• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 7 "Gorilla Warfare"

Yes and this is fantasy. It's a lighthearted superhero show that does have it's thematic moments but no need t be tipping so much towards the other side.

They do it fairly often. Barry got his ass beat by a Speed Demon last episode and there was nothing lighthearted about it. The series embraces a more serious tone when it has to, and writing off a logically sound reason for Henry's disappearance as "too depressing" does the series a disservice.

It was another good episode, these past 3 episodes have been extremely enjoyable. Though Iris was a woman of very little words this episode.

This is one thing that I like about the Flash, they allow Barry to be beaten and badly injured making him rely more on his team and actually grow. I still find it weird though that they just had his dad up and leave right after he gets out of jail only to make guest appearances here and there.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the show other than the Pilot and a Capt. Cold episode from Season 1, but man, I want to start right now: watch Season 2 when its on their break, and watch Season 1 at the same time back to back. Because man, HAWKGIRL!

[/B]

That's too depressing dude. They're trying to instill hope with the Henry scenes. I thought it was fine. Sometimes a person just wants to go out and find themselves again after a traumatizing events. I completely understand the rationale behind it.
I already said as much when barry's blood father left town too. that alot of people just remember only that part(he was convicted and went to jail) after your names clear of the charges and free due to the evidence. but most people that see you were in jail and convicted mostly see that sadly and it's best to leave town if that's the case an start over another place. and seeing that the star labs team even though they did the autopsy and know the real docter well's was killed in the same year barry's mother died along with his wife and they should know better . they keep saying "dr. wells the murder" still even though is was the impostor thawne.

so the real docter well's while dead is in the same place as barry's father. he was framed in a worse way too. and the star labs team keep saying it so often ,that he's(thawne) was wells all the time and doesn't help matters and doing that even though they have the evidence which the did all the forensic work them selves and they know what's possible now be it through a meta human shape shifter's or tech as thawne used with the real dr. wells to steal his face,

what the star labs team has been doing by not saying it was thawne or registering it in their head's that it was never dr.wells from the jump is a representation of how people who have been framed like barry's dad get the shaft and why they don't stick around the same town, cause of it and people have this habit to treat people like barry's dad even worse.

And most people who have been framed lives despite being cleared , they're lives are often ruined sadly.

So no they won't stay in that same town ,not with people acting like that. and they shouldn't be expected to ether

Last edited:
So...that was more than a tease about the Flash ring right? It seemed like Wells was serious about creating one.

Awesome that Gorilla City is now a thing on the show, hope we don't have to wait until next season for them to bring Grodd back.

That was a pretty awesome episode there was some very cool moments thrown in. You had the reveal of the Hawks, Grodd and freaking Gorilla City.

tumblr_nxznr2u1de1uvcgjlo1_250.gif
tumblr_nxznr2u1de1uvcgjlo2_250.gif

tumblr_nxznr2u1de1uvcgjlo3_250.gif
tumblr_nxznr2u1de1uvcgjlo4_250.gif

LOL at Peter Gabriel in the background. Good episode. Grodd looked fantastic.

yeah seeing that prove's that Cisco is now a precognition meta in this show . in the comic's he's not at all . he may have known when boom tubes were coming cause it was what made him meta human in the comic's being trapped with one almost tearing his body apart. but his powers were just creating earth quakes via vibrations after that happened and it was the source of his powers so it made sense why he knew.

and I doubt hawk girls a breacher or from earth 2 no less . But we'll have to see.

Grodd looks good. Like... really, really good.

Man the CGI on Grodd is astounding! I hope they are building up to something big with him. I want to see Grodd in a much bigger arc on this show.

It's easy for the viewer to lose himself/herself in the character because it's so well done. I can't wait for Grodd's eventual return and hopefully an appearance by Solovar.

Just got done watching the episode. So when do you think we will see Grood again? Any changes he could end up being the big bad guy for season 3? Back during season 1 I thought they where building him up to be the big bad guy for season 2 but then we got zoom anncouced before season 2 started has being the big bad guy.

