The Hunger Games - Part 2

Stewart is a piss poor actress (and not just in Twilight), it'd be hard for that character to be a strong female lead with her playing her, well written or not.

Stewart is a piss poor actress (and not just in Twilight), it'd be hard for that character to be a strong female lead with her playing her, well written or not.

Amen, we know people who think she "carries" those twilight movies......

Yea you're both wrong. She is a decent actress. As proven in Panic Room, Adventureland and The Runaways. The reason she's terrible in the Twilight films is because they are appalingly written and she pretty much despises the franchise.

Wow... I seriously underestimated this movie's appeal and fandom. Is this just gonna be a opening weekend blowout or is this gonnna remain consistently at a good rate?

without spoiling much, just want a yes or no.....

[blackout]Who is the love interest for the heroine, Gale or Peeta?[/blackout]

without spoiling much, just want a yes or no.....

[blackout]Who is the love interest for the heroine, Gale or Peeta?[/blackout]

Well that's not a Yes or No Question but here you go

Peeta

Well that's not a Yes or No Question but here you go

Peeta

Arrggghhh, ok, i guess it happens in the book, than so be it, I just don't buy Jennifer Lawrence and [blackout]Josh Hutcherson...... he looks like a kid, and Jennifer looks like a woman[/blackout], it's weird

Last edited:
Arrggghhh, ok, i guess it happens in the book, than so be it, I just don't buy Jennifer Lawrence and [blackout]Josh Hutcherson[/blackout]...... he looks like a kid, and Jennifer looks like a woman, it's weird
you put the name in the spoiler and then you writte this without spoiler? its now obvious who it is. :woot:

you put the name in the spoiler and then you writte this without spoiler? its now obvious who it is. :woot:

Yes, I thought about that, i will edit it, and than you edit your post

Begrudgingly went to see this with the GF this weekend.

I will say I was somewhat surprised, because I went in thinking it wasn't going to be any good and didnt think Jennifer Lawrence (whom I liked in XM:FC) could carry a film. The movie actually wasnt bad, I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

My biggest gripe was that I hadn't read the books going in, and I feel like to the people that had, like my GF, it made more sense since the book seemingly filled in a lot of the plot points that the movie left out. Having only seen the film, I spent a lot of the time in the theater trying to figure out just what the hell was going on?

I had questions like: why were the games necessary again? what was the Rebellion they kept talking about? Are the games in some kind of biodome or virtual reality? Why did Woody Harrelson's character make a big deal about the elements being a factor and likely killing you, when they didn't show them being bad or hurting anyone? Why did they make such a big deal out of sponsors?

The people who read the book previously could answer all of those, and once my GF explained them to me, the plot was a lot more coherent, but they really shouldn't included more of that in the film, because without it a lot the movie seemed incoherent and thrown together in parts.

I thought the cast did a good job for the most part. The child actors were mostly OK, except for the girl who played Rue (?) she was the only one who made me cringe. Lawrence, Sutherland, Bentley, Harrelson, Kravitz, and Banks were all pretty solid, although I'll admit to not knowing what the hell the point of Banks' character was? Another thing that made more sense to people who've read the book apparently.

If you're a fan though, you've got to be pretty stoked about the BO numbers. That basically guarantees the other two books will get made into films. Just hopefully a little more coherently.

Last edited:
Yea you're both wrong. She is a decent actress. As proven in Panic Room, Adventureland and The Runaways. The reason she's terrible in the Twilight films is because they are appalingly written and she pretty much despises the franchise.

That is true. I hate the Twilight franchise with a passion the only good thing that came out of the franchise is that it got more teen girls to read. As a guy who go dragged into seeing one of these movies in theaters by his lady friend, I can honestly say it was one of the worst times I had at the movies. The story is so stupid and teaches girls that the only important thing in your life is to have a guy really? Rob Patterson has even publicly stated in an interview with some magazine that he thinks Twlight is stupid and boring ( which explains his acting). And with Kristin you can tell that she dislikes the franchise as well ( her acting, and her meh attiude during interviews about the movies).

Last edited:
Begrudgingly went to see this with the GF this weekend.

I will say I was somewhat surprised, because I went in thinking it wasn't going to be any good and didnt think Jennifer Lawrence (whom I liked in XM:FC) could carry a film. The movie actually wasnt bad, I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

My biggest gripe was that I hadn't read the books going in, and I feel like to the people that had, like my GF, it made more sense since the book seemingly filled in a lot of the plot points that the movie left out. Having only seen the film, I spent a lot of the time in the theater trying to figure out just what the hell was going on?

