The Flash season 3 episode 13 "Attack on Gorilla City"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Feb 3, 2017.

?

Rate "Attack on Gorilla City"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I've loved all of Grodd's appearances, and tonight was no exception. Jesse's weird attitude toward Wally felt like the writers just didn't have anything else for her to do this episode, but that's the only criticism that I have. Everything else was perfect.

2. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Anyone else thought of the Rocky IV speech hearing Barry's speech to Gorillaz?

3. Braggis Registered

Yeah. Didn't Cisco make a Rocky reference after that while they were in their cells? I don't remember but I think he made one of his pop culture references.

4. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Gorilla City and Solivar looked so good. This is probably the most CGI-heavy episode and maybe that's why they were in the cages the majority of the episode.

Jesse Quick did look off in her relationship with Wally as you would think she would be happy with him having super-speed.

About the future Barry and Cisco saw, I wonder if the Wells that was on the rooftop was Harry and not HR.

5. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Unless I am missing something, is there a reason Iris needed to go to Earth-2?

That was probably why Grodd spent a lot of time talking through Wells and Cisco.

Supergirl is afraid of monkeys, based on the Superhero Fight Club video.

6. Headliner Registered

Good episode. Not a fan of the Jesse and Wally relationship nor do I agree with Jesse moving to Earth 1 because then you have 3 speedsters/superheros on Earth 1 and 0 on Earth 2.

7. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Fun episode. My brother joked that we should be prepared for garbage CGI in the next few episodes.

The Jesse and Wally stuff seemed forced.

I hope they have a good explanation for Gypsy.

8. Gaultheria Registered

Yeah. I got the impression that Jay kept the helmet because he planned to stay on Earth 2 -- it didn't mean anything on Earth 3 -- and that he only went home to E3 when Jesse was ready to take on the responsibility for E2.

9. legendkillin Registered

I wasn't into it, episode felt pretty rushed. Wish they went more into Solivar, instead of just using him for a quick fight.

If Grodd was every a long term villain, they would have to go the telepathic human route. I did not like the acting whenever Grodd talked through a human. The CGI for Grodd sucks but must take up a good amount of money.

I don't expect Jessie to stay, she was not mentioned in the future news. I would think a third speedster staying and topping crimes would be mentioned somewhere. Also think it would be selfish of her since Earth 2 is under her protection.

Julian will die because he is involved with Cait. All of her lovers end up dying, that is just fact. Probably be what finally turns her into Killer Frost.

10. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

If he did, it wasn't one that I got.

Bad CGI is to be expected.

I sure want to have a good explanation for Gypsy.

11. Zant Registered

Even when they are stuck in Gorilla city, Flash still needs the team's advice to defeat the Gorilla in the arena. Surely this version of Barry can't be this incompetent. We are no longer in the first or second season.

12. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

I think they are slowly setting up 4 Speedsters vs God of Motion. That's why Jesse might stick around. It's all about changing the future right. Keeping Jesse around changes the future.

Also, I don't think they would kill Cait's love interest off yet again. And Julian is a cool character.

13. shabadoo25 Registered

This was a fun, good episode other than the "powers don't work in the cages" plot hole. Caitlin could have frozen the lock/bars to break out just as easy as she froze Barry.

14. The Shape In the shadows

I don't usually complain about these kinds of things, but Barry constantly being so dumb is starting to annoy me, along with the fact that there are like 42 people on "Team Flash" and Barry never does anything alone.

15. Thome216 Registered

Preempted by basketball, yet again...:cmad:

16. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Unfortunately that's not going to change anytime soon. The STAR Labs crew need something to do other than being wallpaper, so that translates to Barry occasionally being a dumbass that needs tactical advice.

Learn to accept it or develop ulcers (real or metaphorical). Trust me I know from experience.

17. legendkillin Registered

The CW shows enjoy making the teams too big. This is the same problem with Arrow. Oliver did do things alone for 1 1/2 season now he never works alone.

18. LoganGambit87 Registered

jesse/wally scenes were god awful and terrible acting from both it felt like Nicholas sparks wrote their dialogue lol

cringe city
    [​IMG]

19. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Well Gorilla City didn't disappoint visual on a tv budget that's pretty damn good. I loved see Grodd & Solivar, kinda wished we got more between them definitely Planet of The Apes Caesar vs. koba vibe.

20. coluanprime Registered

In fairness I watched this after Agents of Shield, so there was literally nothing that was going to compare to the amazingness of that episode but this episode didn't really hold up.
    It really highlighted how terrible Flash is in its treatment of its female chars. Iris only existed as plot motivation for Barry. Caitlin has had her powers be evil for no apparent reason while Cisco gets to have fun with his, and even that plot line is reduced to giving Julian an arc. Jessie manages to be worse. Despite the fact that she's been fighting crime on her earth for six months, the men tell her she isn't allowed to do anything dangerous and completely remove any agency from her. On top of this, she is forced into a completely weird arc that makes Wally, Joe, and Iris look likes complete jerks because they try and get her to hook up with Wally and are upset when she seems 'off' and 'cold' even though HER FATHER HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND SHES NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO HELP RESCUE HIM. Instead the writers make it her fault for being cold and not wanting a real with Wally and shove her into a forced relationship at the end (and this is from someone who really enjoys these characters together).

Even the comic-booky goodness of Gorilla City couldn't rescue the episode from these awful flaws.

21. Syncos ROFLICIOUS

I don't know. I think Barry's been pretty good this season. There's been many episodes where he's figured out the solution all on his own, really stepped up and been the leader. Way better than other seasons. Mainly because I think they want to punch up the idea that he can be in this teacher role for Wally.

22. signalman Registered

Love the look of Gorilla City, Grodd, and Solivar. Well Done.

As always there is not enough time spent there and with Grodd and Solivar.
    I swear they spent more time on pointless romantic sub plots then they do on the main storyline in every episode.
    I am surprised they didn't shoehorn in a Joe/Cecile scene.

23. Braggis Registered

I thought it was weird how Grodd and Solivar kept "possessing" Cisco and Wells to say their dialogue for them, once while they were in the same room. And the acting in those scenes was awful. I understand it was to save money on CGI but it was very unnatural.

24. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

It was unnatural in a way that worked perfectly. If anything, this was Cavanagh getting yet another chance to show off why he's the best thing on the show.

25. Mask&Cape Registered

I agree that The Flash is very bad in regards to the female characters. Jesse as week because there is no argument from her about going to Gorilla City or why she should move to Earth Prime instead of Wally moving to her world*. This in turn makes Wally seem childish. *He can't because of the situation with Iris but there is no reason why he can't say "once Iris is safe I'll come to you".

And why have we never been given a reason that simply using her cold powers makes Caitlin turn evil? No other metahuman has turned into a villain simply because they had powers - they were all either already criminals or damaged in some way beforehand.

I don't pay attention to the writers in the credits but I had always assumed it was the same people as Arrow and couldn't understand why Arrow was able to write the female characters better. Yes, Laurel started as just the love interest but actually devolved into more than that and Thea, Moria, Sarah, Artemis, etc. where near 'just girlfriends". And Lyla could do with more to do, she isn't just Diggle's wife.

However, the Gorilla City story was great.

Barry and Oliver do actually have too much support. I'd prefer them to be alone and out numbered more often.

I'd have preferred more Gorilla myself, but I don't think the acting was bad. They were meant to puppets.