The Flash season 2 episode 14 "Escape from Earth-2"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Rate "Escape from Earth-2"

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Was Geomancer just a distraction employed by Zoom to make Jay seem heroic and compel Caitlin to develop Velocity 9 more quickly? Maybe knowing there was no Flash to defend Central City, Jay would seemingly be the only one left to protect it and would need the speed drug as a matter of urgency.

2. Quasar Registered

I feel pretty confident the masked man is Jay. That's why he said Jay. Plus his hair line at the back of his head looks like Jay. And it could explain why he's still alive, because he's got a connection to the Speed Force, and Zoom is keeping him alive to somehow get more speed.

3. Guard82 Registered

Some nice intense moments with Zoom, and another great performance by Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost. Plus Jay got a lot of action, which was cool. The episode still left us with the mysteries of Zoom's identity and that masked prisoner's identity.

4. Hunter Rider Ronin

Zoom was fantastic in this ep, I just love the mystique and menace they have brought to the character, I am hoping the reveal can live up to the build they have put in!

I also liked the way Earth 2 Barry and Killer Frost's arc developed in the second part of this story, I wonder if Zoom killed her or if she got away while he chased after Team Flash?

5. zenith16 Registered

the only we'll know is if and when Barry makes the journey to get jay back and rescue the man in the iron mask that freaked when barry said jay was on earth 1.

But we know Barry will be detoured to battle killer frost with kara in super girl . so we'll have to see .

6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Barry and Kara don't battle Killer Frost in Supergirl. How would she even get to Supergirl's world as well? I thought it's Silver Banshee and Live Wire.

7. zenith16 Registered

lol yeah I was answering three threads and doing my usual thing and all after over time at work I was beat. drop dead tired I meant silver banshee and wrote killer frost.

hehe my girl friend just said it also doesn't help that there three platinum blond pale skinned villainess's between the shows that can make an all girl meta human female villain team or rock band (the latter part from me)

#132 zenith16, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  8. YoungE808 Registered

Another strong episode of The Flash leading to this two-parter being the best outside of the Arrow crossovers.

Pros:

• More Killer Frost
    • Jay Garrick finally displaying impressive feats
    • Zoom doing a brutality on Barry (again)
    • Jesse / Barry / Masked Man interactions
    • Cisco's evolution. S1 Cisco would never have held a gun to someone's head. Time's have changed and I love it
    • Jesse being reunited with Wells was the feel good moment of the season
    Cons:

• Zoom handing out flyers like a music venue intern
    • Zoom being the worst at hide and go seek
    • Zoom picking Star Labs as the last place to visit for Wells. Is he ******ed or did he not want to find him?
    • Barry from Earth 2 was annoying
    • I'm now more than ever curious as to who Zoom is? Earth 2 Hunter Zolomon? WHO IS HE!?

More here: https://soundcloud.com/kitchen-table-rants/the-flash-escape-from-earth-2-review

9. mr. peasant Registered

As vanishingly unlikely as it is now that we have the Man In The Iron Mask mystery setting Jay up as a traitor, I still so desperately want Jesse to turn out to be in cahoots with Zoom either from the onset or through weird Stockholm Syndrome. Otherwise, she's just a boring damsel in distress.

10. Hunter Rider Ronin

Speaking of the main in the iron mask, I think it's Wally.

11. Astro13Zombie Registered

I'm gonna lose my damn mind if I see one more person suggest that this blonde haired white man is earth 2 Wally.

:o

12. zenith16 Registered

well Killer Mcqueen said that to me once and I did consider it. But I still had a feeling it wasn't wally. ( I just know the man in the Iron mask is pure white) and with the last episode of Escape from earth 2 , another poster put up images of the man in the mask neck line and there was this noticeably mole or I should say birth mark of jay's the man in the mask has.

I will say, I do find it odd we didn't run into a version of Wally west there on earth 2. who's history is that he grew up knowing Joe was his father. but they did give them selves a limit of two days. and the last day they were chased back home.

Here's the quote of the poster with the images he/she put up below. From the general thread.

page :23

13. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

:lmao: Impressive feats? He saved three people from a building and then collapsed. Son makes MCU Slowsilver look fast.

He's like Superman from Truth.

Either this guy isn't a Speedster at all or that Velocity 6 really ****ed him up.

