The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 14 "Escape from Earth-2"

I really love the look of Earth 2, man.

Only complaints with this episode are Geomancer just showing up at STAR Labs, Jessie turning into an idiot, and Jay standing by the breach.

I really love the look of Earth 2, man.

Only complaints with this episode are Geomancer just showing up at STAR Labs, Jessie turning into an idiot, and Jay standing by the breach.
That's not Jay. :cwink:

Great episode.
goddamn zoom is so awesome. :D

Jay noooooooooooooooooooo

lol true.

Though I'm still wondering on two major plotholes...

1. How the bad place did Geomancer find Team Flash at Star Labs?

2. Where was Barry coming from when he entered the room where Zoom was (temporarily) holding Wells hostage? It looked like he was coming out of a portal but we never saw him go through one.

No idea for 1, but for 2: Barry dragged Jesse and Cisco through and immediately returned (remember, only speedsters can traverse the breaches, so Barry had to get them through). He had to leave Wells behind because he only had two hands for Cisco and Jesse. While he dropped those two off, Zoom appeared and grabbed Wells.

No idea for 1, but for 2: Barry dragged Jesse and Cisco through and immediately returned (remember, only speedsters can traverse the breaches, so Barry had to get them through). He had to leave Wells behind because he only had two hands for Cisco and Jesse. While he dropped those two off, Zoom appeared and grabbed Wells.
last week show contradicts that part in red cisco and earth 2 well went through fine with out barry using his powers to traverseto earth 2 and earth 2 dr.wells went through with out a speedster on his own the day he saved barry from king shark infront of patty

tumblr_o2o81op45z1uo1viko1_500.gif

tumblr_nhu4nvaBG61shc7afo1_500.jpg

yeah just wait for the turn around when it turns out he wasn't really in danger. though if Jay is zoom I want to know how he pulled this off . it seems he was able to be in two places(earths) at once and that just weird. hmmm

• "Bring Me Wells" burning message reminded me of the flaming bat in The Dark Knight Rises.
  • Took them long enough to get a new editor for CCNN.
  • "I'm gonna break my promise, and kill all of ya." Typical super villain cliche.
  • How is Geomancer still out? They caught him in the previous episode.
  • "I will take what's killing me, after long protests of not wanting to take the deadly predecessor of it." ~ Jay Garrick
  • Shouldn't Geomancer be close enough to the site of the fallen building? Close enough to the fallen building.
  • Thank you for not being too dense Barry.
  • Elsa, lol.
  • The music at "You are my wife" when Frost is about to build them a way up, sounds like something from Resident Evil 2.
  • Caitlin is lucky Geomancer did not damage her computer, or any other device in that room. Glad the writers didn't go that route, though they had to go with the breach. :whatever:
  • I never thought I'd say this, but Barry escaping after Barry's speech to him is stupid.
  • "Hey Jay, we can finally save you." Zoom kills him. That's cheap show, that's cheap.
  • Zoom is Pollux from the old show. That's my funny guess.

Let me start off by saying how I like The Flash, and have been a Flash fan since the 60's. This show has a lot going for it, but they seem to be doing some lazy writing that is making the show silly.

Well, tonight's episode had some interesting developments, but the big disappointment was how the writing is getting very bad at handling action details. It's like they don't have a script editor.

For instance, our gang had 3 guns between them for 2 episodes. They pointed those guns on numerous occasions, but never fired them, even when they really needed to. It was like watching an episode of Monkey (substitute any cheap kung-fu film if you don't know Monkey), where he was surrounded by monsters/demons/peasants with weapons, which, if all used at once, might make him lose the fight. But they don't use the weapons, of course, they just point them and bounce around in what they hope is a menacing way. And that's what our gang did here. Pointed and bounced menacingly, but never used the weapons. It was laughable. They just were never going to fire those weapons.
Not even when Killer Frost had Zoom helpless - HELPLESS! For the first time ever, they had Zoom on the back foot. Did they shoot him? Did Barry run in & try to KO him at super-speed? Nope. They all just ran away, leaving Killer Frost, who had just helped them, to certain death.

And then, where did they run to? STAR Labs, of course, because that's where the breach is. Of course, that's the first place Zoom would look, so they must have known they only had seconds before he got there. How did they spend that time? Why, talking, of course. Talking soap opera crap until the alarm showed that Zoom was approaching. So they leave too late, Wells gets caught, and then Jay, foolishly standing with his back - HIS BACK - to the slowly closing breach (why did it close slowly? the other ones closed quickly) which had a dangerous enemy on the other side, get dragged back through.

Don't even get me started on Barry, locked in a cell which is carbide on one side, but stone on the others. Why not try to vibrate through the stone, Barry? What's that? It's not in the dumb script? Oh.

I tell ya - I was yelling at the screen. The writers are getting stupider, and making the characters stupider to make the plots work. Really really dumb stuff. No wonder Marvel are knocking them for 6 in every area. It makes me angry. And sad.

I was actually surprised (and thought it was both funny and ridiculous later on) that there were only 3 freaking people in the entire building that had collapsed from Geomancer's earthquake.lol

I was actually surprised (and thought it was both funny and ridiculous later on) that there were only 3 freaking people in the entire building that had collapsed from Geomancer's earthquake.lol

That got me as well! I thought, wow 'Jay' you are so lucky it was a quiet day.

I've heard a theory that Zoom is Earth-1 Jay, the guy in the helmet is Earth-2 Jay, and the Jay we've seen is Earth-3 Jay.
Hunter Zolomon? Zoom? Even before the breaches open because of what Barry did after Thawne made his mess?
There's something to hold back this theory.