Great episode all around. Iris was so sweet , and Patty was cute and adorable as always. Nice to see Henry Allen again, and I'm really digging Earth 2 Harrison Wells. In your eyes is one of my favorite songs from the eighties ,so I was so glad to see the Say Anything knod with Cisco.

All in all , a good heartwarming episode.

Unless the producers get a huge increase for their Budget in Season 3, I don't see them using Grodd as Season 3's Main Villain.

Didn't one of the producers say that they can't use Grodd as their Season's Big Bad due to budgetary reasons?

So how many episodes do we have before the winter break? I know next week is not a new episode and then the week after we get episode 8 and the arrow crossover stuff that wensday to go along with episode 8. If I am not mistaken we then get episode 9 the week after that and then we get the winter break?

Iris seems intent on finding Joe's son now

Not sure why you say that. I forgot that Joe even has a son lol

I actually liked all the characterizations in this episode. For once we get to see Barry rely on the smarts. Long time coming also the Patty thing is seeming more organic now.

I thought patty felt organic from the start.

So how many episodes do we have before the winter break? I know next week is not a new episode and then the week after we get episode 8 and the arrow crossover stuff that wensday to go along with episode 8. If I am not mistaken we then get episode 9 the week after that and then we get the winter break?

You are correct, one week break, then crossover, then episode 9, then winter break.

Unless the producers get a huge increase for their Budget in Season 3, I don't see them using Grodd as Season 3's Main Villain.

Didn't one of the producers say that they can't use Grodd as their Season's Big Bad due to budgetary reasons?

I thought I heard something like that before. I think I heard that the budget did go up for season 2 though not sure if that is true and if so I am not sure how much it went up. I just got the season 1 bluray a few weeks ago and have only went threw the first 4 episodes and only saw each episode 1 time when it was on TV so I have forgotten a lot of things but grood was in 2 episodes in season 1 right? So far 1 episode this year. So could we may get 1 more this season to make 2 episodes for this season like season 1? If we don't get grood has the big bad guy for season 3 could we maybe get like 3-4 episodes with him instead of just 2?

I have to admit, when the creation of this show/spin-off was first announced, I never thought that they would ever go close to the comic book materials that we've seen adapted on-screen, given on how "Grounded" Arrow was at that time.

Heck, I never thought that Grodd would ever work on a Television Budget, but they sure proved me wrong tonight.

You are correct, one week break, then crossover, then episode 9, then winter break.

Oh just checking thinks. I wonder why they don't do the break after episode 11 instead because that would be like half of the 22. I always wished that instead of having a long break during winter like they do with TV shows that they would instead just have more small breaks in the season. Like maybe instead of having 7 episodes and then a week off and then 8 and 9 and then the winter break of like a month or so just have like 3 new episodes to start the season then one week of then like 2 new episodes then like 2 weeks off or something.

Am I the only one that finds the girl playing Hawkgirl ugly?

Oh just checking thinks. I wonder why they don't do the break after episode 11 instead because that would be like half of the 22. I always wished that instead of having a long break during winter like they do with TV shows that they would instead just have more small breaks in the season. Like maybe instead of having 7 episodes and then a week off and then 8 and 9 and then the winter break of like a month or so just have like 3 new episodes to start the season then one week of then like 2 new episodes then like 2 weeks off or something.

they did that with AoS season 1 and was a real pain in the arse lol. People typically want as much consistency as possible. So many breaks ruins any momentum you build within the episodes. I like the Netflix model the best personally haha.

I have to admit, when the creation of this show/spin-off was first announced, I never thought that they would ever go close to the comic book materials that we've seen adapted on-screen, given on how "Grounded" Arrow was at that time.

Heck, I never thought that Grodd would ever work on a Television Budget, but they sure proved me wrong tonight.

My thoughts exactly. They've been killing it with him though. This episode was never going to surpass the hype that was Flash vs Zoom but throwing Grodd at us was damn near close. Can't wait for a full Gorilla City arc (here's hoping).

Here is my full review of the ape-isode (HA!) for those interested.

http://otlnews.net/2015/11/18/the-flash-review-s2-ep-7-gorilla-warfare/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"