The Fantastic Plot-Holes Thread SPOILERS

lol, yea but the clothes have to bond with his molecular structure.

I'm sure Reed could have a culture dish of his molecular sample with the clothes, so he won't have to be physically inside the chamber.

Given that Reed could design the Fantasticar all by himself, I'm sure it's not impossible to do.

I'm sure Reed could have a culture dish of his molecular sample with the clothes, so he won't have to be physically inside the chamber.

Given that Reed could design the Fantasticar all by himself, I'm sure it's not impossible to do.

that make sense. and I think you mean petri dish.

jeez, why am I getting all nerdy now?
Uh.....because we are on a message board called SuperheroHype?:woot:

johnnys voice not getting raspy when turning into the thing
thats one
He's younger than Ben (and hadn't smoked)....so his larynx took it better.

There you go....:woot:

Doom's armor was shown to be a family heirloom/tradition thing.

How about Galactus giving the Surfer enough power to destroy him for some reason?

1)

Actually to me the only plothole that is a big problem was the fact that Johnny kept the power fire, when in all the other switches he did a total switch.....? Maybe an answer to that is because it was all 4 of them that touched....

Agreed, that was the only one that I found. The real answer is so they could make the fight between Johnny & Doom cooler. :cwink:

How about Galactus giving the Surfer enough power to destroy him for some reason?

There's no reason whatsoever to assume that Galactus was destroyed.
He appeared to be sucked into a rift or black hole created by the Surfer; there was no debris, where previously there had been plenty.

The Surfer's power -as I understand it- is drawn from Galactus' by virtue of the fact that he was created by Galactus. No Galactus, no power.
If the Surfer survived with power cosmic intact - then it stands to reason that Galactus is still out there.

I mean really, who here thought for a second that Galactus was truly destroyed??

I mean really, who here thought for a second that Galactus was truly destroyed??

A person that doesn't read the comics or know anything about the Galactus and Silver Surfer. As far as I am concerned I only saw a pillar of fire that looked like Galactus' head - I did not see the physical embodiment of Galactus. After the cloud was destroyed there was nothing left, so why would a person that's never followed the comics assume he's still alive?

The way Galactus was portrayed was a mess. Come the Silver Surfer movie people will be wondering why this cloud wasn't wiped out ages ago.

Here's one I thought soemone would've covered by now...

In the scene where Sue says she's 'hawt' for Reed after he stands up to the Colonel, Why did they go through the motions of showing Johnny transfer his powers to Reed, yet never use that as part of the next action scenario?

At first I thought they forgot, but then I remembered that there is a little thing called editting, and they probably scrapped the scene where they switched back.

Obviously at some point they switched back, but it wasn't shown and just kind of left you dangling.

The biggest is, they established that when you snag another members powers, you lose your own to them, so if Johhny touched everyone at once, he should've become an invisible stretchy rock guy, and the rest of the team should've become lightweight fire-people, each sharing a third of Johnny's power.

You can make up reason after reason to explain it, but the fact is that they should've talked about it in the movie.

1) How is Reed able to stretch his regular clothing as well?
He's had his cloths made out of the same stuff as the suit.....He more than the others uses his power in everyday life....its very plausible he would make his clothing more adapted to that life...
WOWOWOOW OOWOWOWO
stop here. time out. maybe i didnt notcied everything. but where was this explained in the movie? because this is al labout themovie. i dont care how it is in the comis or how it is in the nowel.

if it is not in the movie it is a mistake.

OH MY GOD! HIS CLOTHES CAN STRETCH! THE MOVIE SUCKS!

That is just nitpicking. The Johnny powers thing is valid (though it doesn't bother me), but this is just nitpicking.

Want to know the real reason? Because doing the effects with the clothes was cheaper than making a skin tone and having strecth with no clothes. That is the real reason.

WOWOWOOW OOWOWOWO
stop here. time out. maybe i didnt notcied everything. but where was this explained in the movie? because this is al labout themovie. i dont care how it is in the comis or how it is in the nowel.

Everything doesn't have to be explained to you in the movie. I can accept that in the time that passed between the two movies, Reed could have come up with a way to make other clothes match their powers.

It didn't show Reed actually designing and building the Fantasticar. It didn't show the construction on the Baxter building that changed it. It didn't show them actually write out and send wedding invitations, so why did any of those people show up. How did they wind up in a helicopter in England?

OH MY GOD! HIS CLOTHES CAN STRETCH! THE MOVIE SUCKS!

That is just nitpicking. The Johnny powers thing is valid (though it doesn't bother me), but this is just nitpicking.

Want to know the real reason? Because doing the effects with the clothes was cheaper than making a skin tone and having strecth with no clothes. That is the real reason.
it was nto explained so it is a mistake for me. maybe nto for small kids. but this i the reason why i said that this movie was made for little children.

try to understand me.

Am I the only one dissappointed that they didn't go further on that "Galactus gave them their powers" thing?

The biggest is, they established that when you snag another members powers, you lose your own to them, so if Johhny touched everyone at once, he should've become an invisible stretchy rock guy, and the rest of the team should've become lightweight fire-people, each sharing a third of Johnny's power.

You can make up reason after reason to explain it, but the fact is that they should've talked about it in the movie.
He's right folks, the many, many, many times this little scenario was played up they established a fairly standard rule. It's not a stretch of the imagination to believe that Johnny would keep all four abilities if they all touched, but it directly goes against what had been used.

Having said that, my hats off to the writers for taking something that I thought was just the running punchline for jokes and trying to weave it into a plotpoint.

One of the things I found kind of questionable was that when the Silver Surfer defeated Galactus and there was and incredibly bright light that flashed around the world, how come no one went blind?
Sorry if that is a silly statement but i'm mean that light was clearly an incredibly bright one yet no one even temperarily lost their site.
I'm I just being silly here?

WOWOWOOW OOWOWOWO

Ummmmm......you need to chill out.....lol

3) How many people that you deliver mail to have invited you to their wedding?

Actually, he wasn't playing Willie Lumpkin in this movie, he was playing Stan Lee, himself. He gives his name when he walks up to the usher.

As for doom and sneaking his costume in, that has a simple explanation as well. Hager told him he would allow him to do his tests/ experiments on the board, under his watch. So my guess is that hager let him bring in the "equipment" because he thought that Doom couldn't possibly do anything bad without him or the other officers noticing.

Actually, he wasn't playing Willie Lumpkin in this movie, he was playing Stan Lee, himself. He gives his name when he walks up to the usher.

Re read the fist post in this thread....Neto Magnus asked 3) WHERE WAS WILLIE LUMPKIN? My answer was to that question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"