The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 23: "Fast Enough"

Eddie is an idiot, he could have just decided there to never have sex again, instead of killing himself....
He could have even done that tied up while he was kidnapped.

This is what makes him such a great baddie though!

Every Superhero needs a nemesis.

Batman - Joker
Superman - Zod
Arrow - Merlyn
Flash - Reverse Flash

As the Joker said to Batman:

"I don’t want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, NO! No. You… you… complete me."

Seriously, dude Superman's arch-Nemesis is and always will be "Lex Luthor". Regardless if you like it or not.

Eddie is an idiot, he could have just decided there to never have sex again, instead of killing himself....
"Never have sex again." :hehe:

:funny:

That's impossible.

"Never have sex again." :hehe:

:funny:

That's impossible.
yep blowing off your you know what is too painful he'll wish he was dead, if he did that. and might do it to end that pain. For so many reason's. but drop that part who ever did that in real life is insane especially riding motor cycle after words . seriously how do ride a motor bike after that? (it's rhetorical ) wow can't believe someone did that .

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the finale, right from the new opening sequence to the cliffhanger ending..

I'm all about the suspension of disbelief, the science in the show is interesting - the engineering of such complicated tech (often in a days work) makes me chuckle.

The particle accelerator was basically designed to do exactly what it did in the finale - that it took a manual keystroke to "release the molecule" or later to "start the timer" really made me laugh.

That anyone can simply walk into STAR labs (into the room with the Flash suit) unannounced also makes me facepalm.

Love the characters in the show though, Joe, Wells, Barry and his Dad. Great stuff.

Looking forward to Season 2.

Time Paradoxes aside, was anyone else somewhat confused as to why all of Barry's friends were so happy and supportive at the idea of Barry going back and changing his mother's fate, when it would undoubtedly mean that everyone's lives could/would be affected by that action?

I mean as Dr. Stein pointed out, Barry's one action wouldn't just affect his life but everyone else's lives as well. So Eddie having that big "ah ha" moment by rekindling his romance with Iris while Caitlin and Ronnie tied the note, it could have all been undone by Barry's actions and no one even considered that.lol

Yeah. I thought Cisco might've had another cold gun ready, just in case, the way Batman stockpiles kryptonite. Wells told him not to, but then Cisco learned some important things about Wells that should have changed Cisco's mind about keeping that promise.

Or someone from Team Good could've gone to the Rogues for a "We need to talk about Barry" speech.

(When Hal tries to rewrite the universe, everyone teams up to stop him.)

I've never quite understood how/why Barry saving his mom, gets Bruce Wayne and his mom killed and causes Superman not to crash land in smallville, etc..? :confused:

I still say its all Felicity's fault

she revealed Barry's identity to Merlin

who become the next Ra's (living well beyond his years)

he reveals that name to RF in the future

RF goes back in time to kill young Barry

But there was always the chance that someone could take his sperm and use it to impregnate themselves somehow.

I still say its all Felicity's fault

she revealed Barry's identity to Merlin

who become the next Ra's (living well beyond his years)

he reveals that name to RF in the future

RF goes back in time to kill young Barry
Or, he sees the Flash museum.
Or better, history books.

If we had to give an award to every TV show actor/tress who played his/her character well there would be a shortage of statues.

There's playing your character well and then there's absolutely crushing it. Gustin plays his character well. Cavanagh absolutely steals the screen.

When Barry is running and we see the Flash museum, Killer Frost, etc, there's a shot of Barry talking to his dad in prison. However, Barry is the one in the prison jump suit. At some point Barry ends up in prison. Wells/RF says that Barry is seeing the past, the present and the future while seeing all those visions, NOT alternate timelines; so it seems that at some point, Barry ends up in prison.

I can see him ending up in prison in an alternate timelne, where instead of his father going to jail for his moms murder, he ends up in juvie, which starts a domino effect of him constantly getting into trouble with the law…..

What I loved about the episode:

The emotions, they were perfectly captured in dialogue and delivery. The actress who plays Barry’s mom is heartbreaking to watch.

Eddie being an overall great character. He stole the entire episode. He was more of a hero in many ways than Barry. The episode was mainly supposed to teach Barry a lesson about not tampering with the past but I feel like Eddie was the star. I want him to come back.

Cisco’s Vibe origin is coming out. Thought it was interesting how he was in denial about hearing it. He looked like he didn’t want to believe it but it also looked like he was trying to piece it together with what he could do.