I had questions like: why were the games necessary again? what was the Rebellion they kept talking about? Are the games in some kind of biodome or virtual reality? Why did Woody Harrelson's character make a big deal about the elements being a factor and likely killing you, when they didn't show them being bad or hurting anyone? Why did they make such a big deal out of sponsors?

The people who read the book previously could answer all of those, and once my GF explained them to me, the plot was a lot more coherent, but they really shouldn't included more of that in the film, because without it a lot the movie seemed incoherent and thrown together in parts.

I thought the cast did a good job for the most part. The child actors were mostly OK, except for the girl who played Rue (?) she was the only one who made me cringe. Lawrence, Sutherland, Bentley, Harrelson, Kravitz, and Banks were all pretty solid, although I'll admit to not knowing what the hell the point of Banks' character was? Another thing that made more sense to people who've read the book apparently.

If you're a fan though, you've got to be pretty stoked about the BO numbers. That basically guarantees the other two books will get made into films. Just hopefully a little more coherently.

I agree. I read a summary of everything on wikipedia before seeing this, but there was a lot left out or unaswered/explained enough. It was a pretty good film, but the shaky cam/piss poor fighting filming irked me. The CGI on those dogs or whatnot was pretty bad too.

My main complaint, however, was the architecture and fashion for this "future". It made little to no sense to me. In all honesty, I'm more interested in the rebellion, what led to it, what life was like before it, and what had to have happened to the US for such a system of districts to be put in place; and even more so, what the hell is going on in the rest of the world? I'd rather see all of that instead of the hunger games, but again, I didn't read the books and know its not the focus, but as a general viewer its what interests me more.

Hey guys, I'm probably going to catch this tomorrow after hearing good stuff about it.

I never read the books, or didn't even know what it was until like two weeks ago after I started to hear all this buzz. Is it like, a kid's film or is it actually a good film?

Like not to crash on anyones boat here, because I really have no say because I know next to nothing about the books and this film, but this movie comes off as a "teenagers love it cause it's the new cool thing" kind of film.

I'm almost 20 and Male, should I see this or what.

Thanks.

I am a 28 year old male and I love the books and really liked the movie. Age or gender really has nothing to do with it, it's all about how you are as a person and what you personally enjoy.

Easily a 10/10 film. The actress did an amazing job in her role. Infact, everyone did.

She can act. I agree. I do blame the writing, total lack of depth in characters and her cynicism towards the material for her flat and painfully dry performance.

I'm still amazed at just how horrible a character and role model Bella Swan is. Jeeze she needs to call AWAP, and grow an identity outside of her unhealthy relationship.

Katniss ticked me off with the whole love triangle thing, but it was believable. Thats understandably how a teenager might react to something like that.

Hey guys, I'm probably going to catch this tomorrow after hearing good stuff about it.

I never read the books, or didn't even know what it was until like two weeks ago after I started to hear all this buzz. Is it like, a kid's film or is it actually a good film?

Like not to crash on anyones boat here, because I really have no say because I know next to nothing about the books and this film, but this movie comes off as a "teenagers love it cause it's the new cool thing" kind of film.

Thanks.

It's based off a tween book, so you're probably in the right age range for it, although my GF is 33 and loves the books and movie. While I'm sure the books are much better, the movie left something to be desired. It's not a bad film per se, just the way it was adapted requires you to check your brain at the door somewhat, because if you start questioning why things are happening it really unravels from there since the writer's didnt give enough background to set the stage for it. A lot of the big events in the film feel kind of random and arbitrary so they dont have the impact they really should've had, and likely did have in the book (from what I've heard readers tell me.)

In the end though, it's entertainment. Be your own judge. You're the only one who matters.

Last edited:
Wow... I seriously underestimated this movie's appeal and fandom. Is this just gonna be a opening weekend blowout or is this gonnna remain consistently at a good rate?

Its going to keep legs based on its great cinemascore as well as its appeal to a wide demo

55/45 under 25/over 25
60/40 Women/men.

The guys are going to like the dystopian/Running Man/Lord of the Flies angle.

If you take out the Midnight showings, It actually increased From Saturday to Friday.

Thanks.

Its not a kids film, Read the synposis, and then decide if you want to see it or not, We don't know what kinds of movies that you like.

Why did Woody Harrelson's character make a big deal about the elements being a factor and likely killing you, when they didn't show them being bad or hurting anyone?
They did show them. It wasn't like weather or drought or anything like that, but more man-made elements devised against the tributes. For example, the wall of fire, the tracker jacker nest, the berries, and the mutts. Those were the dangerous elements created by the gamemakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"