The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 20: "Therefore She Is"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash team up with Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) to try to thwart Thinker’s plan. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Gypsy have a heart to heart talk about their relationship.

[YT]ifTVbjGoon0[/YT]

Woooo...episode 30! This has been a long time comin.

What the hell do they have Iris wearing?

Didn't Caitlin discover that KF was still in her so how does she not have any dark matter left?

Oh hey, Cecile. I'd actually forgotten about you for a moment.

Oh hey, Cecile. I'd actually forgotten about you for a moment.

So did I. I did not miss this whole meta baby storyline.

Getting the DeVoes origin story is good, this is how to build up to it Arrow.

Cisco...so many people do long distance relationships, at least Gypsy is like 5 mins away by breach. Though I still want to explore her Earth so bad! When are we going to be able to see her Earths Flash.

So DeVoe wants to make everyone stupid?

Woooo...episode 30! This has been a long time comin.

What the hell do they have Iris wearing?

Didn't Caitlin discover that KF was still in her so how does she not have any dark matter left?
I can't believe this show has a 30 episodes in a season. That is so old and even 10-20 years I don't recall shows I watched having that many eps in a season. Maybe sitcoms but I don't watch sitcoms.

I can't believe this show has a 30 episodes in a season. That is so old and even 10-20 years I don't recall shows I watched having that many eps in a season. Maybe sitcoms but I don't watch sitcoms.

It was a mistake. This was episode 20

That mystery girl must be Dawn Allen or XS Jenni Ognats of the Legion. I feel she must be separated from the Legion of Superheroes and ended up on Earth-1. The Legion must be from the future where the Multiverse is no more!

Another slog through episode with the Flash incapacitated in crunch time.

This show is becoming like a dental visit each week.

This is pretty much how I felt...

https://twitter.com/NateWeeksLaw/status/991544557467615232

So, DeVoe used technology to become a metahuman, to make technology to create other metahumans, to make other technology to steal their powers, to create even more technology to rid the world of technology because technology is bad. Bruh...

"The Enlightenment" is just meant to make the rest of the world more dumb? Ook.

The Cisco and Cynthia breakup was weird to me since in their first real conversation, it sounded like Cisco wanted more out of the relationship but then during the final goodbye, it sounded like Cynthia was the one who wanted that.

I think the colors used for the mystery girl are meant to show that she's their daughter, not their granddaughter.

they need to stop bringing in speedsters, good or bad.

It seems this season they've put some effort into making a point the barry is probably the fastest speedster, wally made the comment in the season 4 opener, and also some of his new abilities the other other speedsters can't even do.

So hopefully they don't fall back into making barry look weak and slower than the others, when now they've kind of boosted his hero ratings.

not sure why or what impact this girl will play in the finale, other than the speculation of who she is which most saying barry/iris daughter or granddaugher....i though she made a comment at the door about 15 years, that may of meant 15 years from now barry and iris have there first child and thats her but from the future.

it would make sense due to her streak being barry's and iris colors, if wally and jessie had a baby the streak would probably be yellow because both wally and jessies streak is essentially the same color....iris on the othe other hand was purple which is probably more of the writers doing this to seperate speedsters identities, some will say the color represents how fast they are but i don't think thats true.

savitar was blue lightining, fastest speedster so far and barry is now faster than him and and his streak has stayed the same color, the color is meant more to seperate them even though some are the same.

It won’t be Barry and Iris’ daughter. That’s too “obvious” and the showrunner said folks haven’t accurately guessed it online 100 percent.

Her knowing the date of Joe and Cecile's baby could mean that she's their baby.

How come Devoe doesn't make everyone also compliant to his will instead of just stripping them of intelligence?

And what's the likelihood of Marlize joining Team Flash now to take down her husband?

Did Devoe also not foresee that Marlize would trap him like that and take off with his chair?

How come Devoe doesn't make everyone also compliant to his will instead of just stripping them of intelligence?

Presumably, he wants a solution that would not only be in danger when he dies, but it would effect all future generations as well.

Cisco...so many people do long distance relationships, at least Gypsy is like 5 mins away by breach. Though I still want to explore her Earth so bad! When are we going to be able to see her Earths Flash.
I'm not entirely sure that we will in truth; I think there may have been plans for that, but they fell through. If we were to meet him, I think it would have happened by now.

So DeVoe wants to make everyone stupid?
Seemingly so. Maybe he's already made a start with the writers? :p

She's a speedster! i AM shocked!
Dawn Allen confirmed?
Her knowing the date of Joe and Cecile's baby could mean that she's their baby.
Regardless of who she is, she's got a bee in her bonnet; she didn't look particularly happy with Iris - or Caitlin for that matter.

I wonder which future she's from though; one where DeVoe's plan succeeded (in which case, wouldn't she be dumb?) or one where DeVoe was defeated (which we already know - through Kadabra, happened). If she's here with the intention of changing time too (which, presumably she has done by interacting with the team) wouldn't [the speedforce] have something to say about that? I also think, if she sticks around, she'll end up wearing that costume that Iris was given, though knowing how the show underused Wally, I can't help but think they'll underuse his girl too.

And what's the likelihood of Marlize joining Team Flash now to take down her husband?
I don't think she will - she may not agree with what DeVoe is becoming, but she does seem to be on board for changing the world, so if anything, I suspect she'll try to do her own thing, she'll fail, and die trying, which in turn will cause DeVoe to break down (mentally/emotionally) and in turn open him up to be defeated.

Did Devoe also not foresee that Marlize would trap him like that and take off with his chair?
Her actions are that of emotion, and we already know that DeVoe can't quite predict emotions; that's why it all went sideways during that scene with Barry and Siren-X.

That's it. Team Flash need to kill Marlize. Devoe will be overcome with emotion and grief (if he still has any feelings) that he won't be able to think straight. He will make lapses in judgment and overlook certain things. Instead of thinking with his head and planning out his attacks, he will act out of pure instinct and rage.

Of course, I sometimes think that Devoe is about to kill Marlize himself now that she has outgrown her use. And especially after this latest stunt with leaving him and saying that he's nothing without her.

And why can't they ever use Cecile to combat Devoe? I know Joe wouldn't want to involve her, but she would be able to read his mind and know what he's thinking. She could just be within proximity during a battle and then relay over earpieces what Devoe has planned and how to avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"