They've shown 3 to save budget and not consume too much of the episode time.

Amazing episode, and Zoom is awesome.

But why didn't Iron Mask just "air write" the letters/words he wanted to say on the glass ?

Better than some shady morse code no ?

lol true.

Though I'm still wondering on two major plotholes...

1. How the bad place did Geomancer find Team Flash at Star Labs?

2. Where was Barry coming from when he entered the room where Zoom was (temporarily) holding Wells hostage? It looked like he was coming out of a portal but we never saw him go through one.

My Guess is he went through the Portal but went back because Harrison wasn't with him at the time.

How is Geomancer still out? They caught him in the previous episode.

From what I remember they never caught him Jay Garrick power's didn't last and Joe shot him but he escaped they never really caught him.

Geomancer was terrible and the worst aspect of the episode. I loved pretty much everything else.

I knew Jay would get grabbed. Standing next to the breach was dumb.

Geomancer was a meh villain

Zoom is terrifying.

I was expecting Cisco to use his Vibe powers to get Barry out of Zooms jail. They went with the usual inspirational speech routine though.

Finish Him!! Fatality!!

Your soul is mine!

Let me start off by saying how I like The Flash, and have been a Flash fan since the 60's. This show has a lot going for it, but they seem to be doing some lazy writing that is making the show silly.

Well, tonight's episode had some interesting developments, but the big disappointment was how the writing is getting very bad at handling action details. It's like they don't have a script editor.

For instance, our gang had 3 guns between them for 2 episodes. They pointed those guns on numerous occasions, but never fired them, even when they really needed to. It was like watching an episode of Monkey (substitute any cheap kung-fu film if you don't know Monkey), where he was surrounded by monsters/demons/peasants with weapons, which, if all used at once, might make him lose the fight. But they don't use the weapons, of course, they just point them and bounce around in what they hope is a menacing way. And that's what our gang did here. Pointed and bounced menacingly, but never used the weapons. It was laughable. They just were never going to fire those weapons.
Not even when Killer Frost had Zoom helpless - HELPLESS! For the first time ever, they had Zoom on the back foot. Did they shoot him? Did Barry run in & try to KO him at super-speed? Nope. They all just ran away, leaving Killer Frost, who had just helped them, to certain death.

And then, where did they run to? STAR Labs, of course, because that's where the breach is. Of course, that's the first place Zoom would look, so they must have known they only had seconds before he got there. How did they spend that time? Why, talking, of course. Talking soap opera crap until the alarm showed that Zoom was approaching. So they leave too late, Wells gets caught, and then Jay, foolishly standing with his back - HIS BACK - to the slowly closing breach (why did it close slowly? the other ones closed quickly) which had a dangerous enemy on the other side, get dragged back through.

Don't even get me started on Barry, locked in a cell which is carbide on one side, but stone on the others. Why not try to vibrate through the stone, Barry? What's that? It's not in the dumb script? Oh.

I tell ya - I was yelling at the screen. The writers are getting stupider, and making the characters stupider to make the plots work. Really really dumb stuff. No wonder Marvel are knocking them for 6 in every area. It makes me angry. And sad.

Apart from that dumb comparison to Marvel at the end....

tumblr_nduoamVDHB1r48t0bo1_500.gif

Amazing episode, and Zoom is awesome.

But why didn't Iron Mask just "air write" the letters/words he wanted to say on the glass ?

Better than some shady morse code no ?

Another one of this episode's stupidity. The only explanation I can come up with is that his mind has lost the ability to process language, but he can perfectly understand what the others are saying, and obviously knows the English alphabet as he has the ability to convert it to some code.

The Flash still remains one of my favourite shows, and even now it's pretty darn watchable, but this episode was plain ridiculous from start to end.

Not me, I think he's Jay from another Earth.

Great episode! Finally some answers, we're getting closer and closer to knowing Zoom's identity.

Killer Frost needs to stay, great character. She back stabbed the scoobies then helped them out in the end. Funny how both Caitlins are linked together in "saving the day."

Some off moments were Jay standing right in front of the breach. Jesse's emo whining. Barry needing a pep talk right before doing anything. Earth-2 Barry is so much more Barry even though he is nerdy. He's more confident and sure of himself when it comes to battles. Shame Earth-1 Barry has a long way to go there.

Oh and the Iron Mask has to be Earth-2 Eddie.

I think we'll see Zoom unmasked in the upcoming episodes. I hope they don't save it for the finale. Can't wait for King Shark!

Anyone else think that the guy in the helmet is Earth-2 Eddie

I think it's Earth One Eddie.

And I think Jay is Zoom but this is from earlier in his timeline. He's heroic Jay but what happens after he got pulled into the breach is what will turn him into Zoom.

Overall nice episode. I am starting to get really confused about who Zoom, the man with the iron mask and Jay really is.
I don't think they just would kill off the real Jay like that.

The man with the iron mask spelled the name Jay. It has to be important. Either the iron mask man is some version of Jay, or Zoom is Jay or something really important when it comes to Zoom has to do with Jay.

I have some sort of theory. Maybe "Jay" wasn't the real Jay, but just a clone who never was a speedster. Also, maybe the degeneration of his cells has nothing to do about Zoom taking his speed or anything, but rather is due to problems with cloning.

My guess is that the man with the iron mask is the real Jay and Zoom is creating clones of him in hope to create more speedsters he can steal speed from.

I think the person in the Iron Mask is either Earth-2 Eddie Thawne or Earth-2 Patty Spivot.

Didn't E-2 Barry mention Patty Spivot though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"