The Incredible Hercules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think it's a separate alternate reality that Bob Layton created with his Hercules: Prince of Power mini back in the day.

well not surprising I missed Fall #1 and more than likely 2

Wow, what is going on with the adamantine mace? It could never do that before...

hope I get it, they missed my Fall of Herc #1

After what Ares said to Alex in the preview of Siege:Secret Warriors, we can assume Herc will be back but havine to undergo some terrible trial first. But still, shouldn't Cho be one of the first students in Avengers Academy instead of rocking around on his own with a souped up mace (Thank god they did that by the way - and a Banner personal forcefield too - nice!)

After what Ares said to Alex in the preview of Siege:Secret Warriors, we can assume Herc will be back but havine to undergo some terrible trial first. But still, shouldn't Cho be one of the first students in Avengers Academy instead of rocking around on his own with a souped up mace (Thank god they did that by the way - and a Banner personal forcefield too - nice!)

I don't know why he would. Technically, I think he's still Athena's prince of power and he's doing his own thing with trying to find Herc and whatnot. I don't know why he'd sidetrack and go to the Academy now

...for some reason I had a nasty flash of a Power pack kid team.

....Prince of Power and the Power pack? Comon Corpy that's even worst than the Thor corps name! lol

That is pretty good. Cho vs. Griffen.

My only quibble is that if the point of this arc is to show Cho handling things without Hercules at his back, then having Bruce Banner or Thor at his back sort of defeats the purpose a bit. It is as if Robin wanted to prove he could be a hero without Batman, but then decided to hang around Green Arrow or the Flash.

Still, perhaps that is Pak & Van Lente's way of tying things back into INCREDIBLE HULK and maybe helping Cho carry an arc with guests, as he has struggled sales wise when alone. Part of me would have rather they found some way to save Aegis and he could have paired with Cho for this arc. One is loyal to Athena blindly, the other not...could've written itself. Oh, well.

Art & color work look solid.

....Prince of Power and the Power pack? Comon Corpy that's even worst than the Thor corps name! lol
Well, they don't need to title it that way. But more Power Pack is always welcome in my book. :oldrazz:

Preview for Prince of Power #1.

That's quite a bit of buildup there Athena.

Hmm...Athena wants to stick with Cho, but solicits and covers obviously imply that he teams up with Thor, so maybe the assembled god-heads insist that Cho get a godly partner again.

And it does seem that the reason Herc's mace has so many new tricks is because Bruce Banner has basically "pimped Cho's weapon".

Griffen's had a rough few years. He's been beaten up in every single "Hood Mass Attack" battle he has ever been in in the last few years, which is many, and now he gets his ass handed to him by Cho. He certainly has fallen from the time when he used to give Wonder Man & Spider-Man a run for their money. On the other hand, he used to literally be Namor's steed in the 90's, and I suppose nothing is as bad as being ridden by Namor.

Isn't his daughter in SECRET WARRIORS named Yo-Yo, the worst named speedster in all of recorded history?

Oh man, Pak and Van Lente's recap pages remain the most entertaining in all of comics. :funny:

Can I also just say how much I absolutely love that the Council of Godheads is making so many appearances again? Great concept for a universe where all the pagan gods coexist. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"