Justice League Will There Ever Be A Solo Superman Film After Justice League?

BlueLanternKal

Super-Lex
Reaction score
Everybody's talking about Batman solo this and Ben Affleck is directing that. Red Hood. Court of Owls. Hush. So on and so forth.

Where's the Man of Steel 2, Last Son of Krypton, or Man of Tomorrow talk?

Any thoughts on the subject? While I'm still excited for JL and the DCU slate I can't shake the feeling the Superman is getting short-changed.

When WB announced their DC slate.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...e#.VQMg2Y5J1qD

And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

• “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
  • “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
  • “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
  • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
  • “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
  • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
  • “Shazam” (2019)
  • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
  • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
  • “Green Lantern” (2020)

You want to talk about the Superman solo? Here you go, link to the section.

http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=699

[/ thread]

Or they haven't. You don't know but that's the last offical word. We're getting a Superman solo.

In your first response to the question you posed, you get a definitive answer and yet I'm the bad guy.

Last edited:
In the hands of Zack Snyder, a mixed Superman movie got around 660 million. So a really well liked movie fanwise/critic wise could get to 700+million. But I think BVS is going to put a dent in these character's popularity. The movie got panned by critics, it'll take a good JL to reaffirm Batman/Superman to top status.

But I do see a Superman movie coming, the guy has been making WB money for years, maybe not consistently huge money, but somewhere post JL we will see Superman again.

This is probably the biggest concern I have now. I'm less confident there will be a solo movie. Just give me one more solo movie and I'll accept whatever they have slated for the rest of the DC universe.

Probably not.

GA reaction to Supes was muted in both MOS and BvS and SR. Its hard for me to see WB investing 250 million in another solo. TW shareholders would probably not be happy with that.

Probably not.

GA reaction to Supes was muted in both MOS and BvS and SR. Its hard for me to see WB investing 250 million in another solo. TW shareholders would probably not be happy with that.

You guys are crazy to thank there won't be another Superman solo film. With the right director this movie will make bank. Just think about a mix MOS movie did 650 Million. A non-mix will do 800-billion. To get there, WB needs a Director that will make the movie light, fun, action pack, and showcase what makes Superman great. No more grainy movie theme and conflicted Superman. People need to watch Superman and will hopeful and excited. no matter who pushes his bottom he doesn't fold and always fight for human kind. Also, Bruce/Batman will cameo in some scenes as well as some of the other league member and you have yourself a BO hit.

Probably not.

GA can be fickle. If he's portrayed well in JL then there's a chance he'd get another solo movie. Sadly it depends on how Snyder decides to use him and that means keeping my expectation low.

I was hopeful that a Man of Steel sequel would come about before 2020, until Zack at the end of last year made this point in an interview:

So where does that leave Man of Steel 2 in the mix?

“I think in a way Batman v Superman is Man of Steel 2,” said Snyder, making it sound like a standalone Superman sequel is definitely not DC’s highest priority right now. “Justice League is kind of the transcendent, knights-of-the-round-table of the story. It’d be interesting to think about what a standalone Superman movie might be.”

http://jam.canoe.com/Movies/2015/09/10/22550371.html

Though I would love a MOS sequel sooner rather than later, and it was something I was thinking about while watching BvS, so that more time could be spent on the Metropolis characters.

But now I think that Superman's story will be too tied up in the team-up stories and we will have to wait until JL2 is over (I'd love to be wrong though.) And it was a bit of a bummer that

I'd say earliest if production starts before JL 2018, but latest 2019 if production starts after JL.

Superman is a moneymaker
Just not a consistent one.

Right now I'd say no. WB and Snyder have doubled down on a grim unlikable underdeveloped Superman and both are too clueless to get that's why people aren't responding well to the character.

Largely depends on JL films. They did a good job reintroducing him, but he didn't do anything, that people didn't expect from him in two films. Same old good deeds, flying and insane powers. There's no intrigue about him so far, outside his resurrection.

According to Snyder, Roven, Cavill they're thinking about it, and also factoring BVS's performance into it....,

Sure, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice technically classifies as a sequel to Man of Steel, but it can't really be called a standalone Superman film. With the DCEU schedule already filled out for the 4 years, what are the chances of Superman anchoring another standalone film before Cavill's time as Kal-el is up. Zack Snyder stated, "I think if we can get a good script, it would be great to get a standalone Superman movie. I think that would be fun to do...Part of the reason we didn't announce a standalone superhero movie is to support some of the event of [Batman v Superman]. "

When asked the same question, Henry Cavill replied, "I do believe it depends on the success of this movie. If this goes well then we can start to negotiate with Warner Bros. for a standalone Superman movie. But they've got their plans set out for other stuff and Justice Leagues and various other movies, so it's about finding the time, really. It's something that I would be very keen to do."

DCEU producer Charles Roven stated that internal discussions are actually taking place right now about whether it makes sense for another standalone Superman movie. "We're in the process of looking at that, but we don't have it on the schedule at the moment because we're quite busy with the movies that we have scheduled."

"we don't have it on the schedule at the moment because we're quite busy with the movies that we have scheduled."

well, there you go.
:(

There will be at least two more movies featuring Superman. He's the only DC character so far, who had a solo film. Come on... Don't be so greedy.

There will be at least two more movies featuring Superman. He's the only DC character so far, who had a solo film. Come on... Don't be so greedy.
If JL's still happening, you mean?:o

If not, Cavill only has another movie in his contract, which could be WW cameo for all we know.

Last edited:
- What are we talking about here, then ? Must there be a Superman solo movie ?
- ... there is. :o

I'm sure Cavill wants to play Superman as long as possible. But I don't think WB will make a solo movie before JL2 so maybe 2020 or 2021. On the other hand I can imagine Affleck's Batman in '18-19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"