The Incredible Hulk Theatrical Trailer Thread

It overcame B&R because it was heavily marketed as being a re-boot, and a correct one. TIH has not been doing that...so far. Plus, because of B&R, BB didn't do that well at the b.o opening weekend. It was by good word of mouth that it had legs and ended up making money over the FOLLOWING weeks, and on dvd, and now will bring ppl back to the theater in droves for TDK.

It's a shame too because if the 2003 Hulk was done right, the fever for this movie would be pitch high by now. :csad:
True, TIH hasn't been pitched as a full reboot as well as BB was. I still think that will be a minor concern as long as they deliver a solid film that can generate positive word of mouth. Word of mouth is what's propelling Iron Man and word of mouth is what did in Hulk.

There are some really grandiose shots - particularly the trailing shot along the ice; and the moment between Hulk and Blonsky is nice (well, Tim Roth in the trailer as a whole), but that's about all I can say for this version, until I either see more footage, or -

The CGI - yes, they're still working on it. I get it. We get it. But, this film's pretty far along in production, with a release in less than a month and a half. If it looks shoddy - and it does, to a point - then, yeah.

And what was up with moment 2:12? It was like 'zen Hulk' or something. Sheesh.

that was poor wording on my half

okay so look at spidey 3 and pirates 3 right? they had massive openings but i don't think either got to even 45 percent of their opening weekend gross

i suspect iron man will maintain a minimum of 60 because of the positive word of mouth

Totally agree with ya, I got what you were sayin' Pirates 3 and Spidey 3 sucked by most people's opinion (I didn't mind Pirates 3 THAT much), and it didn't have that great of legs by account.

So! While we all complain about Hulk's CGI, having seen Iron Man for my second time now, how come no one is complaining that the CG does indeed suck in many scenes of the film?

Oh... everyone thinks it looks good? Because it's ILM?

....really?

.......REALLY?

Whatever you say. Chalk up another film that Frostie thinks looks fake but is still absolutely fantastic.

My point is, I thought Iron Man looked just as fake whenever CG was used, and the scene with Pepper walking in on him still looks terrible.

So can we all leave Hulk the heck alone? No? -sigh- :csad: This debate will never stop.

Edit: Wait.. yes it will, when TIH 2 comes out...correction: If it comes out.

You are in your own world cause Iron man CG was top notch and did a damn good job of transcending to the big screen from the images and clips I had already seen. Hulk and Iron man are not in the same league as far as CG. Hulk CGI is very bad.

True, TIH hasn't been pitched as a full reboot as well as BB was. I still think that will be a minor concern as long as they deliver a solid film that can generate positive word of mouth. Word of mouth is what's propelling Iron Man and word of mouth is what did in Hulk.

If it is a good movie with good action it will make enough money, and hopefully win back enough fans to make a sequel which they can make, their TDK

You are in your own world cause Iron man CG was top notch and did a damn good job of transcending to the big screen from the images and clips I had already seen. Hulk and Iron man are not in the same league as far as CG. Hulk CGI is very bad.

iron man's cgi wasn't the best cgi scenes i've seen but they were overall consistent and impressive.

There were some underpar shots but they were generally well masked with comedic scenes or not so importan aspects...he looked best when flying though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"