The Flash season 2 episode 14 "Escape from Earth-2"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Rate "Escape from Earth-2"

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Hard to think it's her.

He did.

2. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Briefly. Was she tied to anything story-wise? Earth 2 Eddie hasn't appeared either.

3. 04nbod I need to debrief you

Why hide his face though? You put a mask on someone its because you don't want them to be seen. I don't see why Eddie would need to be hidden in such a way and not outright killed by Zoom. The man in the Iron Mask must have something Zoom still needs and he must be recognisable to us and anyone who arrives in the lair. Logically his face would give away only one thing, that someone out there isn't who they say they are.

4. Nathan Registered

Has no one been wondering why Earth-2 Wells has his very own time vault? I could understand that he maybe has his own secret room somewhere, but why does it look and operate exactly as the time vault built by Eobard Thawne, who's from the frikkin future?

5. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

Nathan, it's probably just the writers being sloppy, as they've been for much of season 2.You can fanwank some other explanation but I suspect that's the real reason.

6. Da-Scribe <-- Me

Seemed to me like it looked the same, without serving the same function. He specifically said it was for protection. And we've already seen that E2 is more advanced than E1. Plus I don't think there's anything to indicate it was a very distant future piece of tech anyway.

7. JJmelo Registered

Finally got around to seeing last night's episode. Zoom HAS to be directly linked to Jay. the similarities between their motivations and the new clues provided by the ever reliable masked dude have me convinced. And if Jay has nothing to do with Zoom, It has to be Francine!

My full review of the episode and my whacked out theories:
    http://otlnews.net/2016/02/17/the-flash-review-s2-ep-14-escape-from-earth-2/

8. Speed Force Goober

9. TheBat812 Registered

The guy in the mask is... clearly a man. I'd say there's a 0.0000000001% chance it's Patty Spivot, lol.

My first guess is it's Jay from another Earth, second might be Eddie, but I can't see why he'd be relevant, or why he'd spell Jay. Maybe that's just my lack of Flash knowledge, lol.

#109 TheBat812, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  10. Venomfan Registered

Sorry if it's been said, don't want to read the thread to avoid spoilers before I've finished the episode, but earth 2 Barry is the spitting image of amazing fantasy 15 Peter Parker

11. Thanos Registered

My theory:

Man in mask is Wally West (Earth 2).
    Zoom is Henry Allen (Earth 2).

12. Venomfan Registered

How is it that it's always so obvious when a new love interest is introduced? I'm referring to Iris' new boss. Could be wrong but on all these shows its been pretty clear

13. Travesty Registered

The man in the mask is a white dude.

14. Yellow Flash Registered

lol.

15. SuperBatman Registered

HE's also Blonde

16. Travesty Registered

What's so funny about it? He is.

Yup

17. zenith16 Registered

here's the thing I don't think it's Eddie the actor that plays him is in Montreal here as part of the main cast of the show quntico it'll be a bit before we see him again so no it's not eddie.

I think one of two thing is happening zoom is really messing with every one and it's possible the Jay that's been with the star labs team, isn't the real Jay at all and he's some one else. he's been caught in two lies and earth dr.wells did say Jay was hiding secrets of his own and jay was too over board with his blame of earth 2 dr.well in Jay jona Jameson style and that usually heads to something up with the accuser.

it's possible that the Jay that has been at star labs is some sort of accomplice (if he is his own person) there's alot off with him.

it'll be interesting if there are two villain at play here as the big bad. if it's jay's arch enemy Edward Clariss/The Rival that's linked to the serum velocity 9 in the books as CBR hinted it will be interesting if E.C. has been partners with Zoom in the show and playing the star labs team this whole time.

#117 zenith16, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  18. zenith16 Registered

it's related to that helmet of his that activates his powers it's a world war I era helmet and from his family like from his dad in the books

so it was hint/ shout out to those that know the flash history involving Jay. morse code would be the only he knows how to communicate if he 's unable to speak & he doesn't know sign language unlike some of us do or any other way to talk ,if he can't speak. and air writing words doesn't work for alot of people.

Especially in a panic. It may not be what you want to hear but there are alot people that bad at that, next to people that are bad at the game of pictionary.

19. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

But what if Earth-2 Wally is white?
    Nu52 Wally is black, and his dad is white.
    :exp:

20. Astro13Zombie Registered

dun dun dun!
    [​IMG]
    :o

21. Mikelus Intellectualis

I agree for the most part, but Marvel movies and shows have plenty of dumb stuff too, but I digress. Speaking of silliness, the Geomancer entering Star Labs, anyone can still enter there despite everything that has happened. :whatever:

It's a shame the show keeps repeating stuff like this, the producers may think it's funny, but it's not.

The Iron Mask man is white and blond, so yeah, it could be Jay, maybe the other Jay was an impostor (plastic surgery for example). On Zoom, if he's not Edward Clariss and the producers want him to be someone we know for shock value, then Henry Allen fits the bill, similar height and body frame, hopefully the reveal will happen in the next five episodes.

22. storm-x-fan Registered

I used to think Jay, Barry and Wally will together take down Zoom, but now I'm not so sure about Jay. Of all the things the man in the mask could say, he said the name "Jay". Either he is the real Jay, or he knows something about Jay. Either way, I think Jay's bad news.

23. Babillygunn New Age Outlaw

Mr T?

I like this theory

24. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

It's not E2 Wally.

25. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

I thought the first half of the episode was good but there was some pretty weak writing in places and very very convenient plot devices to wrap the arc up. But Killer Frost really stole the show for me. Panabaker was great in the role.

Of course it did throw up a few mysteries and twists but I'd have liked better writing connecting all of them.