The Flash season 3 episode 14 "Attack on Central City"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Feb 11, 2017.

?

Rate "Attack on Central City

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I liked the episode.

Harry was way too mean to HR. Damn, dude.

I was surprised they didn't have Grodd control any of the speedsters.

Gypsy... my goodness.

2. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Not a bad episode, the CGI was really good, but I struggle with the inconsistent use of Barry's powers. I mean, he used the old vibrating hand to take down Solovar, but doesn't use it against Grodd - that was just a plot contrivance to allow the Grodd/ Solovar battle, which was fun, and yeah, it was a solution for getting the other Earth 2 Gorrillas to go home, but really the speedsters should be a lot more effective against the big apes - I mean, they are super-strong, but not invulnerable.

Some good moments though, I thought Barry's proposal was a strong character moment for him.

Tom Cavanagh has really been the standout performer in this show from day one - Gustin is very likeable, but TC has been superb from the very start.

Liked the cliffhanger ending.

I give this a solid 8/10.

3. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

So what was the back-up plane if Solovar had lost to Grodd?

Did anyone go for the legs? I couldn't tell.

I guess by not killing Grodd we can expect to see him again sometime, as soon as the producers can scrape up some more money for the VFX.

4. shabadoo25 Registered

Did anyone notice it was the same missile launcher from Arrow S1?

5. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

That's what I thought of when Harry spat in H.R's coffee cup.

6. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Seriously what a wasted potential. Grodd and an army of gorillas to attack the city, what happened ugh. I was glad to see Solivar return, but I was hoping for a full on attack that left the city in chaos .

Wally & Jesse didn't do much.

H.R. was useless

I loved Harry though

7. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

About that, I guess it goes as someone said last week about how they had to use the budget, which can be fine on its own.
    I admittedly agree that it's a disappointing episode that did not live to its potential.

He did tell them to look for military database to find the target person.

8. batdude Registered

It was an O.K episode. Not as good as last week's, but the Grodd/Solivar fight was cool. I'm sure Grodd will be back next season at least.

9. Maharion Registered

Is no one going to talk about Savitar coming back?!?!?

10. herolee10 No More Miracles

There's just one piece of logic that I don't get. Why would Team Flash recruit Solovar to beat Grodd if the former was defeated by Barry already? So if Barry could beat Solovar then shouldn't he be able to beat Grodd on his own.

I feel like they really dumbed down both Flash and Grodd in this episode. Barry has proven in the past that he's a lot stronger than what he displayed in last night's episode. And if Grodd can control minds, then why didn't he control team flash?

11. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

I wanted to save it for later.
    Welcome to the Hype. :)

12. Maharion Registered

This is very true. I just got ahead of myself and super excited when that last clip played!

13. Batmannerism Super-unknown

To quote myself....

Didn't want to spoil it for anyone who hadn't watched yet. Hopefully they do something unexpected....like have Savitar charge at Wally and then slow down and talk to him, because Wally's the traitor from Savitar's prophecy, and he got those speed powers at the price of betraying Barry and the gang.

If they're going to kill someone off, I imagine it will be Julian - he's gotten likeable enough for us to care if he dies, and Tom Felton probably has other projects to think about.

Who knows ? Wonder if they'll kill off Iris, as happened in the Flash comics
    on their wedding day, but with Savitar as the killer rather than Thawne.

Maybe if they do bring back Thawne, who kills Iris the series could end with Barry killing him - inspired by the classic Flash murder trial storyline.

So many possibilities. Which is what makes Flash such a fun show.

14. Guard82 Registered

I liked this a lot. The show still amazes me with how much good-looking CGI and visual effects they're able to incorporate on a TV budget. The gorillas all looked neat, and the fight between Solovar and Grodd was great.

15. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

I think the issue was more due to the fact that he was playing both Harry and HR in this episode, so they wanted to exaggerate their characteristics for contrast.

One thing was for sure. I missed Harry. It was really nice having him back.

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I think bits of Cavanagh's HR seeped through into his Harry. Maybe it's harder now to make them more distinct.

What would've been cool is having the two of them fight, or rather Harry picking a fight with HR, and then Jessie having to break it up.

And then it would've also been nice to have a scene between the two where HR offers Harry some advice that actually makes sense to the latter, and causes Harry to not regard HR with such contempt. Maybe Harry could also reveal that he's afraid that Jessie might end up liking HR better because he is more personable and approachable and could give Jessie the emotional affection that Harry never could. Then HR could assure him that he could never take Harry's place in Jessie's heart.

It seems that they didn't really come to any mutual understanding by the episode's end.

17. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

I think that would have been a lot to throw into an already pretty full (rushed) episode. I have a feeling it wont be the last interactions we see between these two. Maybe we'll get some of this play out.

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

There's an article here on why Harry Wells should be the one to stay on Earth 1 and how it makes no sense for him to go back to Earth 2 now that Jessie is remaining:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-flash/the-flash-why-harry-wells-belo-63493.aspx

I agree it doesn't quite fit his character to return. He was the one who thought they should stay but went back only because of Jessie. Now that she doesn't want to be there, what reason does he have to go back?

19. ZIPBAGS Registered

That's ok....On "Arrow" last night Curtis meets his husband for dinner at a restaurant that looks like CC Jitters. :cwink:

20. CrystalFortress Registered

Missile Launcher thing seemed forced to make it seem like Flash did anything. The ground not reacting even slightly to the giant apes jumping down 8 stories broke the immersion to otherwsie great CG. Harry > HR , him not staying at the end makes little sense. It would have been interesting twist if the Wells Barry saw in the future on the roof was always supposed to be Harry and saving HR didn't change anything.

21. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What if the Iris that Barry sees killed is Earth 2 Iris? Or another alternate Earth Iris?

22. Loki882 Registered

Honestly it's still a little odd that they're treated Jesse moving like it's some big deal. I mean it'd be one thing if traveling between universes was some really difficult thing to do. But at this point, they've made it REALLY easy (heck Cisco can just whip up a device that allows Supergirl to travel back and forth whenever she wants). Plus they like/respect Wells. So he could come over and visit Jesse whenever he chose.

It's little different than a child getting their own place for the first time, but it's close enough that the parent could come by and visit whenever they wanted to pretty much.

23. zenith16 Registered

they did say he's dieing of something unknown illness wise and yet the don't tell fill in jessie was used. I f it were me in wally place Id have said I've seen where that lead. for my own family. I'll give you time but you better tel her soon other wise I will .
    I'm getting tired of being caught up in that any more. two weeks harry. there the dead line. Damn repeat habit the writers over us with this in the show.

24. legendkillin Registered

I didn't feel like CC was threatened the gorilla army didn't do anything. The Solovar cgi did look better, thought the fights were disappointing.

25. legendkillin Registered

As for Savitar I wish they went a different route this season. We didn't need a third speedster villain, he has no personality. Savitar is just being sold as a physical threat, as a viewer I can't get into him or care.

Thawne was great physically and mentally as a threat.
    Zoom was a great physical threat. I didn't care for his motive he was bland as "Garrick".
    Savitar manages to have no personality because he has no real back story. Just killing Iris is suppose to make us hate him and that does not work for me.