KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
THE FLASH SUPERGIRL CROSSOVER
S3-E17 "DUET"
IdIK2Yv.png

Extended Promo
[YT]C08UcnuDYNY[/YT]

DARREN CRISS (“GLEE”) GUEST STARS AS THE MUSIC MEISTER IN THE FLASH AND SUPERGIRL MUSICAL CROSSOVER – Barry and team are surprised when Mon-El (guest star Chris Wood) and J'onn J'onzz (guest star David Harewood) arrive on their Earth carrying a comatose Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist) who was whammied by the Music Meister (guest star Darren Criss). Unable to wake her up, they turn to Team Flash to save her. However, the Music Meister surprises The Flash and puts him in a similar coma, one that Team Flash can’t cure. Kara and Barry wake up without their powers in an alternate reality where life is like a musical and the only way to escape is by following the script, complete with singing and dancing, to the end.

Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing.
Original airdate 3/21/2017.

kCWJ2yF.jpg

iNrsgZT.jpg

VAN0yfD.jpg

UWNr1SC.jpg

gH0qOU8.jpg

42RISIo.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. Why. This sounds like trash. But whatever we'll see.

They're trying to make up with Martian Manhunter and Mon-El for not appearing the mega-crossover.

I thought Winn was going to be in this. How come it's Mon-El and J'Onn crossing over? Is Chris Wood known for singing? I would've thought they'd get Winn, plus wasn't he originally advertised as guest starring?

One thing I'm disappointed about is that they won't have their powers as part of the musical. I was hoping we'd get some musical sequences with them in costume, with maybe Supergirl flying and singing, or Flash running and singing.

If Winn is singing, it's probably in an alternate reality along with Professor Stein and Malcolm Merlyn.

I thought Winn was going to be in this. How come it's Mon-El and J'Onn crossing over? Is Chris Wood known for singing?
Yes, Chris Wood comes from a musical theater background and is a lovely singer, but it was reported that he would not be singing in this crossover. Jeremy Jordan IS supposed to be in this episode and singing, so I guess as vantheman pointed out, he's probably in the alternate reality with Stein and Merlyn, who are also supposed to be singing in this. Mon-El and J'onn being in the "real world" would explain why they are not singing.

Looking forward to this episode as The B:TB&TB version of the Music Meister was one of my favorite episodes of that series. In the Top Ten.

Hope they gave Music Meister colorful clothing to wear.

Yes, Chris Wood comes from a musical theater background and is a lovely singer, but it was reported that he would not be singing in this crossover. Jeremy Jordan IS supposed to be in this episode and singing, so I guess as vantheman pointed out, he's probably in the alternate reality with Stein and Merlyn, who are also supposed to be singing in this. Mon-El and J'onn being in the "real world" would explain why they are not singing.

I don't see why those in the real world couldn't also be in the alternate reality with Kara and Barry, since it's just a dream-like fantasy where both of them are comatose. I don't think Music Meister has actually plucked the likes of Winn, Stein or Merlyn from their reality and put them in this fantasy, but more likely that they simply appear in it as figments of Kara and Barry's imagination. Otherwise are they suddenly missing from their worlds too? Or comatose?

If Winn is now comatose back on Earth 38, who is going to bring him over to Earth 1 to diagnose his problem and try to wake him up?

And isn't Cisco still in the real world too while Barry is comatose, but isn't he also meant to be singing? Or what about Joe West?

interesting. So what is the history of the Music Meister in comics? lol...

Why are Mon-El and J'Onn the ones bringing Kara to Earth 1? I don't think Flash has met either of them before. Shouldn't they have brought at least one person they're familiar with, like Wynn or Chyler? Obviously not Jimmy, because he would be pretty useless there. Seems odd that it's these two who are making the crossover, especially if they're not even going to be singing.

Dudes, have you not all seen the "Music Master" episode of Batman, the brave and the Bold ?

It's hilarious. This sounds like great fun, and Grant can sing, don't know about Melissa though.

Looking forward to this one !

Why are Mon-El and J'Onn the ones bringing Kara to Earth 1? I don't think Flash has met either of them before. Shouldn't they have brought at least one person they're familiar with, like Wynn or Chyler? Obviously not Jimmy, because he would be pretty useless there. Seems odd that it's these two who are making the crossover, especially if they're not even going to be singing.
barry still has yet to meet Cyler/ Alex .

He has met Lucy and when he told her the details about meta humans. and while there are meta human's on earth 38 via alex telling kara about Reactron and how he got his powers. she didn't name him that ( yet) but stated he was of earth and human prior tothat even and still consider him that and fallowing that even live wire event happen when kara saved her.

Any way the point is no one from earth one has met Alex / Cyler . it's weird.

Dudes, have you not all seen the "Music Master" episode of Batman, the brave and the Bold ?

It's hilarious. This sounds like great fun, and Grant can sing, don't know about Melissa though.

Looking forward to this one !

Melissa was in Glee and she can definitely sing:

[YT]m1bSsw9iznw[/YT]

That's the whole reason they're doing a musical crossover There would be no point if she couldn't sing. It would be just a Flash musical. And then they probably wouldn't have done it just with his series.

I'm sure it'll be cute, but I honestly have zero interest in this episode. I want less filler and more episodes focused on the central plot of this season.

yeeeeeahhhh I'm skipping this one. I don't watch Supergirl and don't care for musicals.

Very short promo for this ep aired during tonight's Supergirl:

Oh vey, aren't gimmick episodes usually something you do like in Season 5 and beyond when you run out of ideas?

The timing of this episode feels wrong after the previous episode.

Melissa was in Glee and she can definitely sing:

[YT]m1bSsw9iznw[/YT]

That's the whole reason they're doing a musical crossover There would be no point if she couldn't sing. It would be just a Flash musical. And then they probably wouldn't have done it just with his series.

Never watched Glee past a few episodes of season 1, and dude people lip sync (even Mariah Carey) so whether either of them could sing is irrelevant.

I think they're doing a musical crossover because it's a fun idea - and these shows have scope for fun, sure they err on the side of being goofy, but they're still a million times better than DC's last two dreadful films.

I remember the first crossover, it was ridiculous but fun - and really that's what shows about people who fly while wearing red capes and skirts, and guys who run at super speed in red boots should be, not ridiculous all the time, but they shouldn't take themselves too seriously.

Never watched Glee past a few episodes of season 1, and dude people lip sync (even Mariah Carey) so whether either of them could sing is irrelevant.
Having suffered through a few musicals (and musical episodes) where people couldn't sing, I beg to differ that it's irrelevant. :oldrazz:

I agree about being ready for some silly fun, though. I get my gritty drama elsewhere in my TV viewing diet. These shows are pure cheesy escapism to me, so I have zero objections to a goofy musical hour, as long as it's fun to watch (AND listen to, lol). Comics aren't all-serious all-the-time, either. Sometimes I feel like people forget that.

Last edited:
20+ posts in and this ep hasnt even aired :funny:

im actually looking forward to this :D. i didnt watch Glee (not really my thing) but many of the cast members across DCTV are musically-oriented people and i'd like to see what they can come up with with this much talent in one place. and based from my experience of watching musicals of old, its always very very awesome :applaud

also Darren Criss. its fandom crossover for me too-- Potterhead x Superheroes. couldnt be happier :D:up:

Last edited:
This is my most anticipated TV episode of 2017, no contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"