Classic all the way.
Flash_0023.jpg

Flash_0025.jpg

Flash_0022.jpg

Classic all the way.
Flash_0023.jpg

Flash_0025.jpg

Flash_0022.jpg

I love the classic Barry suit and all, but I think they should steer it closer to the New 52 version with the chin covering, the sharper ear pieces, the grooved lines running throughout it, and the more stylized belt. Some may disagree, but I think it's a wonderful evolution of the classic Flash look for modern times.

I think that the clean lines of something closer to classic territory is what we should get. Sorry... The newer DC costumes are terrible designs to me. I don't mind the Flash TV show suit at all. But with films and tv shows being different, I really hope we get a super cool suit for Miller to run around in.

I think that the clean lines of something closer to classic territory is what we should get. Sorry... The newer DC costumes are terrible designs to me. I don't mind the Flash TV show suit at all. But with films and tv shows being different, I really hope we get a super cool suit for Miller to run around in.

See, I have the opposite feeling. Most of the New 52 redesigns have been great in my view - especially the Justice League. Including Cyborg. All of them feel like a step up, and I usually use the n52 skins of those characters when I play with them in Injustice :woot:

More to the point though, the TV costume would be better if it were a brighter red, the logo was white, they had a proper lightning belt, and the boots were golden. I know that these are the four most common complaints, but I really feel that they take away from the character's look. The mask is nearly perfect - it's just the neck down that could use some work.

See, I have the opposite feeling. Most of the New 52 redesigns have been great in my view - especially the Justice League. Including Cyborg. All of them feel like a step up, and I usually use the n52 skins of those characters when I play with them in Injustice :woot:

More to the point though, the TV costume would be better if it were a brighter red, the logo was white, they had a proper lightning belt, and the boots were golden. I know that these are the four most common complaints, but I really feel that they take away from the character's look. The mask is nearly perfect - it's just the neck down that could use some work.

I am not of the mind that the tv suit is perfect, but I also know that the production schedule for the show is different than for a film so I don't mind too much and think it does the job.

Flash_New52_issueno3_jim_lee_variant.png

New 52 all the way!

But it only looks halfway decent when Lee draws it. Every time I see it drawn by another artist it looks strangely bulky or the like. The small touches can be nice, the chin covering and a couple other things, but those lines going all over... I don't even know what that's all about. The beauty of the original design is the simplicity, and it's lost with all the unnecessary bells and whistles that seem to be all the rage these days.

Something similar to the old John Wesley Shipp suit.
If they don't go with the classic.

Flash_New52_issueno3_jim_lee_variant.png

New 52 all the way!

Pretty much this.

I wouldn't mind the covered lenses either, especially if Miller plays a more JLU-style Flash.

(I wonder now if the CW had to go with the red logo and the more maroon colour suit to differentiate from the Flash in the film)

2d0ed94bdfac31a87215f28a6221255a.jpg

Keep it simple, make the yellow reflective/metallic material instead of literal yellow, and utilize modern materials like the other costumes. The Flash can work on the big screen if given the high dollar treatment.

11289726_10153900002805884_178497768_n.jpg

Minus the lines and the blue details this is a nice design. Specially the helmet/wings.

Supposedly the concept art at SDCC featured a costume that showed him with long, dark hair. Now, it's just concept art, but it does concern me that they might be trying a little too hard to differentiate the movie costume from the TV one. And I don't think they need to do that, because creating a suit that looks more like a superhero costume (something like the did with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) would do the trick. Aside from the cowl, the TV costume is pretty lackluster. Making something bright and more form-fitting, like the designs above, would be all that is needed. They shouldn't drastically redesign the way the character looks just so it doesn't match a TV series that a lot of people don't even watch.

I also did hear from the SDCC sizzle reel that the flash's suit is more armoured but in a more Christian bale 'dark knight' kind of armour rather then the one in injustice.

Yeah. Something along these lines I guess:

TY8Q4.jpg

Which I'd like. It differentiates him from Batman's and Superman's skintight one-pieces and makes him look more unique.

I dislike the yellow boots, I know it's classic but it looks really silly and won't work well in real life..
I think flash's suit shouldn't be similar to Bats or Supes. Plus nolans suit would work very well as a flash suit, make it red, similar in design and the cowl is perfect for flash than it is for batman.
christian-bale-batman-dark-knight-rises.jpg

il_fullxfull.597085537_6skg.jpg

I am curious as to how he gets the suit, does he make it himself or does he get it from other people like Nolan's bats and the tv show flash

They could have made a sleeveless costume.
You must be joking!

I dislike the yellow boots, I know it's classic but it looks really silly and won't work well in real life..
I think flash's suit shouldn't be similar to Bats or Supes. Plus nolans suit would work very well as a flash suit, make it red, similar in design and the cowl is perfect for flash than it is for batman.
christian-bale-batman-dark-knight-rises.jpg

il_fullxfull.597085537_6skg.jpg
If Captain America's campy suit can work in live action, so can The Flash.

Nolan's Bat-design, are you serious???

You must be joking!

If Captain America's campy suit can work in live action, so can The Flash.

Nolan's Bat-design, are you serious???

Well, apparently we're getting something along the lines of segmented armor, so there is some credibility in that Nolan batsuit comparison.

And while Flash's skintight suit would work just fine, I think that this approach they seem to be taking makes his look more unique and interesting as opposed to just another one-piece, sans the cape. Even though skintight one-piece probably makes the most sense for the runner Flash is among them all.

And about Captain America's uniform, I thought it was campy as hell in "The Avengers". It got better in more recent films though.

I JUST WANT TO SEE THE YELLOW BOLTS!!!

It will be a nice way to differenciate the cowl from the TV Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"