The Expanse

Anyway, I got unreasonably giddy with Melba's flashbacks.
It's great to have Florence Faivre back for a bit, and to see the whole Mao clan have their falling out. It's one thing to read about it on Julie's rap sheet like Miller did, but it's quite another to watch the actors and their chemistry, especially the sisters. I was also curious if they were going to amp up Melba's motivation beyond "he hurt daddy," but it doesn't look like it.
I haven't' read any of the books, so this is purely speculation, but I ... speculate that she'll end up against her dear old Dad one way or another; maybe she'll even have an encounter with (what's left of) Julie? Much like Holden is with Miller.

I didn't find this episode to be anti-climactic at all. Lots of intrigue and I loved seeing some of Melba's backstory with the Mao clan.

Okay, watching the newest ep, I remembered that I actually did recognize the actress (from Warehouse 13), but if I'd bothered to indulge my curiosity and check who she was playing, I wouldn't be over here wondering "Gosh, where's Tilly??" :huh: :whatever:

Anyway, I got unreasonably giddy with Melba's flashbacks.
It's great to have Florence Faivre back for a bit, and to see the whole Mao clan have their falling out. It's one thing to read about it on Julie's rap sheet like Miller did, but it's quite another to watch the actors and their chemistry, especially the sisters. I was also curious if they were going to amp up Melba's motivation beyond "he hurt daddy," but it doesn't look like it.

Honestly I just cant put up with her ****. Her shockingly selfish sociopathic ******** in the face of overwhelming facts, evidence and common sense is beyond irritating.

Her father is a mass murdering mad scientist, a warmonger, and a war profiteer. Mao may be responsible for the single largest genocide committed against humans. She can still love her father. That I get. But to hate Holden for stopping Mao...nah she can **** right off with that horse****. Mao was a grown ass man. He made his criminal, awful life choices and he and his family is paying for that. She should be happy that someone stopped him before he could kill millions more.

Honestly I just cant put up with her ****. Her shockingly selfish sociopathic ******** in the face of overwhelming facts, evidence and common sense is beyond irritating.

Her father is a mass murdering mad scientist, a warmonger, and a war profiteer. Mao may be responsible for the single largest genocide committed against humans. She can still love her father. That I get. But to hate Holden for stopping Mao...nah she can **** right off with that horse****. Mao was a grown ass man. He made his criminal, awful life choices and he and his family is paying for that. She should be happy that someone stopped him before he could kill millions more.

I mean yeah. Obviously.

Damn, Drummer's speech got me wanting to run through a brick wall.

Same here. "We are Belters. Wherever we go, that's where we belong," gave me chills.

And yeah, it was a quieter episode than the previous ones, but not every episode is going to feel like a season finale. I'm fine with it.

I haven't' read any of the books, so this is purely speculation, but I ... speculate that she'll end up against her dear old Dad one way or another; maybe she'll even have an encounter with (what's left of) Julie? Much like Holden is with Miller.
I was wondering about that same thing [BLACKOUT]when reading the book. Big missed opportunity there, and I hope the show takes advantage.[/BLACKOUT]

The Extreme Measures the Fandom Took to Save the Show and How it Effected Amazon's Decision to Save the Show.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/fans-of-the-expanse-may-have-annoyed-amazon-into-bringi-1826729608/amp

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/16/fans-of-the-expanse-rent-a-plane-to-fly-over-amazon-studios

In these times of absolutely toxic fandoms its nice to see a fandom unite for a property. It's also nice to know that Amazon was swayed by the fans I side and outside of the entertainment industry.

The Extreme Measures the Fandom Took to Save the Show and How it Effected Amazon's Decision to Save the Show.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/fans-of-the-expanse-may-have-annoyed-amazon-into-bringi-1826729608/amp

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/16/fans-of-the-expanse-rent-a-plane-to-fly-over-amazon-studios

In these times of absolutely toxic fandoms its nice to see a fandom unite for a property. It's also nice to know that Amazon was swayed by the fans I side and outside of the entertainment industry.
Great result nonetheless. ;)

Looking ahead at the episode descriptions, it sounds like they'll make it all the way to the end of book 3 this season. So that'll be a first.