I think the writers need to be more kind to Caitlin and her simple science questions. I know it was an audience plot point but they could have had Joe or Iris ask that, even Eddie since they are not in the know of anything science related. AND Killer Frost! Can’t wait for it. Can't wait for all the angst.

Eobard, love the shift back to his original form while he was being erased. Tom is such a great actor. I rewound that scene a few times just because it was such a cool moment.

Barry…he’s so young and eager. Very impulsive still, but growing so it’s going to get better for him. I heard the writers are going to take a turn with his persona in Season 2. He’s going to be more confident in himself and his powers. Can’t wait for that.

What needs work:

Improve Iris. Nothing else for now. AND I hope the writers won’t use Eddie’s sacrifice to push Iris and Barry together, that would be cheap and heartless. Although, this episode was great for Iris. You could see her really in love with Eddie when he told her to screw the future. I really liked them together. A shame they can’t have those scenes anymore.

But he was sucked into the worm hole so who knows what could have happened?

Maybe you missed it, but Eddie killed himself because Eobard was seconds away from killing Barry. It was a last second attempt at saving his life.

If you think about the time travel elements too hard your brain will melt.

Eddie kills himself so no RF so shouldn't that reset everything?

If Eddie killing himself opens up a completely different time line, what happens when Barry eventual goes to the future and there is no RF?

Future Barry gestures to past Barry not to save the mum but he would have had to have been past Barry at one point to know younger Barry was behind the door.

ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Really depends. I guess after he's been dead for a while, as well as all of his villains, there really wouldn't be an issue with revealing his real identity. Who could foresee that some crazy scientist would use that knowledge for time travel shenanigans?

wouldn't it also have to be after Bart Allen is no longer around either, as someone could make the family connection

Maybe you missed it, but Eddie killed himself because Eobard was seconds away from killing Barry. It was a last second attempt at saving his life.

Eddie decides never to have sex again in his life.

Eobard kills Barry and most of the rest of the Star Labs crew.

Eddie and Iris escape.

Eddie marries Iris.

Eddie abstains from sex on their wedding night and for the rest of their marriage.

Iris begs for sex year after year.

Eddie says that his no sex policy is instrumental in preventing Eobard from being born.

Iris reminds him that Eobard is still out there running around because his decision not to have sex didn't actually erase Thawne from existence the night he killed Barry.

Eddie is adamant that his no sex policy can't be in vain otherwise he's missed out on years of getting lucky.

does the museum really reveal his true identity? I mean, even if its after he's dead, that seems like a bad idea
After his death in comics, Wally told the world his identity to keep the memory of him alive, the museum kept it.
Cap 2 shows Steve's face pre-serum in the museum.

If you think about the time travel elements too hard your brain will melt.

Eddie kills himself so no RF so shouldn't that reset everything?

If Eddie killing himself opens up a completely different time line, what happens when Barry eventual goes to the future and there is no RF?

Future Barry gestures to past Barry not to save the mum but he would have had to have been past Barry at one point to know younger Barry was behind the door.

ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Or else he has seen the alternate realities and realised that Barry would be behind the door. He had also seen where that leads so stopped him.

But yes he could be current Barry just in the future but had past into timeline where his mother survived then came back in time to save himself and let his mother die.

Or else he has seen the alternate realities and realised that Barry would be behind the door. He had also seen where that leads so stopped him.

But yes he could be current Barry just in the future but had past into timeline where his mother survived then came back in time to save himself and let his mother die.

That's what I'm thinking. It's not the same Future Barry that we've seen in flashbacks to the night Nora Allen was murdered. The Future Barry that Season 1 Barry encounters is a Future Barry either from a different timeline or Season 1 Barry in the future (which I think is more likely). I think that this Future Barry that is there may have actually gone back to correct things, save himself and let his mother die again, because Barry at some other point did in fact save her and this resulted in something terrible.

I've never quite understood how/why Barry saving his mom, gets Bruce Wayne and his mom killed and causes Superman not to crash land in smallville, etc..? :confused:

It's the butterfly effect. One small change in one place has ripple effects everywhere. Maybe because Barry saved his mom, Barry's mom had some tiny interaction with someone, which led to that person having one with someone else, dozens or hundreds of times over that eventually led to some minor change in the mind of Joe Chill that led to him shooting the child instead of the adult. Maybe Barry's meddling with the speed force affected the speed of Kal-El's rocket, making it land at a different point in the Earth's rotation (to Metropolis instead of Smallville). I have no idea about the specifics, but overall it's just the butterfly effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"