The Flash The Flash Season 5: Episode 15 - King Shark vs Gorilla Grodd

Zibby Allen is cute. She reminds me a bit of Tracy Nelson who used to star in The Father Dowling Mysteries as Sister Stephanie.

In retrospect, a Flash series was a mistake for a network trying to do superheroes on a budget. It seems like in 4 out of every 5 episodes, the speedster good guys get sidelined forcing someone else that requires minimal or no fx to save the day.

If you don't want to use super speed to solve bad guy issues, why do this show?

I don't know if it's purely to do with budget. They used to use super speed a lot. But maybe it becomes too easy for the purposes of storytelling and solves everything too quickly, so they need to nerf his powers.

Even with Gorilla Grodd, Flash should've taken the telepathic crown using his super speed instead of reaching for it so gingerly and in slow motion. Of course Grodd would toss him aside then. I knew he was going to do that and that Barry wouldn't use his powers.

By far the BEST episode this season.
Grodd vs King Shark was a bloody battle.
Wish the entire season was made of single episodes mixed with 2-3 parts episodes.
The way it was done back in the good old days of the 60's-90's.

Joe still looked a little fragile to me. I just hope Jesse is truly healthy and not rushed back to work because of fans, although it's good to see that he is universally missed.

Really glad they had Lyla (good zinger!) and Tanya back for this ep, good call back to the 1st full King Shark ep which remains EPIC because Barry was his truest Flash self in the entire run of the series to-date, the CGI and the score for that final fight sequence.

Cisco (and Caitlin) is wrong about the issue of consent because it wasn't that simple but agree with Caitlin that swedish fish is :yuk:.

Bottomline: this was yet another disappointing ep. Yes we got team flash with no extraneous characters wasting time to ensure they're in the scene and have dialog. Yes, battle between King Shark and Gorilla Grodd was fun. But it was still another sidelined Barry (and Nora). Couldn't they have been saving people from the paths of the fight? How hard was that? They would have been better off airing the King Shark ep than this, would have been more entertaining and saved a lot of time and money.

NotGoodAtNames: way to ignore my point which is everyone not named Barry Allen should be recurring or let go. Really. Since the show loves Iris so much, they should make it The Iris instead of this switch-and-bait-Flash. People who watch the show for Flash will finally be able to let this show go and Iris stans will finally not have deal with people pointing out the obvious. Win-win for everyone. You should be on-board with this.

Wow! Great to come back from the break with an entertaining episode.

First episode in a long time I watched it twice. It was nice to see the original team have scenes, I was very surprised. The teaser made it look otherwise.

The writers were inspired by The Shape of Water for the Shay/Tanya romance, it had an obvious Beauty and the Beast vibe.

The final battle between Grodd vs Shark was so much fun, it reminded me of a video game, not bad for a small TV budget.

I hope the show stays on this pace until the finale. Cicada should be dropped soon. That's the only stuff that drags for me.

NotGoodAtNames: way to ignore my point which is everyone not named Barry Allen should be recurring or let go. Really. Since the show loves Iris so much, they should make it The Iris instead of this switch-and-bait-Flash. People who watch the show for Flash will finally be able to let this show go and Iris stans will finally not have deal with people pointing out the obvious. Win-win for everyone. You should be on-board with this.

That was your point? That's hard to believe when you literally said "hoping Iris demoted to recurring". You said that first until you went on to joke about everybody being let go.

I see you still can't answer my question. How is this the Iris show? Is she the one with majority of screentime? Is Cicada her big bad? Is every episode is about her? How can this be the Iris when her scenes average to about 10 min out of a 42-44 min episode? How?

No one is pointing out the obvious on anything. The only thing y'all are doing is being a whiny fanboy upset over them daring to give Iris more than 1 scene in the show. She's not going anywhere. I don't know why you're wishing for Candice to lose her first major role. A steady paycheck as well. You got something against her?

If you don't like the show, you could always stop watching. But you won't because you seemed to keep coming to find something to be angry over just like that poster said.

Finally caught up with the show. I liked this episode. I was a little short on Shark-knowledge, such as who is who and being played by whom, but that was okay.

Will agree that Cisco and Caitlyn blowing up at Barry for not letting Cisco be munched on was bad. I'm okay with Barry using the cure as a weapon in this instance, as Shark was obviously in no mood to communicate. But that did work in real good to Grod mind-controlling them just after.

The romance between Tanya and Shark-boy felt a bit out of place, but if they bring her back next season I'll allow it. She was pretty good, and they certainly devoted enough time to her to suggest they are grooming her for more.

I think the fight scene was great. The FX spent on this was well worth it. Grod and Sharky were looking especially good. Although, I kept getting pulled out by Sharknado's plus-sized pants and belt. He's a shark-man! You can find ways to hind the dangly bits without giving him magic Hulk-pants.:o

As to Flash not using his Flash powers just when the script says so, it is something we gotta live with!:funny:

That episode was pure fun, a nice little break from the main story to bring in two of the more fun characters in the Flash's world to just have a straight up slugfest and its made infinitely better by the fact that Joe's finally back:chd:

Loved how the crown looked on Grodd like it was straight out of the injustice games.

Im not gonna lie the only bit I didn't really get and found a bit cringy was Iris's mini Rocky montage.

Sherloque's back and fourth with the doctor was a nice touch since few would understand better what it is to love someone across different Earth's.

Was actually a nice ending if not bittersweet for King Shark since we know he probably can't turn back now.

And oh yeah ALL HAIL THE KING!
battle%2B2.gif.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"