The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 14 "Escape from Earth-2"

Briefly. Was she tied to anything story-wise? Earth 2 Eddie hasn't appeared either.

I think the person in the Iron Mask is either Earth-2 Eddie Thawne or Earth-2 Patty Spivot.

Why hide his face though? You put a mask on someone its because you don't want them to be seen. I don't see why Eddie would need to be hidden in such a way and not outright killed by Zoom. The man in the Iron Mask must have something Zoom still needs and he must be recognisable to us and anyone who arrives in the lair. Logically his face would give away only one thing, that someone out there isn't who they say they are.

Has no one been wondering why Earth-2 Wells has his very own time vault? I could understand that he maybe has his own secret room somewhere, but why does it look and operate exactly as the time vault built by Eobard Thawne, who's from the frikkin future?

Nathan, it's probably just the writers being sloppy, as they've been for much of season 2.You can fanwank some other explanation but I suspect that's the real reason.

Has no one been wondering why Earth-2 Wells has his very own time vault? I could understand that he maybe has his own secret room somewhere, but why does it look and operate exactly as the time vault built by Eobard Thawne, who's from the frikkin future?

Seemed to me like it looked the same, without serving the same function. He specifically said it was for protection. And we've already seen that E2 is more advanced than E1. Plus I don't think there's anything to indicate it was a very distant future piece of tech anyway.

Finally got around to seeing last night's episode. Zoom HAS to be directly linked to Jay. the similarities between their motivations and the new clues provided by the ever reliable masked dude have me convinced. And if Jay has nothing to do with Zoom, It has to be Francine!

My full review of the episode and my whacked out theories:
http://otlnews.net/2016/02/17/the-flash-review-s2-ep-14-escape-from-earth-2/

The guy in the mask is... clearly a man. I'd say there's a 0.0000000001% chance it's Patty Spivot, lol.

My first guess is it's Jay from another Earth, second might be Eddie, but I can't see why he'd be relevant, or why he'd spell Jay. Maybe that's just my lack of Flash knowledge, lol.

Last edited:
Sorry if it's been said, don't want to read the thread to avoid spoilers before I've finished the episode, but earth 2 Barry is the spitting image of amazing fantasy 15 Peter Parker

My theory:

Man in mask is Wally West (Earth 2).
Zoom is Henry Allen (Earth 2).

How is it that it's always so obvious when a new love interest is introduced? I'm referring to Iris' new boss. Could be wrong but on all these shows its been pretty clear

Anyone else think that the guy in the helmet is Earth-2 Eddie
here's the thing I don't think it's Eddie the actor that plays him is in Montreal here as part of the main cast of the show quntico it'll be a bit before we see him again so no it's not eddie.

I think one of two thing is happening zoom is really messing with every one and it's possible the Jay that's been with the star labs team, isn't the real Jay at all and he's some one else. he's been caught in two lies and earth dr.wells did say Jay was hiding secrets of his own and jay was too over board with his blame of earth 2 dr.well in Jay jona Jameson style and that usually heads to something up with the accuser.

it's possible that the Jay that has been at star labs is some sort of accomplice (if he is his own person) there's alot off with him.

it'll be interesting if there are two villain at play here as the big bad. if it's jay's arch enemy Edward Clariss/The Rival that's linked to the serum velocity 9 in the books as CBR hinted it will be interesting if E.C. has been partners with Zoom in the show and playing the star labs team this whole time.

Last edited:
But why didn't Iron Mask just "air write" the letters/words he wanted to say on the glass ?

Better than some shady morse code no ?
it's related to that helmet of his that activates his powers it's a world war I era helmet and from his family like from his dad in the books

so it was hint/ shout out to those that know the flash history involving Jay. morse code would be the only he knows how to communicate if he 's unable to speak & he doesn't know sign language unlike some of us do or any other way to talk ,if he can't speak. and air writing words doesn't work for alot of people.

Especially in a panic. It may not be what you want to hear but there are alot people that bad at that, next to people that are bad at the game of pictionary.

HE's also Blonde
dun dun dun!
cqqm1csvaaetmmk-jpg.jpg

:o

Let me start off by saying how I like The Flash, and have been a Flash fan since the 60's. This show has a lot going for it, but they seem to be doing some lazy writing that is making the show silly.

Well, tonight's episode had some interesting developments, but the big disappointment was how the writing is getting very bad at handling action details. It's like they don't have a script editor.

For instance, our gang had 3 guns between them for 2 episodes. They pointed those guns on numerous occasions, but never fired them, even when they really needed to. It was like watching an episode of Monkey (substitute any cheap kung-fu film if you don't know Monkey), where he was surrounded by monsters/demons/peasants with weapons, which, if all used at once, might make him lose the fight. But they don't use the weapons, of course, they just point them and bounce around in what they hope is a menacing way. And that's what our gang did here. Pointed and bounced menacingly, but never used the weapons. It was laughable. They just were never going to fire those weapons.
Not even when Killer Frost had Zoom helpless - HELPLESS! For the first time ever, they had Zoom on the back foot. Did they shoot him? Did Barry run in & try to KO him at super-speed? Nope. They all just ran away, leaving Killer Frost, who had just helped them, to certain death.

And then, where did they run to? STAR Labs, of course, because that's where the breach is. Of course, that's the first place Zoom would look, so they must have known they only had seconds before he got there. How did they spend that time? Why, talking, of course. Talking soap opera crap until the alarm showed that Zoom was approaching. So they leave too late, Wells gets caught, and then Jay, foolishly standing with his back - HIS BACK - to the slowly closing breach (why did it close slowly? the other ones closed quickly) which had a dangerous enemy on the other side, get dragged back through.

Don't even get me started on Barry, locked in a cell which is carbide on one side, but stone on the others. Why not try to vibrate through the stone, Barry? What's that? It's not in the dumb script? Oh.

I tell ya - I was yelling at the screen. The writers are getting stupider, and making the characters stupider to make the plots work. Really really dumb stuff. No wonder Marvel are knocking them for 6 in every area. It makes me angry. And sad.

I agree for the most part, but Marvel movies and shows have plenty of dumb stuff too, but I digress. Speaking of silliness, the Geomancer entering Star Labs, anyone can still enter there despite everything that has happened. :whatever:

It's a shame the show keeps repeating stuff like this, the producers may think it's funny, but it's not.

The Iron Mask man is white and blond, so yeah, it could be Jay, maybe the other Jay was an impostor (plastic surgery for example). On Zoom, if he's not Edward Clariss and the producers want him to be someone we know for shock value, then Henry Allen fits the bill, similar height and body frame, hopefully the reveal will happen in the next five episodes.

I used to think Jay, Barry and Wally will together take down Zoom, but now I'm not so sure about Jay. Of all the things the man in the mask could say, he said the name "Jay". Either he is the real Jay, or he knows something about Jay. Either way, I think Jay's bad news.

I thought the first half of the episode was good but there was some pretty weak writing in places and very very convenient plot devices to wrap the arc up. But Killer Frost really stole the show for me. Panabaker was great in the role.

Of course it did throw up a few mysteries and twists but I'd have liked better writing connecting all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"