The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 6 "Enter Zoom"

The problem with the Eddie Thawne theory is that, yes, Eddie died. Eddie died, because he deliberately *chose* to sacrifice his life to save the day. This really doesn't mesh with deciding to become the supreme evil villain.

I am sure that line is meant to be meaningful, but I'm guessing the hero it refers to is someone else than Zoom.

great episode. Loved how the tone of the episode changed so fast. a fun fake fight to Zoom destroying Barry.

Seemed like Zoom was just gonna kill Barry. and not take his speed. Or did he steal his speed?

Wonder if Wells is the reason Jay lost his speed, with the serum he developed and not Zoom. Why wouldn't Zoom just kill him like he was gonna kill Barry?

Well if I remember correctly, Zoom is obsessed with getting faster. Maybe his goal is to take Barry's speed. He may have done the same with Jay before he came to world 1.

The problem with the Eddie Thawne theory is that, yes, Eddie died. Eddie died, because he deliberately *chose* to sacrifice his life to save the day. This really doesn't mesh with deciding to become the supreme evil villain.

I am sure that line is meant to be meaningful, but I'm guessing the hero it refers to is someone else than Zoom.

And Harvey Dent chose to become the white knight of Gotham City. He didn't choose to become evil. He was driven to it. IF Eddie survived or was revived, it'd be an awesomely tragic turn for his character to find out the guy who gave his life to be the hero ultimately ended up being pushed to madness.

Last edited:

Another problem with the Eddie theory is that we know Zoom and Jay had spent two years fighting each other prior to Eddie's death, so unless Eddie's body also got transported through time when he got sucked in him being Zoom doesn't match up with the timeline. Earth 2 Eddie would probably be more likely than Earth 1 Eddie.

I gotta say I love that the show's use of time travel can keep everybody guessing with no guarantees of who it might be from simply the sheer volume of options, haha.

I gotta say I love that the show's use of time travel can keep everybody guessing with no guarantees of who it might be from simply the sheer volume of options, haha.

Right? I was thinking that same thing! I think of shows and time travel and the way they incorporate it, just throws off the whole show. It leaves too many questions and possibilities. However, Flash is pacing it really well with what they show in the other world, who they bring from the other world, and potential for what is to come in both universes.

I'm guessing she stole some clothing at the first opportunity, and then did her best to disappear. She's probably heading as far from Central City as possible. I can't blame her.

Maybe she fled over to Star City??

I'd prefer if Zoom was just Hunter Zoloman as opposed to Eddie, Joe, Henry Allen, or another verison of Barry. I like the idea of him being more unique and a new character from earth 2 like Jay Garrick, in which he isn't a doppleganger of a character in earth one that we already know.

Heck, i'd be fine if it was always a mystery who Zoom was . It makes him even more scary and more bad*** if he's got this mystique to him.

I'd prefer if Zoom was just Hunter Zoloman as opposed to Eddie, Joe, Henry Allen, or another verison of Barry. I like the idea of him being more unique and a new character from earth 2 like Jay Garrick, in which he isn't a doppleganger of a character in earth one that we already know.

Heck, i'd be fine if it was always a mystery who Zoom was . It makes him even more scary and more bad*** if he's got this mystique to him.

I agree. Good post.

Zoom was an extremely terrifying enemy, and he certainly lived up to all of the buildup he had received in previous episodes. I'm sure that Barry and Jay will have to assemble a team of other Flashes, and maybe other superheroes as well, to take this guy down.

Aside from Zoom, the rest of the episode was also great and had some of the funniest moments. The whole training session for Linda was hilarious, with her humorous efforts to impersonate Dr. Light and Cisco's use of cardboard cutouts of all the Star Labs people. LOL!

And the scene where Barry and Linda finally perform their act to try to draw out Zoom was really funny. I loved how they kept using very lame, ham-handed lines of dialogue in their little "hero vs. villain" act. And Cisco's reaction to it was great, with him saying, "Next time I need to write better dialogue." LOL!

I like the idea of Earth-1 Eddie becoming an extremely scary speed demon.