How is Miller speaking so coherently to Holden? Before, he could only communicate elliptically by recalling past conversations. And he would disappear once the PM suspected he was becoming too proficient.

It was funny how Holden only became suspicious of Miller when he told him to complete the connection. I would have been second guessing the ghost long before that.

How is Miller speaking so coherently to Holden? Before, he could only communicate elliptically by recalling past conversations. And he would disappear once the PM suspected he was becoming too proficient.

It was funny how Holden only became suspicious of Miller when he told him to complete the connection. I would have been second guessing the ghost long before that.

Miller's signal is coming through better because Holden is inside the ring near the nucleus.

I've been so confused with the recent episodes.

*back to reading the novels*

So that weird **** at the end was Holden seeing whatever is destroying solar systems, right?

Well, only those who read the books can answer that :)
What I saw is the nucleus firing a beam at a sun through a gate.

Holy **** what an episode! Where to begin?

I was so absorbed by the predicament of Ashford and Drummer that I didn't even notice how little we saw of the Roci crew.
I was so worried about Drummer, but I think she and Ashford are both going to make it due to the artificial gravity they generated. I hope so as I love both characters.

I actually liked Anna for once, and the scenes aboard the Thomas Prince with the hallway carnage, the medic's description of what happens to internal wounds in 0 g, and Tilly's unshed tears were incredible. I love this show's attention to detail.

The fight at the end was scarier than Holden's fight with the PM last season.

I'll be so sad when this season is over.

Great episode, i hope The Expanse becomes even bigger so we can get similar Sci-Fi shows. Even though i know the public tend to shy away from dark/hard Sci-Fi.

No one has anything to say about last night's finale?

The season ended in a completely unexpected way for me. [blackout]The Ring opening shortcuts to the rest of the universe was not the reaction I expected they'd get after shutting down the reactors.[/blackout] It opens up so many possibilities for next season. I'm so glad this show was saved.

[blackout]Clarissa's redemption was lovely, and Amos's "I'm going to need my gun back" was hilarious. The only thing I didn't get was how turning off their reactors would convince the PM that humans weren't a threat. They already detonated a nuke and sent a fleet after the Ring.The PM knows they're dangerous.[/blackout]

I spoiled myself a long time ago so I knew about
the gates.
It's just some kind of safety protocol, the ships had to be turned off/on to reset the energy field. Once it's done the core station just go about it's programming and open the other gates.

Loved it! Completely loved it, and I loved the way everyone was doing what they genuinely thought to be the right thing (except for that cocky kid who stole the Martian exosuit).

The factions all working together was good to see, though now with the portal open, and new worlds to colonise, we can practically figure out that there's going to be more conflict over resources when we meet the next season (I guess it's in our nature, right?)

Bit confused by what happened with Holden at the end though? Miller was heard saying I need a ride, then something seemed to hit Holden - almost like he'd just been possessed?

Also wonder whether we'll actually see any actual aliens - or other form of life at least. If all these habitable worlds have suddenly been opened up, then there should (at the very least) be exotic lifeforms on them (not necessarily sentient).

I look forward to the next season, and also to see whether our crew are still together (with the addition of Clarissa(?) & Bobbi; I can't imagine she'll be going back to Mars anytime soon.

Clarissa certainly shouldn't be coming back. She's wanted for several murders, after all.

I hope [blackout]Diogo is still alive. I've always liked that kid, even when he was being kinda evil.[/blackout]

I'm sure there will be conflict over resources but there really shouldn't be with so many galaxies suddenly made available.

Watching the final now and I cant help but think there were scenes missing.

Watching the final now and I cant help but think there were scenes missing.
Well they did scrunch an entire book into just 7 episodes, which is half of what the other books got.

Well they did scrunch an entire book into just 7 episodes, which is half of what the other books got.

No, sorry what I meant was they (syfy) seemed to have played the episode out of order. In one particular scene Drummer,James and Naomi are together, but then later on Drummer is taking Naomi to see Holden who was still locked up.

Did you watch the episode on Playstation Vue? Vue users on reddit were furious because scenes were aired out of order.

I watched it on youtubetv and had no problems at all.

Did you watch the episode on Playstation Vue? Vue users on reddit were furious because scenes were aired out of order.

I watched it on youtubetv and had no problems at all.

Ah, thanks that would explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"