers, they'd spend time in "every writer meeting" trying to come up with good stories, instead of ways to use white-out.

Wah wah. This quote angers me a bit actually, that as soon as they tied the knot, they are admiting working on finding ways to NOT write a good marriage story, refusing to explore, wasting time, every meeting. It is NOT that HARD to incorperate a healthy common marriage into "life".

What the heck is up with that??? :whatever:

What a bunch of sad sad folks here, admiting their incompetance. If I had been their boss at "every meeting" I'd have fired them & hired some good writers with imagination, since marriage is a far out sci-fi concept....!

Not to mention, their other attempt to get rid of the marriage failed utterly. BUT LET"S FORGET ABOUT FAILED ATTEMPTS AND WHAT THE FANS WANT! DESTROY IT AGAIN GUYS! WE"LL TALK NEXT MEETING! LOL...good grief.

Good thing these guys didn't write for FF or somethin'....:csad:

I hope BND sticks around forever. Watching some of the meltdowns here is more entertaining than reading the comic itself.

If they were good writers, they'd spend time in "every writer meeting" trying to come up with good stories, instead of ways to use white-out.

Wah wah. This quote angers me a bit actually, that as soon as they tied the knot, they are admiting working on finding ways to NOT write a good marriage story, refusing to explore, wasting time, every meeting. It is NOT that HARD to incorperate a healthy common marriage into "life".

What a bunch of sad sad folks here, admiting their incompetance. If I had been their boss at "every meeting" I'd have fired them & hired some good writers with imagination, since marriage is a far out sci-fi concept....!

Not to mention, their other attempt to get rid of the marriage failed utterly. BUT LET"S FORGET ABOUT FAILED ATTEMPTS AND WHAT THE FANS WANT! DESTROY IT AGAIN GUYS! WE"LL TALK NEXT MEETING! LOL...good grief.

There's a reason why Johnny Storm isn't married

Yeah. Cause then we'd probably end up with Johnny marrying someone who ends up being a Skrull and then divorcing. Or Ben getting engaged to someone who'll leave him at the altar. ;)

Only people who are married and stayed married on that team are the two that were since before Day 1.

Yeah. Cause then we'd probably end up with Johnny marrying someone who ends up being a Skrull and then divorcing. Or Ben getting engaged to someone who'll leave him at the altar. ;)

Only people who are married and stayed married on that team are the two that were since before Day 1.

Stinkin' skrulls, undermining the Holy institution of marriage. Probably liberals, the whole lot of 'em.....

It does make me wonder if Johnny could get his marriage annulled, or is he a divorcee ?

Actually, am I imagining things, but do I remember that being brought up in the recent "Secret Invasion - Fantastic Four" mini? Didn't Lyja say something like "y'know, technically we're still married"?

Crap... they deleted the criticism thread in the Comics forums... I had a great Charlie Brown acronym in it...

:o

You are very angry there, nudie. I think you may be reading into that quote a little too much. In an interview that Mackie did, along with Tom Defalco, on the Spider-Man Crawlspace podcast they went over the same thing.

It's something that was brought up in every writer/editorial meeting. It's not like that's what the entire topic of the meetings are. Tom Defalco gave a bit of how the inner workings of a Spider-meeting went and it was quite interesting. Especially when Mr. Defalco was editor-in-chief.

They actually brought up, once the Clone Saga got off the ground, how the marketing department hounded them to keep it going as long as possible, since the sales of the books were through the roof. Mackie and Defalco said that the plan became "Make Reilly the "original" Peter Parker. Make Peter Parker the "cloned Spider-Man". Peter would retire with Mary Jane, have the child, and live happily ever after. Ben Reilly would take over the Spider-Man duties. Single Spider-Man. Peter Parker lives happily ever after.

And, of course...we all know how that went over. :oldrazz:

I think you are reading too much into that like there has been this giant conspiracy to end the marriage since it was created. I mean that is one long and horrid conspiracy considering it lasted 20 years.

Yeh Siat.....it just irked me i guess, that as soon as they tied the knot, the way they said it, they are working on getting rid of it, instead of working with the possibilities of a bold new dynamic.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Crap... they deleted the criticism thread in the Comics forums... I had a great Charlie Brown acronym in it...

:o

:huh:

Wasn't that created by a mod? I thought that would make it, well, mod-proof.

It's a good thing, though. They needed the bandwidth for a new BND poll!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"