The Full List of "Crimes" Committed by Fox's Tom Rothman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if everything went according as planned, and we got X3 in 2007. We would have had another great film with a great script. We would have had a true Dark Phoenix, and the sentinels that were scrapped from X2 due to budget constraints:

Sentinels.jpg

jack_nicholson.jpg

I have given a name to my pains... and it is Rothman

Tom Rothman, is the current is Chairman and For instance, under Rothman's watch, Fox's movies (particularly their summer blockbusters) are mandated to not run under two hours in order to fit in more theater showings (thus automatically guaranteeing more money).

Explain this comment please

Explain this comment please

I do believe it should say to not exceed 2 hours, rather than run less than 2 hours. (Although some do exceed 2 hours, like Die Hard 4. But they made that PG-13, so it doesn't make it alright).

If you simply don't understand:

Say a movie theatre is given 10 hours to a certain film. A movie that runs for 2 hours 15 minutes shall only be able to run 4 times with 1 hour to spare, which means only making money from 4 showings. A 2 hour movie will be able to run 5 times, making money from 5 showings.

Unfortunately Fox will haven't grasped the fact that a movie filmed to run for 2 hours can be good, but a movie filmed to run for 2 hours 15 minutes being cut to 2 hours will not.

Wow, I had heard of a few things he did, like the whole X3 stuff and the Kingdom of Heaven thing. But man, I had no idea he was the reason Norrington retired, that's nuts. Rothman doesn't know what the hell he's doing and he should just quit. Before Fox goes under. (One can only hope)

I know it's an old movie, and not one I care to bring up. But Titanic, did he have anything to do with it? I once saw on an interview (Something about Baffos and Flops) he was praising Titanic to the critics before it came out. But I was wondering if he had any problems with that movie that changed it's outcome, like certain scenes or whatever. How far back does his ridiculous wrath go?:cmad:

I had no idea that Rothman was doing so much damage . I truly hate this man because it's clear he only cares about money and looks down upon moviegoers

ugh you can tel he is full of it . what a jerk

He's a hack, no question about it. Just like Jon Peters over at W.B.

I do believe it should say to not exceed 2 hours, rather than run less than 2 hours. (Although some do exceed 2 hours, like Die Hard 4. But they made that PG-13, so it doesn't make it alright).

If you simply don't understand:

Say a movie theatre is given 10 hours to a certain film. A movie that runs for 2 hours 15 minutes shall only be able to run 4 times with 1 hour to spare, which means only making money from 4 showings. A 2 hour movie will be able to run 5 times, making money from 5 showings.

Unfortunately Fox will haven't grasped the fact that a movie filmed to run for 2 hours can be good, but a movie filmed to run for 2 hours 15 minutes being cut to 2 hours will not.

Thanks. The typo confused me because I know about the runtime issue...the longer the film, the few showings of it.

I think the bigger issue...and not just FOX is guilty of this is that, it seems, none of the studio heads or the PTB are even casual fans of genres....they are just businessmen, obsessed with turning a profit for the studio and shareholders...

ok lets make something clear here. if he cares about moeny....that is not a bad thing.
he should not be your best friend. he is a guy who is a boss at a movie studio. they care about money. they do movies because of money.
money money money.
its not the problem that he cares only about the money. the problem is that what he does is damaging hes moveis. hes movies are not making enough money because of him.

ok lets make something clear here. if he cares about moeny....that is not a bad thing.
he should not be your best friend. he is a guy who is a boss at a movie studio. they care about money. they do movies because of money.
money money money.
its not the problem that he cares only about the money. the problem is that what he does is damaging hes moveis. hes movies are not making enough money because of him.

I can agree with that. Maybe "certain movies" are not making money because of his decisions....FOX cranks out a fair amount of girlie movies that make money....

FOX cranks out a fair amount of girlie movies that make money....

Exactly. You can't shoot a girlie movie aimed at the action/blood/gore loving, R rated audience. They don't need to reshoot things or edit stuff out for that.

Movies like Daredevil, Die Hard 4 and Hitman are all watered down to be suitable for everyone, which ruins what they were supposed to be originally. Fair enough, Die Hard 4 was planned to be a PG-13 way before release, but Hitman was shot to aim for a hard R, then they decided it was too violent and stepped in.

It's utterly ridiculous, the movie was shot to be aimed directly at it's fanbase. Then they pissed all over it making it an unsuitable movie* for everyone. I almost cried when 47 pulled out those swords.

*I enjoyed it, but it's not very good.

It's not even a case of us being conspiracy nuts anymore. Everyone knows what they're doing, I don't understand how they haven't "got it" yet. None of their changed are good, and they're just making themselves lose more money.

What really frustrates me at least with Daredevil and Kingdom of Heaven and probably others as well, is that they were completed films that were really enjoyable and then they went and ruined them in the editing room for the theatrical release. It is one thing to start with a pile a crap with which not much can be done with (like Batman & Robin for WB), but Rothman is a master at turning gold to lead.

Rothman is simply an *******, and i will never forgive him for what he did to X3, this should and so easily could have been the CB that other CB movies aspire to, not one of the worst movies of the last 10 years.

He is only in it for the money.... because i extremely doubt! he actually thinks he's making good films.

we know that its about money. but with a brain hes movies could have made more money and could have today sequels.

Its crazy though how much money Fox makes off of such crappy films, they made over 90 million for hitman with a budget of only 17 million...the crap fest Jumper made like over 200 million worldwide and was only 85 million budget... it pisses me off though because all those millions gained are just going to make even more crappy films and going to the people who make these crappy films.... but business is business...Tom is a multi-millionaire and is laughing at us while sticking the finger towards Film Artists..... :csad:

Whos making 'Jennifers Body' ? Cuz i hear they're likely to be forced to cut the nude scenes from this movie...

It's gotta be a fox movie right? Only they could cut nude scenes out of a movie thats all about a demon possesed cheerleader that's going around slughtering her school mates....:cmad:

D'oh.....Why didn't i see the above post before i posted?

It's a wonder that anyone's actually approaching Fox at all with scripts... what with the clear knowledge that they **** about with the finished articles so they're barely recognisable to what the original idea/script was.

And we should add 'trying to kill potentially the best superhero movie ever' to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"