The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 6 "Enter Zoom"

When I watched it, I got a sort of Dark Knight Rises vibe to it. As we saw Batman being humiliated by Bane, not publicly I could tell that he was truly broken. When I saw Barry being dragged around by Zoom, he knew that he had truly been defeated. I see a sort of war between the two come soon, and Jay Garrick is going to come back and train Barry to be ready for Zoom. The parallels between the two are kinda ridiculous, but it works well!
what will happen is Jay will come back and help Barry defeat Zoom by likly getting his powers back or mayb via the spped force sharing. Train??? we'll see.

When I watched it, I got a sort of Dark Knight Rises vibe to it. As we saw Batman being humiliated by Bane, not publicly I could tell that he was truly broken. When I saw Barry being dragged around by Zoom, he knew that he had truly been defeated. I see a sort of war between the two come soon, and Jay Garrick is going to come back and train Barry to be ready for Zoom. The parallels between the two are kinda ridiculous, but it works well!

If you read Knightfall the parallels are even greater, Zoom sending metas through to test Barry, Bane causing a prison break to study Batman and tire him out, Zoom and Bane crippling their respective opponents, and then publicly parading them around so that the entire city would know that they had beaten them.

what will happen is Jay will come back and help Barry defeat Zoom by likly getting his powers back or mayb via the spped force sharing. Train??? we'll see.

The crossover episode description mentioned a serum made by Wells to increase speed being tested on Jay, so I'm wondering if that may reboot Jay's powers or at least allow him to have powers for a certain amount of time.

Great way to establish Zoom. He manhandled and Knightfalled Barry while showing the world what he did to the hero of Central City.

Seeing Cisco bumble around trying to touch Wells. The staged fight between Linda and Barry was so cheesy in a good way. I loved it.

The crossover episode description mentioned a serum made by Wells to increase speed being tested on Jay, so I'm wondering if that may reboot Jay's powers or at least allow him to have powers for a certain amount of time.
ohhh that will be interesting and should do since he made that other [BLACKOUT]serum[/BLACKOUT] last week even though zoom beat barry down. It makes alot of sense.

I have to go back and watch it again but I definitely see it from recalling the scenes. We'll see Jay for the crossover.

That was one of the best episodes of the Flash period!

The fight between Barry and Zoom was just wow, can we even call it a fight? Zoom wrecked Barry.

I admit at first I was worried Zoom was jus going to be a new Reverse Flash but he is so much more, he's terrifying. I'm pretty sure whoever Zoom is he will be an Earth 2 counterpart of someone.

Really can't wait for next week.

I think Zoom might not be [blackout]Barry Allen II[/blackout] but [blackout]Henry Allen[/blackout]. I think Zoom got a different blast of lighting. Considering Robert Queen in Green Arrow on Earth II much like Flashpoint Thomas Wayne became Batman.

That's my theory too

Wow! That was an amazing episode. It went from funny to serious **** in no time! Zoom was a beast! I think it'll take wally west, flash, and Jay to take him down.
I kinda think zoom will end up being Barry's dad. His stature is too big to be Barry.
But 10/10 on this episode! Amazing!
Hopefully Barry won't take too long to recover. And Jay will get his powers back soon.

I forgot about Wally, all we need next season is Bart and we can have four Flashes on the show at one time :woot:

Totally gonna take a team of Flashes to beat him

This aired in the Uk tonight, I did honestly not think they would be able to top RF from last season as a bad guy, and I was getting a buck sick of Zoom sending others to kill Barry and was beginning to think he wasn't that big of a threat.

But wow, I don't anymore, he destroyed Barry physically and spiritually, and Barry is going to need some recovery time from this. Zoom is quite literally a monster, well done show writers.

As always... Steps forwards, steps back...

The pros:

1. As with everybody else, I loved the way Zoom was handled. From the build up of him NOT showing up to his sudden appearance and the fight that followed. All really good stuff. This was a full on "legendary" super villain, crushing the hero physically and then crushing those he protects emotionally. The visual worked as did the "performance" combining the on set actor and Todd's voice work. I think we will get a "connection" with Barry in some way when the ID of Zoom is revealed. Earth 2 Joe, Henry or Barry are my guesses.

2. I liked that Barry revealed his ID as the Flash to Linda in a way that felt natural and not forced. It was handled where it wasn't melodramatic but felt true. It showed that Barry cares enough to share as well as is self aware enough to take Joe's advice to heart and consider his own motivations.

3. This episode had a moment I REALLY appreciated, though in the end it was for naught plot wise, but still... Cisco and Snow in the STAR command center did a kind of play by play of the fight Barry and Zoom have. Here, the PIT CREW as it were, didn't feed Barry strategy or scientific information or calculations, they were used to fill the audience in to the finer points of a fight between speed gods, in which, yeah, there shouldn't be time for exposition or conversations while Barry is battling it out at near luminal speeds. This was the proper use of the Pit Crew. It showed Barry had a scientific mind and understands how to use his science background to realize the potentials in use of his powers. Unless they start using and internal monologue (dear God... Why aren't they?) THIS is the way to give information to the audience without undercutting Barry as a competent super hero with some brains.

Now on the other hand...

The Cons:

1. As always.... Why the forced drama? Why always with the secrets that get revealed an episode or two later to little or no consequence? Cisco's vibing or Wells and his daughter or Patty's "I am out of the loop" pity party... Who cares? This is just filler for each episode to inject nonsense drama that gets resolved next episode in ways that seem to do little but drag things out. Nothing gets deeper or is "better" because it's dragged out it's just useless drama, which is one of this show's worst problems.

