The Hal Jordan Thread

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by $0UL3$$, Mar 15, 2014.

?

Will Hal. Jordan make an appearance

1. Nah, no chance

2. Sure! Hal and Barry!

3. Who cares?

4. Need to see a few episodes to be sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I'm pretty sure we can expect it. A reference to Ferris Air is an Easter Egg; a reference specially to Hal Jordan's GL origin is more than that, especially given the two characters' deeply intertwined history. That moment was like seeing Grodd's smashed cage in eppy 1. Sooner or later, the bromance is coming.

#126 Lantern Venom, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Hal Jordan is the most obvious character to introduce in a world where his two best friends (Barry and Ollie) are the two biggest characters.

3. TwoOfAKind Registered

Would make sense for WB to give the general audience a different GL reference point than the Ryan Reynolds movie.

4. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Honestly, I'm against the idea of bringing in Hal Jordan AS Green Lantern. I wouldn't have any issues with him appearing as just Hal Jordan, hinting at his larger future.

But given their budget and level of effects, I feel like they would make Green Lantern's effects come off as cringeworthy on television.

Not to mention on how they'll probably add in some taboo/stupid twist regarding Hal and Carol like how they've done with Oliver/Laurel and Barry/Iris.

5. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

GL's effects while he's flying will likely be very similar to the speed force. Constructs only need to be green, and many of the STAR labs props are very intricate, so that shouldn't be an issue. Lastly, compared to a detailed, completely CGI character like Grodd, a GL ring should be a piece of cake.

6. Bathead The Oldest Geek

I really don't foresee any problems with the SPFX re: GL.
    CGI has come a long way in the last few years, and it's not as expensive as it used to be. Fantastic CGI effects can be had on a TV budget.

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Its not any one single effect that would make GL impractical. Its that, to do a good GL show, you'd need a *lot* of effects, constantly. Ring energy and constructs need to look at least good enough to not be cartoons. . . *and* you need flight that at least sometimes zoom in to let the actor act. . . *and* you need travel through space. . . *and* you need aliens that aren't just humans with funny ears. . .

You could avoid a lot of this by, say, setting GL purely on Earth, with only occasional jaunts into orbit, few aliens ( and those picked to conveniently be the most human looking ), action scenes where anything really complicated only happens on the ground ( and flight scenes always being brief and distant, ala Atom ), and most of the personal drama set on a conveniently cheap Ferris Air abandoned facility. It just wouldn't make for a very good GL story.

8. Man of Steel Superman

I think Green Lantern would work best if he was treated more like Firestorm than like Flash. Don't give him his own show, and explain his lack of appearances by saying that he's in space.

9. KidFlash6969 Registered

The Barry/Hal relationship is probably my favorite in the entire DCU.

Although how cool would it be if they did a story arch on Arrow like Hard Traveling Heroes where Oliver and Hal Jordon travel the US together.

10. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

Guggenheim in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, “and I’d be surprised if it didn’t include Hal Jordan. It would be great [to see him on ‘Arrow’], but I doubt it very much.”

Now:

Production art for Arrow Season 4- http://ow.ly/i/cHitF

[​IMG]

Man they are really pulling in two directions with all these teasers/Not teasers/Not likley comments - http://www.superherohype.com/news/351717-will-we-see-a-green-lantern-arrow-tv-crossover#/slide/1

If it's not likely WB, then stop freakin referencing and teasing it so much!:funny:

#135 Mondragon, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  11. Speed Force Goober

As much as I'd love to see a Barry/Hal bromance on the show, I don't want to see Hal Jordan show up.

12. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

Why not? (mind you, Hal Jordan, not Green Lantern)

13. Speed Force Goober

Hard to explain. I just don't want to see him show up, I dunno.

#138 Speed Force, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  14. DavidTyler Registered

Jim Aparo. I was a huge fan.

15. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

So this happened...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A shot from season [premiere of Arrow, start looking for him to show up in Flash too!

#140 Mondragon, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  16. Nathan Registered

Especially after the latest Episode of The Flash. After they made a decent looking Metahuman made of Sand, energy constructs should be a piece of cake. They already have a CGI model of the entire city and all the vehicles in it. There's a frikkin' CGI Gorilla on the show. So we know they can do some amazing CGI animations. For energy constructs they just need to make those animations green and transparent.

17. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

I think they can do both.

I've suggested to have regular Hal Jordan; reckless, maverick, thrill seeking, cocky test pilot, show up, and befriend, Oliver Queen, and have an - "on the road" - adventures, on the less sci-fi Arrow.

And have the more sci-fi Green Lantern; serious, responsible duty bound, space-cop, show up and befriend Barry Allen, fight some meta-human together.

With Ollie and Barry each not knowing they have become friends with the same guy.
    Then in an evivatable cross/over episode, have them both, in separate incidents, each meet and can't stand the other's new best friend.

#142 Mondragon, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  18. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Sadly, I suspect that the easter egg is the only one we'll get. After all, the original stated plan was for Ollie to hang out in Coast City for a while. That obviously isn't happening. My money is on "sorry CW, you can't play with Hal Jordan."

19. KidFlash6969 Registered

I would love to see Hal Jordan more than any other character but I think this could be the case... still have hope it could happen though.

I would really like to see Alan Scott as the green lantern of Earth 2 and best friends with Jay Garrick. I would be really surprised if the movies cared about Alan Scott appearing on the show so it could definitely happen

20. BatsDC Side-Kicker

I really hope WB let CW use Hal. I can live with the Trinity not being apart of the CW-verse, but Green Lantern would be fantastic, even as just a recurring character.

21. ZIPBAGS Registered

This whole not allowing certain characters for the shows is really ridiculous. What's worse is Warner execs say their is no embargo of characters allowed on the tv shows.

22. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

I have said it before, I would definitely want Hal Jordan to show up. May be not as Green Lantern if they feel the SFX are not up to scratch but certainly Hal.

23. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

the chances of Hal popping up just multiplied exponentially

He's not going to be in the first Justice League movie, and might not even be in the second one either, I'd say it's likely we'll get to see him in the CW verse very soon.

24. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

just get Jensen Ackles for this and call it a day

25. KidFlash6969 Registered

He'd be great. I know it would never happen given the DCEU's plans for him, but I would really love to see Hal have his own show especially with Jensen ackles in the lead. I used to love that animated buzz lightyear cartoon back in the day and I feel like that model but with green lanterns would be one of the best shows of all time. A "Space cops" could also probably reel in the Star Trek or sci fi channel demographic which has a huge cross over with the cw and superhero fan base