The Flash costume thread

Don't know and don't care about the show, but, yeah, yellow/gold bolts that leave trail when he's running should most definitely be there.

We are in the same channel today or what Wolfie? :highfive: (About the bolts)

There were also people who swore it was Chris Pine as Hal in the GL Corps concept art

I'm expecting something that has some layers and a more hard material on the top, but not an armor

We are in the same channel today or what Wolfie? :highfive: (About the bolts)

Well, it was about time, wasn't it? :woot:

But seriously, ditching those bolts would be a big mistake in my opinion. They look great on the suit and even better when he's running.

There were also people who swore it was Chris Pine as Hal in the GL Corps concept art

I'm expecting something that has some layers and a more hard material on the top, but not an armor

Perceiving the suit and perceiving the actor playing the part (if there was any particular actor in that concept art at all) is an entirely different case though... there was a preconception regarding Pine as Green Lantern, due to all those articles claiming it to be the case just prior the SDCC. There was no such thing when it comes to the suit. So if someone says that it looks like segmented armor, I've no reason to doubt that it looks like segmented armor, unlike the claim that it was Chris Pine in GL concept art.

With that being said, this is how I understood it as well, a fitting suit that has armor parts on the exterior - basically an opposite of batsuit.

Iv been thinking based on the description that we have that the suit might look some what similar to the Tron Legacy costumes.

http://img05.deviantart.net/26a7/i/...y___rinzler_suit__by_goblin_bones-d3i25ia.jpg

8c18ba5af5816af1a4f43fb133e8c6b0.jpg

Hey, good thinking. "Tron" suits didn't even occur to me. It was also Wilkinson's work, was it not?

Should've guessed. They look great.

I would be very happy if the suit is in the vein of the Tron suits. Excellent!

They could make thin neon lines like Tron when he's running

Anyway, this is the Injustice costume, and it doesn't look like an actual armor if you think about it as just a little harder material, but still maleable. Plus, the placement of those parts on the movie costume could be better to allow movement on the shoulders.

3919312-injustice-gods-among-us-flash-primary-costume-concept-art.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, suit seems flexible enough, though that concept art looks a bit more streamlined than the final product, in my opinion:

I really like the idea of neon bolts and lines, by the way. :up:

I'd love to see a Flash costume that's purely CGI a la Green Lantern. Something that looks like it's made out of pure energy (aka Speedforce)

Ugh. I'd rather if they avoid pure CGI route for any of the costumes. I even hope that Fisher's Cyborg suit will have some physical parts.

Ugh. I'd rather if they avoid pure CGI route for any of the costumes. I even hope that Fisher's Cyborg suit will have some physical parts.

Overall I agree with you, but I think the Flash should be the exception. If the suit you're depicting isn't made of physical matter, you're gaining all the advantages of CGI and avoiding its pitfalls. Imagine the suit popping out of the ring in the comic book fashion, except it's bands of electricity and light that envelop his body so he's literally wearing the Speed Force. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

Overall I agree with you, but I think the Flash should be the exception. If the suit you're depicting isn't made of physical matter, you're gaining all the advantages of CGI and avoiding its pitfalls. Imagine the suit popping out of the ring in the comic book fashion, except it's bands of electricity and light that envelop his body so he's literally wearing the Speed Force. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

To be honest, I always found the idea of his suit popping out from the ring to be silly as hell, but I do get where you're coming from, and it is kinda cool I guess.

By the way, you're a new member, not a previously banned one right? :p

If so, welcome! :woot:

Nah. The only non-mecha suit that lends itself to CGI organically is Green Lantern where he pretty much should be 'wearing' green energy. If people were not on board with that, I can't see anyone being pleased with a CGI Flash suit.

Nah. The only non-mecha suit that lends itself to CGI organically is Green Lantern where he pretty much should be 'wearing' green energy. If people were not on board with that, I can't see anyone being pleased with a CGI Flash suit.

I think most people were on board with that; it's just the rest of the movie they had problems with. I think the costumes were one of the great things about that movie.

Don't look at me. I liked the suit. But there would be more than a few over here who did not.

I'm just saying I don't think there is enough reason to go for a CGI suit when the budget could clearly be spent elsewhere. But ya, a CGI enhanced suit is a given.

Reposting this here:

Whatever the hell is "post-apocalyptic" supposed to mean in this context.

Indeed KW... INDEED. (cackles while lightning flashes in the background) ;)

Long haired, post apocalyptic.... a Flash we've never seen before!!!

Im guessing it will be armored and will show alot of wear form years of use.

i'm guessing the Flash suit will look similar to the suit in Injustice

characters_3_20130130_1468366343.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"