#138 BlueLanternKal, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  14. Batsfan1 Registered

I'm not %100 sure here, so don't quote me on it, but it seems kinda like the actor who plays Jay's neck isn't that long, doesn't it? The man in the iron mask's neck seems a little longer to me. Do you think the same thing. I'm just gonna put this out there, but Rick Cosnett's neck didn't seem as short to me, when I was just looking at pictures of him just now to compare the birth marks on the necks of the characters:
    [​IMG]
    I don't know. I'm not really sure myself. What do you think?

God bless you! God bless everyone!

15. mr. peasant Registered

Has anyone considered that the actor currently portraying the Man In The Iron Mask may only be a temporary stand-in and not necessarily the final actor meant to play the role? Meaning, all the physical clues in the world are not going to help you find the answer.

16. zenith16 Registered

what do I think? well I did take back the fact that the actor that played Eddie who's on Quantico of which the latter show which deals with alot of flash backs and present events for it. His character in the latter show supposed died form building fall in the present day in the latter show.

But that show is heavy with the flash backs. so I don't know. I know people are pushing the man in the iron mask is blond.

But it's still possible the actor is still attached to the show Quantico which is base in Montreal. unless his past scene on that show are over. I don't know what to say. I'm not sure if they are using him for that role in flash.

if he's back they might use him for some thing else . I'll just hold on to that in the unsure category.

what ever I'm sure the writers are having a good time with everyone from comic news outlets and some certain gamer news outlets that look at these's shows as much as fans like us that are trying to figure it out.

and if they do what you suggest they won't like the out come.

So they have to be careful with that. it's kinda pointless putting clues and saying they were never ever important from the jump. Real mystery writers even dump on writers less skilled in the genre of mystery novels for that. So they have to be really careful.

#141 zenith16, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  17. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Well this is cruel then.

18. Pokkle Registered

Clearly, his message was so short and simple that you could easly do it with yours hands.

(The episode was awesome tough.
    Zoom's mystery is great and Zoom himself is still awesome and scary.)

19. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Zoom's mystery IS great. But was anyone else surprised after Zoom thrashed Barry in the cell? No blood after all that, and when Jessie asked him if he's okay, he said "yeah, I'm okay", with a smirk, almost as if he was pleasantly surprised.

As the season has gone on, I love how confident Barry seems to be getting in regards to Zoom. I hope when, and if he beats him, it's strait up. Not plot induced, no help from Jay or other speedsters, just flat out, beating Zoom.

20. the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Not as good as the previous episode, but I feel this did some things pretty well.

E2 Barry proving himself to his wife when he really didn't have to was touching. Zoom stays imposing, while Killer Frost pretty much seals her fate (I really hope not).

What's interesting is that when Jesse and Barry were trying to figure out how to escape and he can't phase, they figure it's due to being on a different frequency. On top of that, Barry hasn't really phased through objects without a running start, so him getting frustrated at not being able to do so made sense. I didn't mind him needing that pep talk in order to it this time, even if I've complained about it in the past.

I think everyone telegraphed Jay getting grabbed and pulled in before the breach closed. It's a bit annoying how Jay is getting the shaft in general, so they better have something in future episodes that actually do the character justice. Then with the masked prisoner using code to spell out Jay, I'm thinking he's now the real Jay Garrick and the other is Hunter Zolomon posing as Jay, or it's a speed clone.

One more episode and I'll be caught up.

21. SelinaKitten Registered

I really hope we've not seen the last of Killer Frost in action after this episode

It would be a shame and it's not like bringing her back would be difficult from a practical point of view as her actress is part of the main cast

22. Mike Murdock Registered

I suspect she'll be back. They'll have to resolve this season, which requires another breach somehow. I suspect she'll make it through then (and there will be two Caitlin Snows around).

23. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Andrew said she might make a return so we know "the fate of Killer Frost" later in the season.

24. BH/HHH You Are My World

Watching this episode which btw was the best of the season has me convinced that Zom is Hunter Zolomon posing as Jay Garrick whose twin brother is the real Jay Garrick in the iron mask. I don't think there is anyway they would do a Man in the Iron Mask type situation and not go the twin route.

If you noticed aswell when they were waiting for Barry and co to come back through the breach Jay's hand was constantly moving and when Zoom appeared on Earth 2 again to grab Well's you'll notice that Jay moves slightly like he's just ran.

25. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well it doesn't have to be a biological twin as such. It can just be a doppleganger of some sort, which this season has been all about. They don't need to go the twin brother route but just the alternate earth counterpart route.