Hate the idea of Zoom being a new character (like Hunter Zolomon).

Hate the idea of Zoom being revealed as a new character. It has no impact, imo.

Now, this is something I'd be 100% cool with.

In this case , I don't think the point has to be having some impact. He's already shown he's bad*** and has had an impact on the show already. I just think the character is stronger if he's not just a doppleganger to another the earth one characters than if he is because it means he's unique and is his own entity without being an alternate version of someone else. If anything it'd be a bit underwhelming if it was just another doppleganger imo. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

But yeah, I think the idea of Zoom's identity remaining a secret would be cool.

In this case , I don't think the point has to be having some impact. He's already shown he's bad*** and has had an impact on the show already. I just think the character is stronger if he's not just a doppleganger to another the earth one characters than if he is because it means he's unique and is his own entity without being an alternate version of someone else. If anything it'd be a bit underwhelming if it was just another doppleganger imo. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

But yeah, I think the idea of Zoom's identity remaining a secret would be cool.

I would totally buy Zoom as a force of nature or some weird aspect of the Speed Force personified.

However if Zoom was once a person, I will say I'd rather he be a doppelgänger rather than a brand new character they'd randomly introduce down the line somebody who's identity remains secret for some time. Over-extended mysteries tend to either be disappointing or frustratingly unsatisfied (see Lost, e.g. Who are the Others, Who is Jacob, what is the smoke monster, Whats with these spiral notebooks, etc.)

I have watched this episode three times already. So good, even if Zoom over did it a bit. :woot:

Finally got a chance to watch this. Last half was amazing. Zoom is so awesome. :D

Zoom was an extremely terrifying enemy, and he certainly lived up to all of the buildup he had received in previous episodes. I'm sure that Barry and Jay will have to assemble a team of other Flashes, and maybe other superheroes as well, to take this guy down.

Aside from Zoom, the rest of the episode was also great and had some of the funniest moments. The whole training session for Linda was hilarious, with her humorous efforts to impersonate Dr. Light and Cisco's use of cardboard cutouts of all the Star Labs people. LOL!

And the scene where Barry and Linda finally perform their act to try to draw out Zoom was really funny. I loved how they kept using very lame, ham-handed lines of dialogue in their little "hero vs. villain" act. And Cisco's reaction to it was great, with him saying, "Next time I need to write better dialogue." LOL!
I think you may be onto something! Zoom's presence in the show has been so subtle, we keep hearing of the villain yet his identity remained a secret until now! I keep thinking that it could potentially be the start of Legends of Tomorrow. However, it is slated for 2016. It may be a little glimpse!

Also the whole cheesy segment of Light and Flash, just made my night a little more comical. Also marking part of the reason why I prefer the lighter tone of The Flash.

If the other timeline, where Wells killed Cisqo, still exists I wonder if Zoom has the ability to go there and recruit the Thawne/ Wells to bring him to this timeline.

I wish they would stop saying "Wells" killed Barry's mother. Because he didn't. It's already known that the Earth 1 Wells was killed by Eobard Thawne years ago.
I hope they stop that too.

So after seeing tonight's episode, who would you guys list as the most intimidating Villain in this DC Universe?

1. Zoom

2. Slade Wilson/Deathstroke

3. Damien Dark
1. Zoom

2. Reverse Flash

3. Gorilla Grodd

Epic introduction. Zoom humiliated Barry. He's the greatest villain. Can't wait for the part two episode.

Last edited:
I think the voice was maybe a little too much, but I love his look and how he handled Barry.

Epic introduction. Zoom humiliated Barry. He's the greatest villain. Can't wait for the part two episode.

When I watched it, I got a sort of Dark Knight Rises vibe to it. As we saw Batman being humiliated by Bane, not publicly I could tell that he was truly broken. When I saw Barry being dragged around by Zoom, he knew that he had truly been defeated. I see a sort of war between the two come soon, and Jay Garrick is going to come back and train Barry to be ready for Zoom. The parallels between the two are kinda ridiculous, but it works well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"