The Gifted The Gifted General Discussion

I have a feeling the Strucker family is going to kill this series for me.

I wouldn't read to much into the universe/timeline stuff since Jackman also said Logan was almost like another universe and everyone suddenly believed it was set in another universe till Mangold had to step in and say don't take it too literally.

Everytime we get a spin off of some sorts we hear the same thing that its set away from X-Men to some degree.

My guess is that we'll meet Polaris' dad at some point.

the mere fact that Matt has made it pretty clear that x-men are gone (x-men and brotherhood) shoots down any interest from them in actually showing the x-men or magneto.

Didnt sound that Matt and producers wanted fans to get excited with the idea of some cameos, something they should know by now that it would create more buzz/hype. Weird decisions, I know. One would guess in this day and age, studios and networks know it better, but... fox is different :woot:

with logan it was final film for any of ot cast so of course it had connection to previous film.though sice it's questable how much longer logan will be viewed in contunity especilly if decade hoping in main x-men films continue with none of actors looking much older than jackman's comments really weren't that off
afterall.

with other studios dc shows have no bearing on films.a different xavier could pop up on legion and different version of x-men characters could pop up on gifted.but only real connection to films will be bryan singer directed pilot and he,donner,and kinberg are executive producers though donner is probally only one with any involvement now.

the avengers are't popping up on any mcu films only secondary characters from films.and even that isn't happening much anymore since agent carter ended.

The gifted is like gotham or the flash or supergirl totaly removed from films.same as legion.

the mere fact that Matt has made it pretty clear that x-men are gone (x-men and brotherhood) shoots down any interest from them in actually showing the x-men or magneto.

Didnt sound that Matt and producers wanted fans to get excited with the idea of some cameos, something they should know by now that it would create more buzz/hype. Weird decisions, I know. One would guess in this day and age, studios and networks know it better, but... fox is different :woot:

So, you would rather tease appearances that would never happen? Worked really well for Agents of Shield, I guess.:whatever:

no, I rather they had the balls and connected the show to a movie timeline, either 1 or 2, and actually use some X-Men.

better?

I do think it'd be interesting if the kids went off the rail or something.

Sure, but it's still very different. I love Fenris in the comics (particularly when Claremont wrote them) because they were narcissistic privileged sociopaths. They lived in the lap of luxury with no concerns and were happy to just kill people from the deck of their yacht while drinking martinis.

The Strucker family is not interesting. Sucks that they are plastered in posters instead of Thunderbird, Polaris and Blink.

pretty common on Fox to focus on not the actual heroes from the comics, so we shouldnt be surprised, lol

pretty common on Fox to focus on not the actual heroes from the comics, so we shouldnt be surprised, lol

lol

And there is a big investment of Singer here than in Legion for instance. So there is that too. Maybe the female characters will have minor roles, although the asian girl here, Blink, said a few things. =p

so is this mainly being on the run from government agents?

human villains, mainly?

if the main kids are too powerful, then what threat do the adversaries pose?

I'll just say it. This looks terrible imo.

lol

And there is a big investment of Singer here than in Legion for instance. So there is that too. Maybe the female characters will have minor roles, although the asian girl here, Blink, said a few things. =p
He only directed the pilot though. That's the only difference between this and Legion though, so not that much more of an investment. It's not like he's running the show.

The kids' acting was praised by people at SDCC. The acting was praised by the hype poster who worked on the show awhile back, and I kept thinking he was referring to Moyer, Chung etc. but Percy/Natalie seem to be doing well too.

He only directed the pilot though. That's the only difference between this and Legion though, so not that much more of an investment. It's not like he's running the show.

The kids' acting was praised by people at SDCC. The acting was praised by the hype poster who worked on the show awhile back, and I kept thinking he was referring to Moyer, Chung etc. but Percy/Natalie seem to be doing well too.

Yeah and Polaris & Blink stole the first 20 minutes of episode 1 so I don't think acting is problem here.

Well, that's good news. I really hope the kids don't ruin it for me.

Interview with the cast.

Last edited:

The difference here is they are made up for TV. They aren't from the comics which just killed my interest to follow their story.

Natalie Alyn Lind said: "In our series we are introducing a lot of really cool mutants, so as the series continues-- I think in episode 2 we are already introducing like 3 more mutants."

New cast member?

DGAoundXcAAmAw-.jpg

OQd9Nnci.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"