• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Hans Zimmer Score thread - Part 2

I love the score, but I wish Hans hadn't decided to have the tracks crossfade.

Guess I'll have this, then.

The ones that I remember:

There He Is - The very first music in the whole movie. Plays during the opening with the Marvel logo and everything. I love it, btw.

Cold War: The Aleksei chase.

The Electro Suite: The scene where we see Max's room with all of the Spidey stuff on the walls.

Look At Me: Max's transformation

My Enemy: Times Square fight

I'm Spider-Man: The first shot of Spider-Man in the movie

Ground Rules: Peter and Gwen's date.

I'm Moving To England: Peter and Gwen's date, again.

Let Her Go: When Gwen's falling in the clocktower.

You're My Boy: A really emtional scene between Peter and Aunt May.

I Need To Know: Peter in the subway where he finds his dad's hideout.

I Choose You: Peter and Gwen on top of the [BLACKOUT]Brooklyn Bridge[/BLACKOUT]. The scene's in the trailer, it's when he says "this is my path".

Still Crazy: The power plant battle with Electro.

You're That Spider Guy: The very last track in the entire movie.

Phew...........

I'm Goblin: Goblin at the Powerplant/Clocktower fight

Sum Total: Menken and Harry at Secret Projects/Harry transforms into Goblin

The Rest of My Life: [blackout]Gwen's death and aftermath.[/blackout]

Last edited:
I'm Goblin: Goblin at the Powerplant/Clocktower fight

Sum Total: Menken and Harry at Secret Projects/Harry transforms into Goblin

The Rest of My Life: [blackout]Gwen's death and aftermath.[/blackout]

Awesome, I'll add those to the list in the future.

I actually like the crossfading.

A non-crossfading-version of the album wouldn't hurt, tho.

It makes such wonderful music such a pain to listen to, as I'll be listening to the Melancholy ending of "The Rest of my Life", and as soon as it gets a bit uplifting...cue abrupt restart of the track, instead of a nice fade out. Zimmer isn't the only one to do this, but I hate when any composer does it.

He does it on other soundtracks, designed to be an album experience. The best hope of contained cues lies in the scoring sessions.

It makes such wonderful music such a pain to listen to, as I'll be listening to the Melancholy ending of "The Rest of my Life", and as soon as it gets a bit uplifting...cue abrupt restart of the track, instead of a nice fade out. Zimmer isn't the only one to do this, but I hate when any composer does it.

Now that you mention it, I suppose it could get pretty annoying.

Still, I think it's a nice touch.

He does it on other soundtracks, designed to be an album experience. The best hope of contained cues lies in the scoring sessions.

^That.

I'm looking forward to the complete score to leak.

I thought the score was absolutely brilliant in the context of the film.

I remember someone saying it was cartoony? Just no.

The placement of 'You Need Me' was delightful in the film.
Peter visits Harry after his father's death, it's icy/awkward at first due to their long time apart, but it warms up as the cue progresses.

Oh I know, TDK, TDKR, and Sherlock Holmes 2 for example. Da Vinci Code being the finest, as he had a few of the songs split on the album into multiple cues, which in turn was actually a 26 minute suite he wrote. He isn't the first to do it, nor the last. *Hopes sessions leak asap for better listening experience, however.

Now that you mention it, I suppose it could get pretty annoying.

Still, I think it's a nice touch.

In suite form, yes. As one singular track, ehh. I do wish there was an option for gapless playback and not, but oh well. Still diggin' the score.:woot:

Last edited:
I bought the soundtrack and I'm really enjoying it. It's actually the little nuances such as Let Her Go that are my favourite aspects of it, You're That Spider Guy is absolutely beautiful as well and builds perfectly into the rousing theme. The Rest of My Life is a favourite too. My only small problem is that the theme just isn't long enough, another loop of it would be perfect.

I'm not one for typically buying scores or music in general anymore but I was just so impressed at how it was used in the movie.

*Hopes sessions leak asap for better listening experience, however.
I've got my fingers and toes crossed as well. :up:
My only small problem is that the theme just isn't long enough, another loop of it would be perfect.
My favourite rendition of the theme is in Cold War, 2.53 onwards. Just so fun and Spidey-esque.
No Place Like Home is heartbreaking in the context of the film - 19 seconds to 1.20. It's Gwen giving her graduation speech about life being precious because it ends, and Spidey trying to wrap up the Rhino chase quickly to be with her. A foreboding, poignant moment perfectly captured by Hans.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed as well. :up:

My favourite rendition of the theme is in Cold War, 2.53 onwards. Just so fun and Spidey-esque.
No Place Like Home is heartbreaking in the context of the film - 19 seconds to 1.20. It's Gwen giving her graduation speech about life being precious because it ends, and Spidey trying to wrap up the Rhino chase quickly to be with her. A foreboding, poignant moment perfectly captured by Hans.

I'm all about the original rendition! Makes me feel like going out and doing something amazing...ya know, if it wasn't for my procrastinating/lazy ass.

The only thing I didn't like is the Time Square song with Electro. The song has lyrics, at first I thought it was Electro's thoughts but it's the song playing in tandom with the scene. No lyrics, it's confusing.

Ehh, this is really the first Hans Zimmer score in a long time where I haven't liked it. At all. The theme was distracting, and not in a good way, plus the dubstep was driving me nuts (but that was probably more of a sound choice, unless I am mistaken because I didn't really follow production on this film too much). Also, what was with the Times Square song? Really unnecessary.

Two underwhelming Spider-Man scores in a row, a shame for me.

Does anyone who's seen the film remember what part of the movie the track 'We're Best Friends' is from as i'm listening to it now, I can't remember myself and it could literally be any part involving [BLACKOUT]Gwen[/BLACKOUT]

I loved the score personally, gave me goosebumps

Love the score but Zimmer's Batman scores are much better.

Love the ending music to "You're That Spider Guy"

Still loath the Spider-Man theme.

Electro's music, I do like mostly. I always loved the instrumentals, but the "something sickening heart is racing" lyrics have grown on me.

However, the "HE SHOT AT ME HE LIED TO ME HE'S DEAD TO ME" ****ing sucks. I can't believe it is actually in the movie. :o It is far too distracting and sounds too damn angsty.

The goofy cartoony bit in the I'm Electro track is a bit silly. I do like the Electro Suite though.

Yeah, at first I really disliked My Enemy, but it's grown on me. I really enjoy the opening to "You need Me." Dat cognitive dissonance

It's a shame that Electro theme is wasted on such a hammy goofball lol. Could you imagine if he were a genuine badass like in Ultimate Spider-Man and had that music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"