The Fast and the Furious: Hobbs and Shaw

By the way, it is hilarious that Tyrese started talking crap to the Rock. How many blockbusters does Tyrese have to his name, where he is the actual star?

What has he said now? Has this guy ever not talked crap about anybody?
He is so incredible jealous and petty, didnt he even smear the whole FAF crew because he didnt get the big role he thought he deserves?

What has he said now? Has this guy ever not talked crap about anybody?
He is so incredible jealous and petty, didnt he even smear the whole FAF crew because he didnt get the big role he thought he deserves?
He since deleted the Instagram post but The Shade Room was able to screenshot/copy it:

tyrese: I have to show my respects for one thing... He tried..... Folks called me a hater.... And attacked me for speaking out.... Breaking up the family clearly doesn't have the value that one would assume it does.... You know what maybe just maybe... The Rock and the crew will come dance with us again for #Fast10 we can all hug it out and get back to giving the true fans who have supported this franchise for 20 years WHAT they want...... No hating I'm just pointing out the facts.... #FastFamily has more value as the #FastFamily its ok... The Rock is still one of the biggest movie stars in the world and he's not hurting for work.... I have 2 franchise films and he has at least 15 so there won't be any tears on his pillow tonight..... 180 million dollar global opening on Hobbs and Shaw is NOT a win..... In this day and age where everyone wants to be safe and sit on their hands and not speak on real ****.... When you do you get attacked and well.... That's that.... Again my respects cause he tried his best.... The world is clearly used to being severed its thanksgiving meal a certain way.... they want the table to "include" all its flavors and all of its usual ingredients..... The Rock comes from wrestling and he knows all about smack talking and friendly competition.... So.... love is love.... -Roman has spoken... drops mic #NoComment

I can’t see how you can get mad at Tyrese or take it seriously. He’s the little brother of the group not getting enough attention so he just raises his voice and yells out ridiculous things. Cute.

Honestly the real life talk of family rang hollow for me once they decided to continue the main series after Paul died. I was fine with spinoffs but the main group films don't feel the same without him.

“Family” was always a marketing thing. I never got the impression any of these actors actually liked each other much in real life.

They tried to get another token white guy in Eastwood but don't know how he'll hold up compared to Walker.

He since deleted the Instagram post but The Shade Room was able to screenshot/copy it:

Reading Tyrese post he says he has 2 franchises, now I know he's counting the Fast & Furious as one but that's like Simon Pegg calling Mission Impossible his franchise, but what is Tyrese's 2nd franchise? :huh:

He just wants Dwayne to respond for he could get a day or two of traffic
pathetic if you ask me

“Family” was always a marketing thing. I never got the impression any of these actors actually liked each other much in real life.
None of the main cast aside from Tyrese appeared in the "I am Paul Walker" documentary. Which maybe isn't saying a whole lot since there wasn't many actors in the Heath Ledger one either, but still.

Reading Tyrese post he says he has 2 franchises, now I know he's counting the Fast & Furious as one but that's like Simon Pegg calling Mission Impossible his franchise, but what is Tyrese's 2nd franchise? :huh:
He’s in the upcoming Morbius movie. But who knows if that will even be a hit so he’s jumping the gun.

Honestly the real life talk of family rang hollow for me once they decided to continue the main series after Paul died. I was fine with spinoffs but the main group films don't feel the same without him.
I don't necessarily think that negates it.

With China still to come FF H&S will make its money back no problem.

Wont hit a billion though. Will probably end up somewhere between F5 and F6 if its lucky.

01. Furious 7 -- $1516 mil
02. F8 of the Furious -- $1236 mil
03. FF6 -- $788,7 mil
04. Fast 5 -- $626,1 mil
05. FF4 -- $363,2 mil
06. FF H&S -- $332,6 mil and counting...
07. 2F2F -- $236,4 mil
08. TFATF -- $207,3 mil
09. FF Tokyo Drift -- $158,5 mil

So, I’m laughing at how the YouTube algorithm has recommended that I watch the TMZ video where Tyrese explains that he was mad at The Rock because this film pushed back Fast and Furious 9.

With China still to come FF H&S will make its money back no problem.

Wont hit a billion though. Will probably end up somewhere between F5 and F6 if its lucky.

01. Furious 7 -- $1516 mil
02. F8 of the Furious -- $1236 mil
03. FF6 -- $788,7 mil
04. Fast 5 -- $626,1 mil
05. FF4 -- $363,2 mil
06. FF H&S -- $332,6 mil and counting...
07. 2F2F -- $236,4 mil
08. TFATF -- $207,3 mil
09. FF Tokyo Drift -- $158,5 mil

That's probably about enough to break even.

That's probably about enough to break even.

Not really. Breaking point should be over $500 mil WW (if we add the marketing cost).

The movie has a reported budget of $200 mil which isnt a surprise. Both FF7 & FF8 had an even bigger budget (F8 was the most expensive of the two).

A $200 mil budget means a $400 mil breaking point not accounting for the marketing cost.
Which ofcourse could also be covered from the home video sales and merchandising.

We Got This Covered says that the same source that told them months ago that Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart were in the film is now saying that Han is alive, and that's a revelation that the franchise will make down the road.

Sure make Han a cyborg too. Why not. i'll be there opening night.

I love Han, but I also like Deckard Shaw as a good guy. I feel like retconning Han to be alive is the only way to satisfy both camps. Because I didn't want, and still don't want, them to kill Deckard due to backlash from the Justice for Han movement.

Not really. Breaking point should be over $500 mil WW (if we add the marketing cost).

The movie has a reported budget of $200 mil which isnt a surprise. Both FF7 & FF8 had an even bigger budget (F8 was the most expensive of the two).

A $200 mil budget means a $400 mil breaking point not accounting for the marketing cost.
Which ofcourse could also be covered from the home video sales and merchandising.

Not according to Deadline. The likely total cost was $360 million.

‘Hobbs & Shaw’ To Top Box Office, Eyes $60 Million Opening – Deadline

A $600M WW box office for Hobbs & Shaw should put the pic at break-even during the pic’s home entertainment window, finance sources say. Here’s the thing — spin-offs are hard, tend to come in lower than a franchise sequel, and, by the way, studios need to be careful with th,em because if they’re not good enough, they can be perceived by the public as another sequel in the franchise, and potentially slow down grosses for future pics. At least that’s what happened with Warner Bros.’ Lego movies and Fantastic Beasts pics (when compared to Harry Potter).

Han still being alive sounds even dumber than how they made it seem like Letty was dead, but alive with amnesia.

I’d be shocked if this doesnt do big numbers in China. They love The Rock and this movie is packed with over the top blockbuster action and humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"