The Finished/Theatrical Version Of WOLVERINE Has Been Seen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the problem, Katie_girl. The problem is, they made a mediocre movie.

I think it's reasonable to expect movies that cost S**TLOADS of money to be good. :rolleyes: And a truly good movie will be an enjoyable experience for general audience and comic book geeks alike.

Thank you. I think that some of us comic book fans forget that we are just a small fraction of the people who go to watch these movies in theatres. Its kind of selfish for us to expect them to ignore the tastes of everyone else to focus on what we want.
That is the same logic as when someone says my vote doesn't count for elections. Think of how many people say that and what if they actually did something instead of just accepting the possibility that they don't matter?

Great movies can cater to both fans and the general audience.

Thank you. I think that some of us comic book fans forget that we are just a small fraction of the people who go to watch these movies in theatres. Its kind of selfish for us to expect them to ignore the tastes of everyone else to focus on what we want.

It's funny to watch the looks on the faces of members of the general audience when you explain some of these fanboy grievances with them.

They look mostly like this: :whatever:

The original SUPERMAN was really distant from the current comic book version of the character, and yet it kicked arse.

That is the same logic as when someone says my vote doesn't count for elections. Think of how many people say that and what if they actually did something instead of just accepting the possibility that they don't matter?

I don't think it is the same as voting for elections.

Sure a great movie should cater to both fans and general audiences, and in a perfect world, they would. Like TDK and Iron Man.

But I just find it ridiculous when comic book fans are like "They should of just made it for us!! We would of made them enough money!!" That sort of mentality is laughable.

Definetly the comic fans are a little portion, but if we don't go to the theatre with our brother, sister, friends and so.... I think it will be an interesting difference, yes, not millions, but we are movie goers, at the end of the day, and our friends and familiy too.

Every fan will do what they want, that's for sure, but I think we can try to teach them a lesson.

who doens't want, we must to respect him, but we should try it.

The X-men movies deserve more respect, like Ironman, Batman, Watchmen is having now.

Definetly the comic fans are a little portion, but if we don't go to the theatre with our brother, sister, friends and so.... I think it will be an interesting difference, yes, not millions, but we are movie goers, at the end of the day, and our friends and familiy too.

Every fan will do what they want, that's for sure, but I think we can try to teach them a lesson.

The X-men movies deserve more respect, like Ironman, Batman, Watchmen is having now.
I agree.

It's funny to watch the looks on the faces of members of the general audience when you explain some of these fanboy grievances with them.

They look mostly like this: :whatever:

Precisely.

I think general audiences will like this film. They ain't gonna be bothered about lack of accuracy to source material.

And even if you ignore all that, general audiences don't analyze and pick films apart like we do on message boards.

LAst time I checked, audiences ain't respecting Watchmen.

Precisely.

I think general audiences will like this film. They ain't gonna be bothered about lack of accuracy to source material.

And even if you ignore all that, general audiences don't analyze and pick films apart like we do on message boards.
Or like critics do? So what is the point of critics?

A movie deserves as much respect as it affords its audience. :rolleyes:

This is surprising new information! :dry:

Haha, I remember there being sooooooo many people who went on and on about "the new footage" and "waiting to see the real movie, not a short version missing pivotal scenes" in that old "Rate the Leaked Version" thread. This was all just Fox's MO - if there are bad reviews which pop up, just say there is going to be "new footage!" in the theatrical version

But I think general audiences will recognize lame comedic sequences when they see 'em.

I only have one question...how does a summer tentpole like Wolverine suffer from sub-par CGI? I thought we were at the point where at least the effects in these movies should always be top-notch.

LAst time I checked, audiences ain't respecting Watchmen.
Fans and critics thought it was a good film. The funny thing is, we always hear about people saying it is not close enough to the source material. This was the only film in which I heard people ***** about it being too close:whatever: It was like they are damned if they do and they are damned if they don't. Plus, most of the general audience didn't know who or what Watchmen was and they went in expecting something like this movie.

Or like critics do? So what is the point of critics?

Critics are like us, they analyze and pick films apart. Critics are there to give their opinions so people can check them out. But to be honest, I don't think too many people base their decisions on what critics say these days anyway. And especially with what is going on with the economy and what not, people just want to go out watch a film, eat some pop corn and that's it.

Is adherence to source material really the primary concern though? Weak story, CG, confusion with how it relates to the rest of the franchise... these are things may bother everyone, fanboy and Joe Public alike.

Totally agreed. That is absolutley true.

The fans who support the bad movies has their fault, wheter they accept it or not.

So, do what do you want, guys.

But those who will watch this movie in the theatre, will have part of the fault for the next mediocre x-men movies.

Is simple.

Totally agreed. That is absolutley true.

The fans who support the bad movies has their fault, wheter they accept it or not.

So, do what do you want, guys.

But those who will watch this movie in the theatre, will have part of the fault for the next mediocre x-men movies.

Is simple.

So you are saying that because I go and see this in the cinema I am atributing to more mediocre movies? Bollox.

1) I personally think it is a pretty decent film. Not brilliant, no god awful. Some people seem to be too picky. They go from one extreme to another. It's either brilliant, or absolute crap, there is no in between. People act like this is an abomination to cinema. I'm not being funny, but that is sooooooo far off the mark IMO.

2) Whether we go and see this or not, it won't make any difference AT ALL.

So you are saying that because I go and see this in the cinema I am atributing to more mediocre movies? Bollox.

1) I personally think it is a pretty decent film. Not brilliant, no god awful. Some people seem to be too picky. They go from one extreme to another. It's either brilliant, or absolute crap.

2) Whether we go and see this or not, it won't make any difference AT ALL.
Those two hacks that made the _____ Movie(s) still continue to do so because people pay to see crap. This isn't as bad as those but if people continue to buy a mediocre product then they will continue to make a mediocre product because it is cheaper.

I paid my money for X-men 3, and this is another bad movie? ok, then I won't make the same mistake.

I don't feel the need to say more.

The real fans of the comics who want respect to the material, will know what to do.

I've said my thoughts.

See you. I go to eat.

Those two hacks that made the _____ Movie(s) still continue to do so because people pay to see crap. This isn't as bad as those but if people continue to buy a mediocre product then they will continue to make a mediocre product because it is cheaper.

So what you are basically saying is that this movie was never intended to be good? They just though "Ahhh **** it, we'll make a crap movie and the masses will swallow it up!" Errrr...no.

I think there is a big problem with comic book fans being spoilt. Not necessarily here, but all over the place.

To be honest I think we should all be grateful these characters and this universe is getting the movie treatment. When I was a little kid I would of never thought in a million years that the X-Men and Spiderman would be in big budget films when I grew up. So I'm happy to see them up here.

That's not to say the characters should be crapped on. But I don't think they have been crapped on.

I paid my money for X-men 3, and this is another bad movie? ok, then I won't make the same mistake.

I don't feel the need to say more.

The real fans of the comics who want respect to the material, will know what to do.

I've said my thoughts.

See you. I go to eat.

So now you are saying because i go and see this film I'm not a real fan? You need to pull your head out of your arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"