Superman Returns The general public discovers Lois' kid!

Here is a far-fetched theory about the kid with super powers...

is it possible tha lex "with his advanced alien technology" somehow injects super powers into the kid using the crystal??? so maybe we all think that its' really superman's kid, but then we find out that it has nothing to do with superman but rather the crystal that lex uses to hurt the kid, but made him stronger instead.

Godzilla2000 said:
I'd love it if the kid actually turned out to be Mr Myxlplik in disguise.

yeah that's what i thought the second i heard that lois had a kid!! but mr. mxyzptlk is such a crappy villian. why bring him into the movie when there are better/cooler looking villians(brainiac, metallo, parasite, etc.) but having mxy in the movie would make the whole kid thing and the world not needing superman thing more sense.

is it possible tha lex "with his advanced alien technology" somehow injects super powers into the kid using the crystal??? so maybe we all think that its' really superman's kid, but then we find out that it has nothing to do with superman but rather the crystal that lex uses to hurt the kid, but made him stronger instead.

How many people, i'm talking about these circles, knew about the phoenix before the movie? I wasn't as involved then as am now, so i just wanna know if the phoenix angle actually got out before opening day?? Because, if not, then really, we have no basis of know who the kid is until the day off.

Did you guys know that the only people that new Darth was luke's father was mark hamill, james earl jones, and george lucas. No one else. no other actor knew, not even darth vader himself. (the script line was "Obi-wan killed your father")

M.O.Steel said:

that's a good theory but how would you explain
superman getting stabbed by lex? he would lose a lot of blood, and need a transfusion. who else but a blood relative could give him a transfusion? unless it was star labs who would have superman's blood on file, the kid is the only option. i just hope the kid and richard die!!! oh! and i also remember reading that the kid is in luthor's lap for some reason. makes me think that the kid is done for. this lex seems a bit more insane than hackman's, so him killing the kid is possible
!!!

M.O.Steel said:

I think that could be possible and would be very interesting to see how it would play out in the end.

why would lex
have a piano on his yacht
?

Here's my thoughts about the kid. Since this is sort of a sequal to the first two Superman films, then maybe Superman got lois pregnant when he did not have powers and that would then translate to the kid not having powers. But since Superman may need the kid to save him with a blood transfusion or whatever then his blood would still work since he is his kid but just does not have powers.

it was a package deal:p

perhaps he likes to play?

I think the kid is necessary. Who's going to make the funny jokes during the intense drama at the end? And what about in the next movie, The Death of Superman? After doomsday kills our hero, the superkid will have to take his father's place until he returns again.

Im not sure the general public would cause much of an uproar if the kid turns out to be Supes'.

I think they'll all more or less be spazzing out on the special effects, Spacey's take on Luthor, and the feats of strength and invulnerability in the movie. It all depends on how its delivered I guess.

Asgard said:
Im not sure the general public would cause much of an uproar if the kid turns out to be Supes'.

I think they'll all more or less be spazzing out on the special effects, Spacey's take on Luthor, and the feats of strength and invulnerability in the movie. It all depends on how its delivered I guess.

I agree. People, I think, are just shocked about this but I don't think there is going to be a uproar. If fact its more likely to start jokes. Like if its supes kid they'll say stuff like, "use a super condom next time." Or something like that.

Super78 said:
Can an immortal being conceive a child with a mortal being?

??

He wasn't immortal when he had sex with Lois, he was human

Morg said:
He wasn't immortal when he had sex with Lois, he was human

Which would mean that if this is related to the SuperSex scene in Superman 2, than the kid would be human, if it is Superman's.

So, Superman didn't use protection, huh? What kind of message is this for the children?

Showtime029 said:
Which would mean that if this is related to the SuperSex scene in Superman 2, than the kid would be human, if it is Superman's.

More likely a hybrid of human and kryton

Morg said:
More likely a hybrid of human and kryton

Interesting...maybe the kid is Zod's, they never found his body and that guy had Ursa at hello.

agreed. lets all just look at it as another chapter in teh superman mythos. and remember the movies always stray from the comics. even batman begins did and that was a great film, not just a good comicbook movie. look on teh bright side: there's a superman movie coming out that looks have way decent.

no kid, no SR. the kid is the key.

"look on teh bright" side should be our "teh puffy" for superman returns.

Catman said:
So, Superman didn't use protection, huh? What kind of message is this for the children?

that's why this movie is PG-13!!:eek:

TheBlueWolf said:
I showed the new trailer to some of my co workers during lunch, and THEY ALL hated the KID thing. Some were like oh, another kiddie flick, I'll just go see the Pirate movie. Man, I was afriad of that!!! I knew this KID thing would turn off alot of people, and do more harm than good...I just knew it!

Some of my other friends, that were trying their best to keep SPOILER free...saw the trailer last night. And they called me a few minutes ago and were like Holy Crap! They just killed SUPERMAN. Or something like, damn, Lois didn't waste much time, or some other crap like Lois didn't use protection? I agreed with them, that Lois being a single mom was completely out of character for her.

I told my dad about this and he was like. Yes, Lois has a baby with Superman, it has been in the comics before, she had to wear a special kryptonite necklace. I did not know that, so I said, well...this Lois is a SINGLE MOM, and the kid is probably NOT Superman's...he was stunned, and said that he will not see the movie now, because he does not spend his money on crap!

These are just some reactions of the great majority!!!

I'm not gonna be the one to say most of what you posted sounds made up or anything.....:o

Nivek said:
So much Family Values here on the board, sheesh, hate to be divorced or have a child outside of marriage here.

Fanboys despise bastard children. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"