The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 7 "Gorilla Warfare"

Looks like Wells does become some sort of Reverse Flash in this episode:

fla207b_0178b.jpg

Or at least uses the suit.

But does the suit have speed powers of its own? How does he gain the speed force otherwise? Unless he is a speedster himself and Jesse Quick inherited his powers. But if he is a speedster, why didn't he use his powers to help Barry against Zoom?

It's likely wells is just using the suit to fool Grodd. This wells isn't rf

I got what I wanted in seeing Earth-2 Harrison Wells become Reverse-Flash.

Ugh. There are two problems here:

1. We may see them try to pull the "fool the villain with their doppleganger" trick again.

2. That suit shouldnt even exist, unless they make a completely new one in the episode.

So,
Wells will be doing what Linda did last episode and pose as his doppelganger to try and fool the villain

Woo-hoo ! It's awesome when we get a sneak peek down here - as usually we're well behind in terms of TV shows and movies.

TDKR opened a full 2 days (due to the time difference) before anywhere else, down here, and I won tickets to opening night - which gave me some bragging rights over my mates in North America (well, at least those who were Batman fans).

Anyway, as far as this goes

That's my only complaint. He gets his ass kicked, then his friends help him. Takes away from having a "powerful" aura. He should be able to dance around all these guys

I get where you're coming from, and sometimes I think the same thing, but ultimately I disagree.

Firstly, usually when he wins in the end, and usually it's because of his friends' advice. I actually like that while Barry is shown as being very powerful -when he uses his powers to their potential- his inexperience and stubbornness often lead to defeats.

Personally... I think this makes him a better character. If he used his powers to their maximum, he'd be like Reverse Flash, just about unstoppable - so I'm okay with him being sub-par - hell, it's only season 2 !

I'm re-watching season 1 on DVD, and I have to say that it's the best and most complete superhero show to date (where the main character has super-powers) it's got a great feel to it - a strong, likeable lead, and an equally likeable supporting cast (well, okay Iris needs some work).

Anyway, what makes the show great is that Barry is incredibly relatable, and his fallibility makes him more that way - that he's not invincible makes him all the more human.

Yes, sometimes I still go "Come on, he could have dodged that..." or " they shouldn't have been able to touch him" just like some of you guys. I mean, no matter how strong or telepathic Grodd is, there's no way he should have been able to stop the super-sonic punch (it would be like stopping an oncoming freight train - and Grodd ain't superman).

BUT, I've come to terms with all that, and now when Barry gets zapped by Cold or some other baddy, I just put it down to Barry's inexperience.

Now the Zoom thing was Barry being both overconfident and stubborn - Joe was right from the start - there was no way he was ready to take on Zoom, and they showed us that in really emphatic fashion ( it was a bit hard to watch Zoom drag Barry's body all over town). That just makes the inevitable rematch more exciting.

Of course this is just my opinion - and I totally get why some folks find Barry's defeats a little hard to swallow.

Last edited:
Jay was also right from the start that Barry was not ready to take on Zoom.

Joe must be flipping out of his mind when he hears that Grodd is back

I just want them to work a little harder to come up with plausible scenarios. But they can't show us Flash disarming multiple gun wielding opponents in literally a second, and then show him cowering behind cover, because he's unable to take a gun away from a single person. I thought Snart was supposed to be smart? He could have always rigged some traps somewhere, endangering civilians, to keep Flash occupied. Or rig his gun to start Freezing, if anyone but him touches it.

Same with Doctor Light. Why was it so difficult for him to get near her, without her noticing? They actually already managed to give us the perfect reason for Light being able to level the playing field, by blinding him. But no, they rather use that moment to give us a cute dating moment where Barry can't see.

THIS, THIS AND MORE THIS!! You nailed it right on the head bro. I hate when people say " you cant have flash act realistically or else he could solve everything in 2 secs". Flashs only super power, aside from things he can do that derive from the speed force or his speed, is he can move fast. No invulnerability or super strength. The absence of these abilities mean there is alot they can do with giving him plausible scenarios of being at a disadvantage to a villain or even a normal circumstance. Put him in a position where he not only has to contend with the villain but endangered civilians. Pit him against someone that can create force fields his molecules cant vibrate through. Even against someone that can fly and shoot flames out their hands *cough*mind controlled firestorm*cough*. Just dont keep giving me situations where his speed makes it impossible for him to get hit and the fight should be over in seconds ,but he loses anyway because he supposed to be portrayed as some what of an amateur or overconfident or whatever. I dont mind if there are instances where his attitude is his folly, but almost every time he faces a villain does he have to lose the first time?

IDK about that
thought he looked better last season
the coloring and the fur looked much better
it's possible they over-rendered him this time around, they should've just done small touch ups and improvements on the old model

Grodd looks good. Like... really, really good.

damn Cisco you vibed at the wrong time. Nice Hawkgirl cameo

Last edited:
They are 2 for 2 with these CG characters.

Is it just me or does Grodd look much better than last season?

Well it seems Barry speed is coming back the minute he saw Harry in the Reverse Flash suit

I wonder if they're gonna go all Gorilla City and find out if there are more of them, or if Grodd was just a random experiment.

Man the CGI on Grodd is astounding! I hope they are building up to something big with him. I want to see Grodd in a much bigger arc on this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"