Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

I'm more of a drama driven fan so superhero films that have more drama than action are my favorite superhero films. That said, idk how the MCU fanbase will embrace that. A lot of fans call anything that has atleast 5 mins of straight dialogue "boring". I'm curious to see how this turns out

I'm more of a drama driven fan so superhero films that have more drama than action are my favorite superhero films. That said, idk how the MCU fanbase will embrace that. A lot of fans call anything that has atleast 5 mins of straight dialogue "boring". I'm curious to see how this turns out

I guess we're going to see the first test of 13 years of goodwill for Marvel. If they can get mainstream fans to buy into a superhero Ben Hur then this might open the floodgates for more "un-MCU" like MCU films.

there are more mixed reactions out there than Shang-Chi did.
which is imo expected as this is chloe zhao's film.

Eternals was hated in some film twitter for a year because of chloe zhao/oscar talk and they don't want marvel to be seen as serious cinema.
pretty much everyone said this is most un-marvel film ever, so it might be less entertaining to marvel fans, but still too marvel for serious critics.

Sounds like the crowds for this film may be flooded with a group of fans looking to see a potentially 2-minute cameo.

I wish it was longer.

1.Iron man
2. Captain America Winter Soldier
3. Black Panther
3. Avengers infinity War
4. Avengers End game
5. The Eternals
Is this a Top 6 or is there a tie for number 3 between Black Panther and IW.

So even though I see a high placing on your ratings I also see a couple of things that don’t line up at all with my own personal preference. So I do wonder how will Eternals work for me.

there are more mixed reactions out there than Shang-Chi did.
which is imo expected as this is chloe zhao's film.

Eternals was hated in some film twitter for a year because of chloe zhao/oscar talk and they don't want marvel to be seen as serious cinema.
pretty much everyone said this is most un-marvel film ever, so it might be less entertaining to marvel fans, but still too marvel for serious critics.

I personally didn't care for Nomadland and was shocked at all the Oscar love it got. Which is why I was kinda confused by Denis comments when he was praising marvel for hiring her because she's so different. I personally prefer Ryan Coogler & Taika's work outside the MCU over hers. But If this film has great world building with a healthy dose of drama then I'm gonna love it.

"Making a film sometimes is really, really hard, and there are days where I just cannot get off the ground, and Kevin will always say to me, "Remember the fans, we're doing this for the fans", and that always gets me going. So, we're doing this for you! Thank you so much for always supporting Marvel." — Chloé Zhao

So glad that she is a part of the MCU.
One thing that you have to say for Marvel, They sure know how to class up the joint, Chole Zhao. Ryan Coogler,Kenneth Branagh. Tony Leung, Anthony Hopkins RDJ, Jeff Bridges, Benedict Cumberbatch Benedict Wong Rachel Mcadams,Tilda Swinton.Edward Norton,Mark Ruffalo,Tatiana Maslany, Brie Larson.Elizabeth Olson, Paul Bettany Oscar Isaac, Cate Blanchett, Tommy Lee Jones, Toby Jones,Robert Redford.Angelina Jolie, Brie Larson, SLJ. Salma Hayek,, Chadwick Boseman, Michael B.Jordan,Michael Pena,Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lily, Michelle Pieffer, Jonathan Majors, Tom Hiddleston, Forrest Whittaker.Scarlett Johannsson,Florence, Pugh.
the list goes On & On, ETERNALLY!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"