The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 14 "Attack on Central City"

It doesn't help that we haven't seen him much so far. He shows up briefly, then goes off to do whatever for episodes at a time, and then just when you start to forget about him, he comes back and it's like "oh right, Megatron-wannabe is supposed to be our main villain this season I guess."

Fun to watch, I was hoping the gorilla cgi wouldn't be dumb. I was also half-hoping they would get some practical effects/men in suits, but alas.. And I guess it's easier to portray all this stuff at night compared to daytime..

so did Grodd get shipped back to the Earth 2? He's not at a STAR Labs prison is he?

So Barry wants Iris to marry him? Okay-- this is probably not going to go well..

I'm really liking this season that the big bad isn't overtaking every episode. Last season was over-Zoomed. That said I agree with everything said about Savitar. I wish they would make more episodes with the Rogues.

Fun to watch, I was hoping the gorilla cgi wouldn't be dumb. I was also half-hoping they would get some practical effects/men in suits, but alas.. And I guess it's easier to portray all this stuff at night compared to daytime..

so did Grodd get shipped back to the Earth 2? He's not at a STAR Labs prison is he?

So Barry wants Iris to marry him? Okay-- this is probably not going to go well..

Doing it practically would have been interesting but a lot more expensive and time consuming than the CGI. Plus these apes are meant to be larger than normal (which means difficulty with scenes on the street) and they fight scene would have been to slow (they are meant to be enhanced creatures).

Barry says Lyla took him into custody at ARGUS.

The episode ended with Iris not answering the question so my guess is the next one starts with her saying no.

It was a good episode and I loved that it had two super gorillas fighting. A lot of fun there. Wellls pretending he was dying to manipulate Jesse and Wally was great.

Also the writers or FX team need to pull up their socks - the map on the computer screen clearly shows the app are already in the city the Cisco or Caitlin states the are "just outside the city".

I could be wrong on this one, but the scene of Grodd looking down on the city showed the forest almost completely encircles the city, but haven't previous episodes shown that the Central City's waterfront extends the length of both sides of the bay? Is it a lake? I don't recall any episodes showing the city has shipyards.

The computer screens show Keystone City is also a target for the missile and it looks like it sits on the opposite side of river. I knew it was referenced before and that it was the original setting in the comics, but what is Keystone City in the Arrowverse? Is it a part of Central or a separate city?

I'm really liking this season that the big bad isn't overtaking every episode. Last season was over-Zoomed. That said I agree with everything said about Savitar. I wish they would make more episodes with the Rogues.

I agree. However, even though Savitar doesn't appear he is still the main focus. So it is still too much big bad.

I think further seasons should have smaller arcs and some standalone episodes. I'm glad that TV shows now are serialised thanks to the influence of Netflix and the like, but that mean it has to be the entire season. I also want to see non-speed related villains who are a challenge to Barry.

Last edited:
I dig the Gorillas so much ! Man, I wish they were more present in the show. I noticed that Gorilla City was not exceptional CGI, and even Grodd/Salivar are clearly CGI but still, the 2 Gorillas are really well done and I dig them so much.

I think they could/should maybe do an entire season about Gorilla City. That would be a blast. For a small TV budget, I find they did an excellent job for Grodd and Solivar. :up:

I wonder if we'll see more of the steampunk Earth's Flash or it was just a quick cameo.

Good episode overall. Not the best. Again, loved Harrison and Cisco. Barry's scenes with Iris were nice as was the proposal. Wally and Jessie are cute together, and despite that they didn't touch at all on the ramifications of her abandoning Earth 2 to its super criminals, I do like her and hope she stays on for a while.
(All they had to do was say how there were other superheros on Earth 2 who could take up the slack...)
And no, it's not because she's the only one I really like to see in that Flash-suit...

I was expecting more with the Gorilla Army. Grodd clearly doesn't understand nuclear weapons if he thinks his army being in stomping distance was going to keep them from being decimated if the nuke had gone off.

Plus, when an army of intelligent gorillas is about to attack your city, go to that military base that was conveniently close and get an army of your own!!

That's a big problem with shows like this, where they pull up this huge story line, but don't have any way to pull it off convincingly.

I did like them having Salizar, no Savitar... no... the Gray Gorilla coming back to beat Grodd and turn the army around. Though the fight between them and the Speedsters before that was pretty lame...

They can run at super-speed and slam a fist into someone going at Mach 1, but they can't trip up even one ape..?

Ugh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"