The Gifted The Gifted General Discussion

DFDlnzZVwAIZLhw.jpg

Do you think we will get to see Sentinels in this show? I wonder how they would look on the show if they did indeed pop up.

We're getting the Spider Sentinels (or at least, that's what we call them) - most likely based off the Sentinel Crawlers from Wolverine and the X-Men.

If the show is a hit and we get multiple seasons and Fox dont cut the budget too much, I wouldnt be surprised if they pop up in a future season, maybe towards the end, kind of getting closer to Dofp situation. Fringe played with a more advanced future and there was even better technology in that new universe, so dont see why Fox wouldnt go more sci-fi in future seasons. Central plot/narrative/world have to evolve, right?
We'll see

Depends on how much of APB, Nix wants to carry over. Making it seem futuristic shouldn't be an issue.

Don't think we'll get the Mark I/X Sentinels, but it wouldn't be hard to make human sized Sentinels like the Prime Sentinels - given Fringe, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Almost Human, even APB. Hopefully if we get more seasons.

I could see something like that possibly for the first series finale (big baddie being mastermold maybe), but overall i wouldn't be shocked if they just had various mini Sentinel bots with different abilities

official now.like legion it isn't set in film universe so this means unlikely anyone from original cast will appear despite rumors.

I think that's great. I hope that gives the writers more creative freedom to do whatever they want. And hopefully other characters can be used in this and other shows.

The opening twenty minutes of footage shown was received well today, and Nix and co. are saying some good things about the X-Men.

Definitely getting more hyped to see Blink, Polaris, Thunderbird, Eclipse and Fenris on screen.

Last edited:
official now.like legion it isn't set in film universe so this means unlikely anyone from original cast will appear despite rumors.

I think you are reading to much into it.

They have pretty much said several times that it's in the same universe, this is just another way of saying it won't tie into the X-Men movies.

They just want people to accept these shows as they are and not because of any ties to X-Men,

Last edited:
I think you are reading to much into it.

They have pretty much said several times that it's in the same universe, this is just another way of saying it won't tie into the X-Men movies.

They just want people to accept these shows as they are and not because of any ties to X-Men,

they aren't part of same universe.while for now at least we have 2 fifferent film contunitys both legion and gifted are 2 seperate universes entirely.now why they say they only want characters they have no plans for in films i have no idea.but time everyone just forget notion of patrick stewart appearing on legion or anyone from original cast showing up hereX-men characters might show up we have seen in films eventully but they won't be versions from eather fc or original universes and they will be played by other actors if they ever happen.

well at least maybe the pilot will give bryan singer better farewell to x-men than apocalypse

seems like the report kinberg would be at panel was bs.

Last edited:
they aren't part of same universe.while for now at least we have 2 fifferent film contunitys both legion and gifted are 2 seperate universes entirely.now why they say they only want characters they have no plans for in films i have no idea.but time everyone just forget notion of patrick stewart appearing on legion or anyone from original cast showing up hereX-men characters might show up we have seen in films eventully but they won't be versions from eather fc or original universes and they will be played by other actors if they ever happen.

well at least maybe the pilot will give bryan singer better farewell to x-men than apocalypse

seems like the report kinberg would be at panel was bs.

They have said its in the same universe ages ago, its just the wording they are using to basically say it won't be crossing over.

As for xavier in legion, I didn't take what was said as saying they would recast but more it could be Stewart OR mcavoy as a younger Xavier.

They have said its in the same universe ages ago, its just the wording they are using to basically say it won't be crossing over.

As for xavier in legion, I didn't take what was said as saying they would recast but more it could be Stewart OR mcavoy as a younger Xavier.

well from both panels it's clear they aren't part of same universe or shall we say universes of films and both shows are own universe.and odds are they would recast if they do want to involve a character who is in films.

as i said on twitter this is exactly what we don't need more timelines.but,at least those hoping for original cast popping up can stop hoping now.

Confirmed to be an alternate timeline.

Confirmed that the X-Men are no longer around and the government is hunting down and killing mutants.

My guess is that we'll meet Polaris' dad at some point.

My guess is that we'll meet Polaris' dad at some point.

That would be a big budget item if either actor playing him doesn't agree to a rebate for their typical film rates. Fuzzy memories or dreams seems about it unless the show pulls mega ratings.

Emma Dumont spoke about her character's hand gestures for her powers and how they draw from Magneto's motions in the X-Men films. She ends with calling her character "a daddy's girl."

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/21/sdcc17-the-gifted-x-men-live-blog/#4

Last edited:
I wasn't very impressed by the first few teasers and promos, but that trailer looks good. I'm hyped now.

The new trailer was good, a better look at the underground mutants, and it appears that we will see more than the main group. Can't wait for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"