The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 2

I don't understand the constant Kanye flaming and how cool it is now to hate on him online (not that you're doing it, though). I mean, he's just a guy saying stupid sh¡t. That's it. He's not harming or hurting anyone. He's just saying stupid sh¡t.

Relax guys, and just enjoy his work, which is so, so good.

i agree. i can separate the man and the music. not a fan of the man, pretty big fan of his music

I've always loved Kanye....I don't think he's a bad guy, the media has just caught him in some bad moments & glorified the bad place out of them. Either way it goes, the guy makes great music & you can't deny that.

New song with Tyler and A$AP Rocky is solid. New Kendrick album, too.

i agree. i can separate the man and the music. not a fan of the man, pretty big fan of his music
I understand he can be annoying but, in his case, I have no need to separate man from artist. If you pay attention beyond his media rants, the guy says some pretty interesting stuff.

Now, people like Woody Allen or Chris Brown? Yeah, there's no way I can enjoy anything they make without really, really focusing on separating them from their art.

Anybody listen to Flatbush Zombies

I waited for all of february,. Cole didnt drop shiz lol

^ Same with Ferg! Boys are ****ing up.

New Hxlt and Bas albums are good though.

New Kendrick is pretty great. What a roll he is on with the quality of his last few releases. Best rapper working right now by far IMO.

Seeing Eminem live this Friday for the first time. I've been waiting for this since 2001.

Nas or Jay-Z for greatest rapper for me. Pure rapper is nas and not close. Lyrics, delivery and flow voice etc plus my personal favorite, but Jay-Z consistency can't be denied. He's no1 ever for me.

Don't get me started on em. Had a historic run from 99-04, but that's it. His return was pretty average. No evolving in topics just putting clever words together. Never really much substance or reflection. Also, nas is a better lyricist and storyteller than em. I gave you power> Stan
I will say Kim> undying love

Just my opinion but I haven't ever really found Nas to be that interesting of an interest. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Em.

My only real experience with Jay-Z is his collaborations, so the album he did with Linkin Park and then him appearing on two Justin Timberlake tracks back in.. 2013 (?). Funny enough I thought he de-railed both those tracks he guest-rapped on, but that might also be more of a problem I have with the guest rapper overall, since the song usually has a great flow and is really good, and then this rap kicks in from out of nowhere and the song loses all its pace.

muwhl0.jpg

R.I.P. Phife

Royce 59's 'Layers' is really good. Been listening to it non-stop.

I don't understand the constant Kanye flaming and how cool it is now to hate on him online (not that you're doing it, though). I mean, he's just a guy saying stupid sh¡t. That's it. He's not harming or hurting anyone. He's just saying stupid sh¡t.

Relax guys, and just enjoy his work, which is so, so good.

I used to agree, but I don't think his work is good anymore either. He's always been obnoxious off the mic, but in recent times its bled over into the music as well.

This new Aesop Rock album is a masterpiece. Damn.

Can we talk about how much Puff Daddy sucks? I know a lot of you will hold up No Way Out, but c'mon, that album was held up by the ghost of Biggie Smalls. P. Diddy isn't worth $800 million - the ghost of Christopher Wallace is. It's summed up pretty well in these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd4v4Mli6s0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2pkn7TDt2A

Cause I mean, let's face it: Puff Daddy and the Family albums will have good quality in them cause of the Family. I mean, let's face it, Forever is one of the ****tiest albums to have ever been released. The Saga Continues... pretty much proved that P. Diddy can't hold his own without the Family backing him up. The only good thing on Press Play was that song with the Nas verse and the Ye beat. Last Train to Paris was a failure on almost all fronts and the less said about Making Money Mitch the better.

It isn't surprising that No Way Out 2 will go back to Puff Daddy and the Family, all he's proved over the years is that he can't rap and that unless he's with the Bad Boy Family, nobody even considers him. I honestly hope that his last album tanks and so do any movies he gets in. Just **** him, ****ing weasel.

I like Kaytranada too.I just ordered his album off of Amazon.Him and Anderson Paak are both nice.GoldLink is dope too.

Wu-Tang Clan's RZA and Interpol frontman Paul Banks are teaming up to form the duo Banks & Steelz.

As a Wu-Tang and Interpol fan it is kind of weird to hear these guys together. I know Banks likes hip hop and Rza has diverse musical tastes but I still never pictured them doing a record together.

recently got into Logic where the bad place have i been this guy is fire!!!!

I got tickets to see Kanye when he comes to Buffalo.I've never seen him live so I'm really excited.

I've seen Kanye live about four times. The best was his Late Registration tour.

Be prepared for some long ash ranting between songs which he does often at shows in recent years.

Just got into Chance the Rapper and Action Bronson. Chance's lyrics and flow is amazing. Bronson is good for some light listening. I use his songs background music whenever I cook and it's very apt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"