2. Again with the inconsistency of powers. Only now it's the villain you just built up into a monster. Zoom at blinding velocity races across the city to show everyone how he beat Barry to a pulp. We saw how total a beat down speed wise it was and then Zoom EFFORTLESSLY catches EVERY SINGLE BULLET shot at him by the CCPD, and then was also shown easily catching the dart Wells shoots at him. So of course it makes total sense when Cisco does THE EXACT SAME THING but he's able to land his shot no problem... I'm sorry that was a typo... I MEANT IT MAKES NO SENSE AT WHEN CISCO DOES THE EXACT SAME THING BUT HIS DART HITS ZOOM! Before anyone chimes in... Yeah, it's a show about super humans with totally fictitious powers and you have to have conflict and action and so on... Still, there seems to be that element of, "We need X to happen so despite it being WILDLY inconsistent to what we've taken pains to illustrate and impress upon the audience Y will now happen. Hey, it's a comic book super hero show, that's a get out of jail free card in terms of writing, right?" This brings us to them not THINKING at all in some instances. The writers didn't think at all when they came up with Dr. Light trying to kill Linda, and they didn't think when they formulated the confrontation between her and Flash last episode and they didn't think when revealing Light's other powers this episode which makes much what was done with her in the introductory story nonsensical. It's frustrating when there are so many other things that I like about the show that the attitude of "it's super heroes, it can be sloppy" seems to me, to be the creative teams approach to too much of the show.

Dark knight rises is my favorite movie of all time so nothing wrong with that. So when zoom fights flash again is he going to say you came to back to die with your city lol.

Dark knight rises is my favorite movie of all time so nothing wrong with that. So when zoom fights flash again is he going to say you came to back to die with your city lol.
Man, you definitely need to watch a lot more movies.

The Cons:

2. Again with the inconsistency of powers. Only now it's the villain you just built up into a monster. Zoom at blinding velocity races across the city to show everyone how he beat Barry to a pulp. We saw how total a beat down speed wise it was and then Zoom EFFORTLESSLY catches EVERY SINGLE BULLET shot at him by the CCPD, and then was also shown easily catching the dart Wells shoots at him. So of course it makes total sense when Cisco does THE EXACT SAME THING but he's able to land his shot no problem... I'm sorry that was a typo... I MEANT IT MAKES NO SENSE AT WHEN CISCO DOES THE EXACT SAME THING BUT HIS DART HITS ZOOM! Before anyone chimes in... Yeah, it's a show about super humans with totally fictitious powers and you have to have conflict and action and so on... Still, there seems to be that element of, "We need X to happen so despite it being WILDLY inconsistent to what we've taken pains to illustrate and impress upon the audience Y will now happen. Hey, it's a comic book super hero show, that's a get out of jail free card in terms of writing, right?" This brings us to them not THINKING at all in some instances. The writers didn't think at all when they came up with Dr. Light trying to kill Linda, and they didn't think when they formulated the confrontation between her and Flash last episode and they didn't think when revealing Light's other powers this episode which makes much what was done with her in the introductory story nonsensical. It's frustrating when there are so many other things that I like about the show that the attitude of "it's super heroes, it can be sloppy" seems to me, to be the creative teams approach to too much of the show.

I took it that Zoom was slightly more distracted, that he was on the verge of killing another speedster; so at that moment, he figured he had won. He had beaten his only real threat.

In other words, his over-confidence at that moment made him drop his guard.

I took it that Zoom was slightly more distracted, that he was on the verge of killing another speedster; so at that moment, he figured he had won. He had beaten his only real threat.

That was my thinking in that scene as well, wasn't even an issue for me during the episode.

Yeah, I had no issue with this. Zoom was clearly deeply into his villainous gloating rant, and invests a lot in terrifying others. Him being potentially blindsides when so involved works for me.

That's how I interpreted it, Zoom may have destroyed Barry mentally and physically, but Zoom also made the mistake of revealing one of his weaknesses, which is his ego, I would not be surprised at all if his ego played a part in how Barry will eventually take him down.

I had been thinking about this but could anyone possibly be thinking Eddie Thawne is Zoom. I know if it at least follow part of the comics Proffesor Zoom is Eddie Thawne.

I had been thinking about this but could anyone possibly be thinking Eddie Thawne is Zoom. I know if it at least follow part of the comics Proffesor Zoom is Eddie Thawne.

Zoom and Professor Zoom are not the same character. Professor Zoom is another name for the Reverse Flash, whose name is Eobard Thawne and was the villain last season. I doubt Eddie is Zoom, Eddie's been dead for less than a year, also worth noting that Jay and Zoom spent two years fighting each other prior to the singularity in season 1's finale. They could always bring in some time travel with Zoom that would make it possible, but I don't think he's Eddie.

Zoom and Professor Zoom are not the same character. Professor Zoom is another name for the Reverse Flash, whose name is Eobard Thawne and was the villain last season. I doubt Eddie is Zoom, Eddie's been dead for less than a year, also worth noting that Jay and Zoom spent two years fighting each other prior to the singularity in season 1's finale. They could always bring in some time travel with Zoom that would make it possible, but I don't think he's Eddie.

I'm talking about Eddie Thawne of Earth 2 he can't be dead in the comic Eddie Thawne is the Reverse Flash also AKA Professor Zoom. Jay mentioned he did not know who Zoom is and I figured it was a logical thought.

Let me know when that happens. :D

Calling the actress who plays Hawkgirl ugly is hardly respect.

I never called her ugly :huh:

Edit: nevermind, took a stupidly long time to realize you were still talking about superboy13 in the second half of your post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"