The Incredible Hulk Theatrical Trailer Thread

It's a living creature not a robot so the f/x take more time and they are much more difficult and complex than the likes of Iron Man or Transformers. They're working on it still probably as I type this. ;)
for transformers they said that it took 38 hours to render one frame. of course with the use of render farms this goes faster. but 38 hours. people from iLM in one interview if i remember correctly said that in TF all robots were almost 100% raytraced. if in the settings they would shut down raytracing the only thing it would render would be the eyes. every metal part was raytraced. and we all knwo that raytracing takes a long time to render plus with the use of HDRI images its even longer.

maybe if ILM would do a robot and a living creature it woudl take longer for the living creature.but ILM spend tons of hours for the robots. they pend a lot of hours for hulk and of course for davy jones

ILM and thier groundbreaking living creature.
http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3889

I enjoyed the trailer but unfortunately the HULK is not a character that I enjoy without cameos and crossovers. I love him in the avengers. I love him when he's with Iron Man. I love when sue storm whoops his ass by tiring him out. I love seeing that scene with HULK next to betty while its raining, reminded me of a scene from infinity gauntlet with Wolverine.

BUT...

His list of villains aren't appealing to me and I'm really hoping this movie sheds light on the character I have not seen before. Of all the great comic films coming out this year this one has the most to prove and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

My faith in Edward Norton is the only thing keeping me interested in this film.:bh:

for transformers they said that it took 38 hours to render one frame. of course with the use of render farms this goes faster. but 38 hours. people from iLM in one interview if i remember correctly said that in TF all robots were almost 100% raytraced. if in the settings they would shut down raytracing the only thing it would render would be the eyes. every metal part was raytraced. and we all knwo that raytracing takes a long time to render plus with the use of HDRI images its even longer.

maybe if ILM would do a robot and a living creature it woudl take longer for the living creature.but ILM spend tons of hours for the robots. they pend a lot of hours for hulk and of course for davy jones

so i wonder why davy jones looks so much better than hulk

hmph

so are you saying the fxs aren't done?

gee i would love to hope.

I really just want them to make enough money off of this to justify a sequel cause the Hulk more than anyone needs to lay off the origin story. not that this is a direct origin, but still the Hulk needs a 2 more than anyone does i think.

and then if this thing can even make 200 mill domestically it will probably get a budget of around that for the next time so maybe the fxs will be a bit better

You have to know the fx are not done yet. The day the trailer was released the fx was already improved more than what we saw. It'll be done at the end of this month or the first day or two of June. 200 million is about the cap. Probably make a bit less.

i have to say it seems like Skippy Roberts has that "the nerdy user with a multiple accounts" vibe going on...

CGI is tricky for me. If it's a CGI sequence, I can forgive it if it's a little off from time-to-time (Spider-Man movies, Lord of The Rings, etc. etc.). But if the main character is 100% CGI 100% of the time, it has to be good enough for me to believe it. And well, I just don't get that feeling from this trailer. The CGI needs work. And why is The Hulk's skin so damn...crumply. Seriously. It looks disgusting and horrible.

Other than that, the acting looks great, the cinematography looks great, the script seems good enough, and I love the whole "man on the run" theme that they're going with.

7/10

I did not see this with IM :(. I don't think it is out here in Europe.

I did not see this with IM :(. I don't think it is out here in Europe.

It was shown before Iron Man here in Norway. But not when I saw it. Those bastards showed no trailer here in Bergen. No Hulk, no TIH and no Indy. While in Oslo they showed all three trailers. :cmad:

Listen... I'll go over it again.

I can give a teen a tool kit and pay him 100 dollars to fix my car. But his only experience is working with his dad in the garage sometimes.
(R&H)

I can give that same 100 to a licensed mechanic.

Are you understanding this yet? Money =/= quality.

But no, lets do what you advise, and keep giving that money to the licensed pro, because really... who wants variety these days?

You can ask Prefix from our discussions before. You won't catch me calling it real. Every CGI film so far has looked fake as a stick figure drawing to me.
That includes Transformers and Davey Jones in Pirates 2.

Edit: Besides, this looks leagues better than R&H's other first big venture into the big screen (I am Legend)

My first post (hello everyone).

Anyway, I'm not sure I follow your defense. The bottom line is that we as an audience expect a decent product. You can't say "hey give us a break, we're just starting out". Who cares? It's not about the effort you put in but the ultimate outcome. I don't care who Marvel gives their money to, I would expect - quite reasonably - that when I watch The Incredible Hulk I'll witness special effects that are at least on par with Hulk.

Quite worryingly though, it's not that the sfx are no where near comparable to Hulk that bothers me, it's that they're just plain old bad fx.

i have to say it seems like Skippy Roberts has that "the nerdy user with a multiple accounts" vibe going on...

"Oh noes, he echoing alot of familiar opinions! Must be a Secret Saph!"

Or maybe he's just another poster?

Machines are much easier to render and make look believable in CGI than living beings, even Jon Favreau, who´s not a big fan of CGI, said so while he was making IM.

I´ll only compare this character to Davy Jones or any other CGI rendered characters once I see the movie.

It was shown before Iron Man here in Norway. But not when I saw it. Those bastards showed no trailer here in Bergen. No Hulk, no TIH and no Indy. While in Oslo they showed all three trailers. :cmad:

I guess it depends on the theater. I saw IM in Geneva (with no trailer).

Machines are much easier to render and make look believable in CGI than living beings, even Jon Favreau, who´s not a big fan of CGI, said so while he was making IM.

I´ll only compare this character to Davy Jones or any other CGI rendered characters once I see the movie.
easier to render? you mean easier to animate? ohhh whait a minute. TF had robotos wih more then 500 parts moving. animating this was ....you know ''easie'' :o
easier to render? what? again almost everything was raytraced.

Dark b, he's right, metal is obviously easier to render than flesh.

easier to render? you mean easier to animate? ohhh whait a minute. TF had robotos wih more then 500 parts moving. animating this was ....you know ''easie'' :o
easier to render? what? again almost everything was raytraced.

Any FX expert will tell you that. The movement is more mechanical, has less random nuances, the shapes are more geometric, the surface is cleaner, its much, much friendlier to computer rendering and animation than organic, live things.

maybe if R&H would do it. but with ILM i think they spend more time on the robots then R&H on hulk.

That has nothing to do with it. The point in question was the ease of render.

again for ILM it is harder to do davy jones then optimus prime. but ILM pesnd more time on optimus prime then R&H on the hulk IMO.
ok maybe not time. R&H are working their asses off now.

Ironically enough when I first started 3d modeling I made a a robot. The shapes are easier to model and the metallic surface is very much easier to render. After a while, I got to the point where I tried to make a typical white alien in a ship. The ship looked pretty good. But I could never make the alien look soft yet textured. Now this was on old school 3D stuido (before max)
But you get what Im saying here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"