The Expanse

BSG remains tops for me. Firefly and Farscape regularly battle it out for the 3rd place spot, lol.
A fine list. Farscape is one of those shows I wished I watched more of of when it aired. Only ever heard really good things about it from people with exquisite taste.

Off the top of my head my list would be something like:
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Doctor Who
3. Clone Wars/Rebels
4. BSG
5. Mando (yes I am basic)

BSG would be higher, but it lost a little something for me down the stretch, but still an all time favorite of mine.

I think I will do The Expanse. Thanks FC. :up:

A fine list. Farscape is one of those shows I wished I watched more of of when it aired. Only ever heard really good things about it from people with exquisite taste.

Off the top of my head my list would be something like:
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Doctor Who
3. Clone Wars/Rebels
4. BSG
5. Mando (yes I am basic)

BSG would be higher, but it lost a little something for me down the stretch, but still an all time favorite of mine.

I think I will do The Expanse. Thanks FC. :up:
No problem (and that's a fine list as well!). Fair warning, the 1st season may be a bit slow to draw you in, but once it does, it only gets better and better. Hope you enjoy. :up:

Farscape is definitely worth the investment as well when you can get to it, btw. I only discovered it myself a couple years ago when we did it for the Hype TV Club, but it was a wonderful surprise and instant fave.

There is no way in hell they can do the final 3 books in a single short season.

I might return to the show after it ends if I like the sound of whatever truncated ending they cook up.
I haven't read the books, but from what I've heard, the last 3 books are essentially a sequel series to the first 6? So ending it at 6 sounds like it might still have a solid ending, no? The authors are in the room on this one, so I have some faith of this not going the way of GoT, at least.

Looking at it now, if they are going to end it with S6/book 6 ('Babylon's Ashes') then that would be the most ideal place to end the series, put it this way it's not 'the ending to the series, but it is an ending' as the final 3 books are very different

I haven't read the books, but from what I've heard, the last 3 books are essentially a sequel series to the first 6? So ending it at 6 sounds like it might still have a solid ending, no? The authors are in the room on this one, so I have some faith of this not going the way of GoT, at least.
Yeah, basically..

So I just started this, and I am going to honest. I wasn't expecting the opening to mimic the episode of Victorious when they are stuck in van, followed by the Punisher in a tiny hat hanging out with Kristen Dunst's Mexican boyfriend to solve a mystery, only to see a dude lose his arm while a couple have Zero G sex, to a Black Keys song.

Haven't read the books either, but I understand it that book seven takes place 30 years after book six

So I just started this, and I am going to honest. I wasn't expecting the opening to mimic the episode of Victorious when they are stuck in van, followed by the Punisher in a tiny hat hanging out with Kristen Dunst's Mexican boyfriend to solve a mystery, only to see a dude lose his arm while a couple have Zero G sex, to a Black Keys song.
I don't know why you wouldn't expect that. :o

I don't know why you wouldn't expect that. :o
:hehe:

I quite enjoyed the episode, and the whole gravity/bone density thing is going to give me nightmares. Well that and whatever is going on with Thomas Jane's hair. Also,

I don't think I ever lost a crush that fast on a show. She was so pretty. :waa:

:hehe:

I quite enjoyed the episode, and the whole gravity/bone density thing is going to give me nightmares. Well that and whatever is going on with Thomas Jane's hair. Also,

I don't think I ever lost a crush that fast on a show. She was so pretty. :waa:
I came to be very attached to that weird hair. :funny:

Capture.PNG

I really thought they'd get to do the whole saga. I really hope they're somehow able to capture the spirit of the planned ending.
Depending on the final three books, and what they're about, I too hope they can wrap this show up nicely with their sixth season.

Looking at it now, if they are going to end it with S6/book 6 ('Babylon's Ashes') then that would be the most ideal place to end the series, put it this way it's not 'the ending to the series, but it is an ending' as the final 3 books are very different
Would you mind shedding some light on the last three books?

Depending on the final three books, and what they're about, I too hope they can wrap this show up nicely with their sixth season.

Would you mind shedding some light on the last three books?

It roughly takes place 30-40 years in the future after the 'Free Navy's asteroid attack on Earth. The new threat it comes in the form of the 'Laconian Empire' a highly advanced armada, founded former Martians that split away from Mars as they saw the Ring and its abilities to open up possibilities to explore new worlds as a threat to Mars and it's future (we saw hints of this in S4 during Bobby's storyline) It essentially feels like an entire new story (but feels more 'cinematic' in scale compared to the previous books )

Last edited:
I never heard bout the Cas Anvar stuff.
If I remember correctly, he was propositioning women (in an sexual nature) and got quite aggressive when he was declined. I think that's the bulk of it anyway, which is a royal shame, cause he plays a good character, and I often like to think that an actor/actress shares some of their character traits, but in this case, he's just a *****ebag.

Must have been otherwise mild what he did, I don't remember many articles about it but it surfaced during the meetoo movement so he get mis à l'index (blacklisted).
Edit : by mild, I mean nothing categorized as sexual assault.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, he was propositioning women (in an sexual nature) and got quite aggressive when he was declined. I think that's the bulk of it anyway, which is a royal shame, cause he plays a good character, and I often like to think that an actor/actress shares some of their character traits, but in this case, he's just a *****ebag.

As long as he wasnt hurting anyone at work or breaking any laws outside of work they should have kept him for one final season.

Must have been otherwise mild what he did, I don't remember many articles about it but it surfaced during the meetoo movement so he get mis à l'index (blacklisted).
As long as he wasnt hurting anyone at work or breaking any laws outside of work they should have kept him for one final season.
Oh I don't think he was forceful or anything, just a bit sleazy and that truth got out.

I can imagine some tension with other cast members though. Maybe Anvar simply asked to be let go? We'll never know (or we might, but not quite yet).

The Expanse Studio Is Investigating Cas Anvar for Sexual Misconduct Allegations

‘The Expanse’ Star Cas Anvar Investigated Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations – Deadline

The reason this got no coverage is because Cas Anvar is a no name actor. He has some minor fans, due to voice work and the Expanse. But the greater hollywood media does not care about him. This is almost exactly like Vic Mignogna 2.0. Except with less pedophillia. Hell, Vic got more media coverage from his hilarious lawsuit than he did over his firing. His firing makes it clear that he is a sex pest.

And **** that **** with "if he wasn't breaking any laws or doing anything illegal" bull****. Such a chicken**** way to attempt to defend you putting the "art" over people.

Cas Anvar didn't exactly play the most female friendly characters in The Strain and Cardinal ironically.

I just saw a new clip from season 5 on reddit. Going by the comments it seems like
They might be doing all the remaining books in season 5 and 6. I haven't read the books so I don't know how likely it is or how rushed it might turn out.

Reviews are starting to drop

The Expanse Season 5 (TV Review)

The Expanse jumped from SyFy to Amazon Prime Video, I still did not prioritize it. Now, as the series begins its penultimate season, I decided to binge the first four. I discovered that not only is The Expanse one of the smartest shows on television, but it is also as epic as Game of Thrones and Battlestar Galactica combined. Expanse fans are likely nodding their heads in agreement. For all of you, I am sorry it took me so long to check this show out. I can also tell you that season five does not disappoint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"